Search found more than 2580 matches

Return

Re: Marathon/Half Marathon Running

Run went well, finished up doing 3.29.37.
PB by 8 mins so am very happy. Last 3-4kms were very tough.
Don't wanna think about running for a few weeks now.
by pels
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

nah just scan it through the scan at the turnstyle thing,
you will be good as gold.

see what I did there...
by Johno6
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finished my first City to Bay in 1:22:54 yesterday. I am very stoked with that considering my weight and fitness abilities 2 years ago. Goals for next year will be a half marathon and to complete the city to bay in sub 60...
I may even have a go at the Bay to City in April.
by Sorry Dude
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What sort of times did posters do in the City to Bay yesterday? I ran 1hr 8 mins. I was happy with that considering I only done a week of running for it. 5min 41secs was my avg a km. We didn't start until 8.35 which was after the winner had already finished :shock:
by mighty hounds
Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Slower for me this year than last year, 54:55. But after running the half marathon only 4 weeks and also being sick for a week curtailed my training a bit
by Keefy
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brownlow Medal power point presentation, where is it?
by Booney
Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney

quote from Wayne Carey in The Age today...not sure the Crow boys would give a sh1t what you think Duck

Accuracy: This doesn't need much explanation. Poor kicking in front of the sticks cost Geelong in 2008, St Kilda in 2009, Hawthorn in 2012, Fremantle in 2013, while Collingwood got lucky in 2010. I know first-hand how painful losing a grand final can be because of poor kicking. We (North) lost to the Crows in '98 because we missed so many shots in the first half. I'd much prefer to lose a game by being beaten by a better side, rather than blowing it due to basic skill errors.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-grand-final-2014-these-are-the-games-won-between-the-ears-20140925-10luja.html#ixzz3EOu7UXhP

Red the article. So basically what he's saying is the Crows done all the things he mentioned to win a GF? :lol:
by mighty hounds
Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Would love to have a candid chat with Dangerfield about all of this.

He seems like the type of guy who would love his name in the media every day...so I dare say he would be enjoying it.

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that.... ;)
by Booney
Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tippett + Buddy = No flag

Crows don't lose Grand Finals....
by westcoastpanther
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

MW wrote:Surely this is going too far...it is f#$king identical!

Not true, the Western Bulldog one doesnt have a cricket ball in it ;)
by Fricky
Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 1945-1990

mal wrote:55 points is a BIG win , however had Norwood won the toss that day , Norwood most probably would have won

However if my Aunty had balls, she'd most probably be my Uncle.....
by am Bays
Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if the Roos can make the top 4, the crows are capable of making the top 4. Just gotta add a few players and win the close games.

I see the same comparison of the crows 2014 with the roos of 2013

I love how Walsh emphasised the TEAM factor, was that directed at Dangerfield?

Give me a break :roll:
Someone farted...quick blame Dangerfield
There is a typhoon building over Japan...bl00dy Dangerfield

yeah, you are right, ill give you a break, how wrong of me to compare the crows to the roos and being a top 4 side :D
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I once yelled at a guy in the Smitty Maccas carpark for cutting me off as I was backing out. He proceed to block me in and then leant out of the car......biiiiiiiiig bikey looking mother****er.

Safe to say I shit my pants.

Now I stick to shaking my head and frowning at small females exclusively
by HH3
Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:They have their man lol
seriously though, they way they have been with the CEO and Head Coach, I dare say there might be stuff going on we just don't know about

seemingly you get what you deserve ;)
by gossipgirl
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disgraceful beer!!!

Infact shouldn't even be called beer
by Brodlach
Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pinched from Bigfooty- but a 10 x better jumper IMO, using the new design:

by valleys07
Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Work being so dead that I have to follow the SAFooty egg thread :?
by wristwatcher
Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

cannot believe FC saw my post, rang her friend up to meet her at the local coffee shop, ordered a coffee
got a stranger to take a photo of her friend looking shocked with the coffee in her hand.
Then uploaded her photo to this thread.

surely there would be an easy way to upload photos on the internet.

you must really of been shocked Footy Chick!!
by Johno6
Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

nope, that would be you
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you're pulling a heavy object along the ground close enough to other people that you can take their feet out, its stupid.

couldn't agree more, I actually can't believe this has happened at a professional sports club. One of the private gyms I use to go to had a area set a side for this, why because people can easily get hurt if they get in the way.
Well you are definately the expert on pulling things
by Jim05
Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im saying the sled incident was stupid because they shouldn't be near each other while using them. Doesn't matter if other clubs use them unsafely as well.

Kickinit apparently is saying the sled incident is stupid because it hit Reilly in the head, hence why I am now distancing myself from him.
by HH3
Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your local friendly bar staff will be most helpful in this situation.
by Booney
Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Yes. Student had a meltdown
Bring back the cane.

Cane special needs kids?

This will go down like a lead balloon ...

WHy is it that kids just aren't naughty anymore, they have "special needs"

If you don't teach a kid wrong from right, even if they are slow learners, they'll never know.
by Footy Chick
Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes. Student had a meltdown
Bring back the cane.
Cane special needs kids?
This will go down like a lead balloon ...
WHy is it that kids just aren't naughty anymore, they have "special needs"
If you don't teach a kid wrong from right, even if they are slow learners, they'll never know.

Interesting debate and one I have had quite regularly with Mrs.Boon ( who works in early learning and child development ) and some of her colleagues.

Whilst I acknowledge and appreciate that some children have differing abilities as far as learning, comprehending and understanding things I grow frustrated at the term "he/she is on the spectrum", which denotes a link to autism.

Now, perhaps modern science and medical advances have pinpointed and more accurately diagnose and endeavour to treat, understand and assist children with such difficulties. This is a good thing. Many kids I grew up with and in fact one of my brother-in-laws, could have benefited from such diagnosis and support.

But surely we can't discount the fact that some kids might just be a bit daft ( as my Mum would say ) or just be a little shit ( as I would say )?

Why does it need to be "spectrum" and "behavioral issues"?

It pisses me off with modern society, "Oh, don't label me!" but then people crave to have a label attached to them or attached a label to someone else. "He's on the spectrum", maybe he's just a bit daft? ( Thanks Mum )

*Edit*

I hope I've not offended anyone here as I understand many of the issues I've mentioned above are very real, very difficult to deal with and are completely out of the control of people who are impacted by them. Kudos to people like Rusty Cage who help develop children with learning difficulties.
by Booney
Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

After careful & concise consideration, I've come to the conclusion that extending Hinkley's contract is a shit decision purely because it's Port Adelaide doing it.
by Spargo
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

if they never got caught, would they still be doing it and destroying lives.

Living a high life style at the cost of destroying lives.

Pulling out their boat from their garage, hooking it up to their new 4 wheel drive and driving off to have a wonderful weekend.

While other families dependant on drugs are destroyed.

I have no sympathy. What if it was your children.

I feel for the parents of these people but sorry guys,

mess with my children and I hope to have the opportunity to pull the trigger.
by Dog_ger
Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that every time I ask for 10 cocktail franks at the service deli, they give me 9 or 11. Without fail they do this. I have never once been given 10 after asking for 10. Today they gave me 14, which wasn't so bad - it's the bloody odd numbers that annoy me. I have two kids. I don't want to have to cut a f***ing cocktail frank in half so they can have the same amount. How hard is it to count to ten? :evil:
Ask for 9.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I rate my achievement that took 9 months as well. (and 2 attempts)

My old house is finally SOLD. :partyman:

Paying 2 mortgages on a moderate single income for over 12 months isn't something I'd recommend to anyone.
by Footy Chick
Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Billy Smedts should buy a lotto ticket & send half the winnings to the new MRP.
by Spargo
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love how port supporters talk about their "champion of the game" retiring, but half of them still leave before full time rather than seeing him off . Class act

*obviously not directed at all supporters
Sydney win so you're up and about hey?

I think you're talking a bit of poo, I've hardly heard the "champion of the game" thing but hey, if you wanna run with it for trolling purposes, you go girl.

As for people leaving before full time, it's been going on since cocky was an egg and will continue to for a long time, if it means an hour difference getting home by leaving 5 minutes earlier, why not, I do it at the footy or the cricket and it's not governed by who's in front, only if the result is already determined.
I guess the attendance didn't warrant "#bringbackthetarps" so another avenue was sought.

No disrespect LM, but I cannot stand this argument.

Nobody gives a shit about traffic when their team is winning. Regardless of whether you live in Kent Town, or bloody Murray Bridge- Kane deserved better than for 15,000 fans to sprawl out of the stadium 15 minutes early. Those same fans would have been potting Crows fans last year when we were kicking back, feet up in the comfort of the Top 4.

Pathetic.
by valleys07
Mon May 25, 2015 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When I'm bored at work I ring this angry prick that we have here and when he answers it I forward the call to another angry prick and then they argue over the phone over who called who.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is why parents should monitor their children's internet usage.
by Booney
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

my commission fee is $100 :D
by bennymacca
Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr September

Brad Ottens?
by Dogwatcher
Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide

who remembers these at school :D ?
by Bully
Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

another grub wrote:And who is going to be higher than that?

Probably Fev if he's going.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 years on from my daughter having osteomylitis ( infection in the bone ) as a result of a secondary infection from having the chicken pox, I still think of the wonderful work many of the staff did. While the surgeons are matter of fact, professional people the caring nature of many of the nurses goes above and beyond their pay scale.
by Booney
Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Rioli is overrated. Still a gun, but people carry on like he is the greatest small forward of all time. In the end, as a small forward, he has only kicked over 30 goals in a season twice.

I enjoy watching him play, but don't get the wankfest about him.
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:McDonalds "create your own burger".
You can't polish a turd.

But you can put bacon on it.
by Q.
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is quite flattering how you guys seem to care more about crows supporters than your own teams!
by bennymacca
Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

nonetheless, its wonderful to see that the development of the little battler clubs finally hasnt been impeded by the depth of the div 1 div 2 clubs

Adelaide University?

hahahaha and in two words marbles entire argument falls in a heap.

youre really delussional morrell

7 months ago your club was nearing closure, as was flinders uni, as was north pines as was salisbury west, angle vale were shakey, and Stpaulshadnt even played a game

and just cos you beat houghton on an off day, when 9 out 10 times you wouldnt, Mitchell Park are the titans of titans

its delusional, div 7 has been a nursery league for flaking clubs this year, pretty much in the intensive care ward of the saafl

having only just the one div 1 cgrade club in the comp hasnt impeded on the healing of these clubs

having PAOC, TTG and whoever else in the comp, you would have barely made the finals

youd all be depressed with another disappointing season,

What a disgusting comment and a real slap in the face to people who work so hard at these clubs. Absolutely shithouse.

Our club is certainly not a flaking club. It's a fantastic club full of great people. People that are clearly nothing like you.
by adr107
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Hey marbles, how about you piss off back to the C1 thread where you can talk to yourself because nobody gives a **** about C1.
by Q.
Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated Monday - Patrick Dangerfield

Quite possibly the lamest troll of all time.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1, 2015 AFL Finals Series

That might be one of the best games I have seen. Such a great game
by bennymacca
Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 2, 2015 AFL Finals Series

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Lindsay Thomas cleared to play after given a $1000 for his kicking incident

Fair call, it looked worse than what it was.

He's going to donate it to the screen actors guild, it will help him in his next career move. ;)

Maybe he'll become a firefighter instead.
by Spargo
Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You think two more out of Thompson? I think next year will be it for him.

You'll soon be able to watch Dangerfield rip it from the centre square contest, turn at speed and kick it to nobody on the half forward flank / wing. It's thrilling to watch. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |