Search found 185 matches

Return

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

No wrist slitting from this Doggies fan....

We clearly lack talls up fwd, not assisted by having Butcher, Menzel, Falkenberg and McLean on the injury list.
However, I have been most impressed by the efforts of Stephenson at CHF in the last fortnight. He has taken a couple of grabs and has competed at every contest. Looks fitter than I have seen for quite some time.
This is clearly a rebuilding year, with a whole heap of kids being given opportunities to test their ability at league level. Some are not there yet, while others have what it takes but don't have the experience or physique to stick at it for 4 quarters.
Jack Toner was the latest 18yo to get a debut this week.
At some stage we might see 17yo Lachie Grubb get a game, his pace and skill in the last two ressies outings have been very exciting. He won the sprint held at half time of last season's GF. A 4-bounce running goal from the centre towards the goal square in the last quarter was sensational.

North appeared a different side in the second half. They would be happy to have got the points without Wigg, Moore or Hender having to star. Harvey was far too strong (physically) and LeBois is exciting. Schwarz just gets the job done, decent Blue Collar worker.

Agree, whilst I hate losing I'm comfortable Andrews is using 2020 to blood as many players as possible and ensure he knows who he wants around for 2021.

I have faith in his ability to follow a process and I truly believe next year we will posting how grateful we are that he played so many players this season as they all improve a season.

Right now we are the wooden spooners but with some selected recruiting and development from our talented youngsters I can see us rising back into finals contention fairly quickly, as other clubs have done in recent times.
by whufc
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No wrist slitting from this Doggies fan....

We clearly lack talls up fwd, not assisted by having Butcher, Menzel, Falkenberg and McLean on the injury list.
However, I have been most impressed by the efforts of Stephenson at CHF in the last fortnight. He has taken a couple of grabs and has competed at every contest. Looks fitter than I have seen for quite some time.
This is clearly a rebuilding year, with a whole heap of kids being given opportunities to test their ability at league level. Some are not there yet, while others have what it takes but don't have the experience or physique to stick at it for 4 quarters.
Jack Toner was the latest 18yo to get a debut this week.
At some stage we might see 17yo Lachie Grubb get a game, his pace and skill in the last two ressies outings have been very exciting. He won the sprint held at half time of last season's GF. A 4-bounce running goal from the centre towards the goal square in the last quarter was sensational.

North appeared a different side in the second half. They would be happy to have got the points without Wigg, Moore or Hender having to star. Harvey was far too strong (physically) and LeBois is exciting. Schwarz just gets the job done, decent Blue Collar worker.
by northerner
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know about you Nthner but I HATE losing and I especially HATE finishing bottom and being awarded the Wooden Spoon, and worse than that it will be a WIN-LESS season. Can things get any worse?

I don't know how you manage to find positives from this shipwreck, fair dinkum, you would find a positive in the bubonic plague.

All the young players are learning is how to lose. We just don't know how to win, I'm not sure if that is a different matter or not but the result is the same.
it must be a hoot being so negative.
Do you enjoy it? If you don't, then it can't be doing you any good,
I suggest you don't go to the footy for a while.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 WWWT v Centrals Saturday 1410

For all the moaning from some of the Centrals supporters on here I expected to come against a rabble.

Not sure what kind of standard the doggies have been playing in previous weeks but the team that came out against the eagles was actually pretty competitive with a few kids who you can tell will be very good once they get a bit more experience. Thought your ruckman did a reasonable job against an in-form Redden and was very impressed with Montgomerie. From an outsiders perspective the main thing you are missing at the moment is a key forward. Yes, its more than likely you won't play finals this year given how many key injured players you have and the inexperience of the current players but next year your team should be around the mark.

Eagles had a tough time at the Office and aside from our fast start we really only broke even with Centrals for the rest of the match. Very concerning was our wayward kicking for goal and wasted opportunities. Foote's absence was sorely felt in the middle but gave some others the opportunity to step up. Redden was great, Sinor had another good game and Von Bertouch probably should have probably ended up with 5 goals. Jack Hayes great around the ground but very poor with his kicking for goal. Lonergan looked underdone following his return and Rowe had an uncharacteristic quiet day - whoever stood him did a great job.
by Mr Fuller
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1410

The reserves play a good brand of footy and dont seem to turn the ball over as much as the league side.One of our concerns has been a lack of height at times we have 1 player in the forward line over 6 ft the rest are 5 ft 10 at best. I think we need to give Jeff Andrews a chance and see what happens next year definitely need to improve the list but somehow improve the appalling skills we have.You are right about Boydy he has been outstanding and is the only player who consistently knows how to use the ball with effect .

Whilst it would appear the dogs will win the spoon this year I still maintain that your team isn't that bad.

Are you serious? They haven't won a game all year and don't look like winning one this year. How many other wooden spoon sides were win-less, other than Central's 1964 side. They rarely score more than 5 or 6 goals a game.

I'm referring to overall competitiveness. Whether you finish bottom and get 2 wins or whether you get 0 wins is really beside the point. I'm talking about how hard you push the better sides. Whilst bottom, your side is far more competitive than some of the sides Sturt was fielding in early 90s as I recall. For example, I googled season 1991 and 1992 the three and two wins but with a percentage of sub 40%!! They were getting belted virtually every week. Your team is not getting belted i.e a much stronger team. And kicking 5-6 goals per week isn't that bad when the opposition is only kicking 8-9 goals. The point is it will only take 1-2 good recruits and/or a couple of juniors to come good and things will turn around very quickly. Its not all doom and gloom :)
by Mr Fuller
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Umpiring - The diary of a local umpy.

am bays is a whistle blower down south.

My son is umpiring 2 games on a Sunday, u10's and u12's back to back, he ran 8kms yesterday which is great fitness for him after his footy on Sat. Makes $90 for 2 hours work, great for a 15yo.

He had to send 2 players off yesterday for the first time, one from each team, he handled it very well.
Good stuff Dutchy. I am only guessing at my k's so I reckon 2 games 12's & 14's I am around the mark at 10k's.

Great to learn of a kid at 15 doing this. He will get a far better understanding of the game as well. I noted a post on the weekend reckon it was LMA saying he thought those spectators who sledge umpires the most are those who probably never played the game. Players & spectators would learn an awful lot if they were to umpire. Its harder than it looks.
by Corona Man
Mon May 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Umpiring - The diary of a local umpy.

Just one game on Sunday arvo, having returned from Adelaide that morning. Girls U/14's. They have some special rules for both 12 & 14's girls. I was aware of them and consulted the handbook prior to the game to make sure I was full bottle. Special rules include, no soccering (unless accidental), 15 players on the ground & only 3 in the centre square for ball up's. No more than 2 bounces (a third in HTB), and no taking of full possession at a ruck contest, ball must be tapped.

Just before half time, a girl takes full possession of the ball at a boundary throw in. I blow the whistle, pay the free to the opposition & call "no full possession in the ruck"....... this is right near the coaches bench. They go off at me..... that rules has been changed ump, and yes, it has for senior women, but remains for under age. At this point I know I am correct, I read the rule about 45 minutes earlier. As I am explaining this to the bench half time siren goes. I go to the ump room, find the handbook & crease the page. Team Manager comes in with team sheet, I say - here show this to your coach. As we walk out for the second half, coach approaches me & apologizes. I say no worries mate..... I get enough decisions wrong, without getting one right, only to be told I am still wrong. He laughed, I laughed & the game went on.
by Corona Man
Tue May 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd Nine North Norwood at Prospect 1:34 pm

Brucetiki wrote:1:34pm?

The SANFL getting very precise with start times these days.

I think you will find it's Channel 7. Last weeks televised match was asked by channel 7 to start at 1.34 pm. Another minute for adds.
by ferret
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

NEAFL has been absorbed into the VFL.
NAB league is going to U17’s and U19’s so I’d expect we will have to follow suit

Hang on... weren’t we encouraged into scrapping our 17’s & 19’s to fall into line with the AFL 18’s comp?

You're spot on, and when I read that from JIm, I had a chuckle for that reason.

IIRC Kris Grant was a vocal opponent of the changes to the under 18 format based on the physical and character development of the individuals. AFL decision makers demonstrate time and time again that they are only interested in the bottom line.

The question is, how will the new expanded NEAFL / VFL competition be funded?
by wild dog
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when Centrals lost by a couple of goals to the eagles and a number of doggies supporters were going hysterical about how putrid the team is...........they aren't that bad. From the matches I have seen your team seems to be highly competitive for half a match or so then fall off in one flat quarter and this costs you the match. With such a young team that is bound to happen. But against the eagles i saw quite a few of those youngster who certainly have got a lot of ability. And this is complemented by four or five reasonably good veterans. I knew it would all come together at some stage and I wasn't surprised you got a win against an inconsistent norwood.

Who might get drafted from the doggies squad this year? Perhaps only Durdin? If the bulk of that squad stays together and you recruit at least two experienced players who can immediately contribute then with natural progression of those youngsters i reckon your team could rapidly rise next year and jag many more wins.
by Mr Fuller
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the sky hasn't fallen? Shock me .

The only issue in the last few weeks is the negative supporters are happy. They don't deserve it!
by smac
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Central, some real positives this season, amongst the negatives,
I feel next season will be a very different "ball game",
hopefully 2 Menzels in the side for the season, surely we're a 5 goal better side with them both in?
And our big blokes are coming along slowly but steadily, that's a big plus.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great reward for effort.

Despite all the early losses the effort had been there from the lads.

If we can compliment the current batch of heart and work rate with a few more out and out A Graders we can be back in contention sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to what Andrews first normal off season of recruiting looks like.
by whufc
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah not a bad effort except for a a couple of five minute fade outs.

Goody made a few mistakes maybe time to hang up boots.

As gazza says a few more ins next year the Menzel boys and Izzie also the young boys are developing very nicely.

Bring on 2021.
by Apachebulldog
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah not a bad effort except for a a couple of five minute fade outs.

Goody made a few mistakes maybe time to hang up boots.

As gazza says a few more ins next year the Menzel boys and Izzie also the young boys are developing very nicely.

Bring on 2021.
another win or 2 this season would be nice too :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brucetiki wrote:The Reserves are now a game and percentage clear on top as well.

Things are heading in the right direction.
Definitely not doom and gloom and could be in the mix next year.
The U18’s are still pretty ordinary but that can change quickly
by Jim05
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Reserves are now a game and percentage clear on top as well.

Things are heading in the right direction. Definitely not doom and gloom and could be in the mix next year.
The U18’s are still pretty ordinary but that can change quickly

Our U18s are a 'Jekyl and Hyde' team; we managed to beat Sturt when they were top, allowing Norwood to take their spot. However, yes, we have put in a few very poor games. A lot depends on when those who play College football are available.
Cheers

P.S. In other news, it appears that Matthew Panos' season may be over, having scans today. A wonderful man and great player and it would be sad to see him finish his first season as captain on the sidelines.
by bulldogproud
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 North V Centrals Saturday 1410

Probably could have its own thread but today (10th) is the 20th Anniversary the CDFC's first Premiership, defeating the Eagles in front of just under 35,000.

A big four quarter effort this week is in order! :D
by StrayDog
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Question was "Are you Drunk?"
I don't see the relevence and think its a poor attempt at being rude to a fellow poster who's opinion you might disagree with but no mate, working tomorrow. I could ask you a similar question but I wouldn't stoop to that, surely we can all have opinions and discuss footy games without rude inferences about each other, and as the bloke who created this site I discourage it.

Just remember when I asked my initial queation I had no idea who kicked it, I had the volume off the digital pass since before 2.30pm and was watching the game on a small tablet.
As this distraction did go on long enough in this game thread and a few days have passed, I'll keep it brief:-

:)) =)) :))

Short memories and all that.

Play on, and stay safe everyone.

I will just add one comment: To say that John Butcher would be unwelcome at Elizabeth, as a certain poster did, is as far from the truth as possible. For what John Butcher has offered the club this year, all Central supporters are extremely grateful. He commenced the season as a nonplaying assistant coach, which is worthy of thanks from the club itself. However, on realising that the club was short of key forwards (having lost Menzel, McKenzie and McLean even before Round One was completed) John answered the call and decided to don the boots once again. Huge thanks for this. Yes, he still sprays some set shots (which is probably why he played on in this instance) but his marking presence has vastly improved the performance of the team. Having Butch up forward either taking marks, or at the very least competing to get the ball to ground, has enabled our game plan to straighten-up, rather than have the huge amount of sideways movement without getting anywhere that we were seeing earlier in the season. Additionally, his kicking for goal has not been that bad this year... although he is still plauged by inconsistency.
For one, I hope that John Butcher plays on for us next year; he still has a huge amount to offer as player. Either way, I am so thankful of Butch's presence at the club... as an assistant coach and leader to the younger players.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not qualified to comment on Butcher, having only seen Centrals once in the flesh (get it? Butcher?) this year a couple of weeks back, but from what I saw he was very a threatening presence in the forward line, took some strong contested marks, kicked three goals in the first half, and generally seemed to give Cameron Craig some headaches, who IMO is one of the premier fullbacks in the comp.

Centrals should do all they can to keep him for 2021, irrespective of his goal kicking limitations he provides a solid target, and as bulldogproud says, straightens the side up.
by Magellan
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His kicking for goal is worful as we all know. I thought I heard a Centrals fan on here say he would play CHB this year. That where I would play him .

21.13 in 10 matches this year; one bag of five and four bags of three. A number of these goals have come from 40 metres out or beyond... not a bad return in my book. He has also spent periods down back and a fair bit of time in ruck.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm really glad he came to play at our club. He has been a valuable acquisition. I hope he decides to play again next year. With the retirement of Trent Goodrem his favourite no. 11 guernsey is available for him.
by Groucho
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

After every cafe between Gawler and Gepps was seemingly fully booked out yesterday morning I reluctantly had to opt for Caffe Primo Munno Para as a last resort.

It didn't let us down, the noise in there sounded like a McDonalds playground, our coffee's took 20+ minutes even after jokingly gesturing to accept any coffee's as ours as they were bringing them out, the poached eggs were hard and mushy, the bacon was cold as was the chorizo and the plate had more mushrooms presence than Woodstock.

Added salmon to the smashed avo with poached eggs, bugger all added and them eggs were shithouse too, the avo sauce was actually nice though.

For what the menu looked like vs what was served up it was a thorough disappointment.

1/10, on the never to visit list.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After every cafe between Gawler and Gepps was seemingly fully booked out yesterday morning I reluctantly had to opt for Caffe Primo Munno Para as a last resort.

It didn't let us down, the noise in there sounded like a McDonalds playground, our coffee's took 20+ minutes even after jokingly gesturing to accept any coffee's as ours as they were bringing them out, the poached eggs were hard and mushy, the bacon was cold as was the chorizo and the plate had more mushrooms presence than Woodstock.

Added salmon to the smashed avo with poached eggs, bugger all added and them eggs were shithouse too, the avo sauce was actually nice though.

For what the menu looked like vs what was served up it was a thorough disappointment.

1/10, on the never to visit list.

Primo Quality :D

Yep, I don't mind their takeaway pizza's, they are now banned on pure principle.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm in walking distance of this place, and it is seriously the best Asian food in the state (in my opinion anyway).

Normally when I eat somewhere there's a go-to dish I tend to stick with. Not here. I have a rotation of about half a dozen different dishes that I'll eat there, though I often alternate between the Singapore noodles and the laksa for the main.

For entrée, you can't go past their Vietnam House spring rolls. If you can find better spring rolls I want to know about them. Oh, and the satay sauce that accompanies the prawn crackers is amazing.

The place is often quite busy - I don't think I've ever seen the place quiet (outside of COVID). And the staff are fantastic. Some of the lines the owner says are brilliant - best one was asking 'what breed' in response to someone ordering a particular dish.

It's great food and always an entertaining experience there.

It's on the to go list, have a crack at the House of the Red Dragon springies mate, they are huge and a meal on their own.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mrs. Creation and I went to Vietnam House on Bagster Road, Salisbury North last night. It was her first time there, and my second.

For our starters, Mrs. C. got a chicken & sweetcorn soup, while I went with the crab meat & asparagus. Both were really tasty, and were ample in size, and they were devoured within a few minutes.

Mrs C's soup: 8/10
My soup: 8/10

For our mains, Mrs. C. went with the standard sweet & sour pork, while I went for the claypot with caramelized pork belly and quail egg. I was about to have a dig at the missus for not being adventurous until she gave me a taste of her meal. I doubt I've had a bite of sweet & sour pork that good. My claypot was everything I was hoping it would be, and more. The pork was cooked perfectly, and there was a pleasant lack of gristle in both our dishes.

Mrs. C's main: 8.5/10
My main: 9/10.

Vietnam House.jpg

We both went for fried ice cream for dessert. I don't usually touch ice cream unless I'm home (it goes straight through me), but I made a happy exception tonight. The coconut batter around the ice cream itself was a revelation, and was topped nicely with nuts.

Mrs. C's dessert: 9/10
My dessert: 9/10

Service wise, the owner/waiter is very charismatic and chatty, and he seems to love his job. For people not expecting that, it might throw you off at first, but he's a good bloke, and happy to have a laugh.

The lady who brought us our meals was flat out all night, but was very efficient and polite nonetheless. She's obviously worked out a system that works.

Our three courses and a can of soft drink each cost just shy of $70, so it's excellent value too.

In summary, if you're from the north and want to try a new spot, here you go. You're welcome. If you're from elsewhere and you want brave the northern suburbs, you'll be safe here.

I'm in walking distance of this place, and it is seriously the best Asian food in the state (in my opinion anyway).

Normally when I eat somewhere there's a go-to dish I tend to stick with. Not here. I have a rotation of about half a dozen different dishes that I'll eat there, though I often alternate between the Singapore noodles and the laksa for the main.

For entrée, you can't go past their Vietnam House spring rolls. If you can find better spring rolls I want to know about them. Oh, and the satay sauce that accompanies the prawn crackers is amazing.

The place is often quite busy - I don't think I've ever seen the place quiet (outside of COVID). And the staff are fantastic. Some of the lines the owner says are brilliant - best one was asking 'what breed' in response to someone ordering a particular dish.

I reckon our footy club has put the Vietnam House owners grandkids through college already. Cant go a day without seeing blokes on Snapchat having lunch there.
by Pag
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mrs. Creation and I went to Vietnam House on Bagster Road, Salisbury North last night. It was her first time there, and my second.

For our starters, Mrs. C. got a chicken & sweetcorn soup, while I went with the crab meat & asparagus. Both were really tasty, and were ample in size, and they were devoured within a few minutes.

Mrs C's soup: 8/10
My soup: 8/10

For our mains, Mrs. C. went with the standard sweet & sour pork, while I went for the claypot with caramelized pork belly and quail egg. I was about to have a dig at the missus for not being adventurous until she gave me a taste of her meal. I doubt I've had a bite of sweet & sour pork that good. My claypot was everything I was hoping it would be, and more. The pork was cooked perfectly, and there was a pleasant lack of gristle in both our dishes.

Mrs. C's main: 8.5/10
My main: 9/10.

Vietnam House.jpg

We both went for fried ice cream for dessert. I don't usually touch ice cream unless I'm home (it goes straight through me), but I made a happy exception tonight. The coconut batter around the ice cream itself was a revelation, and was topped nicely with nuts.

Mrs. C's dessert: 9/10
My dessert: 9/10

Service wise, the owner/waiter is very charismatic and chatty, and he seems to love his job. For people not expecting that, it might throw you off at first, but he's a good bloke, and happy to have a laugh.

The lady who brought us our meals was flat out all night, but was very efficient and polite nonetheless. She's obviously worked out a system that works.

Our three courses and a can of soft drink each cost just shy of $70, so it's excellent value too.

In summary, if you're from the north and want to try a new spot, here you go. You're welcome. If you're from elsewhere and you want brave the northern suburbs, you'll be safe here.

I reckon our footy club has put the Vietnam House owners grandkids through college already. Cant go a day without seeing blokes on Snapchat having lunch there. Good food and proximity to RAAF base is a recipe for success. I often head there when I’m working at the base and always plenty of ADF staff there.

Mai kitchen at Ferryden Park is another Vietnamese restaurant that serves amazing food. It’s tucked away in a side street but food is great
by Jim05
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Told you mob Centrals are on the right track.
by am Bays
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

A great way of seeing off two of the greatest clubmen to have represented Central since the 2000's commenced. Thank you, Goody and Alfie for the great memories. Enjoy a well-earned retirement.
The Eagles may have played somewhat in 'cruise-control' mode today but I will still enjoy this win, as all Central supporters should.
Why does the season have to end now? - we are just beginning to hit peak form ;).
Still, encouraging signs from a number of young players... if we can hold onto them for next year!
by bulldogproud
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRIMA GONE

Gee just because we're the Premiers everyone is trying to copy the Glenelg way off-field too...
by am Bays
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRIMA GONE

am Bays wrote:Gee just because we're the Premiers everyone is trying to copy the Glenelg way off-field too...

What? Other clubs have a 'keys in the bowl' policy as well? ;)
by Magellan
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Groucho wrote:Daryl Hicks

Yeah absolutely

Performed many different rules including club pastor and mentor to many.

Back when I was involved at the club he would just walk laps during training and players would come and walk a few laps whilst they quietly and discreetly talked away.
by whufc
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals matches

I used to fancy the idea of playing the first week at suburban grounds before shifting to AO. Would generate a terrific atmosphere and also reward the teams in 2nd and 4th spot.

There is something about walking into AO though that makes it feel like finals time however .

I can never get away from that point.

Even the old Football Park, once you walked into the ground the intensity lifted immediately. I don't follow an AFL team so my only attendances to these grounds for football is for Centrals so don't know if that added to the 'prestige' of it for me.

Getting all corny and shit it felt like it was part of the journey on the search for the holy grail.

Just wouldn't feel the same heading to Richmond / Noarlunga (no disrespect intended) for a second semi final or prelim.
by whufc
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great easy win by the North Ressies. Central lost one game in the minor round and have now lost two two finals. :shock:
2 GFs next week! :D

Good luck next week, Wedgie.
We sacked a popular coach who was beginning to get results: I don't think the players were too happy about that... and it showed with the performance of the Ressies.
by bulldogproud
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great easy win by the North Ressies. Central lost one game in the minor round and have now lost two two finals. :shock:
2 GFs next week! :D

Good luck next week, Wedgie.
We sacked a popular coach who was beginning to get results: I don't think the players were too happy about that... and it showed with the performance of the Ressies.
Popular?
Seriously, who would know?
The total lack of transparency from the club has been woeful.
No reasons, no talk of pay out figures, nothing.
by Spargo
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Attendance 17,038.

Not bad really considering the way attendance was discouraged including by making it very difficult for those without smartphones.

Forgetting the crowd figure, the smartphone excuse is a cop out. If you are in the minority of football supporters & don’t have one, you would have to have a relative/friend/workmate/carer who has a device they could’ve lent you for the day.
by Spargo
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Attendance 17,038.

Not bad really considering the way attendance was discouraged including by making it very difficult for those without smartphones.

Forgetting the crowd figure, the smartphone excuse is a cop out. If you are in the minority of football supporters & don’t have one, you would have to have a relative/friend/workmate/carer who has a device they could’ve lent you for the day.
I suspect that a printout of the QR code would work as well as a smartphone.

The sting is gone out of this game. Woodville ought to be burying the chooks at this point.
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

chim1.png
by Wedgie
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

If they do go as supporters we have every right to be spewing .If they are only interested in money then all the talk about loving the club is rubbish and if they want to be money hungry then we will lose them.Secondly where are the Eagles getting all this money from, with allegedly a lower salary cap

The (West Torrens) Woodville Pizza Bar... under the counter
by bulldogproud
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

I think Thommo wants to invest in up and coming players, rather than spend too much money on players with 1 or 2 years left in them..............that's if they don't break down.
The very reason why Butcher went.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We had 4 players resign today that are TRUE CLUBMEN not money hungry like these two players that arent team first .They can both nick off
by southernbulldog
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally think there has been a massive over reaction to the players leaving especially on social media.

Everyone throwing out the money line, off course that is what people have heard when its 99.9% guaranteed they heard it from within the club. It's not like Granty or anyone from the club is going to admit maybe the players were big fans of Andrews and left because of his sacking. That would just add fuel to the fire. Not like club officials would come out and say we are million miles away from a premiership and Dan in particular sees it as a last chance to win one, what message would that send.

Ultimately the guys have decided to leave, maybe it was the money. Given their injury woes you couldn't blame Granty if he wanted both of them to take a significant pay cut. I heard fairly different and that a few ex Centrals boys at North Clare tried to get the Menzel but Dan wasn't interested as he has a goal to coach at the highest level AFL, that opportunity had been taken away from him at Centrals.....apparently.

Either way its probably a win/win. They never really offered as much on-field as the club would have hoped for. They both have all the talent in the world and are a couple of genuine SANFL level players which we are a bit short of but far too often they would drift in and out of games amongst continuously returning from one form of an injury or another. The Dogs need consistency from their 'elite' players both from being on the park and in performance especially given its a young squad.

Eagles have picked up two potentially damaging footballers. They wont be as concerned about depth issues and provided the boys can be fit and firing come finals they will see it as a win.

The fans need to move on immediately and look at who that will now provide opportunities for. Thommo was honest in his Q&A which included not guaranteeing the Menzel boys would be with us but it also included saying that recruiting wasn't over as yet. The impression I got was there is a couple of recruits in the pipework's pending AFL draft.

Lets wait to the dust is settled and we have a full ins/outs list before getting the knives out albeit the squad looks slightly weaker than last years not taking into account natural improvement of the youngsters.
by whufc
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

I can understand fine - people who are being paid to do something are (supposed to be) professionals. DP people I would imagine are not being paid, so are not professional. If you want people to "get professional", they need to be paid.

From a personal point of view, the only DP commentator that grinds my gears is Peter Walsh, and he arguably should be the most "professional" of the lot.
by spell_check
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

In whole I dont have any issues with DP. It is so much better than we have ever had. I think every year it has slightly improve. I can go to a match and watch replay at my leisure. Congratulations to all that give up their time to make it is also a fundraiser for each club. The commentary has never been an issue to me.
All I can say if you dont like it dont use it and stop trolling.
by goddy11
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bartley Hotel

Late call at around 6:30 Saturday night to go out for a feed, off we head.

We went to the new Mosaic to give that a go, no good, booked out. Called the Woodville, booked out. Called the Admiral, yep. Said to Mrs and Miss, "The Bartley?". Sure. "Hey Google, call the Bartley Tavern"

Yeah, can we get in for 3 people?

LOL, yeah, that won't be a problem.

Should have been alarm bells.

Roll into the car park around 6:50, it's empty. Bar some around the back for the sports bar / pokies, the place is dead. Go into the bistro, of the 100 odd chairs in there 4 have arses on them. Should have been alarm bells.

Miss went the beef burger, stodgy, gristley, might have been made with the burger binding powder stuff. She ate 20% of the burger itself, most of the bun and salad.

Mrs went the "half" beef schnitzel, dry inside, oily outside, chips under the schnitty, salad looked like it was yesterdays. Ate probably half of it.

I went the "full" slow roasted pork, it was roast pork, but not as you know it, I got two lumps of meat about the size of your fist, not sliced neatly, just two big chunks. Roast spuds, over done, roast carrot, under done, bowl of salad ( WTF? ) covered in vinaigrette that was 80% vinegar and 20% grette. Couldn't be eaten.

Service - 4/10, young chick would have killed to be anywhere else.
Food - 1/10, it was shit.
Over all rating - Don't go there.
by Booney
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:Should have tried your luck at Pirate Life....guest food trucks were back and first up was a Low and Slow BBQ.

DOOF DOOF DOOF

Sorry mate, what was that?

DOOF DOOF DOOF

Rude bucks?

DOOF DOOF DOOF
by Booney
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Hefty fines need to be introduced for people breaking quarantine rules, dumb ignorant people are actually making the current system look like a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has somebody broken quarantine "rules"? Not sure you can fine anyone for breaking "rules"

We should get rid of all "rules", everyone will be alot happier, nobody will be bitchin about people not folllowing rules.
I cant believe some people still think this thing is real, think of it this way, its just the flu rebranded. How can you think it’s not real? Thousands of people have been impacted by this in some way (death,sickness etc) and its people like you that show no regard for the health and safety of others that are making h this worse!
Yes it may be “the flu” rebranded, but we currently don’t have the measures in place to combat this virus like we do with the flu (vaccines, shots etc) so it’s not as harmless as what you think the flu may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ABSOLUTE BOMBSHELL : Just published study finds Invermectin more effective than any of the experimental vaccines in preventing Covid infections.
https://medicalpressopenaccess.com/.../1605709669_1007.pdf
This is huge.
Months ago Australian Professor Tom Borody told the world that Ivermectin was super effective against Covid. Then our health bureaucrats went after him and silenced him.
This study looked at ‘IVERCAR’ which was a combination of Carageenan and
ivermectin
Carrageenans are naturally occurring extracts from the Rhodophyceas seaweed. They are commonly used as thickening agents in the food industry with FDA approval for this indication.
Now look at the results of this study;
‘’A total of 1,195 health care workers were recruited from 4 major hospitals in Argentina ..... 788 participants received IVERCAR and PPEs, while the remaining 407 simply adhered to standard PPEs.
RESULTS :
‘’The overall infection rate in health care workers recruited for this study was 20% with 237 testing positive for CoVid 19 during the 3 month study recruitment.
‘’Of those infected, all patients were from the comparator group of using PPE alone. This represented an overall infection rate of 58.2% ( 237 of 407) in the PPE group.
‘’No patients of the 788 treated with IVERCAR tested positive for CoVid 19 during the study.’’
That’s not a misprint - out of the 407 hospital workers that used PPE only - 58.2% became infected with Covid.
And in comparison, of the 788 hospital workers that took Ivermectin - there was not a single Covid infection - 0%, zero, none, zip. Incredible. Not even the experimental mRNA vaccines are reporting such results.
How many lives and how much economic destruction could have been avoided, if only our Health Bureaucrats looked at the evidence and listened to Professor Borody, instead of shutting down free speech and open debate and hounding him into silence.

The Australian studies were retracted and the Argentinian study is yet to be published or peer reviewed.

Looks like its been published to me

In which peer-reviewed medical journal?
by Q.
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.

Checking into a restaurant on Saturday night as a patron was leaving. The staff asked if he'd signed in as he was paying his bill, he said he hadn't as he didn't want "them knowing where I've been". I politely advised him his EFTPOS transaction would be enough for "them to know where he'd been".

Stupid is is stupid does.
by Booney
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.

Checking into a restaurant on Saturday night as a patron was leaving. The staff asked if he'd signed in as he was paying his bill, he said he hadn't as he didn't want "them knowing where I've been". I politely advised him his EFTPOS transaction would be enough for "them to know where he'd been".

Stupid is is stupid does.

Exactly. I know someone who won't use Google maps on their phone. But uses it for everything else. I mean everything. Makes no sense.
Just remembered I forgot to sign in to bentleys Saturday night. Walked in with the kids to find someone they know
So they could sit down, then went straight to the front bar. Completely forgot. Lucky I used my card so "they" know.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |