Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

I do not normally like to rag on umpires but the young tall lad umpiring the A Grade at the Noarlunga v Reynella game yesterday was some of the worst umpiring I have ever seen!! The other two did a good job but the young lad was totally inept and seemed to be overwhelmed by the occasion. Surely he cannot do another A grade final this year.

You were obviously at the game I watched .

Certainly were some interesting decisions paid by said umpire, almost got Reynella back into the game at one point!

He was umpiring with two good experienced umpires and I am sure that they will pass on that umpiring is done well, when you are not noticed. In finals umpires please let the boys play.

Great crowd to watch the game at Aldinga.

I do believe the GOD FATHER at the Shoe has a big job to do at the tribunal this week. You might have to find a horses head if you are unsuccessful.
by Thumbs Up
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like a good crowd down at Dingy today....couldn't believe how big the crowd at HV last night for the C grade GF, reckon there was at least 1500 there, great night.

https://scontent.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/14142017_10208874944763871_6654758928163196674_n.jpg?oh=5eac5edf575b655bbac980c226e897bd&oe=587C51CB

Yes Dutchy it was a great night (winners are grinners) and that comes from someone who is totally against playing the C grade GF on a Saturday night. I know it's done for money but to play a Sunday comp main game of the year on a Sat. night is ridiculous. A lot of these guys play Sunday because they can't play Saturday. A good few of them are more mature age and have difficulty seeing the ball under lights and very few of them would ever train under lights. I'll also add that the HV lights are adequate, but not good enough. Most spectators struggled to identify players on the other side of the ground to where they were situated. The lack of a microphone for the formal presentations is a further black mark.
Now for the positives.
Despite the loop hole in the governing rules, both clubs played teams according to the "spirit" of the rules (unlike one of the eliminated finalists) . This is a great credit to both clubs and deserves recognition. The game itself was good quality and exciting; again a credit to both clubs. Most of all in was played with what a lot of us don't see often enough, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. This is a trade mark of the C grade and something that appears to lack in a lot of the other grades. In closing my sincere gratulations and kudos to the Reynella Football Club and their supporters for their attendance throughout the presentations, their applause and excellent demeanour. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP is not dead ................ at least in the SFL C grade!
The photo proves it . The runner is spending to much time on the ground.
by Thumbs Up
Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's not forget the Shoes runner spending half the game on the field and getting physically involved in the tussle late in the game! That is not on and very poorly umpired, runners/water boys or any officials should not physically touch players from the opposition!
He should be the one missing the rest of the year!!!

The Shoes runner is a serial offender at staying on the ground too long but you know what if you can get away.with it and the umpires arent smart enough to pick up on it then good luck to you.

But grabbing a.player is totally and utterly unacceptable and he should be at the very least spoken too by the SFL.
When did a RUNNER last win a game of football off his own boot?
by Thumbs Up
Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to a more evenly contested spread of games this weekend.

Absolute Cracker B, and A GRADE …...Shoes vs Flaggy - Wish I could get to this one, will be worth a watch - Shoe's by a goal in A grade, Flaggy by 2 goal in B grade….. & Shoeboy to play down A grade premiership favouritism post game :)

Good luck to all!

Would think Noarlunga would be pretty pissed if they don't win the flag this year, spent a fair bit of money.

Old Man Emu why would Noarlunga be pissed off this year if they dont win the flag with your assumption that they have spent a fair bit of money? How would you know? Clubs are allowed to spend up to the salary cap limits, and i would have no idea like you if Noarlunga even do that. Maybe the Shoes will be just be pissed off if they dont win the flag as they have put themselves in a very strong position. Maybe worry about Morphett Vale winning a few games this year hey.
by Thumbs Up
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And the other 5 were highly paid guns :-)

The 5 are N Schutz getting close to his 10 years at the Shoe , K Opperman 3rd year at the Shoe and then the new lads T Milera, J Thewlis and J Brown who are all great lads and we welcome them and their family to ours .

Hey Shoe Boy I think K Opperman played in the Shoes 2014 Premiership so that would make this his sixth year at the club.
by Thumbs Up
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |