Search found 32 matches

Return

Lou Reed passes on

Lou Reed has passed on at 71. Shouldn't be surprised really but still a bit of a shock. A ground breaker with the Velvet Underground and Godfather to the punk movement. RIP Lou,
http://pleasekillme.com/lou-reed-velvet ... ead-at-71/
by Leaping Lindner
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the best South Australian Song of all time??

Is Icehouse (Flowers) and Adelaide band? Not a fan of their later stuff but I love the song 'Icehouse'. Noticed a lot of Cold Chisel hate on this site as well. Now if it's Barnsey solo I can understand that but nothing wrong with Chisel.

regards,

REB

Icehouse (Flowers) were formed in Sydney and Iva Davies is a born and bred New South Welshman.

Personally I'll pass on Chisel thanks, but you probably guessed that.. ;) :lol:
by Leaping Lindner
Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Picked up the 20th anniversary 2cd set of In Utero and am playing for the first time in what would be years. It's funny that with all the hype over the years about Nirvana and Cobain's early death etc. I'd almost forgotten what a killer album this is.
by Leaping Lindner
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

shoe boy wrote:Tonys mate Pyne at it again!!! If he has his way kids will be singing "god save the queen" before class! :evil:

Cool! 8) And the line "no future for you" would be quite apt. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU
by Leaping Lindner
Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Serious question. How do the LNP voters on this forum feel about the Great Barrier Reef being damaged or old growth forests in Tasmania no longer protected. Forget ideology or whatever is THIS what you were voting for, and what you thought would happen?
by Leaping Lindner
Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear Tony,

LOVE your work. Keep it going.

Lots of Love

Gina
by Leaping Lindner
Wed May 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Used to like it but don't care if I never heard it again

I never, ever want to hear ANYONE sing "Hallelujah" ever again. Even John Cale.

ENOUGH already :twisted:
by Leaping Lindner
Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:

There was some great bands in the riot grrl era but these girls were the best in my opinion.
by Leaping Lindner
Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gozu and Failed Creation if you like Riot Grrl stuff, check these girls out. I've booked them a few times and they go off live.
by Leaping Lindner
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Andrew Bolt - is he a credible journalist?

But,,,,hang on...you've got to remember....oh. forget it.

blot.jpg
by Leaping Lindner
Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A trained former KGB agent with a black belt in Judo. Yeah, good luck Tone :twisted:
by Leaping Lindner
Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blot (sic) is so outraged by Whitlam that he is now going to pay for his University Education....... :twisted:
by Leaping Lindner
Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Triple J's Hottest 100

If Taylor Swift had a more whiny voice and lived in Northcote she'd be on high rotation at Nova....oops I mean Dribble J.
by Leaping Lindner
Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Booney wrote:From today we can assume nobody will ever smuggle drugs again then, yes?

Yep. It's a miracle. Praise the Lord!!!

http://theunaustralian.net/2015/04/29/e ... n-problem/
by Leaping Lindner
Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:There's no evidence that wind farms cause adverse effects in humans. This was recently addressed this year in a comprehensive Australian study.

It does however cause adverse effects to humans bank balances who bankroll the Libs.
by Leaping Lindner
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ebert statue

Great to see Russell Ebert immortalised alongside his friend Barrie Robran. Both champions on and off the field.

I personally don't have a problem with Blight being next. Consider this....

The first player to get the Magarey/ Brownlow medal double
The only player to get the Farmer/ Coleman medal double (and kick a 100 in a season in both comps)
Captained both SA and Victoria

Throw in coaching two Crows flags and it's a lay down misere.
by Leaping Lindner
Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miranda Devine, News Limited's favorite other looney right whinger,got owned big time today ....
miranda devine.jpg
by Leaping Lindner
Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There are a lot of my friends thinking of leaving SA.

I never thought I'd leave Adelaide, but left in 1995 to move to Melbourne. Now I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. To me it's like Adelaide but bigger and with more to do :D The only real pain about Melbourne is the traffic, but that's why you have trams.
I visit Perth occasionally due to the in laws being there. Nice place to visit but too many rednecks for this old punk. Brisbane....pass for similiar reasons. And Sydney is best summed up by TISM in this ......... :lol: :lol: (Also we got rid of Kennett ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjU6DAcWAjU
by Leaping Lindner
Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now he is defending George Pell. Stick a fork in this clown......he's done.
by Leaping Lindner
Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's another reason this Government is a laughing stock......
Dutton.png
by Leaping Lindner
Mon May 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The pigeons of Sturt have spoken!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PYNE.png
by Leaping Lindner
Mon May 09, 2016 1:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shameless self promotion here. After years of being a fan I am now managing this band. Valentiine. If you like grungy rock with a 90's feel. You'll love them as much as I do. I'm sure I bore them silly with "war stories" from my rock and roll experiences in the late 80's and early 90's when they were all babys :lol: .Hoping to get them over to Adelaide later in the year. ROCK AND ROLL ROAD TRIP!!! 8)

?v=94ufcNuzkb0
by Leaping Lindner
Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm voting for whoever is against same sex marriage. After all having morals found in something written 2,000 years ago is a great way to live your life in this day and age. Especially when it was bastardised 1,600 years later when most people still thought the earth was flat.
I also expect Bernadi, Abbott etc to go after shellfish eaters, people who wear garments from mixed fabric and sow different seeds on their properties with the same zeal. Also owning slaves from a neighboring country would be sweet. :P
by Leaping Lindner
Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Derryn ******* Hinch.

The electorate has made a man a senator when he has never voted, and used his position to actively encourage others to vote informal.
Hinch is proud he has never voted, and has encouraged others not to. Irony much? Someone willing and eager to benefit from a system in which he has never participated is at best self-serving (not, as he has duped his followers, community-serving); at worst narcissistic, seeing himself as above the law. Which of course he does do, having intentionally flouted it - and the rights of others - and been imprisoned for it. Let's not forget his contempt of court conviction was for jeopardising the trial of the bastard who raped and killed Jill Meagher, not, as he's convinced his followers, for exposing peadophiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxO_F281iw

" But one thing I cannot take is Derryn ******* Hinch." :lol:
by Leaping Lindner
Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd forgotten about that.

I was more thinking this: 'I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the **** is this garbage?' And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.' - Nick Cave.

I'll upset some, plenty in fact, Nick Cave can't call anyone's music garbage.

Yes he can. Anyone who had a role in the Birthday Party can. And with RHCP he is spot on. Radio friendly alternative musak.
by Leaping Lindner
Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Triple J

They should move it to April 1st. With what Triple J play these days that would be more appropriate ;) :D
by Leaping Lindner
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

Dazed and Confused - The most overated piece of crap I have ever seen. It simply made NO sense.
Anything with Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell in it. Piss off you wankers! :twisted:
by Leaping Lindner
Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THE EXPLODING WHITE MICE ARE BACK!!!

Whatever you have planned for 12th October change it. The Exploding White Mice are back for one night only. The Mice (as they were known) were one of Adelaide's finest bands in the 80's and 90's and killed live. I saw these guys live more times than I care to admit and they were fantastic.
I'm honestly don't know what their future plans are as far as more gigs go so this may well be the one and only chance you get to see them live. You have been warned!!! 8)

https://adelaidefilmfestival.org/sessions/15568

ABTOs9aiQjc
by Leaping Lindner
Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NAFC History Tour for History Festival

After the success of last year I will again be conducting a bus tour during History Festival that takes in the early days of the North Adelaide Football Club.
North moved to Prospect Oval in 1922 and this tour will take in sites relevant to the club's history from 1881 (when the Medindie team started) to 1921.

Hope to see lots of not just North lovers but football history lovers there!

https://historyfestival.sa.gov.au/content/nafcs-early-history-bus
by Leaping Lindner
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated bands/artists/songs/albums

The heading pretty much explains it all.

Off the top of my head, here's a handful of my picks.

Bands/Artists: Pink, Cold Chisel, Foo Fighters (post- There Is Nothing Left To Lose , apart from Wasting Light ), Coldplay, Birds of Tokyo, Parkway Drive (I only like one song), Ed Sheeran (although I respect his work), Kiss, Bon Jovi, Wolfmother, The Doors, Grinspoon (post- Easy ).

The two waitresses in my local cafe were banging on about Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters the other day. They asked me what I thought of him. I replied "I saw Dave Grohl when he was in a real band!" :D :D :D
by Leaping Lindner
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated bands/artists/songs/albums

Nick Cave. Not a bad musician or songwriter per se, but I just don't get why so many people go absolutely bananas over this guy.

Dogwatcher

*sit back and relax*

I get why people might not like Nick Cave.
But...he is Australia's greatest living poet and an amazing live performer.
The epitome of the rock n roll survivalist.

Paul Kelly might have a decent claim on that tag...

Kelly is a great poet but Nick Cave took on the world and won. I must admit I am not a "massive" fan of the Bad Seeds era ( its about 50/50 split for mine) but i'll forever defend him due to him and (four other blokes) giving the world this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5I2vEcVC_I&list=RDl5I2vEcVC_I&t=33
by Leaping Lindner
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |