Search found 216 matches

Return

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Hate to miss finals by 1pt because one club has gone from having 3 teams to apparently not enough for 1.

Very easy system to manipulate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah was thinking the exact same - big boy nobes wont be happy one less game to kick 100 goals - would have probably kicked 10 against Pulteney
I'm more annoyed we don't get to heckle Whinnen for 2 hours 8)
by S Demon
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

The Bedge wrote:Did I hurt your feeling SD? :lol:

A little bit
by S Demon
Sat May 14, 2022 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

I'm baffled that a player gets restricted to play UP a grade in any event
by S Demon
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:lots of things you did back in the day that kids don't do anymore, like shower together :lol:

I still do it, unfortunately it gets a little squashy jamming three people into the cubicles. 8)

Jamming 3 people in a cubicle should be easy for this generation..
by S Demon
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Positions 2023

HOPE VALLEY FOOTBALL CLUB est. 1906
COACHING POSITION AVAILABLE for Season 2023
DIV 3 RESERVES

The Hope Valley Football Club is seeking the services of a Div 3 Reserves Coach in the Adelaide Football League for season 2023. The successful applicant will work closely with the senior coaching group and playing group to prepare and develop players to play A Grade football. This is an exciting opportunity to join a club on the rise

Both playing and non-playing coaching roles will be considered.

Please submit your application including a cover letter, playing experience, coaching experience and any references to Neil Shurven nshurven@da.com.au

All applications will be treated confidentially

Applications close Friday 14th October 2022
by S Demon
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

hollywood7477 wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Good win to the Valleys

Nobes not playing this week!!!

Shit, he must have a twin brother then that kicked 6 today :shock:
by S Demon
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tough day for hope valley on past players & sponsors day getting smashed in all 3 grades - would have been a nice size crowd there I would have thought? Very surprised pembroke only winning by 3 goals to gaza. Popped out to watch Unley play they look like a quality outfit.
Yep Modbury far too good for HV in all 3 x grades. Was a huge day for the club, I estimated at least 1000 people in attendance. You couldn't get a park anywhere in the club and surrounding streets. It was shoulder to shoulder the whole way along the bitumen area in front of the clubrooms right around to the cricket nets. Bar and canteen takings were off the charts. At least the women's team had a win to finish the night off!

Our Past Players Day record has been poor against teams we are supposed to beat so we figured why not do it for a blockbuster local derby and whatever happens, happens? Our B's and C's were always going to be up against it, but I thought the A grade might have been a bit closer. If someone offered us a 6-1 start in Div 3 after not being in this division for 28 years, we would take that and run in a heartbeat. It's an exciting division to be a part of and we've got another 2 tough opponents coming up to finish the front 9

Let's look on the brightside, it's probably the first time in a long time it hasn't rained on past players day! 8) Looking forward to the return game at Modbury
by S Demon
Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

woodublieve12 wrote:just saw the footage from inside the changerooms after the Havens win on the ADFL Facebook page. I have to say, the lighting seems sufficient.

Not sure the home rooms were ever the issue with that..
by S Demon
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

Forba01 wrote:
whufc wrote:
beef wrote:Any tribunal outcomes from last night?
Apparently Mike Tyson was up for a nibble on a opponent

From Brahama......or was it the Brahma player who was bitten.

Brahma player was hungry

Maybe no BBQ contributed to this..
by S Demon
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

any reports from Greenacres / St pauls game - very UNRELIABLE source says plenty of red cards
15 yellows in the B grade last quarter I heard.. umpire went little loopy.
Wouldn't the game get called off if there's less than 14 on the field for either side..?
Was 7 for one side, 8 for the other over the course of the quarter.

I heard at no stage during the last quarter could anyone from either sides bench come on coz they were serving their 10min yellow.. so must've just been every few minutes or something someone went off.

I heard in the end the two umpires had an argument with each other, one told the other to settle down, if he kept going he would lost complete control of the game.
A Timekeeper's and Team Manager's worst nightmare by the sounds of it..
by S Demon
Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

I found it strange the equalisation policy was optional for finals. I think players should be able to play up a grade if they’ve played the 5 club games instead of requiring an exemption / permit - this might at least help with sides who have less players to “top up”.

On umpire coaches - I thought most finals had a coach present? Was comms last week that was going to be the case?

That rule is very fluid. I think the SANFL will let you if you are short of numbers but not if you are full/close to full. The reasoning is pretty simple - they don't want you stacking your side with better players from underneath , and usual players (usually 'weaker') get pushed out or spend less time on the ground.

I agree with the rule.

We've had a few games where the umpires had a mentor present, but only the minority.
You only have to look at the U15 Div 4 results from Rd 14 between HV & FP and the Qualifying Final the following week to see what a difference 5 x U14 Div 2 players can make to a Div 4 U15 side...
by S Demon
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Footy Chick wrote:Not sure if anyone else has seen the Update today, but the Big Cheese must've had some time up his sleeve with his "what can happen in rd 18" segment.

He must have skimmed over the battle for 3rd,4th & 5th between 4 x clubs in Div 3 though.. :lol:
by S Demon
Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Unley on the weekend. Too good for us. We had some good moments in the 2nd quarter, but other than that Unley controlled the game. Finishing 4th in our first year in Div 3 since 1995 is something the boys should be proud of. We build from here..

It's a shame, I selfishly would have loved a Modbury v Hope Valley Prelim at somewhere like Campbelltown Oval. Would have been a HUGE crowd there. Oh well, wasn't to be!

Good luck to the remaining 3 teams. Tough to pick a premier. Modbury have been the best side all year so you'd think they will get it done this week. But if Unley bring the heat like they did on saturday, who knows. Flinders Park are humming along nicely and have hit their straps at the right time of the year. Any of the remaining 3 teams winning the flag wouldn't be a shock. All very good on their day. I'll go Modbury by 9pts this week in what should be a ripper of a game
by S Demon
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Sticks28 wrote:
harambe1 wrote:anyone know if this ended up being looked at?
https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p1320 ... 02m8324650
56:15

That's got to be weeks surely.

How the umpire didn't think it was a yellow card at a minimum is staggering
by S Demon
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

New Sharks so far for 2024...

Daimon Head (Coach) Westies reserves 2023 coach

Matty Broadbent (former junior)
Chris Hall (200 game SANFL player)
Nic Couroupis (former junior from West)
Bailey Chamberlain (West)

Harris Jessen returning is rumoured as he didn't play this year
And Kane Sherlock. Heard they’ve changed their name to Henley Bloods and will wear Red and Black jumpers in Round 7
by S Demon
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |