Search found 312 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Cheers jetters! Possibly you have some knowledge of exercise physiology, fitness and conditioning and that's the reason for your opinion. Personally I think a guy who plays amateur footy isn't overly interested in an accurate account of conditioning, strength and conditioning. More than likely they wanna get in a gym, lift weights get bigger and look good in a tshirt..... And good on em for that reason. Therefore any gym set up in a footy club is functional. The lads at our club use the gym, feel confident and strong and they take that confidence onto the field. Probably a little off base was your comment.
by superboot7
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Some nice little digs at CLG there morrell, I personally think slacks, and shoes looks very professional, as the football director of a division 5 club, the difference I see between div 1 and 2 clubs and clubs in div 6, besides the talent obviously, is the professionalism in those clubs. We are striving to get up to those grades, so why not follow them and dress professionally? it also looks good to potential players, sponsors, junior parents etc that clubs are lifting there game and creating an environment they want to be around....maybe mitchell park should try it ;)
by scottroo
Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Footy Chick wrote:That's what I said, I think they should stay in div 4 and not go to div 5 but then you look at their B grade from last year....

I think he was alluding to them staying in d3 and going into D4 next year... if they happen to get relegated
by woodublieve12
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think this is a bit hard to cop with Brahma Lodge electing to stay down. In my opinion the club had built its successful years based upon recruiting players from other clubs with there money and having a couple of successful seasons.

Did the club recruit guys who would stay around the club in the long haul or just jump ship when more money was offered?

Did the club build a culture where the players want to stay at the club no matter what money was thrown around by others?

Now Brahma Lodge are in the same position of many other clubs in the area who don't have the money to pay the same amount as Brahma had done in the past and are asking to stay down?

Is it a right to have a successful season each year or do you have to take the pain to make the successful seasons feel better.

I think Brahma should be made to stay up and feel the pain that a lot of other clubs have felt in the past.
by The Informer
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This all sounds a bit bullshit to me. Part of building a club is doing so sustainably.
BL should get the pros and cons of what they (appear to) have built, they have enjoyed a few years of great success, if they haven't developed a loyal playing group in that time then that's unfortunate.
Take the good with the bad.
by Jetters
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

S Demon wrote:I was 31 when I coached our C grade premiership

To old for this forum mate ;)
by woodublieve12
Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Makes absolutely no sense.
If BL have enough for 2 sides they should not go down to Div 5.
Effectively they have gone from Div 3 to Div 5.
I hope there are no red faces come August/September at Thebby at least we know 2 that won't.

Agree with this. Its been ok the last couple of years for Abahma's to spend and recruit from other clubs and soon as they get hit they cry to the league who give them what they want. How about doing it tough like other clubs have in the past and are currently. They get 2 sides together they should be where they are meant to be and not in Div5.
by Arch44
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's easy to argue for them to stay in D4 because it's within the rules to not accept promotion.

This decision is going to be slightly more unpalatable.
by Q.
Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Face Book is such a bad place to post things

by Robb_Stark
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

I am looking forward to the end of season piss up already
by Johno6
Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Div 3 - They made their bed, let them lie in it.

Glenunga a few years ago were losing by 40 goals in both divs (with some players having to play two games, just to ensure both teams played), they dropped divs and were relegated regularly and rebuilt. Teams shouldn't be gifted a way around a few years of pain just to allow them to rebuild quicker
Bit rich coming from a team who has been gifted promotion?
Should it be more about having competitive games in each division rather than punishing a club because they are struggling?
by Mr Beefy
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

S Demon wrote:
nicole wrote:come on Demon Duke enlighten us all on the big name players Havens have lined up , all we know is there are two from Hope Valley that are interested .

Yep. They will arrive on their flying pigs :^o

As a rule of thumb SD Nicoles comments are usually ignored, reply at your own peril.
by Boosh
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Hey guys, Anzac Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday twice every 7 years on average (as it will next year) and winter sport across all codes will be played morning, noon and night like it does every Saturday or Sunday so don't get too carried away with this before Midday stuff just because Anzac Day falls on a weekday. There is a law that prevents paid entertainment occurring before midday on Anzac Day but only if that event involves any form of pre-event ticket sales, hence why SANFL and AFL will not play before midday including any curtain raisers. But if junior basketball, netball or hockey games are played at stadiums that require paid entry that is OK because it's only pay as you enter rather than being able to buying a ticket in advance. You will find that the RSL fully endorses junior sport being played on Anzac Day morning because they believe that going to war was to protect the freedom of our nations children and grand-children.
by Down the Hill
Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst I hate to see any club go under, the idea of rewarding poor management of any club with a red letter day at the Adelaide Oval is counterintuitive. If we want to promote amateur league "grass roots footy" as a legitimate part of the Aussie Rules landscape then the showcasing should be of the teams/clubs who are doing it right, ie building a club, a culture and a philosophy, not just squandering cash chasing premiership cups.
I agree with the notion of under 18's as curtain raisers or similar, but really, The Aldinga Sharks vs Kilburn? It just makes a mockery. It's a bit like the freakshow concept, it might make people want to have a look but does it do anything to reduce stigma? - nope. It's just sending a message that the SAAFL is just for the old, or incompetent. Not a message I would've thought we'd want to send.
by BigB
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Q. wrote:
Flipper wrote:Can someone find out some details on this Harvey (CLG). Size, strengths, weaknesses?

His one true weakness is champagne glasses. His Achilles heel, or kryptonite you might say.

A real pain in his bum.
by Footy Chick
Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Matty Apos playing his 300th game for the Glenunga Football Club this weekend! Great achievement and a great man to have around the club, what a legend!
by ramming23
Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S Demon wrote:
Hefty wrote:I see the HV president ain't too impressed with his own B grade for not helping out their C grade on Satdee?? Maybe the sandbaggers in their D grade could've put their hand up??

Must be hard being the coach of the only side that lost to HV on the weeknd?

Correct
by Hefty
Mon May 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

% of 56? Must be sandbagging...
by Trader
Mon May 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its a bit of a tricky situation and not ideal at the moment, but here's the facts:

The D grade coach approached the committee towards the end of last year and asked if he could put together a D grade side with a bunch of mates who mostly either haven't played for a few years or were currently playing lower level football at other clubs. The committee agreed that we should go down this path to increase the number of patrons at the club, as well as put us on par with the surrounding strong N/E clubs who all have 4-5 teams (TTG, Modbury, GG). They also had a sponsor already on board to buy them new jumpers

A side effect to having a new D grade is that our traditionally competitive C grade has been elevated into a very strong Div 8 competition. To further add to it, at least 12 regular C graders from the last 2-3 years decided late into the summer to hang the boots up for a number of different reasons. Something that Im sure other clubs can attest to this year. Add to that a large number of injuries in all grades, and the depth of our club has been tested. In hindsight, we could have put the D grade side (who have all come together to play) as the C grade side at the start of the year and the results for the C grade might be slightly different. Although I am fairly certain however that with the players GG had running around in their C grade on saturday, they probably would have beaten the D grade side we fielded and most likely even our B grade.

We thought with a number of kids coming up this year, the C grade side would still fill a competitive side. Another 2 x key C grade players took off overseas recently (returning soon) so the core group from 2013 is basically non existent and something we didn't see coming. The side will improve after the bye with any luck and hopefully so will their results.

I definitely wouldn't say the D grade are sandbagging. If we pick the best 25 and then the rest play D grade, we run the risk of most or all of those blokes that came to play together being split up and then not playing at all and losing our D grade side completely, stuffing around Div 8R and adding another bye to the fixture as well copping any financial penalties from the league.

We took a punt on getting up a D grade side which has brought at least 40 new blokes into the club (and let me tell you, those boys don't mind spending a bit over the bar and easily outnumbered GG players in their clubrooms after both games were finished) so from that perspective it has been a success. Not many of them train consistently either, whereas the C grade boys do train and warrant their spot. Just because there is some talent in the D grade, doesn't mean they should be playing C grade. A bloke who trains twice a week should be picked before someone who doesn't train at all, regardless of ability. #17 for example in your C grade would walk into most A grade midfield's at any club in any division. But he works and can't train. He's getting a gig before other blokes who might be training two nights a week and still playing D grade. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I'm not involved at GG and it has nothing to do with me

This whole D grade venture has been a learning experience for us and we having ongoing discussions about what to do in 2015 if we continue to have a D grade side. We will look at all options, including having this group all play together in the C grade. But then I'm sure Hefty you will still complain about them sandbagging in that grade too, because there is probably at least 5 x players who could play A grade if they were committed and actually wanted to play a higher level. I don't think we're the only club in SA who has some talent playing lower grade football

These issues are almost identical to what North Haven has faced since starting a D Grade. We seem to have got the balance write this year and hopefully it can be maintained. Being similar sized clubs that predominately play in divisions 4 and 5, it is interesting how our lower grades are following a similar pattern.
We decided to move to four sides the season after our C Grades played in the GF against each other and our Cs have struggled in that grade but have improved significantly since that season and are a far better side then they were that season.
Make of that what you will but I think you will find a similar result if you stick at it.
by Boosh
Mon May 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:Hyperbole weakens your argument. The lads I play with are no more 'finely tuned athletes' than those playing in Henley's C grade.

Some of the lads you play with are getting paid more than those in Henley's C grade though...

Doesn't make them any more athletic though ;)
by Q.
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think players should only be allowed to be cleared once in a season.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

superlative steve wrote:
The_Informer wrote:4

What about if a player has been injured all year ?

What if you were stranded on a deserted island whilst trying to save the extinction of a rare sea urchin?
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good game at Gepps today glad to take the points. Much respect to the Gepps people for the respect that was shown to us.

For Sam Williams to kick our last 3 goals and effectively win us the game is probably beyond comprehension.

Respect.
by bandar
Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bandar wrote:Good game at Gepps today glad to take the points. Much respect to the Gepps people for the respect that was shown to us.

For Sam Williams to kick our last 3 goals and effectively win us the game is probably beyond comprehension.

Respect.

by zedman
Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that's what I am talking about............................... :D
by Demon Juke
Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S Demon wrote:
Neverwasgood wrote:Aggressive little man.... Like your d grade buddies!

Yep and like you I never was good either

You were always good for a cheap goal SD ;)
by Q.
Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rosies came to play today! Both grades amazing pressure and intensity, they wanted it more and duly got the reward.

In the B grade the pressure and tackling from Rosewater was incredible, their tackles stuck and they made them count, by a long way the toughest game the Ingle Farm B grade have played in a few years - had a finals like intensity about it. To be honest it was like playing a mirror image of ourselves.. We went to war today with Rosies, and football was the winner .. Look forward to meeting them in the finals, should be a beeeeeeauty..
Incorrect. Rosies were the winners
Yeah that too :lol: :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S Demon wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Hefty wrote:What's the deck at Hope Valley looking like?? Last I heard not too many patches of green......

so just the norm there then ;)

Yeah, but it still faces the right way... ;)

ours does, it's everyone else who has it wrong...

Thought of you HV lads last week, we had ladies day... not to bad thanks
by woodublieve12
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Severly unfair on the bgraders who have to play at 9am
by marbles
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As I said I feel for your C grade guys because they are the ones doing it tough - I would guess thier coach is doing the ring around each Thursday night to get enough guys to fill that side - do you guys pick your D grade first???

We could go on and on about this but its a decision your club has made and fair play to you - nothing outside the rules at all. I said it in earlier posts it is also a decision that could hurt you, pretty sure (but could definately be wrong) but guys who play B grade will not be allowed to drop back 2 grades in finals to play D grade if they happen to miss out on finals - I notived you had guys double up and play C grade on the weekend so numbers may be an issue at present?? I noticed FC said that she had a lot of injuries in the A and B grade to attend to on the weekend - are any of your D grade guys going to push up and cover these injuries because from what I saw there isnt many in the C grade that would be able to. Having A, B and D grade in the finals will hurt the bottom side and I wouldnt want to go into a finals game against the likes of PAC without a full bench because those guys will run you off your feet.

Don't worry Tex, HV are happy to play with 18 in the D's. Anyone outside their top dozen or so are just space fillers anyway.

With Jones feeding the likes of Schreier , Kuhar , and Fowler in the middle who then deliver to Steele and Aldenhoven , they'll be fine. Throw in Clay , Hellmanns , Robinson and Scott and I'm sure their sandbagging will pay off.
You forgot Dunstall and Morrisson, they go alright. But they probably weren't named in the best players where you looked

I reckon Jimmy would be one of the best players going around in that team, but good luck getting him to play higher. He never really seemed that interest in footy after Juniors. I'd rather have him playing D grade than not at all...

Where did Steele come from? That kid is a gun. Had a run against your boys a couple of weeks ago and he was the difference...
by Haynzy
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As I said I feel for your C grade guys because they are the ones doing it tough - I would guess thier coach is doing the ring around each Thursday night to get enough guys to fill that side - do you guys pick your D grade first???

We could go on and on about this but its a decision your club has made and fair play to you - nothing outside the rules at all. I said it in earlier posts it is also a decision that could hurt you, pretty sure (but could definately be wrong) but guys who play B grade will not be allowed to drop back 2 grades in finals to play D grade if they happen to miss out on finals - I notived you had guys double up and play C grade on the weekend so numbers may be an issue at present?? I noticed FC said that she had a lot of injuries in the A and B grade to attend to on the weekend - are any of your D grade guys going to push up and cover these injuries because from what I saw there isnt many in the C grade that would be able to. Having A, B and D grade in the finals will hurt the bottom side and I wouldnt want to go into a finals game against the likes of PAC without a full bench because those guys will run you off your feet.

Don't worry Tex, HV are happy to play with 18 in the D's. Anyone outside their top dozen or so are just space fillers anyway.

With Jones feeding the likes of Schreier , Kuhar , and Fowler in the middle who then deliver to Steele and Aldenhoven , they'll be fine. Throw in Clay , Hellmanns , Robinson and Scott and I'm sure their sandbagging will pay off.

I think the inevitable Hope Valley v PAC GF should be a cracker (those two are light years ahead of third which is any of the next 5 teams on their day).

Not sure if Hope Valley (or any other D Grade, or for that matter, some A Grades in the SAAFL) have the ability to shut down Dent and Bilyk when they're up and about. And that's assuming Waltham doesn't come up for the 8R finals as well!

Saw they kicked 22 goals between them on Satdee. In saying that, Simmons did kick 20 off his own boot for us :lol:

Both are guns. The difference being it's much harder to criticize PAC with the form of their A's, B's and C's!
by jo172
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

There's a false assumption here that the commitment of D7 A-graders is markedly different from D7 C-graders.
by Q.
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you can't cough up $5 to a couple times a year to support other clubs fundraising some cash then you're a clown.

You don't get much change from a $5 note when buying a bottle of coke from a servo.

Telling clubs to budget in finals? Maybe budget in $10 a year to enter finals venues.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Best & Fairest winners

So obviously Havens don't include finals in votes.

Mind blown.
by Q.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rosewater won the A's and Lockleys the B's.

Just looked at their team and Rossies are 2 players off their best. With A's and B's in the big dance the train from earlier in the season is gunna be super hard to stop. Start worrying Hounds. :D

Lol. Alot more grand final experience in the hounds team to worry about rosewater.

Love you boys Hounds. Put us all out of our misery and win this big game and prove that club love beats $$$$$$ every time. The ball is in your court and we are relying on you. :D :D
by Yank Man
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Big difference between lodge and kilburn... Kilburn picked the hard road and Lodge took the easy way...
by woodublieve12
Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

The_Informer wrote:Just a question, but when the league sees the clearances going in will they look at keeping them in 5 or where they should be?

Who's going to tell Blackfriars or Rosewater?

Maybe they can take Salisbury West's spot in Div 3 or Kilburn's in Div 4 :p
by jo172
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Loves to talk footy....

Aloisi, 3 clubs in less than 2 years.

That kind of player would not be wanted and definitely not paid a cent at a 'successful' club.

If you pay him a $ (after he and players like him abandoned you when you needed them most.... actually isn't Aloisi also abandoning SW in a similar situation??) you are a bunch of fools.

You admit youve got it wrong in the past, but your way of fixing it is by doing the same thing again??
by Jetters
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did the league just ring you blokes up one day and say do you want to go down 2 grades or did you ask them?
by The Informer
Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What ever happened to the principle of seeking a flag and getting promotion? If you're in the comp you're in it to win it, surely? If you make the GF you should go up. If you can't go up because you don't have numbers or the cash (the latter would suggest you might be trading insolvent), should you have any choice other than to fold for the season, get yer act together, and start off again at Div 7. That's incentive enough to either make it work or make a tough call.
IMO (and I am not arrogant enough to think this is the only way to look at it) spend the money on developing a culture and a feeder source. Juniors, or linking with local schools to develope a good relationship, or both, is where the focus should be, not throwing money at flags and blowing your reputation. Yes, it is inevitable that some inducements need to be made, especially as you climb into higher grades, but within your means and with eyes on next year and beyond. Premierships are only worth winning if they build your club history and culture, not if they send you broke.
by BigB
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

so the question is what happen at hope valley last night and did they vote to go into div 3 or stay in div 4 ??????

come on footy chick spill

Buggered if I know, I"m not at Hope Valley anymore.

I couldn't see them voting to go up though, FWIW.

Why would any club not want to play as higher division as possible?? As most know, it is pretty hard to make a grand final and go up a division (just ask golden grove), so when it is handed to you on a plate why not take it? Your club may not be in a position to challenge or play finals in the higher division, but still it is worth a shot.

Seems to be the culture of the Ammos, success against weaker clubs is seen as more meritorious than competing against stronger clubs.

Never trust, believe or have any confidence in someone who uses generalised, blanket statements in response to diverse, dynamic and often complex issues.
by jo172
Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your self injection of excellence is always a pleasure to witness

The div 4 contenders for the 2015 div 4 flag, are all refusing to go to div 3 cos they want an easy year and play finals without their players having to do any form of high octane gut running 4-quarter football

Therefore now the saafl or whoever are asking the non-contenders of div 4, to take up a year in div 3. So you tell me who would benefit the most

Or is everyone a big chicken shit and no one can handle the extreme quality of football in div 3

Wow its soooo scary up there, cant do that we are all weaklings, compared to div 3 clubs

Omg peoples raise the bar a bit. Get your football club to the top of the tree and deal with the requirements of being there

Mate we've been up there as a Div 3 club for three years, we never asked to come down, we never bitched, or whined, or moaned, as it it was the division we were supposed to be in. We competed as best we could during that time, just like every club we played. We enjoyed the challenge of Division 3, as we had in the two previous spells our club had there. I will reiterate, we took the option approximately eight years ago to say in Div 3 after being relegated, when Edwardstown defected to the SFL. I played through that season where we won one game, for the second season in a row, where were beaten by 20+ goals eight times, and finished the season in a worse cultural and financial state than 12 months prior. We're not making the same mistake twice. This year again, we won one game, one, against Kilburn, plus a forfeit. Not beating any of the top eight sides in the other sixteen rounds meant we were relegated and are now a Division 4 club, until we either finish bottom two or top two again. It's not rocket science.

The fact that you know who the top sides in Division 4 are going to be in the December prior to the season, means you should be a quality punter.

I will take offence when my club is called chicken shit, as this situation is not our responsibility/fault/problem. It's Salisbury West's fault, and they need to lie in the bed they have made for themselves, as Kilburn did in 2014. Eastern Park, Salisbury, Pooraka, Hope Valley, Hectorville, Kenilworth, Glenunga, North Haven and Westminster OS shouldn't have to potentially cause their club damage because another club has had issues with their own affairs.
by Pag
Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard last night Kenikworth have picked up a couple of Plympton's good players. Can't remember the names to save my life. One was Alistair I think and he had played at Glenelg

If it is the 2 i am thinking of, they both played reserves at Plympton and one of them is Alaistair (he played about 3 A grade games)
by DTH43
Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not just the playing side of things, clubs should organically grow to that level so that every aspect of the club is building not just a playing list of 21 blokes.

The team that finished 3rd last year could handle it but looks like Eastern Park have lost a few players so I understand their reasons.

I can tell you our reasons. We've had three seasons in Div 3 of seven wins, five wins, and last year two against Kilburn, which in any other Div 3 season would've been a winless season. We have 0 clearances in so far, so the improvements needed to go from 0 genuine Division 3 wins to the 5-6 needed to stave off relegation aren't quite visible at the minute. We played in a GF in 2011, went up and had a crack, have dropped off each year as guys have retired/left, and are now back at a Division 4 level, which is our rightful level as it stands. Guys who played through all three of these losing seaons (myself included) are excited about the prospect of being more competitive this year and spirits are higher. As horrible as it is, our bar takings across the three years in Div 3 dropped each year as the wins dropped off. That's reality. We need to be in a competition where we can be competitive so we can survive on-and-off field. We also had a crack at this opportunity nearly 10 years ago when Edwardstown left, it didn't work, we won one game and were relegated.

We are not risking a sustainable on and off-field future for our footy club because another club couldn't sort their own out.
by Pag
Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not just the playing side of things, clubs should organically grow to that level so that every aspect of the club is building not just a playing list of 21 blokes.

The team that finished 3rd last year could handle it but looks like Eastern Park have lost a few players so I understand their reasons.
by Boosh
Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

but considering the SAAFL keeping using CGraders to keep their bottom placed Agrade clubs alive in div 7, they consequently see a falling participation rate where CGraders cant be f##ked playing AGraders and as youve seen in the last 1.5 years the league has lost dgrade sides from

Broadview
TTG
Sacred Heart
Flinders Park
Salisbury (didnt face agraders)
and now possibly henley

the SAAFL structure must be changed cos its pushing players away and in business when customers are walking away, youve got a problem

That would make sense, except for:

ROCS
TTG
PNU
PACOC (up to a 5th and 6th side)
Hope Valley
Old Ignatians
Unley

all expanding sides in the past 12 months.
by jo172
Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Arch44 wrote:Got a feeling Wingies will get the signatures sorted tonight, free keg and bbq for those that sign up should do the trick.

Does make you feel a bit concerned as to their ability to be able to field 42 blokes in the depths of July if that's what it takes
by jo172
Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Wonderboy going around again?

Na, Warby is planning to move to Sydney with his girlfriend in the next month or two, which is a shame as he played some great footy last year.
I was only talking about him the other day with one of our former captains who used to tag him. He still has nightmares about him! Used to kill us everytime

My nightmares are little more recent
by Boosh
Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |