Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: PDCA

black armbands should be worn in every game across the association... even other associations aswell this weekend
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Dogwatcher wrote:Mitchy has been in Beast Mode all season.
Has a nice rivalry going with your Furnell, too ;)

furnell is a spud... bowls pies he gets smashed in the nets!
by Sonofbrowny25
Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well said MOTO. Port Districts are the most threatening in my eyes, when you put Paul Duffman in any side it changes things dramatically. did make a double ton a few years ago in a final. one to watch!

some ridiculous efforts over the weekend.
Hanson 200* - pooraka
L. Adcock batted 107 overs for 167* - fulham
Fox 9/36 + 3 fa - old scotch
C3 brahma lodge 8/460 / Sibbick 250rtno

would someone care to explain why sibbick is playing C3 cricket? his club are looking at relegation from A3 a bloke of his ability surely should be playing in that team?
Hear hear on Sibbick....best player at the lodge by a mile. Sandbagging

The bloke is getting on now. We all agree by far the best at the club still but when he plays a grade he can't do it like he use to and it's his choice. You only get 1 spell out of him now and by the 50-60 over mark he starts to struggle. It's not his job anyone to keep the a grade up it's on the players that are there now to get the job done which we can't do. There is a massive jump between the 2 grades. And he smashes it down there but when he comes up he makes nothing
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Zartan wrote:Lehmann wasting no time - gone bang bang and raced to 25 (13)

*edit* - kiss of death, out for 25 off 15 balls.

SA 4/103.

Dalton 27no

great to see an opener who is working hard and facing alot of deliveries for once
by Sonofbrowny25
Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footy now completed for 99% of people. cricket is back!

any trial games or hitouts before round 1?

Thank god it's back!

I'm not sure whether true or not but I've heard whispers out of Northern Districts that they are going to have a trial with Pooraka within the next 3 weeks or so. Would be a fascinating game albeit a trial.

id have money on pooraka
by Sonofbrowny25
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps I didn't look very closely, but did any find the cricket results in the paper on Sunday?

Looking online, a few interesting results around the place.

Para Hills already have the win on the board in both A1 and B1.

Modbury's A3 side piled on the runs with a whopping 378 on the back of Alex Wood's 180

Adelaide Lutheran (B1) made a good start with J Borgas hitting 86 to get them to 253.

In B2 Gaza look strong again, with the win on day 1, and Hope Valley managed 9/369.

Trinity a grade made 9/342 against SHOC, Brad Cameron hitting 108 and our b grade (also against SHOC) ended up 7/394. 2 guys hitting their first hundreds with 119 and 131
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fair effort from brahma lodg to defend 47 on the weekend against the top side!

bowled iggies out for 46 after they were 3/30
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

SA plans surely set 350 to win ?

head going well and ferg is in some serious form right now!

my question is if the aussies were to drop someone like a handscomb who would come in? maxwell would be first in line?

as i write this head is out.....
by Sonofbrowny25
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All grades nice and close up top! Congrats
To all teams moving up. What’s the finals predictions and thoughts on the season itself.

Para hills vs walkerville / para hills I think too strong
Pooraka vs PAOC / pooraka won’t lose

Ingle farm vs woodys / ingle farm made 290 against them but batting might hinder this one.. calling an upset and woodys winning
Scotch vs unley/ scotch my choice all year

Trinity vs gepps cross /trinity
Iggies vs grove / grove to bowl first and win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Sonofbrowny25
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:Maybe Golden Grove and Old Iggies will progress and the semi final winner will miss out. Unlucky!

maybe saturday morning before driving to trinity they play a super over.
by Sonofbrowny25
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Read that Rogers is not captaining next year at the bulls. Whose taking over? Hanson would be first choice I would think but with a young family he might not be up for it. Would Rocco be next ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they tell you that during your interview? :lol:

surely not, 3 Clubs = Club Slut :lol:

2 clubs that's all it will stay at executive member, Brown just trying to get a bite.
by Sonofbrowny25
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

when they were in the PDCA sandy Creek by far! that ground was always good and the white fence just made is better.
by Sonofbrowny25
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

The vision is pretty ordinary. I'd be staggered if nothing comes from at least one of the incidents.

Coincidence that it’s Trinity who again, seem to be the ‘victims’ again. League should look to put those flogs on AAA purely based on their unsportsmanlike approach to the game with clubs who are on one.

You are taking the p*ss with this comment surely? The bloke hit him with a flying knee while Carl’s head was over the ball! That VICTIM has a broken jaw and lost teeth.. definately Carls fault.
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Trinity the most undeserving premiers ever.

Or the footy gods are at work.

It’s a no from me

Why ? because they recorded a game and an incident or 4 were caught. They won fair and square last week and outplayed rosewater this week. Pull your head in. If it was your club you wouldn’t be saying this.... good on rosewater for going up after the adversity they faced from Previous years. unlucky they were knocked off at the final hurdle. stop talking smack about a club you might not like. If you don’t like them keep your opinion to yourself and don’t put a perception out there, it’s not fair on the players or club on what they achieved.
by Sonofbrowny25
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

We are 4 down in the 44th over.... START SWINGING!!!!! this batting is beyond frustrating
You read my mind! :lol:

Sooo frustrating to watch.

they were not even looking to go until that last over. when you are going at 50% Strike rate you need to either hit out or get out! 2 blokes that are known to swing at anything when we are 4/30 don't want to at 4/190
by Sonofbrowny25
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Matthew Wade could be trying for our All rounder spot .
by Sonofbrowny25
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:A3, Gepps Cross V Brahma Lodge,

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

Wonder what happened there?

yelled out hows your shoulder or something, when the ball was in the air, Bloke dropped a soda and the captain spoke to the umps about it.
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

I only said Carey because he is assumed to be next in line. I would even consider Nevill

Carey is 100% next in line. one thing the Aussie team does well is back their keeper. Carey will be in his prime when he comes into the side and then it will be up to the next group to refine their trade before taking over.
by Sonofbrowny25
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

B grade district isn’t even the level of the top 4 of A2 atca!
by Sonofbrowny25
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time for dratstic action, a red X need to be put thru mcinerney and, smith for starters, lehmann doesnt deserve his spot either and it looks like ferg and cooper have had their day, time to lure some talent from interstate, tasmania won a couple of shields based on recruiting players from nsw who couldnt crack their shield side, time for us to do the same, local talent is extremely thin in the batting stakes, not sure siddons is earning his keep either

Keep Ferg.
Cooper, Smith done now i suspect
McInerney gets another year.
Lehmann has had a bad year but he has been consistent in previous years so i think he gets a pass on this one,
Davis looks good
Neilsen Stays
Weatherald needs to go back to his old ways
Dalton should open next year
Jake Winter is a strange one, he should have had more opportunity
Pope Stays
Andrews stays
Nick Winter, Dan Worrell, Chad Sayers all fine.
Zampa, head, Carey all Aussie players so stay
Mennie almost done
Richo i think is done as a 4 day player but i still rate him.
Valente shouldn't play 4 cricket next year
by Sonofbrowny25
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should be a very interesting count for the A1 Cricketer of the Year, Wednesday night. I think the winner could poll as low as 12 votes and I reckon there could be a blanket finish. I'm tipping Nathan Fox from Old Scotch to take it out with 12 votes.

I think it could be a 2 horse race between Hanson and Sykes, both have had great years!

Duffett the a2 winner, with w. stanborough and Kyle adcock not far behind!

A3 is the most open by far.. Hassan from Concordia, the most consistent. But could be a tie between 5 blokes on 8-10 votes. An even competition.

Umpires vote really weird so it will be interesting to see what happens with it.
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A1 final round is going to be interesting with 4th spot still there for 6 points covering 4-7th.
by Sonofbrowny25
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

weather gods helping with some pitches today. think any game that gets away will be green tops and doing plenty.
by Sonofbrowny25
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

I can see Conway leaving as well, comes over to play more State cricket and has hardly played. we have gone from no bowling options to now having a few.
by Sonofbrowny25
Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a few low scores from the weekend!

Marion being rolled for 114 but game is the balance if a couple of quick wickets happen.
Hope Valley also getting run through was a surprise.
Goodwood you would think have enough now but were in serious trouble at one stage.

Ingle farm were 6/35 at one point but got to 130. TOS 3/50 now and fighting back from 3/15ish

Para Hills went very large but definitely not of reach for Pooraka. Jye and Hanso will score big.
by Sonofbrowny25
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |