Search found more than 1076 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Cheers jetters! Possibly you have some knowledge of exercise physiology, fitness and conditioning and that's the reason for your opinion. Personally I think a guy who plays amateur footy isn't overly interested in an accurate account of conditioning, strength and conditioning. More than likely they wanna get in a gym, lift weights get bigger and look good in a tshirt..... And good on em for that reason. Therefore any gym set up in a footy club is functional. The lads at our club use the gym, feel confident and strong and they take that confidence onto the field. Probably a little off base was your comment.
by superboot7
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Hey everyone, welcome to my list of...

*drumroll*

morell's Football Myths!

1. You play the way you train.
2. Pre-seasons are really important in amateur football.
3. Stretching achieves anything, ever.
4. Every club pays players.
5. Getting to a game early allows for a superior preperation.
6. Business slacks make you a more professional and disciplined club.

I could not disagree with you more on most of these points. If this is the attitude of most of the people at MP, then no wonder you languish between D6 and 7.
I think you do play the way you train. Training at high intensity for the skills used on the weekend are of much more use than just going for a kick and a catch, or pissing around not giving a fu^k. You won't improve unless you push yourself at training.

Pre-seasons are really important in my opinion even at amateur level, it brings everyone together earlier, uniting the group, and like my point above, if you push yourself to get something out of it, you will get beneficial results. There is a huge difference in fitness and attitude between the clubs I know who start training in November, and the ones who start training in January. You may say that most players will keep themselves in good shape, but this is unrealistic; I think you'd get a couple per side that would actually do this, especially to the same standard as pre-season training.

I'm no doctor or physical well being expert, but in my case stretching is important to my performance on the track and recovery. I'm not the most flexible bloke going around, so it may not be critical for everyone.

Getting to a game earlier does allow for superior preparation. At least from my own experience anyway, in terms of getting into the right frame of mind, getting a feel for the footy, strapping/massage, etc. Even in my summer sport of gaelic footy which isn't taken as seriously, and is less strict on report time, I know that in general, the earluier I get there, the more prepared I am to perform at my best.

Maybe not every club pays players, but a majority would these days I'd reckon.

And on the whole slacks debate, I don't know whether it would actually make you perform better on any given day, but it does represent a buy in by the group, and a uniform approach. I have played for sides which do and do not enforce the policy. I don't really mind either way, but it requires little effort and organization, and does make for a more professional looking playing group than guys rocking up in trackies and ugg boots. It might even signify to some players to take their preparation more seriously and professionally. In my experience, you can tell the guys who don't buy into the group culture, and aren't on the same page as the rest of the group, as they are the one's who manage to 'forget' or 'misplace' parts of it each week, or are too lazy to buy a $10 pair of slacks from K-mart.
I don't see why you're so against it. It seems like you're arguing against it just for the sake of it.
by lutz
Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey everyone, welcome to my list of...

*drumroll*

morell's Football Myths!

1. You play the way you train.
2. Pre-seasons are really important in amateur football.
3. Stretching achieves anything, ever.
4. Every club pays players.
5. Getting to a game early allows for a superior preperation.
6. Business slacks make you a more professional and disciplined club.

This has clearly been done to death morell, BUT,

1. You DO play the way you train, over the season and not week by week.
2. Pre-seasons are critical in amatuer footy. To build the bond and unite the group. Not trash em.
3. Stretching is EVERYTHING at amatuer league level, it dramatically improves recovery before a night on the piss.
4. Most clubs pay a handful of players, that's why they progress.
5. Professional clubs encourage A grade players to get to the oval early to support the B's. Thus improving preparation.
6. Club attire is a 50/50. For me, most of the class of 2011/12 at MP were plumbers, electricians, concreters, mechanics, brikkies, laborers etc, etc. More than half of them worked for themselves so getting dolled up to go to the footy and play Saturday was like going to a wedding or funeral for them. So all I asked was to wear a club top and dress like you liked yourself. They all dressed to the nines for club functions I might say, and that was their choice as a group. Tells you something about a premiership team I guess. :)
by Yank Man
Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morell, I agree with some of your comments, but fitness, regardless of what division you are playing in, is surely the most important asset any footballer can have. There is no point having all of the skill and ability in the world, if you cant get your hands on the footy.
Lets take for example, two opponents, of equal weight, height, strength and talent. One can run 15 laps in good time at training, the other can get around the oval say 3 times before he needs a breather. These two guys line up on each other on a Saturday, and there are 15 contests, 1 on 1, with the ball about 30 metres away. How many times do you think the bloke with supreme fitness is going to get his hands on the ball first and pump it long. Not to mention his delivery will be much better because he isn't so spent by the time he gets the footy, and his decision making will be better because his mind is clear, and not asking himself how am I going to get my next breath. Just my opinion.
by citycoaster17
Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we talk normally now?
Here's something to get our minds off the dribble written the past few pages

My Pre Season Predictions

1. Rosewater
2. Fitzroy
3. West Croydon
4. Blackfriars
5. Mawson Lakes

6. Lockleys
7. Mitchell Park
8. Adelaide University
9. Ingle Farm
10. Angle Vale

Leading Goalkicker: Chris McLean (Fitzroy)
Medallist: Travis Uern (Mawson Lakes)

PLEASE Discuss............
sorry captain serious... :lol:
by woodublieve12
Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure just yet. There are rumours circulating which personally speaking I have yet to verify.
Why wouldn't Harro be going on again?
Not sure mate! I haven't spoken to him yet, just rumours at this stage. Apparently off to Christies Beach where he has connections though his better half.

That would be 2 clubs looking for a coach in November. St Kilda and MP. :) Surely morell that would put the club in a precarious position where most clubs are ready for pre-season? Very sad if true. A large percentage of MP's players are there because of him, if they go with him that would be back to the drawing board. :(
by Yank Man
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

good, now shut up
by Q.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't believe that players in div 7 are getting paid well over a hundred a game. Where is footy heading,surely you can attract players to your club without offering ridiculous money.will be bloody cold training in the middle of winter at this club
You have to be joking? There is no way any players in Div7 should be getting paid at all let alone over a hundred bucks. What type of club would do this?

People wonder why clubs fade away and die!

This would have to be a joke?

OR this could be the way the club is able to work its way up the Divisions, which is after all what all SAAFL clubs are trying to do. Maybe this club has exhausted all avenues in recruiting and has decided to fork out some coin to attract players that are going to help them win a flag, or at least make the GF so they can be promoted.

If its within your means to pay players why not use it to your advantage. You just want to make sure you recruit/pay the right type of player who supports the club off the field as much as he does on.
by Fricky
Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

D6...D7...what's the difference. You can't be telling me that nobody is getting coin at Mawson Lakes.
Guess we know what club it is now, all good mate, no differences between any grade is there!

Small difference, maybe you guys just spend a bit more.

When in D6, we initially created a small and manageable budget in the effort of retaining our best players who were getting irrefusable offers from other clubs. The budget has been retained each year and used as seen fit by the Executive Committee and footballing personnel.

Are your concerns alleviated?
by Q.
Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I wouldn't think Harry highpants would go anywhere else to play!
by Footy Chick
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Why didn't you train?

Probably a poor attempt at a deflection away from the fact doghouse is a player :lol:
by valleys07
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Is this official yet?
Only three left from last year sounds dire. If it happens, the travel factor suits us too. Bloody Mitcham.

Nothing in concrete yet, but its only a matter of time.
Just for those who aren't fully aware, below is a list of our GF team, those highlighted in RED have not returned this year.

2.B. Aldridge - retired?
44 T. Aloisi - Sedan
28 M. Bates
18 J. Clark-Rantasa - Gepps?
7 J. Clark-Rantasa -Gepps?
11 S. Cosenza
19 S. Craven
15 B. Gatto - Eastern Park
14 D. Grgurovic
13 A. Harvey - Padthaway (or somewhere around there)
29 A. Hennigs
3 D. Hickey
23 D. Huitema - Eastern Park
8 M. Leigh
6 S. Mansell
37 B. Marshall
51 B. McMullen
32 L. Nelson
1 B. Paterson - who cares ;) KIDDING - Whyalla
45 T. Payne - Bute
10 D. Savage
* 17 D. Steele - Sedan

Help fill in the gaps here...

How many games did most of these guys play for BL? The club needs to look at who it is recruiting otherwise it will just happen again. If you offer $ to the wrong type of players they will innevitably leave for more $ elsewhere. I feel for more for the teams they played against last year - they battled against BL all year for the right to go up, BL won the right then didnt take up the option. That being said noone likes seeing a team lose by 30 goals every week either.
by WOS Dragons
Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

I think 24 is too young. Definitely for A grade, may handle it in B grade with the right support.

The issue is not understanding of the game, it is being able to manage people and for an A grade coach being the figure head of a club.

If the young coach has had experience in their professional lives in teaching/coaching/leadership roles they may be equipped to do it.

Having said that, most coaches no matter their age are rubbish, have little idea about coaching and are just loud passionate supporters .
I really hope you are a coach & are just taking the p!ss.

Nah, he would be serious!

Doesn't matter how good, how young, how old or how bad your coach is if you never listen ;)

IMO Good coaching has nothing to do with age and everything to do with - management, people/communication skills PLUS the ability to formulate a plan and deliver it. You can be 19 or 69 if your good at those things you can be a successful coach. Hayden Bunton Jnr coached Norwood at 19 from 1958 to 1960 playing Finals in 2 of those 3 seasons.
by Darth Demon
Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

nicole wrote:Can anyone from Bramah Lodge comment on the rumors , that you have lost so many players, that you have asked the league if you can stay down in A4 this year.

In other breaking news, Kurt Cobain was found dead at his Seattle at home in what appeared to be a suicide...
by S Demon
Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

This old chestnut again... Sigh...
Mitch is an outstanding leader of men and has a fantastic football brain. He has been in the SANFL system for years and has been able to build on solid foundations of professionalism and skills laid by previous coaches. I have no doubt that he will be a strong coach this year, particularly with the trust that he has in the team around him.

Let's just nip this in the bud now... S Demon, the 'big purse' insinuation is an insult to Mitch and my club. To date, we will be playing with a total of 5 out of a possible 15 points. We have worked hard on recruiting the right player/person for our team and it has meant that the overwhelming number of players are there for the right reasons, and that does not equate to money. TTG has never, and will never, be a club that can afford to attract players based purely on money, and nor would we want to. Next time, before throwing out loose allegations and innuendo, feel free to contact me or someone else at the club who actually knows what goes on.
Sorry if I insulted you or your club after suggesting some quality recruits are most likely being paid good money at TTG. I forgot that in the age of country clubs offering huge cash to anyone with a pulse, that players of such high quality consider other things such as a clubs junior set up. I'm sure it makes mention of it in their contracts as a deal breaker

If I contacted you, you would openly tell me about your recruits and how you got them to TTG?
You wouldn't, because it's none of my business. So don't kid yourself

Perhaps you could cut and paste your post into an email and send it to all your players so there's no more loose allegations or innuendo flung around..
by S Demon
Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

If they cant field two teams they should be put in one team grade.
by the joker
Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Nichdanmatt wrote:Anyone want to show there final ladder ,here is mine for what it is worth.golden grove 1,eastern park 2,pooraka 3,Salisbury west 4,woodville south 5,kenilworth 6,hope valley 7,glenunga 8,pulteney 9,hectorville 10.

So if you think Glenunga wont win a game how do you have them 8th? :roll:
by Footy Follower
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Senior clubs aren't successful because junior comps are unfair ;)
by Q.
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mawson Lakes and Pooraka have the same postcode the league should have made them merge ........... regardless of what club you are how much cash you got some of these clubs are just to near eachother and should be forced to merge

Greenacres and gepps cross
Pooraka and mawson lakes
smithfield and elizabeth
north pines and salisbury west

these are just a few i can think of and while people will get there knickers in a knot the future of the game is more important then any of your clubs

this may the most ridiculous thing i have ever read... "Hey phos/edwarstown/morphies/kenilworth wanna merge with us, we aren't struggling for players and we have done ok the last couple of years, but why not?"....
the history of my club is far to important to throw away because of some clubs struggling.
Please...

the history of the club is so much more important then the game ......do you even do your research before you post i mentioned all north teams cause we all with in a stones throw of each other i can drive for 5-15 minutes and get to 6 other clubs i go an extra 5 minutes on that another 3 clubs clearly you know nothing of the north

Woodville and West Torrens merged they still have the history of both clubs
and if pooraka had to merge with mawson lakes to survive then so be it the history still follows where ever pooraka goes

Brompton say Hi!
Torrensville United say Hi!
Magill Royal say Hi!
Kensington Gardens say Hi!
Clarendon say Hi!
Woodville Royal say Hi!
Greek say Hi!
Stirling say Hi!
Riverside say Hi!
Semaphore Park say Hi!
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have a junior from our club, went to Port, and is now at Port District, with no other connections that I can see.

We would have on average 10 a year in that boat mate, the sooner Port Adelaide lose thier juniors the better it will be for the Port Adelaide area.
We have lost around six to Broadview through Nth Adelaide connection this year out of our U15 side.
Now we have 12 on the track and look like not having a side.
One side gone.
It's bullshit.

This is one of the reasons why the SANFL is dying. The clubs have this whole high and mighty attitude that we are merely feeder clubs to them. We encourage our best talent out to them and get nothing in return.

What they do not wish to accept is that a premiership for Rostrevor, or Reynella, or Uraidla, or Barossa Districts means no less to those clubs than an SANFL premiership does to Norwood, or an AFL premiership does to Hawthorn. Our existance does not revolve around providing players to our zoned club :evil:
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:It would be a shame to see BOS drop off because they are a quality side and have been for a number of years. I know the games against us in the past were beauties. Really enjoyed the build up to the game and also the game itself. One of the big rivalries in the SAAFL.

Best bee hive in the business
by The Ash Man
Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:from the bounce..

http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/News/pd ... l_2014.pdf

the guy who wrote the piece on rosewater in the div 6 write up must be on crack..how can you get it that wrong? finger on the pulse..

I just read that, very odd indeed.
by Mr Beefy
Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ouch!

......the B Grade lost by 37 goals
We will learn from this week and keep working hard on the track to improve as the season goes on. We fielded and will continue to field a young side with some senior heads. Looking to the future if these kids can stay together for a few seasons they will have success. Positive for the club is that we fielded to full teams which as of a month ago looked unlikely.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
by Bigshow82
Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My heart goes out to Flinders Park, clearly struggling with ther C grade in 7R.. Oh dear hope they get more than 20 on the track or could be a long season.. :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cooper from West Croydon.
by Demon Juke
Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great catch wrote:We only wanna take it week by week no point getting ahead of ourself, there's no point being cocky, yes we have a good side but we train very hard to get to we're we wanna be!!

;)
by woodublieve12
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But seriously, it would be a massive choke if Smiffies didn't win.
by Q.
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

P.G we took a mate down to kilburn who had never played football we watched him train with there group and we counted 15 players trainning now our mate who is crap at football decided he didnt want to play cause some of the people out there just as bad as him
Do you ever go to your own training sessions? :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All good here Zedman. I was just responding to why they would wanna leave a good club culture that has the talent and plays regularly in grand finals. Thats all.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blah blah, you and few others make too many assumptions about what goes on at Rosies without knowing all the facts He is right in general though. Paying mercenaries results in short term success and long term pain.

If we had a $25k budget I would rather pay for 5 elite juniors, their mates and parents rather than 5 "gun" 25 yr olds.

Build the foundation from the bottom up and invest in juniors, in other words.
In general yes, however, the inferences that half a dozen "B graders" from other clubs who are now at Rosies are now mercenaries is ridiculous and insulting. Also the notion that we are somehow a financial powerhouse is also a fair way off the mark. Calm down matey. Hence why I said "in general". I know and understand Rosewater aren't like that, I meant the clubs previously mentioned - Kilburn, Brahma and North Haven.

Don't be so defensive!

And you know so much about Brahma Lodge and what we are like? Or do we put Mitchell Park in the same category since you blokes are struggling after players have left?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
by Bigshow82
Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

which comes back to some peoples point of why play at all on Anzac day if it isn't against a rival.

We were due to play the Lodge but now we're playing Glenunga, which sort of defeats the purpose but I guess it was out of our control. *no disrespect intended to the good people at Glenunga but lets face it, we don't really have any rivalry.

Anzac Day should be about great battles, which is why I"ve always been of the opinion that no one bar Port v Norwood should play in the SANFL.

One grand final does not a rivalry make....
What defines a rivalry then? Our relegation/promotion system makes rivalry very hard to come by doesn't it?
We had some great battles with Glenunga in the early/mid 90's and early 2000's. Let's not forget the epic battle at Hope Valley Oval a coupe of years ago where a few of the boys got closely acquainted with each other at half time in a very tight and hardly fought contest.

We were very keen to play Brahma this year had they stayed in Div 4 as we played them last year on the Thursday at their ground.
I think it's important to show our young players what ANZAC Day means to our country and to so many people. The fact that a lot of teams are playing on Friday is a good thing. Something we are able to do because of what so many others sacrificed in the past. We all have the chance to honour the men and women who have served our country by playing a sport we all love on a day we all cherish

I don't think it should be a day reserved only for special "rivalries" to play football. Everyone should be allowed to play, as long as the reason why they are playing is not lost on them
by S Demon
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

I think it's fantastic how clubs and local RSLs have been able to work together to make these games happen
Great for the whole community as well
by downspine
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division IV 2014

Round 3 Results

Crack Foxes 2019
Tongue of Fury 1953

Scros Swimmers 2233
FNQ Trotters 2082

Crawf's SuperSquad 2262
Holland's Hero's 2085

Duromine Dependent 2216
DA HEAT 2100

hairy Hobbits 2151
FoxInSox 1835

The Willies 2243
onegameatatimers 1894

thewonderelephants 2029
Nutkickers 1967

Adelaide Crows 2329
Daisy's Duds 2127

ZedForce 2230
Wigg Brothers 2207

Ladder

1 hairy Hobbits 3 0 6272 5661 110.79 12
2 The Willies 3 0 6652 6075 109.50 12
3 Duromine Dependent 3 0 6569 6293 104.39 12
4 Tongue of Fury 2 1 6315 5907 106.91 8
5 Crawf's SuperSquad 2 1 6533 6305 103.62 8
6 Adelaide Crows 2 1 6676 6506 102.61 8
7 ZedForce 2 1 6301 6320 99.70 8
8 Crack Foxes 2 1 5818 5873 99.06 8

9 Scros Swimmers 1 2 6416 6274 102.26 4
10 Wigg Brothers 1 2 6418 6398 100.31 4
11 onegameatatimers 1 2 6217 3640 170.80 4
12 FNQ Trotters 1 2 6283 6455 97.34 4
13 Daisy's Duds 1 2 6269 6467 96.94 4
14 DA HEAT 1 2 6385 6638 96.19 4
15 Nutkickers 1 2 5964 6218 95.92 4
16 thewonderelephants 1 2 5962 6275 95.01 4
17 Holland's Hero's 0 3 5930 6301 94.11 0
18 FoxInSox 0 3 5871 6545 89.70 0

The hairy Hobbits, Willies and Duromine Dependent are the only unbeaten sides in Hogg Division IV after three rounds. Of these sides only the Dependents had a tough match as they eased by the inconsistent HEAT. The Willies and the Hobbits had fairly soft matches and they duly saluted to continue to head up the table. Of these three The Willies have been extremely impressive and rank as one of the big improvers in the Hogg this season. This is Brod's best season so far and he is looking at a possible promotion this year.

Teams below the Willies that will have a big say about that include the number one ranked team in the Hogg, the Adelaide Crows who have rebounded strongly after an opening round loss and ZedForce who have been a good scorer most weeks this season. Some teams such as Daisy's Duds and FNQ Trotters have lost their way a bit in recent weeks and it's a bit of a mystery as to why it took Scros Swimmers three weeks to break their duck.

thewonderelephants won their first match of the season also to rise to 16th on the ladder but remain in the relegation zone along with Nutkickers, Holland's Hero's and FoxInSox who will need to pull them up in order to avoid a wooden implement added to the kitchen drawer.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, enough with the whinging PM's... here comes explanation.

I want everyone to go back and look though the last few pages. I've marked a few posts in red - and those are but a small example and not exhaustive by any means.

Now I'm not trying to pinpoint or make an example of anyone, I've done this simply to highlight the snideness that you all have been posting with over the last few days, not to mention PG who made me waste 10 minutes of my day deleting the bullshit he posted after his bender, plus other comments by other posters which I just couldn't keep on the boards.

My point is, is that if none of you can make your points without having to resort to cheap pot shots, either directly at another poster or at another club, then you won't have a thread to post in. There's a rule, it's called TROLLING and is punishable by banning. (No shit, I didn't make this up, ask admin :roll: ) I know they probably don't sound like pot shots to you when you write it but to the person/club it's aimed at, it is

What shits me most, is that some of you will blatantly take a pot shot and then come running to me when someone snipes them back.

I don't care how bloody passionate you are, if you can't stop and think "is what I write going to cause WWIII?, would I want someone to write this about my club?" then don't post it. It only makes you (and your club) look stupid. I think we're all capable of healthy discussion without this. There are many ways in which one can speak their minds without pissing people off. If someone finds one, please let me know ;)

Despite what you all think, I'm not here looking over you 24/7 - I can only do the best I can- but bugger me I'll go off if people start PMing me and having a go for not removing something., even though I removed something else. I'm not God, I don't see all.

Now when I decide to take the locks off this zoo, I'd like to see you all act like grown ups, which I know you all are - instead of childish little turds who have nothing better to do than abuse each other and make stupid and outlandish accusations on how much this person or team is getting paid. You can't prove it, so don't bother.

Div 6 is a bloody good comp this year, so let's focus on the positives, eh?

Any legitimate questions or concerns feel free to PM me, my door is always open.

Thanks
me xo
by Footy Chick
Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're being slightly alarmist. Yes, a couple of those margins are effin huge, but it's always been a case that the bottom teams get pumped by the top teams.
by Q.
Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

many thanks to ben and the BLFC for their efforts yesterday..we know they are struggling a bit atm but they presented in both grades and never stopped giving an effort and we respect that a lot..well done to groover for winning the anzac day medal for his club..bennett won the CLG medal..

Fantastic day put on by CLG, and easily the best team we have played this year.

Great day was mared by a few of us having $$$ taken out of bags in the changerooms. I hope those that took it need it far more than I / we did.

They definitely moved the ball alot swifter than any other team we have played so far. Game was played in good spirits and even though the result was one sided, I feel we could take some real positives out of the day.
As said above it was a pity that there was some valuables taken, but we can't go pointing fingers at anyone in particular as there seemed to be many people (from both sides/grades) that could have had access to our rooms at any stage.
Just reiterates the fact that any club should have someone looking after valuables (or dont bring them) if changerooms are accessible to anyone other than those that need it.

Apart from that, it was a really good day and CLG should be proud that on such a day they can bring so many people out to an amateur game of football, kudos goes to them.
by Groover
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regardless of if clubs have valuables bags or not, I think the underlying point is it is disappointing that someone would stoop to that level and that you can't have confidence in leaving your valuables in your own bag while you play.

In a perfect world perhaps....but in lieu of.....common-sense would be a shopping bag.....keys, wallets, watches,....locked in a car boot...keys in coaches pocket.....home or away... :)

I thought that was the norm and has been for some time. Smithfield had a numbered pouch made up so you didn't end up smoking someone else's pot.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can/Will Harvey kick 100 goals again this season?

When was the last time someone kicked 100 goals in back to back seasons?

To answer your question
Can he? Yes
Will he? More than likely

The real question is can he win the free carton of red tins on the channel 9 SAAFL facebook site for lucky player of the round?
by Groover
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groover wrote:The real question is can he win the free carton of red tins on the channel 9 SAAFL facebook site for lucky player of the round?

The real question to your real question is apart from @carey who wants to win a box of red tins? :vom:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I agree with The Riddler. But would have to mention Rosewater and Fitzroys.

Never liked Rosewaters not even sure why.

East/west. I have a thing with those too.
by Footy Chick
Fri May 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 7 DISCUSSION

What is the most players, who have either started as sub, or have been subbed out early, anybody has had in their team in one week.
Thus far this week i have 4, L.Mcdonald, S.Mitchell, A.Georgiou & B.Jack.
I left Billy Hartung on the bench thinking he would get less game time than B.Jack.
This thing is no Fun anymore.
I watch footy differently, and now 8 year old Moe junior is making better trades than Moe senior.
by Moe
Sun May 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go home to shower? Don't you blokes like getting nude with each other?
by test
Sun May 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mawson Lakes (7th) v Lockleys (5th)
Match of the round for me. Couple of interesting clashes between the top 4 sides this week, but with Fitzroy and Central United having matches they should win comfortably, it adds to the enormity of the outcome of this match.

Mawson Lakes a pre-season favourite amongst a lot of people have struggled so far - granted they have played the top sides - but they quickly need to turn it around. Travis Uern going down on the weekend will hurt them, hopefully he isnt far off a return.

Lockleys have struggled for consistency so far since losing a few of their better players over summer. They have an opportunity to consolidate their position in the 5 if they can win, and are a tougher unit at home, but should they lose, they will likely be leap frogged by Fitzroy and suddenly only be a game ahead of Lakes and Units.
You obsessed with Mawson Lakes or what??

Rosewater (1st) v Ingle Farm (2nd)......Pretty sure this is your Match of the Round :roll:
by The Riddler
Mon May 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't say they were unbeatable , but if the odds were juicy enough I'd have a tipple on them going through without dropping one.

It's all irrelevant. No-one is beating Rosewater. Unless they all get on a plane and crash into a mountain or something.

:shock: 8)
:lol: Nice work hidden one.
by Arch44
Mon May 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to the Smithfield Football Club.

On field they are a very well drilled running side.
They have class all over the ground.
There were a couple of incidents on field but the coaching staff handled it well!!!!

Off field the officials and players were quite friendly and appeard to be quite modest even after handing us a spanking!!!
Thanks for the post match beers guys!!!

Bit of a reality check for our lads!!! But im sure we have enough character to respond and move forward!!!!!
by tomo
Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our use of the ball was the best we played all year, instead of using our forwards to do all the work it left our onballers open and there the ones that done most of the scoring for us, was a great first quarter but after that we had to dig deap

You won by 200 points and you had to 'dig deep'? No ya didn't.
by Jetters
Mon May 19, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you think the game between Mawson Lakes and Fitzroy is going to be a important game to both sides as a win or loss to both sides could be the difference between fighting to stay in Div 6 or fight for a chance to play finals??

I wouldn't be going out on a limb suggesting that Fitzroy would be disappointed if they dropped this & it would be a blow to their finals aspirations (especially a double chance). I still think Fitzroy will find themselves well in the 5 before the season is out.
Looking at Mawson's form, the five is a long way away, but they should have more than enough to cover the bottom two teams & survive relegation.

If you have different opinions on possible outcomes for each team as a result of this game, go ahead and speculate!
I tell ya now though that if Mitchell Park were to somehow find a win. Things could heat up a bit for teams close to the bottom.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue May 20, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That makes Josh Hand's mullet look miniscule by comparison.
by Failed Creation
Mon May 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

good meals at the club attracts players
by Robb_Stark
Mon May 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:It's in strife because football is lower on the list of priorities for young males these days, not because of a minority getting a bit of coin.

Agreed!
by gadj1976
Mon May 26, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |