Search found 710 matches

Return

Re: Round 7 - Glenelg v Central @ Gliderol inc Post Match

Lots of sooking on Bulldogs Banter, love the comments about the Bays being soft.

The Bays won because they were harder at the ball.

Great endeavour by both sides though, pity skills went out the window.

Gowans boys were well lubricated in the bar after the game.
by dedja
Sun May 18, 2014 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Yes, the Australian electorate have just found that out the hard way ...
by dedja
Wed May 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood 2014

Or he could do a Hirdy and bring his club into disrepute, earn a years salary but still he allowed to associate with the club and attend matches, as long as his missus shuts up.
by dedja
Sun May 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

like a faarking hole in the head ...
by dedja
Fri May 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Taking it on the chin then ...
by dedja
Fri May 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - lives scores, results & chewing the fat.

Maybe open the other eye ...
by dedja
Sat May 24, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - South v Crows Reserves - Post match

Tend to agree with Fester on this one.

Some of the claims here are starting to get quite fanciful.

How long does the 'Crows can never beat Norwood' agreement last for?

Forever is a long time. Whilst Tripodi is still in business? Packard is still running his companies?

What happens when everyone complicit in this said 'agreement' are long gone, what happens then?

Perhaps the CIA did murder JFK after all, man never landed on the moon, and the US accidentally shot down MH370 and are covering it up?

Anyway, back to the thread.

Surprising result given recent form but then again with the Crows we always suspected that results will be very up and down.

South have been great so far but its a long season. Time will tell whether they have the stamina to last the distance. Slip up and there are a few side breathing down their neck to take their spot in the 5.
by dedja
Sun May 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Norwood supporter's eat your own thread

OK boys, continue your feud here ...
by dedja
Sun May 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Norwood supporter's eat your own thread

The comment was factual, and no Norwood supporters were harmed in making this thread ...
by dedja
Mon May 26, 2014 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

I see what you did there ...
by dedja
Tue May 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agreed, massive slap for Marshall who has shown that he is completely out of his depth.

Jay maybe be a shithouse Premier but he has completely outsmarted the Libs ... twice.

Bob Such isn't going to give them any joy either.
by dedja
Tue May 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

And he filmed it so he could share the fun. :lol:

Seriously though, I hope kickinit is OK.
by dedja
Thu May 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a ship, more like MH370 ... everyone knows it gone, but not sure exactly how.
by dedja
Thu May 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

Yes, you also come to mind when that term is raised ... :lol:
by dedja
Thu May 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Internet service providers

Yes I do know and that's part of the reason NuSkope are successful.

Adam are utilising a wireless platform that attempts to strongly adhere to an (albeit partly unclear) industry standard, using regulated spectrum frequencies, and typically place their antennas on shared (telco) towers. Wimax is just a trade name and not a technology as such. The technology can work in conditions where there is not a clear line of sight.

This all means it's a relatively expensive and highly regulated exercise.

NuSkope are essentially using unregulated frequencies and are not bothering to adhere to the wireless standards as they are essentially providing a wifi network to deliver a WAN, using relatively inexpensive equipment that you and I could buy quite comfortably and deploy if we had the know how. They have built their own towers and utilise their own fibre for backhaul. WDSL is just their marketing and they utilise Ubiquiti AirMax equipment. Consequently, they require a clear line of sight to ensure a successful wifi link.

This means they have much lower costs, are more agile and don't have the regulated hassles that Adam do.

It's a clever model that delivers to an ever emerging niche market. They've been around for about 7 years so they're not fly by nighters either.

A few months old but an indication of why Adam's Wimax has had issues. Backhaul has been one of the causes of the degradation of performance over time.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/354201,iinet-to-examine-adam-wimax-backhaul-constraints.aspx

NuSkope, on the other hand, can deploy 'just in time' hardware on their network to expand as demand expands, provided they manage their backhaul capacity which they have successfully managed to date.

Both services are essentially stop gap until the NBN gets full penetration, but with that utopia maybe taking up to 10 years, it's a long time to wait if you can't currently get a DSL service or its a poor one.

So, an NBN service will be the best, followed by a good DSL service if you can get it. NuSkope's WDSL is not available everywhere but if you can get it I believe it ranks above any consumer ADSL service. If you can't get NuSkope but can get Adam's Wimax then that would be the next best option.

Just a note on my NuSkope service, I pay for a 12 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up connection, but get a steady 15 / 2.8 service. If I wish to, I can get up to a 25 /10 service. This is not something you can generally do on Wimax.

I doubt you'll get many, if any, Adam Wimax customers on a connection like this. If there is I'd like to hear about it.

http://i58.tinypic.com/332m29y.png
by dedja
Thu May 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

at least to wasn't 119 ... :lol:
by dedja
Thu May 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are the Glenelg of politics ...
by dedja
Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Doc Neeson gone

Succumbed to the Big C.

DOC Neeson, the lead singer of Australian rockers The Angels, has died of brain cancer.

He was 67.

The singer behind hits such as Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again? was diagnosed with a brain tumour in January 2013.

Neeson had battled a brain tumour for 17 months butv died this morning at 7.15am.

His children Dzintra, Daniel, Aidan and Kieran and partner Annie Souter thanked friends and fans “for their support through this dark time”.

“We love you Dad. You couldn’t have made any of your sons more proud of you if you tried. May your beautiful soul rest in peace sweet angel, fly high,” his children said in a joint statement.

His partner Annie expressed her wishes for Neeson with a Shakespeare quote.

“Good Night, Sweet Prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.”

Neeson underwent surgery to remove the tumour but an MRI revealed the tumour had returned in February this year, with the singer saying it might be “life threatening”.

“The news is grim, but some people can get through this, and that’s the way I try to think about things,” he told the ABC’s Australian Story.

“So I’m looking forward optimistically to the future.”

Neeson said his initial reaction to the tumour had been “shock of course”. “When somebody puts a use by date on me, but I still hung on to a shred of hope that I’d get back on the stage at some point.”

In March this year he released his first single in seven years, Walking in the Rain, after performing the song to critical acclaim on the SBS TV show Rockwiz.

Shortly afterwards he performed at a fundraising gig at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre with Jimmy Barnes, Peter Garrett, Angry Anderson and other legends of the Australian music industry.

Neeson was born in Belfast and moved with his family to Adelaide when he was 13.

The Angels started life in Adelaide as The Moonshine Jug and String Band in the early 1970s.

They went on to become the Keystone Angels.

In 1975, they became simply The Angels and a year later they released their breakthrough single Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again.

The song is perhaps most widely know for the expletive-laden “audience response” during the chorus.

“The Australian audiences in their inimitable fashion added their own part to (the song) which is what I call the chant or sometimes the response,” Neeson told Australian Story during an interview earlier this year.

“And it suddenly became international in its own way. It now gets sung in pubs in England. I took a band to the Middle East, they were singing it there.

“In a way I’m really delighted to hear that because it’s Australian audiences making a song their own. And from the point of view when the band first started, we were trying to write songs for Australian audiences, they’ve made it their own in a way I’d never have thought possible.”

Their other hits included Take a Long Line, Marseilles, Shadow Boxer, No Secrets, and a cover version of the Eric Burdon hit We Gotta Get Out Of This Place.

Neeson’s final gig with the band was in New Year’s Eve in 1999.

Tributes for the singer are pouring in on social media.
by dedja
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I'm amazed no-one's brought up the disgraceful way the AFL engineered the Pirie St bike lane.

#shambles
by dedja
Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Different President, this one's not compromised.

In fact, being a council CEO, the likes of Tripodi and Pickard need to keep him sweet, not the other way around, but they'd be wasting their time as he's as straight as they come.
by dedja
Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feedback when posts deleted

not just crap, but tobpist crap.
by dedja
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

So predictably Essendon resort to the courts.

If they truly believe they did nothing wrong then why don't they just try to clear their name and their players?

Simple, they have too much too hide so are trying to get out of it with via a legal technicality, if they they can find one.

Disgraceful.

The AFL should consider further sanctions against the club for bringing the game into disrepute.
by dedja
Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

It's clear ASADA are sympathetic to the players, unfortunately regardless of them not knowing what was happening to them in terms of what was injected or ingested, it is ultimately the player (athlete) who must take the ultimate responsibility.

Image if this happened in cycling, and the cyclist claimed the same defence? I doubt many would be sympathetic.

It's a harsh world of compliance unfortunately, but I do really feel for the players and the Essendon Board and Hird should hang their heads in shame for putting the players last, both at the time of offending and now for trying to run away from the truth.
by dedja
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores Round 10

$14 at the gate is insane.

Get it back to $10 or even $8 ... might be a short term shortfall but it will benefit long term.

Possibly the clubs could work with the SANFL to introduce 3 or 5 game memberships, say at $25 and $35.
by dedja
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Thanks BP, we were wondering what was going on.
by dedja
Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

Following the Bays means no trust in faith ... :lol:
by dedja
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just need Robben to get a red card now ...
by dedja
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:3-0

^ what a dickhead
by dedja
Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You"re pretty much on the money JTC on the reason for starting this thread, but I also did it with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

Of course it's up to the individual on how they wish to react to the events from last year, and there has been a range of ways that people have, but it got to the point that every single thread was and is degenerating into the same thing.

So this if you like is the sticky to vent.

I personally wasn't happy that my club made the decision that it did, and worried that it was the beginning of the end. I also was pissed about the way the Crows conducted themselves through the process, especially the way Trigg was bullying clubs and the SANFL.

I know Nick Chigwidden reasonably well, and I know how much that man has dedicated his life to the Glenelg Football Club, firstly as a player, next as a very active Board member, and now as the President. He puts in a mountain of hours for little personal gain and to the detriment of his family and business interests.

If there is a person that bleeds more for the club then I'm yet to meet them. I also know the members of the Board, the CEO, players and their parents/families. Not all, but some really well. When I've discussed the AFL Reserves topic the reaction has generally been to support Chig's decision. I'm no orphan here, a lot of you are either well known within your club or know the key players well.

I also note that those within my club who seem to be most vocal did not seem to be active within the club as there was little mention of the topic at the AGM.

Now I may be mistaken. I could be talking to the wrong people, or could be underestimating the work that those opposing the AFL Reserves have been conducting.

What I do know is that my club is financially on its knees. I know that our new CEO is working his arse off to get the club back on track, and after reviewing the finances and seeing how he is approaching the task, I'm confident the job is in good hands.

I also know that protests which include not taking out memberships, not going to selected games or not continuing to be involved with the club will only hurt the club, and if enough do it, could ultimately contribute to bringing down the club.

Anyway, please vent away, enjoy the thread and go hard at what you believe in.

If you could also keep the other SANFL threads somewhat clean of this issue then it will be a win-win for all.

Cheers ...
by dedja
Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a piss take thread, it's supposed to go around in circles. 8)
by dedja
Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Former Name(s). PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB (A.F.L) LIMITED

ABN: 49 068 839 547

Registration Date: 29/03/1995

Does it really matter if we changed our business name, not really. Answer this wedgie if Gary Ablett Jnr change his name to David Ablett does that mean he isn't a Brownlow Medalist anymore?

Good point ... Heritier Lumumba is just as shit as Harry O'Brien
by dedja
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

Missed the corresponding game last year having my gall bladder out, would have gladly given up my spleen to miss today's effort.
by dedja
Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

LOL, that's below the belt Jim ... :lol:
by dedja
Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wood heater

Maybe ask Heater31?
by dedja
Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

I might invite him over for a BBQ for a chat ... I'm sure he won't mind if I wear a burqa and have Halal meat
by dedja
Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

GAGF ... Gee Aren't Glenelg Faarked?
by dedja
Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Unbelievable, what a performance!
by dedja
Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Both feet, now try again ...
by dedja
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Dunno, but it will be over in 5 mins ... :oops:
by dedja
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - West v Adelaide @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 4

The old bastard on the gate had a twitch ...
by dedja
Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Krispy Kreme opening - yada, yada, yada.

Hopefully this will stop the faarktards who put them In overhead lockers on the flight home.
by dedja
Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 2014 Sturt v Glenelg Post Game

My club is very much alive and yours in died in 1990.

Tomorrow my club will still be there and you'll still be a faarkwit.

Hybrids must have won this week.

Love Dedj

by dedja
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Innocent people being blown up in the Gaza Strip and we all get upset over one word on a football telecast? ... Yep, makes perfect sense.
by dedja
Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 16/7)

26/7 ...

Big Phil does a fantastic job covering the SANFL , whether it be in the media or through various sites

BP has got his dates mixed up for this match
Not surprisingly the first person to ridicule BP was YOU
A private message to Big Phil would have been suffice , or perhaps alert a moderator
But, no you just had to make fun of him
How about showing some respect to fellow posters

4 minutes after BP posted , your response was posted :roll:

Ok, I've resisted your juvenile taunts for far too long.

You must have an amazing ability to deduce all that from a simple '26/7 ...'. Obviously BP made an innocent typo.

I know BP personally and have never, ever had a go at him, because I know first hand the great work he does. I enjoy chatting with him every now and again when we see each other at matches. We take the piss out of each other and it's all cool.

So if you have a problem because I haven't replied to your 6,389 idiotic PMs over the last few years then there's not too much I can do about it. Or if I think AH is a faarkwit like everyone at Norwood does then tough. Stalking me at Norwood Oval or trying to goad me on the Snouts site doesn't do much for me either.

So if I think Tait is weak as piss and is a mercenary then I'm free to make the statement. If you don't agree then who gives a rats, it's a free world.

If I think Mark Cosgrove is today's version if Grenville Dietrich, then that's not a crime either.

Also, my 2c is that if you don't eat like a pig you might lose weight. Scoffing down chia seeds or horse penis extract won't cut it.

Love,
Dedj
by dedja
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |