Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

See brahma has appointed a coach. Great appointment in the big show. Hopefully onwards and upwards for 2014
by lovetotalkfooty
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2014

Good to see the Denver Crows knock off the Brown Boys. Almost like the Nuggets knocking of Golden state
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Robran wrote:Were the eagles were flying under the radar

Nothing like a drunken post to tell you what you truly believe.
by lovetotalkfooty
Tue May 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2014

Get ****** REB. I will play finals and I will get promoted to div 1 again
by lovetotalkfooty
Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

country clubs started it and local clubs joined in now here we are cant blame anyone for going for the cash loyality died around the same time most of you finished up football and to people currently playing still it died 5-8 years ago :) its all about the $$$$$ now

I thought it was about the base, no treble ;)
by lovetotalkfooty
Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

X Runna wrote:Ran into a BL player from this season who was quite proud to tell me every BL A Grade player next season is being paid.......

That's a lie. I know I won't recieve a cent for playing
by lovetotalkfooty
Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

I heard David Savage signed a contract with Greenacres for the coming season, yet cleared to Brahma now.

Not sure if its correct just what i heard, maybe there is ways around it............................

Yes you are 100% correct. David did sign a contract with Greenacres. However David went to the effort to talk to the coaches who had invested their time and discuss his reason for leaving. No text messages, no getting someone else to sort it out and no dodging the issue. He went to the club, explained his situation and what he wanted and everything was sorted,

Currently the Brahma Lodge football has two players who the coaching staff had organised meetings and taken time out of their schedule to meet with these players. These players made a decision on the facts and figures presented to them that brahma lodge was the club for them. Neither of these players had a gun held to their head and neither player was made to sign. Both players signed knowing full well that this was locking them in for the 2016 season. One player was also invited to a club function where he was unveiled as a major signing and given free piss for the entire evening.

Now as president of the football club I am more than happy to back my coaching staff in their right to refuse to clear these players. Players need to understand that when you sig a contract its binding. These players need to understand that if you sign at Brahma Lodge then that's where you are expected to play. I am sick of guys thinking they can go to every club and talk to who they want and sign where they want and a simple text will make all their wishes come true. The coaches and football directors at brahma lodge deserve to be treated with more respect than these players are giving.

I will finish by saying that every player has his chance to plead his case and the appropriate decision will be made. That doesn't mean he will be cleared and it doesn't mean he will be forced to stay. $$$$$ will have zero impact on the decision we make. I just want players to know that when you come to brahma lodge and sign a contract that it means something and you will be made to honor it. Every player is told that at their meeting and now the club will full endorse it. If a player misses a year because of it then so be it.

Now I am happy to take any constructive feedback on this issue and more than happy to have a chat. If you wat to do it by phone then DM and I will send you my number
by lovetotalkfooty
Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

i heard you ate two of them zartan?
Heard Bellman did it every week and he was a dominant ruckman, so thought it might make me more like Bellman 8)

i can attest to the size of the bellman and yes you would become more rotund mate!..he never jumped though..just stood and delivered.. :)

Brahma have a another ruckman that dosent mind a fat boy or 2. A lot like bellman, he can't jump either.
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Ramco Football and Netball Club would like to welcome our latest recruits to the club Luke Nelson, Josh Sobels and Josh Rees. They come to the club committed to making 2017 bigger and better for the Rooster.
'Together We Win'

Barry Gavranich,
A Grade Football Coach

Never thought Nelly would leave Brahma........Kid can play.

Nelly decided that a change of scenery was required to see if he still had a passion for football. Everyone at brahma wishes him all the best.
by lovetotalkfooty
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Who are Ingle Farms best players? Who do we think are their biggest challengers?

Serious?? It's round 1!!!! Our challengers are every team in Div 6.! It's going to be an interesting year that will be extremely competitive. Thinking any longer than our next opponent will be fraught with danger! Others can speculate and predict....we won't be doing that....that's for certain. We will respect our opponents each and every week. We are just a pretty even team with reasonable depth.[/quote]

Ingle farm have 3 players who I would consider seriously good footballers. 47 Grae Grant, 29 Nicolas Lynch and 11 Steve Gannell. They run in numbers from the back half, Smart and Hancock mainly, and look to set up play through the corridor. There on ball brigade is evenly spread and runs pretty deep. Spence is the outside run and Pope will work inside. The big forward is 17 Sanderson, pretty agile for a big bloke and a player who will go close to 50 goals this year.
They also have a few young guys who will drift in and out of games but when they are given time and space will expose teams who are not prepared to run defensively.
They also had some good run and some decent players in the 2's. This suggests that the players will need to perform weekly or might find themselves spending time in the ressies. This can inspire some performances and overall can be hard to counter from an opposition coaches perspective (I am not a opposition coach)
Ingle farm will be better for the run over the weekend and I expect to see them only get better over the next 4-6 weeks. I will be looking on with interest this week to see how they go against Mawson Lakes and the Lodge go against Trinity.
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Let me read this right, you WANT it to rain for 3 days straight before you play (or swim) at Morgan Oval... :shock:

What are you, cracked? :lol:

You do know how old and unfit i am. These young kids need to not run so much and give the old guys a kick once in a while
by lovetotalkfooty
Sun May 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Halfway mark Divsion 6 team of the year
Feel free to add/edit!

F: A Gerardis (FIT), D. Mcintyre (BL), D. Cotter (ELIZ)
HF: J. Turner (WC), B. Sanderson (IF), J. Giddings (PUL)
C: L. Woodcock (WC). C. Bourke (FIT), A .Spence (IF)
HB: D. Ward (SW), J. O'Hara (TOS), T. Mattner (PUL)
B: D. Huitema (BL) , C. Rowlands (PUL), S .Cavallaro (TOS)

Ruck: M. Reade (PUL), D. Tucker (PUL), C. Beaty (FIT)

Int: A. Reeves (ELIZ), B. Mitchell (ELIZ), S. Currie (PUL), J. McMurtrie (HD)

Emg: D. Steele (BL), L. Scicluna (FIT), S. Cooke (PUL),

Coach: Will James (PUL)

I would have B. Grose in the team of the year before Ward, Bourke and McMurtrie. He gets his 25+ touches a game plus 10 tackles. He would be top 2 with Hooters in our best and fairest count.

Also on ruckman Gannell was my toughest opponent to date.
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was great to see a few Brahma Lodge players come up for a few beers after the game sat. Good blokes and we had to invite one bloke up for a beer to cool off after he copped a couple of ear massages during the game and wanted to knock out a few!

Ah yes, thats Lovetotalkfooty. Sometimes forgets footy is a contact sport haha.

Got the best sledge ever on saturday. Shaking hands after the game and "an unnamed player" comes up to me and says i am angry when i dont have my snickers. Still laughing now.

Can you please pass on a speedy to recovery to Cam. The big guy was certainly dominating the ruck saturday before he hurt his shoulder. If it is a broken collarbone, then hopefully its a clean break and quick recovery.

Great bunch of blokes at houghton and hopefully success is just around the corner.
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brooks was a massive loss when he went down half way through the second quarter what looked to be a serious shoulder injury so were down one on rotation. McKee also was struggling and another guy with some serious dreadlocks did a Hamstring so they only really had 1player on bench for the second half. Elizabeth were also down a player with Upton doing a hamstring just before half time.
Sounds like Richter i think - big loss.

Upton is a huge loss for Elizabeth as well.

If McKee doesn't come up ok for this week, who goes up for Brahma - do they take Craven, Nathan Hall or maybe left field give Ben Fuller a phone call?

I will be 100% ready to play this week. Really looking forward to going against garnell this week as our rucking styles are pretty similar.

Brahma lodge has been very lucky in the past 3 years with injuries but unfortunately looks like we might be on the end of some bad luck.

I think the 4 best teams have made it to the right time of the year and the team that takes it out will have to win 2/3 hard faught battles. Depth cpuld play a huge part in the final 4 games of the year
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Should rock up to training the first 4 weeks and tell you he is going to get super fit, then will spend the next 18 weeks complaining about his hammy and wont be seen at training because of work. Will then be first to put his hand out saturday night and then blade everyone behind their backs. Can play football and these blokes will always find a side but if elizabeth want to have a sustainable long term future then he is not the answer.

Brother coming back from a knee recon might be a different story
I guess he aint going back to the Lodge now LOL.

In all seriousness, he wont get squat at Elizabeth and wont be granted any favors from the coach, Elizabeth are basing their sustainability on players that want to play for each other and their guernsey.

Since DJ moved forward his currency grew, I'm sure there will be offers about somewhere that will change his mind.

Never said he would not be back at brahma lodge, just telling it how it is. I think more people need to be honest about players and that will stop the people going around and demanding top dollar for performance. The more people are honest the less these guys will get and if they do go, the more i can say i told you so.
by lovetotalkfooty
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's no such thing as contracts in general. Unless there was money or other assets exchanged between club and player. How is signing a contract deemed that it holds that player to the agrrement made on the contract. So in short if a player signs a contract. Yet no money or assets have been exchanged. Then he should be allowed to sign elsewhere. Obviously if money or assets have been exchanged then he has to see out the terms of that contract. If that makes any sense. Which I know you all will be ready to say something funny to this post.

A promise of future performance constitutes valuable consideration
All I am saying is that contracts and promises don't mean anything today. And I agree that clubs are trying to organise theirs lists for the season. But if no money has been exchanged then really there is not much they can do. When it comes to making a player see out the contract.

I think this attitude reflects society and its why we live in a word where a mans word is no longer his bond. My one pet hate is for some to agree to something and then change their mind when something better comes along. Make a commitment and stick it out. Sometimes the hard times are what makes or breaks a person. I agree that a club needs to live up to its promise but an individual cant cry foul if it gets a bit tough and hard. Every paid player at a club has an obligation to make it a better place and give something back.
by lovetotalkfooty
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon Ryan Mckee might have it, if not wants it.

I think it's now official - Ryan McKee now coach of Blodge
Good appointment. Good luck, hopefully regardless of how they perform, he still lovestotalkfooty. 8)

A great bloke and im sure he will make a great coach. Hope he can get the support of the playing group and convince a few to stay. All the best to him.

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. I am not sure 100% sure what the club's playing stock is going to look like in 2018 but what I do know is that the club will have 2 committed coaches who will do everything in its power to ensure we move in the right direction.

I am looking forward to working with all the players who have committed for 2018 as these players are part of the solution. To the players who don't want to be part of the solution then realise you are the part of the problem. When you are part of the problem you don't get to set the agenda and have everything your way.
by lovetotalkfooty
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Brahma Lodge Football Club is currently seeking the services of a Senior Assistant Coach for season 2018 and beyond.
Preference would be a playing assistant coach who is looking to transition in to full time coaching in the next 12 to 24 months.
For all enquires please contact Ryan McKee on 0421 560 848 or ryan.mckeeos@hotmail.com.
by lovetotalkfooty
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What do Brahma expect to achieve by not clearing contracted players who clearly don’t want to play there? Next year from Div 7 how do they expect to sign players next year? No one will sign a contract there until right before the start of the season. Shooting themselves in the foot.

I expect to see people honour an agreement that they made and not get up and walk away when things get a little tough. Everyone is looking for instant satisfaction but the real reward comes with riding the ups and downs to taste the ultimate success. Not once were these players forced to sign contracts and all did so off their free will.

No player who has signed a contract at brahma lodge will be cleared in 2018. Simple as that.
by lovetotalkfooty
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are asking them to play for you or sit out football. They are the only two options in this scenario. Also when they signed those contracts you weren’t the coach at the time were you? You are asking them to play for your side even though they never signed to play for your side. Players go to clubs because of their connections to people first and foremost, then it will be money discussed and ideally they enjoy their time and stay at the club. If as a player you signed to play somewhere because of your relationship with a coach, if said coach left would you stay or leave?

I am pretty sure you dont sign a contract with a coach but with a club.

At the end of the day we will never agree on this because i will always put the club first and you will always be about whats best for me.
by lovetotalkfooty
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I will try answer all the questions in one lot here.

Yes a player was told his services were no.longer required. This was after he was reported. He ended up getting a life ban from the league so he couldnt have played anyway.

Yes i have had constant communication with a couple of the contracted players. One has even made it to number 3 on my most contacted list.

I understand that by making this stand i am putting my neck on the chopping block. I also realise that tomorrow i will be another day closer to being sacked, whenever that day may be.

At the end of the day i have made my feelings know to the contracted players and hope that the club can convince them that brahma is not the devil and that we can still make this work.
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What’s going to happen in the off season with Brahma? You’d expect no new recruits to sign untill late March due to what they’ve done this year. Think they’ve dug them self a hole imho.

Could not have been more prouder of the guys who have decided to play football at Brahma in 2018. While the situation was not ideal and no one knows what the future holds, the fact that they are giving everything every Saturday is a true indication of who they are as people.

I am super proud of the players at Brahma this year. Blokes always knew it wasn't going to be pretty but continue to show up.
by lovetotalkfooty
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Huge thank you to Kym and the Lutheran lads for a good game of football. Both sides had periods of dominance and the game could have gone either way. I know the doggies have been struggling with injuries and copped a few more on the weekend. Hopefully that luck changes and you finish with a fit 21 this weekend.
On a seperate note, brahma are currently looking to introduce some netball teams for 2019.
by lovetotalkfooty
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:On a seperate note, brahma are currently looking to introduce some netball teams for 2019.

Is this actual legit?

I am hoping to make it so. 17 netball teams makes recruiting a hell of a lot easier
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma beat elizabeth by 14 points.
by lovetotalkfooty
Sat May 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The league will have its processes if PH ask the league to investigate. I’m pretty sure their first port of call would be to talk to the umpires to see what they saw. They would ask WC to respond if they required more information than the umpires could give. The incident was filmed and if we are asked to show the footage we would use it as our defence of this being an accident. That’s why we are having both A and B grade games filmed. There’s nothing to hide, it was not intentional it wasn’t a fist to the head it was in play in front of the umpires. It unfortunately doesn’t help the PH ruckman , I feel his pain as my final game was brought about unexpectedly by an unintentional incident with a knee to the head. We all know when we put on boots we could be hurt. I don’t know statistics of the the number of footballers who end up in hospital on a Saturday but I’m betting a bigh percentage are unintentional compared to intentional. There was no incident preceding the clash between the two players.

I have no first hand knowledge of the incident and if it involves the guy i think it does then its not in his character and a guy i rate highly.

What i will ask is if this does go to the tribunal, would they apply the same logic that the AFL does and take in to consideration the outcome over intent. Meaning WC would be harshly delt with due to an accident that resulted in injury.
by lovetotalkfooty
Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma Lodge Football Club is currently looking for an A Grade coach for season 2019 and beyond. All expressions of interest should be forwarded to blfcfootballdepartment@gmail.com or to the football director on 0403695852.
by lovetotalkfooty
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |