Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

What is the big deal with this relegation? It happens every year in the Amatuer League and no one whinges or complains. It happens once every 3-5 years in the HFL and the club nominated cracks a hissy fit. Follow your god damn rules for christ sakes and swallow some pride. Sounds like Mt Lofty are full of arrogance and ego's. Go down win a flag or play in a GF and come back up. Simple.
by rock
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So is this the Mummy and Daddy clause that Torrens Valley have used just so the brothers can play together. And your telling me the HFL bought it, wow. This is funny, dumb and completely irresponsible all at the same time.
by rock
Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Echunga FC won the Central Div Flag, WE ALL GET THAT. What you are failing to comprehend at ECHUNGA is your 4 other grades STINK. You are judged as a CLUB not on the results of an overpaid A grade side (and I agree most are overpaid). So build your depth, develop your kids and then return to Central stronger as a CLUB. This type of situation will force CLUBS to put more emphasis on their junior programs and I applaud the HFL for this.
by rock
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No need to go down that path again rock.

Maybe there is a need cracka when Legs Man denies the fact dodgey practices and untoward dealings were even happening. Clearly I'm not going to detail this on a social forum given the legal ramifications but I'm merely suggesting he talks to someone at his club and gather some factual information for a change. But I get the impression people at Echunga are probably hesitant to give this man any sort of information given the dribble he already goes on about.
by rock
Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Cracka - whose side are you on - I thought you were the voice of reason?

Surely, you of all people understand the importance and ramifications surrounding this situation.

We don't want a league that is viewed as psychotic.
I'm on Echungas side when it comes to who deserves to be in Central div. I just know that there are non forum users out there, some who actually had a say in deciding Echungas fate, that have said to me you've done more harm than good. HFL board members do read this forum as well.

It is truly unfortunate if the decisions made by others is influenced by my opinion and comments as I have tried to maintain an even minded - albeit passionate view on happenings surrounding the Echunga football club.

When commenting on HFL governance of the competition I have conveyed what I deem as an uneven playing field presented to Echunga due to actions undertaken by the league with respect to points allocation to TV.

The stripping of a much deserved final from Echunga given to Mt Barker with no apparent argument to back up this decision only compounded and reinforced the view I have.

I am fully aware that my opinion may not align with that held by other parties but this should not be an excuse to make what I view as bad decisions.

Surely the decision makers from all parties are grown ups that have a mind of their own and can formulate their own opinion and judgement?

My comments on occasion can certainly be viewed in a varied manner depending which side of the fence you sit and how you see the future of the competition.

I just ask that everyone involved takes a deep breath and thinks hard about what is occurring :

The side that has just won the top tier Central division premiership is being relegated back to the lower Country division .

Once again you keep beating the same drum. You are not judged by your A grade side, it is your performance as a CLUB that determines your fate. And your performance as a CLUB was the worst overall. I'll say it again, I like this rule because an overpaid A grade side (even a premiership one) can be relegated as a CLUB if the effort hasn't been put into developing those that currently play for the love of the game. The HFL has got this right, now go back to Country, develop your juniors and build the foundations that will make you a strong CLUB.
by rock
Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard there will be a SGM to have Echunga expelled from the HFL. Is this true? I'm told it can be done.
by rock
Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Afterthesiren from what I've been told by Brian Parker spoke well and was more concerned about the whole league re juniors so unless our president is way off - your post is way off the mark.

Brian Parker concerned about the whole league now that's funny. He's only concern is the one and only Uraidla.
by rock
Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Are you boys from the board? About time stuff like this was exposed instead of being swept under the carpet. Who knows it might give the HFL the shake up it deserves. Don't blame IBCGFC for the inadequacies of the league.
by rock
Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also thought Ironbank's statement was well restrained. They didn't mention the alleged deal done between the board member and Onkas 3 weeks ago with regard to the permit. They also held off on mentioning that the then HFL President rang the Onkas Pres 24 hrs before the game giving him a chance to withdraw the permit player knowing it was obtained suspiciously. Obviously the Onkas Pres refused and it blew up from there. Not a good look. I feel for you a bit cracka, unfortunately I think some clean up work might be required at your club, there are some good people there but there's at least one bad apple letting your club down at the moment.
by rock
Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find it interesting how the Board of the HFL can allow a permit for a B grade Onkas player who has played 10 A grade games and 7 B grade games. There is actually a rule that states a player is only eligible to play finals if they have played the majority of their games in that grade. Well apparently rules and laws don't apply to certain members of the HFL Board. What a shame some clubs have to resort to a win at all costs 'cheating' attitude and whats even more shameful is these Board Members condone it. May as well just toss the rule book out.
by rock
Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |