Search found 43 matches

Return

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Squids wrote:Just saw all the dismissals....if its not on the stumps don't hang your bat outside off stump. Also Clarke wtf was that.

That is what you call I Pooped Myself Shot.
by beeroclock
Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Does anyone else think Tremletts action looks dodgy?
by beeroclock
Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

I would almost wager that if we win this test and secure the Ashes being 3-0 Boof will make a massive statement to the under performing.
Rodgers will go and never play again - too many other players around going well enough - Hughes will open.
Watson will go because Boof hates players that don't make an effort to improve ie getting out to similar shots all the time. Maybe he's not good enough to improve.
He should banish him until something changes - it won't.
So who bats 3.
I reckon Klinger has earn't a crack.
Bailey - Not up to test cricket and their are better options for the future - take your pick who replaces him.
by beeroclock
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Saw a good ton by Charlie Holmes today for Kensington. Not out at the start and not out at the end.
Well batted.
Pity our mob bowled poorly.
by beeroclock
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Liquor Lads

westozfalcon wrote:Just out of curiosity, what does a block of West End Draught set you back these days?
You can't get it here in WA and I reckon it's not a bad drop.

They come in 30 can packs now.
$40-$45.
by beeroclock
Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

South Australia have decided to bat again. There are 14 overs remaining tonight with play resuming at 4:51pm, and going through until 5:30pm local time.

with 14 overs remaining, i would have thought the time would be perfect to make them follow on, not as if you are going to be slogging it out in the field for another whole day before a break
Shock horror Benny.
Agreed.
by beeroclock
Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Another weekend off coming up I'd say.
by beeroclock
Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mickey wrote:Just got to get him off the cans long enough

Why.
No rule saying you have to be sober to coach.
by beeroclock
Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Umps still can't get the holding the ball decisions right. Some things never change. Ask Tom harley.

Two identical plays at the end of that quarter, two different decisions.

Yeah that was a real bad minute of umpiring, that's the problem having three different interpretations of one rule
There shouldn't be three interpretations of the rule.
There is only one.
by beeroclock
Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

4 times this season Enfield have claimed the last 5 wickets in an innings for less than 20 runs..

Half the times Enfield have bowled they have removed the back 5 wickets for less than 30 runs..

Will be an extremely hard fought match, especially if Enfield can grab a couple of quick wickets early
Bring it on then.
Good luck,hope you get the Choccies.
by beeroclock
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:
Stumps wrote:Port 2/61

With Ludemann and McDonald to come. Game over surely.

That's a bit premature.
You from East Torrens?
by beeroclock
Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

the joker wrote:Dublin choke in the div 3 grand final. Dominate the whole year and don't win the flag

Won't be the first and won't be the last.
by beeroclock
Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

I think it should just be 50 junior games, regardless of age group. Clubs who have U18s will get kids that have played more than 100 games for another junior club but want to play U18s, they play 2 seasons of U18s and then they are worth 0 points to a club because they have U18s.
Pretty sure U/18s is classified as senior footy not juniors.
by beeroclock
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Mawsons are definitely flying under the radar.
by beeroclock
Sat May 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Not doing any Fantasy Footy teams or footy tips again this year.

Free yourself people, "No Fantasy No Tipping" I say and I love it!
Kind of like quitting Facebook. Would be liberating.
******* Facebook.
I've never used it but people still know about what I do because others have nothing better to do than talk about other peoples lives.
I've actually read some of my kids conversations with their knowledge of course.
I can't believe people can actually waste time on that rubbish.
What junk.
by beeroclock
Tue May 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to Gilly today who plays his 450th in the first game of the triple header at the Farm.
by beeroclock
Sat May 10, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

blah blah bulldog just keep running ya mouth from the side lines like a good parent who knows best
Are you a Pooraka boy Robb?

not on sunday when i umpire :)
I'd be wording my words a little different to Bulldogs then,otherwise he might come up and shake your hand last round of the year when he's down there for one of his 5 premiership flag reunions you flog.
by beeroclock
Tue May 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting to present my boys guernsey before his first A grade game today.
Coach asked if I'd like too.
What a great offer.
by beeroclock
Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I rate cracking open a coopers celebration ale, with some killers on in the background via the surround sound

I rate getting the lamb shanks into the slow cooker to ready in time for the first bounce tonight

Lamb Shanks in the slow cooker.
OH YEH.
Sen bloody sational.
by beeroclock
Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Spargo wrote:RIP Wayne Wilson, my favourite race caller of all time died last night on the eve of the Straddy.
Battled cancer for 15 years, he was only 66.

He was a very good caller indeed.
One of those blokes that as soon as you heard his voice you knew which state your listening too.
by beeroclock
Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

Some very big mother chucker squid to be had at Moonta and Pt Hughes ATM.
Good numbers too.
by beeroclock
Sat May 31, 2014 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Gotta say the chick at the Cross Keys was amazing.
G string and real boobies and had an iPod tucked into the side of her string that she would shake her butt too.
Well hired to the boss.
Must have been around 22 - 25 years old.
Gold.
by beeroclock
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

It just dawned on me while doing my job.
Walking behind fat people in a supermarket shopping isle when they struggle to put one foot in front of another.
Then getting boxed in and not being able to get the split along the rails.

The cold aisle sprint lane?
It wasn't the cold isle but that makes sense. ( Fat people shopping for ice cream ).
I find the best perve is the deodorant or shampoo isle.
You know those chicks are looking after themselves.
by beeroclock
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Farmers by about 120 pts over fitzroy.

Just as well they put the clamps on Lynch and kept him to 12 goals or it could have got ugly.
by beeroclock
Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

i could sit here for days and talk about why todays young males act this way but im to lazy and who wants to read a big ass story

1.Parents let there kids get away with so much more these days
2.schools
3.government

these 3 things are the problem not one of them has any balls to stand up to punish the kids or wont

it will only get worse but the ferals and thats what they are will get done at the tribunal and hopefully get life bans no place for thugs in football
So naive.
by beeroclock
Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i think the farmers are a bit in the same boat as port power

the new kids on the block steam up the ranks to suddenly find themselves on top spot

they remain on the perch for an extended period of time floating on the greatest altitude then all to lose sight of where they were rising to in the first place because the rising has halted, theres no more places to rise to, so the steam train is deflating because the wait for the finals is too long
Geez that's dumb.
by beeroclock
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are there interesting times ahead :o , mercy rule looks like it may play a part in certain grades this season with sides either missing a spot in the top 4 or the double chance, yet again, The rule does not work and now scores are no longer allowed until U11's get rid of the stupid thing
Must be a Broadview side on the wrong end of the stick.
by beeroclock
Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great effort by the Farmers to finish in 3rd spot, it was only 2 years ago this club was the laughing stock getting thumped week in week out, took one on the chin and went down to Div7 and won a flag and to back it up this year by sitting top for most of the season and eventually finish in 3rd is a massive achievement, gained a lot of respect I think and are heading in the right direction..
Correct.
Fantastic effort by a lot of people to their heads in and get on with job.
It's been great to watch in the last couple of seasons but more so this season to be able to consolidate.
Some descent luck in the finals could see the Farms progress.
Well done to all so far.
by beeroclock
Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kate Collins looks mighty nice tonight.
by beeroclock
Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome to D6 TOS and Brahma Lodge :D

So assuming the top 2 sides after the minor round from 6 and 7 managed to go up, 6 next year would look like:

Trinity OS
Brahma Lodge
Ingle Farm
Rosewater
Fitzroy
Lockleys
Mawson Lakes
Central United
Smithfield
Houghton

Lose the two long trips (Angle Vale and Mitchell Park) but gain more trips out norf (Smithfield, TOS, Brahma, CU) :(
Assume nothing PG.
Get rid of Lockleys and the Farms won't have to cross Torrens Rd.
by beeroclock
Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Which way does Ingle Farms ground run????? ;)

It doesn't.
Has no legs.
by beeroclock
Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

OMG.
Could it be straight sets for GG coming up again?
by beeroclock
Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some horrid spectators at the Elizabeth V Gaza U/15 game yesterday at Eastern Park.
How do people think it's ok to heckle a 14/15 year old lad and put such a dampener on him he wants to leave the ground.
To you knobs,you are fruit loops.
Well done to the ground marshals on shutting them up.
Sitting on the outer side of the ground they were in full view and every word could be heard.
Idiots.
Hope their club deals with the fools.
by beeroclock
Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

Johno6 wrote:what was Kirkwood paying?

Got $4.60 a little while ago @ $50.
by beeroclock
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also having seen a lot of 18 reds this year I'd be fascinated to learn it's strength relative to yellow. People involved with red are certain it's much stronger, but I guess they would be!
I guess it's all relevant to how many over aged players are in any one particular side also.
Don't like the over age rule myself.
Big gap from a lad turning 17 and lad turning 19 in the same year.
by beeroclock
Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

Been hearing some amazing figures being bandied around for coaches in the SAAFL. Got me thinking about what a coach is worth. Lets not make this a I heard "X" gets paid $10000 a year and "Y" gets $7000 a year. More interested in what people think coaches should be paid in each division.

Heres my thoughts.

Div 1 - What ever you can get and the club can afford. Would think most coaches get $6K - $8K range or $333.33 a game to $444.44 ( all based on 18 games no finals). These guys are either proven or played a pretty high level and should have a sound knowledge of the game.

Div 2-3 - I think you would pay around the $4K to $5K range. Again $222.22 to $277.77 a game. You can take a punt on a few untried coaches at this level. Most coaches would have played SAAFL before and have a reasonable understanding of the game.

Div 4-5 - Should not be paying over $3K to the coach. $166.66 per game. Most made up of guys who played SAAFL at either the club they are coaching or a reasonable level. Get by a lot on reputation but are mostly untried when it comes to the coaching game. A lot of ex captains of clubs end up coaching at this level.

Div 6-7 - Should be paying $2K max. $111.11 a game. A lot of guys are doing it for the love of the game or the club at this level and deserve to be rewarded in some way. At this level you need someone who can recruit and get guys to your club. Not a lot of clubs in this grade have promising junior program ( I said not a lot but there are a few).

Overall these coaches probably spend 10 hours a week and should be rewarded but when you hear of Div 5 and 6 clubs being asked up to $10000 a year to coach them it makes you laugh.

Just my thoughts.
Div 2-3 payed 4-5 k - no chance.

If there was any change out of 20k to a certain Div 2 coach now Div 1 coach I would give it straight back to him and I'm not even involved with the club.
Superbly organised footy department.
by beeroclock
Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

Blackwhite wrote:Following on from my last post, I have no idea what sort of pay coaches get but 15-20k a year is probably an appropriate figure for the work these guys put in.

Yep.
Yours is the best going around ATM.
by beeroclock
Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/cricket-association-to-fine-clubs-bringing-booze-to-away-grounds-without-permission/story-fni6uo1m-1227082413786

Wonder if this will grab the attention of the licencing inspectors......[emoji33]
Nothing wrong with it in A1-A3.
Get in there and have a beer,discuss the game, then on your way to your own prezzos.
Not that hard.
Plenty of Bottle Os to grab a freshy on the way home.
by beeroclock
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Scum bags that stabbed my sons mate at Semi.
Saw a photo of these clowns last night and to say the look of I DONT GIVE A STUFF ABOUT SOCIETY was on their faces would be an understatement.
Well guess what ARSE HOLES I don't give a stuff about you either.
Throw the book at the PRICKS.
Have fun in jail DICKHEADS.
by beeroclock
Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Hilarious stuff this.
In our local messenger paper today Salisbury West chairman Bob Campbell claims his club needs to go to Div 5 due to a lack of numbers and players leaving for money to play at other clubs.
Campbell claims they stopped paying players in July and informed the players at a meeting at this time and his words - " at the end of the season they the players have thought,oh well we will go get cash somewhere else.
Well HELLO.
Talk about players having no credibility.
You make your bed you lay in it Salisbury West.
by beeroclock
Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

doubt it is 60/40 ......... but you know at umpire trainning they do talk about certain clubs and what to look out for so least the umpires that get stuck doing these games know the shit that is coming there way.

I'm actually just struggling to come to terms with the comment above from Starky.
Basically says that mentioned clubs at Umpy training are trouble makers and let's clamp down early on them instead of calling it as we see it.
Not a good look,but hey thanks for the honesty and everyone suspected it anyway.
by beeroclock
Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

24 balls to go.
Just keep going ffs.
by beeroclock
Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah a good game of T20 totals of 180 and 170 always good viewing.

The game also threw up an interesting thing that rarely happens in cricket and I would keen to see what people think. Matt Weaver played the ball to mid on and set off for a quick single, Dand who was bowling dived across the pitch to the leg side and knocked Tim Evans, the non striker over (un intentionally) but big contact was made. The ball was thrown to the keeper with Tim still on his back run out. Whats peoples thoughts on calling a player back in that instance? Im not saying there is a right or wrong answer just be interested in peoples thoughts.
Just a thought.
If Weaver hit it and Evans was ran out at the strikers end then maybe they shouldn't have attempted a run.
What was Weaver taking off for a run for if his mate was on the deck.
On ya bike son - should be more aware of the situation.
by beeroclock
Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |