Search found 29 matches

Return

Re: Sachin Tendulkar announces Test retirement

Had to clean my computer screen after I saw this on facebook....
by am Bays
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

My solution, not including premier league is as follows...

SACA and ATCA need to work coser together...

The 13 clubs must field A & B grade teams in the Grade comp.

Clubs then field any other teams in the ATCA comp, but with no set amount required... ie they can just put a c grade team in, or they can put 4 teams in the turf comp, including the popular 1 day comps if it suits their club better..

With the lower grades filtering back to turf cricket, it would free up umpires to then be spread across more games.

Juniors are back to 1 team in each grade, with closer ties to community clubs and the excess players playing ATCA Juniors on the sunday, again not compolsary to field above the Saturday requirements.
by mickey
Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Good on them, I say! Shit idea having a b-grade junior team.

:roll:
So the few volunteers Port have would be better served spending their time hunting for kids to play in the cricket graveyard that is U16 whites?

I'd have thought cricket would benefit most from them focussing on the more talented kids that are already at the club. Grade Clubs have been split between focussing on elite development and participation/community cricket and it's been to the detriment of both - pick one and focus on it, don't try and do both.
by smac
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Or a "Show us ya pussy" thread....
by HH3
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI Series v England

I'd love for one day get all SAFooty posters in a bar with a few beers to discuss these issues be a pisser of a night I reckon!
by carey
Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ch 10's coverage of the Winter Olympics ...
by dedja
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

I've been following Test Cricket since the 70s and I cannot recall a period of sustained excellence from a fast bowler that matches Mitchell Johnson's current run. 49 wickets in six tests is amazing. That ball he badged Amla with was an absolute corker, unplayable.

Every now and then he drifts back into 'old mitch' mode but Clarke seems to take him out of the attack when signs appear. Brilliant bowling and brilliant Captaincy.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since taking over the captaincy Clarke has seen his batting average increase on the back of a golden 12/13 summer and now he has developed into one of the best captains (IMO) that we have seen.

Clearly he now has "his team" with very few of Pontings men left and a new coach with Lehmann, creating a relaxed yet very aggressive atmosphere.

On the back of that we have Johnson who is in, as REB notes, in the form of his life and nothing like we have seen from an Aussie quick for years.

I also think Warner needs a mention. Not only the way he has plundered runs recently but I reakon the little bloke would be as good on the lip as Warne and Healy were in the days of "metal disintegration" under Steve Waugh. I think he has a lot to do with the attitude of the Australian side at the moment.
by Booney
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

good observations all round there.

shows what happens when everyone is having fun too - they clearly werent under mickey arthur, but even in england when they were losing, you could just tell that they were having fun.

i know i cant really relate my personal experiences to that, but i do know that when we are having fun on the cricket field we almost always play better - as soon as we go quiet in the field we lose. thats not sledging either, unless you count sledging of your own teammates.

you can tell that they are having fun - getting mitch to grow his mo back as soon as they left aussie shores is another good example
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

i think you'll be fighting more than one opponent for that last C grade spot

What a crazy crazy year...and it hasn't even started yet.
Is grass roots sports across the board slowly dying in Australia?

In America they dont have structured grass roots sports programs - if you dont make it thats it.. could we be headed the same way?

Absolutely not.

I think you're just seeing a diversion between clubs who plan for long-term success vis a vis short term success.

Take the Club's with (arguably) the two biggest junior programs in the State. TTG are fielding a fourth side again and PNU are fielding a fourth side for the first time in their history (as PNU).

Similarly well run clubs, who have been buidling from the ground up for a number of years in Hope Valley and Old Iggies are doing the same thing.

I think what you'll find are that clubs which have historically done little to nothing to develop junior football (Brahma, Kilburn, Ovingham, Mitchell Park) are struggling whereas the Club's who put the effort in, and have been putting the effort in for a number of years are reaping the rewards.
by jo172
Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

A chicken

Greame Swann

by woodublieve12
Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Timmy & Nathan Lyon
by woodublieve12
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gilly

Gilly.jpg

Dumbo

dumbo.jpg
by BoundaryRider84
Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

they should offer Bomber an offer he cant refuse
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

Not sure how facebook posts can get a cricketer banned, do the powers that be think they are the AFL!!!

This is pathetic....

I think its great that the association have stood up against such comments no matter how they were made.

You can't go and call people such things if it isn't true.

I think the cricketing ban is the least of the players problems. I would be worried about the lawsuit that should follow.
by wycbloods
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I used to get called a pedo every day. Didn't affect me the slightest.

Well good for you :roll:

If you said that to my face I probably would be the same, wouldn't affect me in the slightest.

Write it in print media or on the internet however, different story and would pursue every legal avenue available to me.

When will some people grow a brain? :shock:
by heater31
Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F##king Facebook when will you idiots work it out.....

People are so stupid we have currently advertised for positions at work the first thing my work do once the applications are in is go through facebook and look at there profiles and filter through them. If you want ya sh!t out there post what you want! If your business is your business leave your day to day business to your self! Cause we couldn't give a f@#k anyway......

I don't think the PDCA should've suspended him for 5 years but on the other hand I think serves you right for being so stupid!
by carey
Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Wow I never knew that when the truth gets told it gets removed.
Maybe I should start talking dribble instead.
Good onya's.
Is there a mod tied up with the club I mentioned?

No, but when you make it a personal attack and start calling people knobs (or whatever it was) it will get removed - and it did.

Had you been a bit more careful about how you worded it, fair chance it might have stayed. Have a bit of a think about that.

and instead of being a keyboard warrior and having a crack at everyone like it's your god given right to randomly abuse people on this forum, if you have an issue with your post being removed, how about contacting a mod or admin in future.

Thanks
Can you moderate the AFL thread as well coz there is a lot of that sort of sh!t let go there, beeroclock only labelled a club knobs, there are far worse personal attacks that don't get removed.

Unfortunately some mods & admins also are trolling/keyboard warrioring so forums users are only following their example.
by cracka
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If anyone has an issue PM me anytime, the Mods do a great job in their own time and are the reason this is such a great site.
If you have issues with anything/anyone take it out on me and pm me to discuss.
Cheers.

Piss off hopalong FC already done the dirty work, jumping in for the glory.
Get back to moderating the IT 13yo oriental texting thread.
by Sheik Yerbouti
Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

If you ever change your name, can it be to Chicken Maaaaaaaan?

Cos you're everywhere, you're everywhere.
by Footy Chick
Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some horrid spectators at the Elizabeth V Gaza U/15 game yesterday at Eastern Park.
How do people think it's ok to heckle a 14/15 year old lad and put such a dampener on him he wants to leave the ground.
To you knobs,you are fruit loops.
Well done to the ground marshals on shutting them up.
Sitting on the outer side of the ground they were in full view and every word could be heard.
Idiots.
Hope their club deals with the fools.

I've seen all sorts of crap at the arse end of this season, the NEMJFA should seriously contemplate a no calling out policy except for coaches to give instructions, parents and spectators should be limited to applauding, the minority ruin it for the majority and clubs turn a blind eye to the bad eggs that they harbor.
It's kids footy, it's about the kids development, it's not a showcase for others to be entertained. Spectators should just spectate IMO.
Whenever I've watched my kids play (if I wasn't coaching them at the time) I'd set myself up on the other side of the ground and just sit there and watch, I'd get jibes about it but I flat out told the other parents that I don't wish to be associated with the dickhead comments that come out of other parents mouths.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

I started typing out all the CLG finals chokes but ran into the safooty word limit.
by morell
Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

Wow. What about the 14 weeks preseason before hand and the planing of the trainings.
by norm11
Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that you'd have a disagreement with someone and then have the stupidity to return and do something that could kill the other person and throw your own future away at the same time is so pointless and stupid. There's no winners.

There's virtually no situation where any sane person could think going and stabbing someone is a reasonable solution to a disagreement. I hope they throw the book at this person/these people and they enjoy getting their arses stretched in jail for a long time to come
by RustyCage
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Brahma Lodge people, have you sought help from the CDFC or SANFL in regards to junior programs?
It would seem no juniors is quite a significant problem, so it's almost imperative to start building something if you wish to survive into the future. Is it on the agenda?
If nothing else, it would increase the loyalty factor, at the moment, it's too easy to leave and go back to where you came from if things aren't going so well.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Few have a problem with paying players. It's the particular players who are being paid and what their departure meant to the club and the decision the SAAFL made which resulted. If you think the concern's entirely about money, you're being very blinkered.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

not sure if there is sound on this clip but - DONT USE MOBILE PHONES WHILST DRIVING!!
by Bully
Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |