Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

I think Mt Lofty would be aiming a bit higher than Div 6. I'd imagine the SAAFL would accept them at about Div 4 level . From an outsider looking in its actually not a bad move. Metro South is a very strong junior comp and the Amateur League at those mid range divisions don't pay out ridiculous amounts for players. So financially it would be a smart move.
i would think NOT. I reckon a few clubs might have a bit to say about that!

They are looking at Div 3 or 4. I'd suggest 4 as a starting point from what I've seen of your beloved bulldogs who won the Div 4 flag. Any lower and there wouldn't be any chance of them making the move. They also think they can emulate the success of Goodwood and rise up to win Div 1 in 5-6 years on a $40k budget ha ha. :shock: :shock:

I would agree they would have to get used to the slightly less disciplined acts that come with the lower divisions. Div 3 or 4 isn't too bad but late hits are part of the game when things get heated or one team gets on top.

I don't think it is a good thing for the HFL if Mt Lofty self destructs on this, but if the "pride" of the committee/members gets in the way of logical decisions then so be it.
by Amateur Footy
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Ironbank have used Billy too. Very good entertainment, but make sure you have plenty of cold frothies for him... the bloke can seriously drink.
by Amateur Footy
Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The HFL board only administer the league, the clubs actually govern it.

Again the HFL has no power to change the rules, its the clubs that do that.

We are not a laughing stock , if anyone or any club feels this then F*** off to another league. The constitution would be similar to other leagues, its the by-laws (which the clubs vote in) that are different & are again governed by the CLUBS. Get that through your heads, the CLUBS govern the league & can change the by-laws. The HFL has no vote on this.

There was meant to be a big board spill & vote of no confidence at last year but no one had the balls to VOLUNTEER their time & cop the crap for the CLUBS getting it wrong.

Legsman, you better put your hand up at the AGM & volunteer to get on the board as they AGAIN will be looking for helpers, then you may have your eyes opened as to how things are actually done in the HFL.

:shock: :lol:
Mate, all leagues have issues that seem ridiculous & make them look like a laughing stock, the problem is people would rather whinge about them or suggest something but not actually put their hand up to help. That was one major problem that came out of the review.

Finally a sensible post. The HFL will follow the rules as agreed and Echunga will go down unless they gather the support for a change to the by-laws. We are in no way a laughing stock and it's only people who don't understand the system that think that.

The by-laws are there to prevent exactly what has happened, a club fielding a strong A grade side without the capacity to compete in other grades. Strengthening your seniors is much easier than your juniors so you must have a solid base when you come in, though I appreciate it isn't easy to build in a dysfunctional Country junior comp. I enjoyed the trip to Echunga this season and wish they were stronger across the board so they could stay up, however I think the move up was hasty as they have now come up to Central a 2nd time without the strength across the board. They should have learnt properly from the first attempt in mid 90s.

The one thing I do agree with was the extra allocation of points to Torrens Valley this year and other clubs (including my own) over the past few years. That should be taken off the board as they have proven to not manage it as intended.

If I were to propose two by-law changes they would be:
1) Board has no ability to change the APPS points once set based on results
2) A team promoted from Country Div is not eligible for demotion in it's first season in Central (guaranteed 2 seasons) and therefore if they finish bottom of the rankings in year 1 the club finishing 2nd bottom will be in line for demotion.

Clubs would never vote the 2nd option in to apply for the current season but it should be in place for next year to provide some reassurance to clubs seeking promotion. Going up and back down quickly can really hurt a club.
by Amateur Footy
Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ivens would be 3 Delvins would be 2 because he played mainly reserves. But D.Ebert gone to kersbrook, Ebel retired , vidik retired, kluvy gone to sturt.
Any player that has played league for majority of year and goes to a country club is 4pts, unless they played junior's at your club then they are zero pts.
The AAPS is a very interesting topic, that needs a independent review and a lot of discussion. You can play in a grand final with 11pts miss the 5 next year with 9pts say you only win 5 games and next year you get 13 doesn't add up. Also teams coming from country shouldn't have their previous seasons included In your averages. Whats the thinking?

Correct. Ebel retired? Pretty keen to continue I think. I'm sure they'll have a recruit come out of the woodwork to enhance there chances of another GF appearance.
Boras - a huge in for TV. Expect to see him at the top of the goal kicking table alongside Grocke. From what I saw last year there is no one in the comp big/ good enough to stop Grocke if he is fair dinkum. May have a similar affect on the competition as S Grimm did from Hahndorf. (Watched him win a GF at Onkas from the goal square ).

Yep and Blackwood followers still have nightmares about it.
by Amateur Footy
Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

If you haven't read Gimp's post please read and if you don't agree keep reading it until you do!

The Div 1 / Div 2 structure should pit clubs of similar strength against one another yet many of you only care about senior football which would be at the expense of competitive junior football. Generally big towns = Div 1, small towns = Div 2 simple! Also move any clubs not filling juniors into a C Grade comp. Why fight so hard to change to league so you can play in a comp that you can't ever seriously compete in across all grades.

I would add to Gimps post that it is not only the AFL/SANFL that could do more. Each club can just about always do more to get into schools in the surrounding area. Schools can be 15km away, but if you are prepared to put the work in, the kids will come. You just need to find some parents willing to help (that's the hard part).
by Amateur Footy
Thu May 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |