Search found more than 1295 matches

Return

Re: Essendon 2014

LMAO these bozos are going to keep Hird.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Lonergan wants out of Geelong aswell, Dogs interested

People talk about an exodus out of Essendon, but what is going on at Geelong?

Lonergan offered a longer deal by the Bullies. Bundy has had some, erm, problems with the ladies and his Missus wants him out of Geelong and we tried to piss that spud off Varcoe but no one was silly enough to take him. This year he laid a tackle in the finals and that was enough to interest Collingwood and the Weagles.

Next question please.

Regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

As I said in my post Grand Final thread. They've bitten the hand that feeds. Too smart by half.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brendan McCartney quits as Bulldogs coach

I can't believe they have done this. McCartney has an excellent footy brain. I reckon Geelong should get him back and piss of O'Bree.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

As I said in my post Grand Final thread. They've bitten the hand that feeds. Too smart by half.

regards,

REB
Not at all... Following the rules the AFL set down to us is hardly biting the hand that feeds you. Before you bring up Lance, we freed up plenty of space for him... NOT AGAINST THE RULES!!!! The AFL approved the deal!

It's been driven by Eddie for years and has apparently sooked enough and he's got his way...

As i've stated happy for COLA to go, it will be more special when we win a flag within the next couple of years. Don't sanction us or threaten us when you already are taking it away in 2017 anyways.

To say the only reason the swans are where they are at because of COLA is ignorant and down right stupid!!

Without COLA, no Lance. I didn't say you broke the rules I said you bit the hand that feeds. The AFL wanted Buddy to go to GWS. The Swans got Buddy and the AFL was not happy. So they changed the rules. Your lot mortgaged the Farm to stump little Brother, and shat in your own nest.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't wait to see what sort of game plan Chris Scott is looking to implement at Geelong with Hawkins/Clark/Stanley all in the side - sounds like a kick it in quick, long and high (if that's possible) and hope someone can take a mark. Not quite sure how this is going to play out!

Especially now Bundy and Varcoe aren't there to crumb!

Bundy played ten games and Varcoe zero. Kick in high and long IS Scott's game plan.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:So Adelaide have made no trades?

Why disrupt a top 2 list? ;)

Fair comment. Second best list in SA.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

am Bays wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:lots normal fuctioning dudes have taken drugs in social situations - in small doses its not that bigger deal really

Now we know The Sleeping Giants new user name.....

Lance Armstrong functioned pretty well.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

gossipgirl wrote:do port now become premiership favourites with the addition of vossy and ryder ?

Only if Stevic isn't umpiring when they play Hawthorn or it's a threepeat.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Pup wrote:Game Abandoned

Comp abandoned.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Q. wrote:More than liveable on a six figure salary.

Talking from experience? :)

Of course. Q is a Norwood man. We are all rolling in it.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

We are so crap now that Port and Freo is considered the blockbuster of round one.

regards,

REB

I was about to disagree with that part of the original post too but then thought better of it. It takes two teams to make it a blockbuster ;)

I wish Kennett would open his big gob again! These five goal losses aren't as much fun as the one kick wins. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

We are fully f**ked now

Excellent. Wonder who will get the blame this time? No way can it be Australia got out played must be the pitch? The toss? Injuries? Bet ya bottom dollar there will be a reason.

And it simply won't be "We weren't good enough"

Simple equation
The pitch
Australia struggle on these decks

Purely speculation :
If this game was in Australia would almost certainly win
Play this game in England Australia should win
Play this game in India Pakistan prob would win

Congrats to PA on doctoring the deck and gaining a short term win
Long term, they are never likely to dominate world cricket and be number 1 , like Australia has

Turn it up. It's up to the Home side to prepare the pitch as they see fit. If we aren't good enough then that's our problem. Long term, we won't be dominating World Cricket unless more of our players learn to bowl and play spin.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

Q. wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Hearing we are playing the Crows at Etihad in the last round

That will be a Sunday game ;)

Q is for Quality.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think Sayers is going to miss out.

That will hurt me more than I can say.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Name your top 3 in 2015. The rest doesn't count.

You label you, label me...so I dub thee unforgiven...

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WORST SONG EVER

Katie Perry Ro-ar-ar-ar or that new Veronica's shit. Shut the **** up bitch.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

After it was covered by Merseyside outfit Gerry and the Pacemakers.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GONG or Wronggggggg

Shit shot but who the **** is Dave Edwards?

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 afl ladder

If you are good enough then the draw is irrelavant. Look at Geelong 2011 and Hawthorn over the past couple of years. Hard draw - premiers. Only mediocre teams are affected by the draw in my view. If Port go 3-2 over those first five they can really launch at the top two. Port just needs a little more luck with injury next season as they cost you your top four spot last season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Seems like Chapman might be shown the door just so they can get Cooney. LMAO.

regards,

REB
All sorted, Chappy staying on
Yesterdays Herald Sun reported that it all fell over & he is gone.

Hirdy or Bomber...we'll have Hird thanks
Cooney or Chapman...see ya Chapstick.

Thanks for coming Essendon.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Just **** LOL at that summary BM.

You dont recruit 2 fringe players from the best team the comp has ever seen and not play them. Cheney will finish top 10 in your B&F and Lowden will play every game.
Podsiadly is finished
Jaensch/ Shaw not up to it.
Betts goes missing when it counts against the good teams.
Walker will never challenge for the Coleman, i must have missed when he ever has, he's just not that good. On par with Waite.
The entire midfield burns the footy by foot.

Having said that they will make the 8, the beauty of the "fixture"

wow....

Ever???

Essendon 1985
Hawthorn 1989
West Coast 1994
Carlton 1995
Essendon 2000
Brisbane 2001
Geelong 2007
Collingwood 2010

All have these Hawks covered. Standard of the league is shit now with 18 teams. Daisy trolling again.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

woodublieve12 wrote:Seems to be ALOT of pressure on Paddy Ryder.. Saying he's the missing link to winning a flag is huge!!! Has he earnt that rep??

If Kenny comes out and says "leave him alone, all of you" look out.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Saffers - One day Series

Q. wrote:I reckon she's pretty good. Better than **** like Healy and that fake tan Pom.

Healy is bad but it's Brayshaw that annoys me.

REGARDS,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 things you don't want to see in 2015

1. A Hawthorn Flag

Hate the Hawks but you have to respect them. Well coached, excellent recruitment and play a watchable brand of Footy but FFS enough is enough. The fact that I'll probably end up cheering on ******* Port is just another reason to hate these piss and shit wankers.

2. Fremantle

Ross Lyon can GTFO as well. Despite having the very watchable Nat Fyfe in their team Freo are boring as batshit to watch. God help Footy if this clown ever coaches a premiership side. Surely Pav, Sandi and McPharlin are on their last legs. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Dockers.

3. Menzel #5

No, not a dodgy nineties hit but the dodgy knees of Dan Menzel. If ever a kid deserves a change in fortune it is the cursed Cat. He's toned right down and is doing a full pre-season. Let's hope he gets through the year.

4. Melbourne spooning up

The off field talent is becoming formidable at Demonland and if they can learn to develop their players the only way is up for Melbourne. Few footy fans would begrudge the Demons climbing up the ladder.

5. Varcoe going bunta at Collingwood

Travis Varcoe was easily the most frustrating Cat to watch last season. Inconsistent, lazy, selective, soft..he didn't lay a tackle until the finals. Well, that's what it seemed like to aggravated Cat fans. He never got back to that 2011 form. If Trav suddenly turns into Andrew McLeod this year us Cats will be hissing again.

Honourable mentions to Bruce, BT and David King.

Regards,

REB

Totally agree with all them REB except 1 and 5 of course.
Im glad you still hate us

My top 5
1. James Hird
2. The 34 Essendon players
3. Sydney finish 2nd to the Hawks again....not
4. Danger sign with Adelaide
5. Footy following the cricket with faaaarking female commentators

Number 1. Good call.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Furious, SA again bows to the Easten States, I'll take a refund and Cricket Australia can get stuffed.

Crap. What else could they do in a World Cup Year. You'll get your refund and someone else gets your seat, everyone wins. They'll pack out the place to say farewell to Hughes. What an emotonal moment it will be when they line up on day one.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haven't been watching today but has Siddle looked threatening at all? A lucky Andrew Bichel is Siddle.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

bennymacca wrote:If electrical engineers are glorified sparkles then civil engineers are glorified council workers :)

Nothing is more glorious than being a Council worker Benny. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If electrical engineers are glorified sparkles then civil engineers are glorified council workers :)

Nothing is more glorious than being a Council worker Benny. :)

regards,

REB

Lmao

I've come along way. I used to be the guy that leans on the shovel but now I'm the third supervisor with six supervisors below me and only two above. A few more years of this and I'll be the guy that taps the clipboard with his pen.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coach Bombay wrote:in short, why are siddle and harris out?

Harris' knees can't cope with four tests in four weeks and Siddle is shit.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

I should coach the SA team. My mighty Under 12s haven't been bowled out for under a hundred all season. That's more than TWICE as many as 45. ;)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love the short reply, short working weeks and short girls...not so keen on short bowling.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your top 5 cricket books

1. WG Grace - Simon Rae

This is a brilliant book about the Great Cricketer that I have read and reread on many occasions. This book does not diefy WG and presents a 'warts and all' look at perhaps the most controversial figure in Cricket history. When you read this book you will soon learn how WG Grace was perhaps the first sport 'superstar'. He was bigger than the game itself and his dominance over his peers almost rivals Bradman. Brilliantly written with some excellent cricket and non-cricket photographs and with a solid statistical summation as well.

2. Jack Fingelton: The man who stood up to Bradman - Geoff Growden

Growing up I thought of Jack Fingleton like many others did at the time, just one of many jealous peers of the incomporable Don who were making whine with sour grapes. However after reading this book it is clear there are not only two sides 'to the story' but there were also two sides to the Australian dressing room at the time in relation to religous divisions as in Catholics and Church of England. A massive bone of contention between Jack and Don over the many decades was the infamous press 'leak' at the Bodyline test in Adelaide. Both men (journalists) strenously denied that they were the source of the leak and it something that Fingleton never forgave Bradman for an vice versa. A fascinating read and a comprehensive inside look at the dressing room of a bygone era.

3. Calling all Cricketers - The NSWCA Coaching Manual.

I first read my Grandfather's copy of this book on school holidays. Why oh why didn't I pay attention! A very thorough book with step by step photos of where your body should be and how to perform the correct techniques of various skills of the game showing pictures of the star players of the day such as Keith Miller and Ray Lindwall and Lindsey Hassett. It also has what seems to be a quaint chapter today on crickett ettiquette which is worth the read alone. Not many manuals are good reading but this one is. As a junior coach I still refer to this volume today.

4. The Reasons Why - Bob SImpson

After Greg Chappell, Rod Marsh and Dennis Lillee quit, Australia were shit. Allan Border was the last one standing and a bit like Bomber at Geelong before the flags came, we had one man trying to do everything. Enter, and not for the first time when we were in trouble, RB Simpson. Bobby didn't don the whites like he did during the WSC days but his legacy was even more enduring this time around. He became out Cricket coach. Bob's methods soon gave us our swagger back and this book is an excellent depiction of the period from when Simpson first got the gig to the successfull Ashes tour of 1989 and the confrontational series against the West Indies in 1991. Allan Border has been rightly recognised for his efforts to bring Australia back to where they should be but Bob Simpson's role in our resurgence cannot be underestimated. One downside of this book is he is a bit on the defensive at times as you can see by the title.

5. Lambs to the Slaughter - Graham Yallop

Graham Yallop is perhaps one of the saddest cricketers in history. Not in the tragical Hughes or broken hero Larwood sense but here was a man with immense talent who was literally fed to the English Lion. Graham Yallop's 'Lambs' were slaughtered 5-1 by a full strength English team in 1978-79 as Australia went in without the gun WSC players. Even worse, Yallop did a 'Glen McGrath' and predicted a whitewash. With only five tests in three years prior to being made Captain Yallop was hopelessly out of his depth and this book is a cry of anguish from a very frustrated man who did not command the respect of his players. I recommend this one to any English Cricket fan who is still hurting from the whitewash last year.

6. Spun Out: The unauthorised (Warne) Biography - Paul Barry

Shane Warne is perhaps the finest cricket brain we have seen in the last three decades. The way he thinks about the game is almost clinical without sacrificing the love of the sport which he still clearly has. He also loves mobile phones, blondes and himself but I'm not sure about the order. Don't bother with the authorised biography of Warne, that will be just the Shane Warne show and you can get that by watching Test Cricket this summer. Barry's book has been described as 'a hatchet job' but I don't think this is entirely fair. Barry paints Warne as a flawed genius. He praises his achievements, his aura and his knowledge and love of the game but pulls no punches about Warne's indiscretions. A great read about a great cricketer who might be a shit bloke. Personally, I think he's a good bloke who shit in his nest.

7. Hitting accross the line - Viv Richards

Viv Richards was the most attacking batsmen I can remember from the West Indies and his personna was a macho tough exterior..not wearing a helmet facing Lillee and Thomson man what balls. However, this book is a bit defensive. Leave our team alone, you should have seen what we copped in Australia, what do you mean Grovel Tony? I don't think Viv needed to defend anyone, he should have stayed on the attack. However, his genuine love for the game and his nation come through. An honest book about an honest bloke who made genuine friendships with blokes in the other dressing room. Viv always gave his best no matter what cap he was wearing and his editors should have suggested that he omitted the 'leave our team alone' stuff out of this book. A very good read.

8. The Gloves of Irony - Rod Marsh

Loved Marshy growing up. Still miss seeing him behind the stumps today. There hasn't been a better keeper to the fast bowling for Australia that I can remember since. In his early days he was called 'Iron Gloves' which suggests he had a rocky start. Imagine keeping wicket to Thomson though. He didn't know where the balls were going so good luck to the batsman and wicketkeeper. This book is a one sitting job. Not all that many pages but the reason I like this one is it gives an insight to the 1981 Tour of England, one of the most gutwrenching losses that an Australian Test team has had in my forty years of watching the game. In at least two tests we had the Poms done and dusted. In this book Rod said 'Botham's 5/1 made me cry' . I made me realise as a teenager that the players feel the losses much tougher than the kids at home listening on the radio.

9. Beyond Ten Thousand - Allan Border

This is a good read from Pugsley and a top summation of the gutsiest player I have ever seen play for Australia. Yeah, Rick McCosker faced up to the Poms with a busted face and Bruce Laird, Steve Waugh and David Boon's courage was legendary but give me AB if I wanted someone to bat for my life. Unlike some cricketers, AB doesn't appear to have a big ego and he readily acknowledges others. Ten thousand runs was a massive achievement when Border first did it. This one tends to stick to 'just the facts' and isn't as well written as the other books in this list but it is a must for AB fans and for anyone who is old enough to remember Border's part in Australian Cricket History.

10. Boycott - The Autobiography

Boycott is an arsehole. Worse he is a boring arsehold. Worse again he's an boring English arsehole. But loathe him or hate him he was a massive obstacle for anyone playing England for many years. In an era when England weren't exactly rolling out class players (apologies to Underwood, Knott and Botham) Boycott was literally an immovable object. And man what an ego this bloke has. Read this and you can see that he came from a shit background and the reason he was like a rock is because he was one tough bastard who literally batted for his life. At times he shows real charm but resentment and ego and unintentional comedy are sometimes never far away. Worth a read.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol. mally trolling like usual. :)

Terrible by Watto and Marsh today. Watto has been worked out like a long splinter at International level and a marsh once again proving he can't cut the mustard at Test level when he chased a wide one minutes after being dropped playing a shot that was just as ugly. You wouldn't hang Warner on his bad shot today and Rogers showed once again that when the pace is on the ball he can do a job. It's when the pace is off the ball and or wicket that you can see he doesn't have a method for that.

Smith is mining a rich vein of form at the moment and Mitch Marsh would have batted down the list if you could count on Haddin not coughing up his wicket before the close of play. Mitch plays on instinct with the courage of youth and he was clearly hampered tonight.

I thought Yadav and Ashwin bowled well today and once again Ishant showed his lack of consistency. Highlight of the day was Hazelwood getting five for on debut and Steve Smith growing in stature before our very eyes. This Indian team are showing a lot of heart and are a much tougher proposition than the complacent English unit of last year.

They would be earning some genuine respect from the Cricketing public if not for the fact that Dhawan and Kholi appear to be gigantic tosspots. Oh well, we have Warner and Watto for that.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

When you're stooping to material made by Crowtards on Facebook, you've got more problems than a geriatric with a second hand pink helicopter and blonde nutter on his arm. ;)

Crowtards ha ha ha. And thus, a new word has made a spectacular entrance into Football lexicon. Nice job Booney!

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The byes he let through in Adelaide were miles away from him though. And he's way better than Healy IMO.

No way. Healy appealed and went for the ball at the same time and Haddin sometimes doesn't. Sitting there looking at the stumps in shock at how the ball missed and meanwhile the ball is going past him. He's not fit to pack Healy's kit.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your top 5 cricket books

I can fully understand Yallop and Boycott's reluctance to face Messers Holding and Thomson. Of the West Indies bowlers I reckon Andy Roberts would have been the scariest to face. He would bowl a 'slow' bouncer and then follow it up with a real fast one. It was this move that earnt David Hookes a ride in Packer's Jag.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014-2015 20/20 Whinge Thread

Got the brother in law over at the moment and he is normal (i.e. in the majority) when it comes to Teeball. He was watching the game and tea was on so I'd thought I'd have a bit of a bo peep. I'll give it a chance I thought. Nek minnet truly horrible ugly shots, friggin fireworks and Andy Maher. I'd soon seen enough. It doe$ create something but it means nothing. I'm not sure if it's beneficial for Ashton Agar's cricket in particular for him to be playing in this format.

I know it's here to stay but **** me I hate this shit.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Dogwatcher wrote:Mal, she must have been a savvy-blanced woman.

Well played. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

standing in bras n things at harbourtown while the missus is in the change rooms.

i look like a creep with a mad stare normally, so putting me in a female under garment shop by myself does not make me look good....

Man up and stay home and watch the cricket when she goes out shopping. Poor form.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hogg Division III 2015

Updated
by Rik E Boy
Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No need to move on. The more teeball is played the faster everyone sees it for what it is and the sooner the novelty will wear off. Happy for it to exist to pay the bills as long as it can. My only whinge is that as a sports fan January now sucks balls. FFS put a few Shield games on.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hogg Division V 2015

This is the seeded list of coaches to be invited to Hogg Division VI. A couple of teams have been taken out of last year's field. Four teams were promoted and all of the double up sides who were invited to complete the league last year have also been removed. Another team that will not be participating in the Hogg this year is the MIGHTYEaglesXVIII team that was coached by Mighty Eags. Mighty Eags passed away last year, R.I.P. Jamie. :(

We already have one new coach for the Hogg this year, Kelly Creation.

HOGG DIVISION VI 2015

1 TheKickingKangaroo Moe Jr 44727
2 Failed Creation Failed Creation 43397
3 Leisa's Lovelies Leisa 43260
4 iSwitCh Lily T 40531
5 Brendamage Brendo 40123
6 Izshi 18 Andy 39529
7 Cellar Dwellers mickey 38129
8 Evil Penguins Footy Chick 36517
9 St Brays Saints Alex 36119
10 Bretts razorbacks Bretty 35995
11 Letmebackinwedgie! Media Park 34233
12 Thiele Cows Theile 30945
13 Mustangs Strawb 27603
14 Kelly Creation Kelly Creation 0 NEW

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2015 Hogg Shield Information and Q&A Thread

Gidday viewers. Time for a Hogg Update.

What is the Hogg Shield?

The Hogg Shield is a multi-divisional set of leagues that plays Supercoach fantasy AFL. The Hogg Shield is named after former and sometimes still playing Cricketer Bradley George Hogg. It was set up by a bunch of board IT types who should have been working. The first (AFL) Hogg was run in the 2007 season.

As each year passed more and more divisions were added and last season we had 122 coaches (plus two automatic Journo entries) take part.

Seeded pre-season invites

Already posted are threads for each Hogg League for 2015. The leagues are listed in seeded order based on that team's 2014 SuperCoach score. Please note that these pre-season league lists are provisional. In the event that any coach does not wish to enter the Hogg then the highest ranked team from the league below will be invited to fill that spot.

It is possible to be 'leapfrogged' by coaches who might have been in a lower league than you last season if they outscored you. If someone 'leapfrogs' you they are not taking your place in a higher league, they are taking the place of a team that has dropped out. A big candidate to leapfrog this year is Adelaide Crows who outscored everyone in the Hogg last year. It is not possible for a team to be automatically promoted into Premier League if they have not participated in Hogg Division I.

If you were relegated last year you won't be sent down a further division just because someone outscored you last year in a lower Division.

Keep your eyes open in the league threads and on your PM box or email accounts because the invites will be flying thick and fast once SuperCoach opens in February.

New and Returning Coaches

If you have been in the Hogg before your seeding will be based on your last recorded score for the season. Returning coaches will be placed in the highest available league and can be promoted up to Hogg Division I .

If you are a new Hogg coach please PM me with your 2014 SuperCoach score (if applicable). I don't need to know how many years you have played or what position you were ranked, just the final score. New coaches who have played before can be promoted as high as Hogg Division IV . If you are a SuperCoach rookie then you will be placed in Hogg Division VI (or V if we don't get enough coaches this season).

Captain my Captain!

The Hogg works better when there isn't a 'REB' team in every division. I lose too many Grand Finals and frankly, it's embarrassing! ;) I will need someone captains for the following divisions..

Hogg Division I
Hogg Division III
Hogg Division V

All you need to do is post weekly results, what everyone's score is for the season to date and what the league ranking is. If you want you can do some writeups and such if you are a mad keen SC tragic like myself.

I'm a lazy man, Roger! (Deadlines and Cutbacks)

In the past we have had a Hogg Deadline and I've sent out countless emails to try and get coaches to sign up to the Hogg in order to get the comp to grow. Right now I don't care how big the Hogg is and I'd be happy with a few less leagues to be honest. This season I've decided to scrap Champions League because about twelve teams are in Hogg Elite and Hogg Champions. The Hogg Elite league has pretty much replaced the Champions league.

As for the deadline, this will be about seven days before the final lockout. If you have not taken your invite by then it will be offered to the person with the highest ranking from the league below (see above). However, if any new coaches want to join there will always be room but get your shit together folks because I'm not chasing anyone this year.

OK Chaps and chapesses, now I'm off to try and figure out what to do with my backline! Good luck in the Hogg in 2015.

regards

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fast bowlers have always been prone to these injuries, particularly stress fractures.

Could it be a case that alot of the older bowlers played through these injuries because they put it down to general soreness as technology may not have picked up a lot of the smaller fractures etc

Where these day technology is so advanced any slight injury can be picked up through X-ray, scans, etc etc

Fast bowlers in the past got hurt and had shorter careers. Bruce Reid a prime example but Thommo had his effectiveness curtailed when he crashed into Alan Turner I think it was against Pakistan. Have a look at Mitch. He's taken a lot of wickets and played a lot of Tests. In the past his foot problem may have finished him. Merv Hughes was destroyed in England in 1993, today he would be managed and might have been another to have a longer Career today.

Bowlers started to get hurt more when they're was first more tours and then more formats. A lot of younger bowlers have a mixed approach to the wicket (i.e not fully side or front on and twisting their bodies at the point of delivery) and this combined with too heavy a load on young players has led to injury. At the junior level there are limits as to how much bowling a kid can do but you try and hold back an 18 or 19 year old that just wants to bowl as fast as they can.

We need more bowlers because there is more cricket. Disagree with the post above ( not yours) that says bowlers are soft. Can't be much fun charging in on Roads against batsmen using tree trunks to drop kick the ball over a shortened boundary.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2015

Browny25 wrote:Pretty sure its Browny's year ;)

...to get relegated. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:RIP Ron Hovey

I recalled the name and I thought 'hmm, former Club President'. After Googling him up I learnt he was much more than that. Premiership Player, Captain, Club benefactor and supporter and former President. Six decades of Cat Devotion.

RIP Ron, a true Catter.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

******* Haddin though. Just retire already. He's cooked.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Hehe.

20/20 is the perfect length of time for young kids and TV. No reason to shorten it further.

When the novelty wears off watch it happen.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

heater31 wrote:Mate Europe does a shit load better in a lot of things better than Adelaide.

We are way ahead after 200 years though. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |