Search found more than 1287 matches

Return

Re: New umpire recruited

At least they wont be going off for bad light....

Player - have you seen the light?
Pope - why of course my son.

Play on, crowd gets to watch cricket for a change.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Joel Corey has retired from AFL, im not a Geelong fan but its hard to dislike him as a player, been a great player for Geelong over a very long period and is probably one of the most underated players to be a 2 x All Australian 2x club champion and 3x premiership player and averaged 25 disposals in his 4 grand final appearances for the Cats. Well Played

Well done Smiffy such an effective grunt player. Played a pivotal role in our rise with his professionalism on and off the track providing great leadership right up to the end. When he started he was a skinny bugger but he did the work and bulked up to be a key midfield player during our greatest ever era.

Well done Joel Corey. =D>

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

24laceup wrote:I blame the ONE CLUB!!

I blame the Norwood Board!

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Todays friendly health warning...

There has been a rash of cases lately but details have been spotty at best....

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

I like it.
The only problem I have is that of the avatar positioning - it makes it that bit harder to identify who's posting, as naturally your eye goes to the left of the page (in whatever you're reading), so I have to search for the poster's name, which is a bit smaller.

Apart from that, I reckon it's ok.

Then you realise it's only Flanders so you scroll on. :D

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nup cant blame him at all. He has a premiership and now will leave the game with a healthy bank account. WIN WIN WIN for him, GWS and Collingwood who get well compensated with Taylor Adams and pick 36.

Yep, everyone's a winner here...except for Geelong who missed out on both players.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dear Dr REB....

Dear Ring of Fire,

any prolonged exposure to the staining agent Nasser Hussain is always going to result in an inflamed rectum. The prolonged hatred of this agent towards our species is toxic to all Australians and will result in an uncontrollable urge to defecate repeatedly. Interestingly enough, Dr Turdmore wrote of this effect in The Lancet . The disease you have been suffering from is Nasser Hashitmeitis. Please take three India v Australia One Dayers and see me in the morning.

Due to patient-doctor confidentiality, I am unable to disclose whether or not Mr Broad has his testicles tucked away, Peter Griffen like on his chin. However, you do not need to read the case notes to confirm the obvious.

regards,

Dr REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nathan Bassett

fester69 wrote:Funny, funny!!
Okay let's narrow it down - by lesser clubs I really mean Woodville - West Torrens Eagles, Peckers, Warriors!

And that other club that couldn't win a flag until the SANFL became a feeder league, let's not forget them.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nathan Bassett

Ian wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Sad for the SANFL

sadder for Essendon supporters, FFS the club had had enough lows in the past year, this takes it too a whole new depth :evil:

Yeah it really sucks winning premierships. 91 LOL.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:J Pod to the crows

So you blokes were short of flat track bullies on your list?

Pick him when you play teams in the bottom half of the ladder, no point playing him against the top sides.

Pick him whenever your number one target is Lynch.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boyd sacked??

I love how this thread went from..." oh no...what are we goung to do..." to..." he's a big headed selfish player and good riddance"

This is why I stopped coming on this site ... too much arrogance and bullshit.... ok now bring on the abuse....
Have you read the thread at all? I just went back through it all and you are well off the mark.

- there's been no 'good riddance' post from anyone
- the only big-headed comments were from a South supporter
- there's general confusion from dogs supporters about the situation

Lastly, if you stopped coming here why are you here?

Told!
by Rik E Boy
Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2013

Well North your 2007 is soon upon you. Geelong are done, Hawthorn will be about the place and so will $ydney as the AFL deems it so. Fremantle will be a tough opponent. I can see these four sides making the top four. I don't reckon any team will ever do what Geelong did in 2007, but the Roos could hop over the lot next season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Katie Perry 'Eye of the TIger' and you're going to hear me roar-or-or-or ACK. Utter shite.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Rest of Australia feels the same way about port v crows.

Not quite. While the Crows might be a souless corporate entity, at least Port are a real club and the rivalry with the Cows is also real. Nothing about Football in NSW is real, it's all fake. That's why the Football World are quick to try on such myths as the 'no dickheads' policy and the 'bloods culture' or people in Melbourne would be just as disinterested as your average Sydneysider as soon as the Swans lose a couple of games on the trot.

GWS have no fans and Swans fans only get excited about the Giants because it gives them yet another leg up. Even Sydney couldn't give a stuff about the fabricated derby.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

holden78 wrote:Looks like Norwood's effort's to talk Godden over have been rejected even though he only has one year left on his contract.
Maybe loyalty isn't spelt with a $. Who knew!

You're Shit.

And you know it.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WG GRACE

WG Grace was a giant of the game in more ways than one. Yeah his average by today's standards was mediocre but compare his efforts to his contempories, he is almost Bradmanlike in his towering advantage over them. When WG started playing Centuries were a rare event. When WG was an old man he was still scoring more centuries than everyone else. His dominance of his period was very dominant. People used to come just to see WG play and not just in England.

WG might have excelled in gamesmanship (some might call it cheating) but his very presence legitmised Test Cricket when it wasn't the force it is today. WGs test record isn't in the best XI of all time but he deserves to be in the First XI of the last 150 Years. Read Simon Rae's excellent 'W.G. Grace' and you'll see why.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Squids wrote:MARK WILLIAMS

Squiddley's back. Back again. Yes he's back, call a friend....Yes he's back yes he's back yes he's back yes he's back ner ner na....

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Turbo wrote:Reckon the afl would love to see st Kilda relocate. Maybe the first NZ team??

Spot on Turbs. They'll have better luck with the local school girls who have to compete with the sheep....

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL feels need to emphasise risks of ducking

LMAO. The AFL changes a rule that didn't need to be changed in the first place and then needs to hold a summit to figure out how to put things back to they were in the first place.

Here's an idea you tards STOP ******* WITH THE RULES and leave the game alone.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

I've been a harsh critic of Johnson in the past, never forgiven him for his Lords performance of 2009. However, his pace is good and his lines appear tighter. I believe he has done his pennance and will do well in this series. There are players I rate and players I don't but once they put on that Baggy Green I want them to do well.

Hope he tears them a new one at the Gabba. No Hughes and no Khawaja is good and Bailey deserves his shot.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

Absolutely no confidence in our batting.

Bailey will last two tests at most imo.

Top order remains the problem. A 35 year old, a swing and miss merchant and an injury prone all rounder who doesn't want to bat there. Bailey must play all summer as khawaja and hughes are utter horseshit. Kicking blokes out after two tests does nothing for the player or the side. If we pick Bailey we must back him.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blocking the move why didn't we think of that. Come back Sando, Milburn, Scarlo, Mooney, Hinkley, McCartney, Thompson....

He's already gone blocking won't change that. Foolish move by Koch.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

valleys07 wrote:Boyd and Kelly 1 & 2 for mine.

Port will look at Michael Appeness (200cm 98kg forward / ruckman) from Vic Metro, or possibly Trent Dumont.

Sydney would pick Apeness wouldn't they/ 8-[

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pafc1870 wrote:
tigerhutch wrote:Why so many people so JEALOUS 8)

Of?

A 17 year premiership drought.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:why they catch and kill sharks that attack surfers

surely when us humans enter the ocean where sharks live we do so at our own risk........

Good call. If they stay out of my bar I'll stay the **** out of their ocean.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

I would rather see any centrals player playing the highest level, or giving themselves the greatest chance of personal development.

So for younger players that means playing in the AFL environment year round - I think it's a no brainier that this is a good thing for them.

For someone like nutta, opportunity to captain as well as development and coaching roles make it a no brainier for him too. So good luck to him I reckon

I think what has everyone up in arms is that for the first time the paradigm shift that happened 22 years ago is finally codified - the SANFL is primarily a breeding ground for AFL players. I, for one, don't think this is a bad thing, and I don't think it diminishes the importance or the integrity of the league either. It's just different. Once the season is underway I think it will be business as usual, save for the inevitable "OMG the crows reserves are top/bottom"

You're right. Players are much less selfish than fans. Yeah, nah....fan loyalty is the only loyalty left in the game.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

give silk/head a few more years before they get picked. otherwise it will be another hughes situation all over again.

3 years time they will still be younger than anyone else in the current team.

i could see them bringing faulkner in for bailey just so that harris and siddle dont have to bowl 30 overs each

Good call. Although I haven't seen that much of Head but that's what happens when you get married.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SACA apply to CA

I'm sure the SCG will be available for whoever we play.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2013

Just because Vlad is sticking to the traditional AFL drugs procedure of sweeping it under the carpert doesn't mean that Essendon or Hird aren't a bunch of cheats. The AFL comisson has bent over and taken it up the poop chute as soon as the golden haired boy threatened to call the lawyers. The way the AFL has handled, or rather not handled this situation is arguably a bigger issue than the original indiscretion by the Essendon Football Club.

You have to think that truly independent bodies will take a dim view of the way the Vlad administration has given Hird and Essendon a sound thrashing with a wet lettuce leaf.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

valleys07 wrote:Great work lads!

Boo Hiss! ;)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Accoustic songs

Thank You
Bron-Y-Aur
Tangerine
Gallows Pole
That's the Way
Black Mountainside

Get the Led out.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

Nothing has happened yet to base a judgement on as the Liberals are still trying to decipher the confusion in the mess left behind and work out what they have to do. Only prejudicial presumption rules here at present.

As I've said before, though I am a Liberal Party member, I'm not a big Abbott fan either.
But I'll wait and see before I start pushing for his replacement.,

He did do a good job sorting out the mess his (Liberal) predecessor had made of the Health portfolio, when he took it over in 2003.

- Signing/Threating to sign the TPP 'agreement' before the Sentate sees it. Phillip Morris is planning to sue us to get their prett pictures back on their deadly product. Expect more of this shit if this agreement gets signed
- Gonski backflip when Pyne hasn't even read the report
- Threating to cut the funding of the ABC because it dares to bad mouth the government
- Offending China
- Offending Indonesia
- Offending East Timor
- Deleting articles from the Tony Abbott website that contradict his current position on various matters
- Censorship being raised to an artform - authorising the Militar to say **** all on Soveriegn Borders
- High court challeges to prevent homosexual marriages
- Establishing a debt-ceiling at a time when he was supposed to be reigning in debt responsibly
- Introduction of new powers to prevent protestors in Tasmania from entering a 'worksite'
- Dredging the great barrier reef marine park
- Raiding Women's superannuation
- Reneging on a payrise for Child Care Workers while at the same time handing out the usual Tax cut to the Rich
- Repealing Anti-Vilification legislation
- Closing down GrainCorp negotiation in a so called 'open for business' government, now he has to play tough on Holden and QANTAS.
- Despite the meltdown in Japan, thinking of creating a Nuclear Power plant in FNQ
- Attempting to change the rules on how the Governor General is selected because of Quentin Bryce's dissent

This is a corporate dictatorship, paid for by Murdoch and Reinhardt. These clowns have no idea that they were voted in TO REPRESENT US, not sell us as products to multinationals. Abbot doesn't give a shit because like George W Bush, he's been bought and paid for and they are now coming to collect.

It will take us decades to recover from this government.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2013

Squids wrote:1.8mil loss

Sanderson contracted extended for 2 years

Could be worse,, they could have Mick with his 2010 game plan.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2013

Jim05 wrote:Who says a good scandal doesnt hurt?
AFL figures released shows that Essendon featured in the top 3 highest watched games of the season and 4 of the top 6.
Essendon v Geelong in round 7 was the highest watched home and away game of 2013

What do you expect? Cat game. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Better length by England today. A perfect example of what we need to do shortly....shortly? Bad choice of word there!

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

Kallis is an absolute gun, one of the best players ever. However, I am of the belief that is one of the cases when the numbers do lie. What I'm trying to say is who is the better batsman, Kallis or Viv Richards? Stats say Kallis, I would say Richards. Who was the better bowler, Kallis or Akram? Stats might say Kallis but I say Akram.

Kallis was just a freak. A solid player in all facets of the game who as a complete package has probably only been surpassed by Garfield Sobers. But best Crickter ever? I'd say Warne, Ponting, Richards, Tendulkar....but perhaps the stats lie. Kallis was remarkable, but more for the sheer will for the contest, the ability to grind out runs, wickets and catches. He was a cricket machine. I prefer my cricketers to play with a bit more flair. I'd like all of them in my side.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who saved Test Cricket?

Test cricket hasn't come out as the elite form of the game, it has always been so. As for it being 'saved' it is a long way from that. If Test Cricket was saved it was saved by attacking captains Illingworth and I Chappell in the early seventies and the emergence of one day cricket.

In Australia and England Test Cricket is well attended but not so everywhere else. South Africa have the best team in the world but only around 9000 people turned up for their boxing day clash against the number two ranked Indians. Test Cricket is a long way from being saved and that's why Teeball was invented (oh and for the ca$h).

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

And so ends another Cricket season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

mal wrote:Which 2 players will SA have to pick to cover Jaques Kallis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, is there an adequate replacement for Jaques ?

What are you on about mal? They'll replace Kallis as easily as we replaced Warne.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Your comment about their lack of fight is spot one. Being in Europe and due to the time differences I woke up (4th and 5th test only) to repeatedly find the poms failed, I'd go to bed thinking gee if the poms put in a good session or 2 here we could be in trouble but it never happened. They flat out laid down and I'm glad I'm in the mother land to let them know about it!!

Nice work. However, now that the Tests are over it is now football season so I am obliged to say that I'm glad a Collingwood supporter is out of the country as well. Got enough of the **** over here as it is. ;)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Just when you thought Mighty Eagles "Nurses" thread and UK Fan's "Norwood screwed" thread couldn't be trumped along comes Apache with this ripsnorter.

I dips me lid to you, Apache. I dips me lid.

Who have Norwood screwed over more? Centrals. Who can't fathom that the SANFL was in fact compromised in 1991? Centrals. Problem Solvered.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Might be a windy series...no Bails...

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2014 season

I hope for no asterix teams to make it

Bye bye Blues.

regards,

REB

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/02/17/1226579/820836-130217-weapon.jpg

http://www.blueseum.org/img/wiki_up/sorielly.jpg

Nek Minet..

http://p.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/B1008036726/Wooden-Spoons.jpg

Thanks for playing.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Invites Out

The invites for all Hogg teams have been sent out to everyone except for Division V CHAMPS coached by someone called Shane and Division VI Scros Swimmers coached by someone called Tom. I can't invite you guys because I don't know who the **** you are. If someone knows who they are could they please post in this thread or PM me so I can send out the invites to those guys.

If you are playing in the Hogg this year please put your teams in because this time of the year is the biggest pain in the arse every season. Don't be one of those wackers who still hasn't put their team in by early March and I don't know if you are going around again or not. Continuing on with the Hogg is not compulsory, if you have had enough please let me know and I can promote someone to take your spot.

I still need a skipper for Divvy III and Divvy V so some hands up there would be nice as well.

If you haven't played Hogg before but would like to do so, please post last year's score if you have it or let me know if you are a rookie. We already have quite a few new and returning coaches this season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Chuck Wepner wrote:Sounds like common sense may prevail after all.Nigel "not so" smart it seems. :lol:

He's plenty smart. Facebook has gone off and everyone is talking about the game. He probably knew it wouldn't fly in the first place.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been following Test Cricket since the 70s and I cannot recall a period of sustained excellence from a fast bowler that matches Mitchell Johnson's current run. 49 wickets in six tests is amazing. That ball he badged Amla with was an absolute corker, unplayable.

Every now and then he drifts back into 'old mitch' mode but Clarke seems to take him out of the attack when signs appear. Brilliant bowling and brilliant Captaincy.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Pag wrote:After losing to Melbourne on Friday, I'm looking forward to getting the #1 Pick in the 2014 Draft.

So you can redraft Tambling.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Lindsay Thomas says hi.

Then like a gypsy, you don't see him for weeks.

I am a Gypsy...

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pattinson takes two years to play 5-6 tests.

Very disappointing loss. Our team has improved under Lehmann no doubt but we still can't handle reverse swing as a batting or bowling unit and we can't play swing or on slow decks. Fast and Bouncy we are a good show with Mitch dominant but once they take the juice out of the deck our batting is exposed.

Watto for Marsh. Need that extra bowling option and someone who will make a few runs.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

McIntosh hardly a spud. Just an injury prone footballer. Can play!

Tell me when he last played a good game.... ;)

Stuff a good game wheb was the last time he played?

His Wikipedia page reads injury, injury, injury, All-Australian, injury, injury, traded to Geelong for a 2nd Round pick, injury.

Cleary headed for an AA year then. :D

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |