Return

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

At last, REAL cricket!!!
by tigerpie
Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

Every time i see PYNE on t.v i feel like smashing it....he's an annoying little shit and im amazed his nose is still straight.
Him and Abbott are on a par as the most hated blokes in Australia at the moment.
by tigerpie
Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

it IS a development league
Your opinion.
this doesnt have to be a bad thing - amateur footballers mostly aspire to get games in the SANFL, that does not diminish the integrity of those amateur or country leagues.
Because they are at that standard. To pick them for the SANFL when they aren't up to that standard is what destroys the integrity of the league.

It is the arrogance of people like you who assert that, because the SANFL is not as good as the AFL talent-wise, it is okay for the AFL clubs to use it for their own ends, and in general take a dump on it, that really infuriates SANFL fans.

Nice one RB i agree. You have to earn a spot at a sanfl club, Not get gifted one because of injury to a senior afl player. The player from the country or wherever isnt up to the reqired league standard then gets badly injured what happens to him then?
It shouldnt be a development league!
Most SANFL club members pay to watch and support their clubs with passion, because it isnt the same game as the robotic, over officiated afl.
Now we have to put up with playing meaningless games against 2 teams that are not there for the same reason as the established clubs.
Players now risk injury (which could impact on their working life) in these meaningless games.
People like you BM have endorsed the SANFL as a meat market for the big show. Hope you are proud of yourself.
by tigerpie
Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours of Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Due to quite a bit of feedback I've changed the topic name to Rumours of Player Movement to avoid confusion. Any more discussion on the Power can be carried on in one of the many topics about it already and any future posts not related to player movements will be deleted from here.
Thank f*** for that! Geez it was getting boring.
by tigerpie
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Death Penalty

I'm about 70/30 on this. In extreme circumstances i think we do have the right to hand down a death sentence. Not an easy call though.
But why should the taxpayer fund these sub-humans?
The money to house an inmate is massive!!
I'd rather it spent on sick children.
by tigerpie
Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Wedgie he's on a different frequency, you'll never reach him.
by tigerpie
Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Cousins

Tough call really, but i'd go with Judd.
Loved watching Cousins play but just not sure wether he did it unassisted ;)
by tigerpie
Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

I dont speak lawyer so i have no idea what you just said.
by tigerpie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

If the recommendations are followed through then you wont need 2 divisions because a few clubs wont fit the criteria to be affiliated with the SFL. I.E you must field 4 teams on saturdays.
by tigerpie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows In State Jumper - Which is worse?

How can a major decision like this one be handled by lower administration......could the SANFL stop feeding us bullshit?

Both blokes cant be trusted anymore.....or less for that matter.

I heard last night that the AFL said the choice of jumper by the crows had nothing to do with them....WTF?
More bullshit!

All these blokes handball better than Gary Mc Intosh.
by tigerpie
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

"it is really tragic that this young lad died, it sounded like his father had a mental health issue. we will be reviewing the case and our policy to see whether there is any part of it that needs strengthening, Ill be talking to the relevant people about this. it seems like there might have been an error in policy and we need to make sure that this doesnt happen again"

what would have been wrong with him saying something like that? except for the fact that it is probably too many words than he can muster?

Did you not read my earlier post?...i said the same thing but with way less words.
Nice one benny!
by tigerpie
Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Yeah grade 5 would have been the hardest 3 years of Daveys life, but good on him...he's going alright.
Dropped twice before he made 30 and still made a hundred.

We've all played with a bloke who was not too bright in the player communication stakes and cringed at the things he says......but still piss yaself laughing!!!
by tigerpie
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Navy intercepts seventh boat of asylum-seekers in two mo

Ok, so we all agree there is no queue and that there is a process in place to establish their claim.
This process must be thorough and the guidelines strictly adhered to for 3 reasons.

1. That they are fleeing their country of origin because they are genuinely being persecuted, life endangered etc.

2. Are they fleeing their country of origin to escape the law. Christopher Skase like or worse....war criminal etc.

3. Do they just want to migrate here for a better life and dont want to wait their turn.

If i was a person from point 1 i'd just be happy to be escaping with my life, and/or families lives, and would patiently wait my turn. Sure, conditions arent 5 star but hey its gotta be better than waking up dead or in some concentration camp being tortured daily.

I think its people from points 2 and 3 that take up all the processing time, hence the long wait for the genuines. And i dont want anybody from this category in my country at all ever.

Call me xenophic or whatever label you like, i'm glad we are being diligent and checking EVERYONES claims fairly.
by tigerpie
Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: King William Road

My take on the drop ins is this.

They dont have any winter sport on them so have complete, consistent depth grass cover. So consequently are flat as.

Pitches with footy played on them will generally be a little patchy, especially early, so variable bounce as well as variable pace is common. These wickets tend to break up more when its dry too as the cracks are worse where there is no root system to hold it together.

Unless an absolute greeny is made then get used to big first innings scores.
by tigerpie
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District 2014

Have to agree there, they would have to be playing jets cricket to make it a meaningful comparison.
Gee if that is the attitude shared by your club little wonder you guys dont field junior cricket sides.
The guys have played all year and now have to give up finals for a trial game. Dont forget some of these kids are also playing A or B grade cricket for their clubs and will have to miss finals for them aswell potentially.
All for kids concentrating on footy at on older age but some of these kids are only 14 or 15 and havnt decided which path they will go down yet.
Perhaps this is the reason Centrals are usually average in the junior ranks, I know of several good young footballers that have chosen to return to their grass roots footy or not even bothered going down to Centrals for this reason

Good post RR, and it doesnt just happen at Centrals.
These kids only get one go at being teenagers, and playing cricket with our mates is an Aussie birthright!

Its only u16's FFS, and it is only half a season.
If the kids are training for cicket and not missing footy training then you can see they are committed. I'd want those kids in my squad!
The demands on kids of 14 or 15 are ridiculous and drives a lot of good lads away from playing at league clubs.

Oh and smac it doesnt matter what standard it is....a premiership is a premiership. Its why we play on a bullshit hot day when we could be down the beach.You should know better.
by tigerpie
Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well after 2010 Reynella lost at least 8 top players and they didnt ask, nor should they, for extra points. Just sucked it up, played kids, and still made finals.
Sorry shoes this is B.S. and shouldnt happen! Makes the SFL board look pretty silly.
by tigerpie
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Formula 1 World Championship

Agreed....if you are allocated 60 litres then you put 60 litres in the tank, supervised by stewards and weighed before start and finish.

Cant be that hard surely?
by tigerpie
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Formula 1 World Championship

Wow! That was a great white bite benny!
by tigerpie
Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC Appreciation thread

On this day 99 years ago my grandfather landed on Gallipoli. 4th Infantry brigade 15th battalion. AIF 1478
The story goes that him and his mate carried their swag from Broken Hill to Toowoomba to enlist. Being a tent boxer back in the day he saw a poster that said join and fight for your king and country overseas. He thought it meant boxing?
Got a big shock when told the real deal.

He was badly wounded on june 8th with a gun shot wound and schrapnel damaged shoulder so sent home.
I have his dog tag, medals, and a diary he kept which is exremely harrowing reading.
I thank god that he made it back alive or i wouldnt be here.

To all those who havent had the luck my grandfather did i thank you so much for the sacrifice you made to allow us all to be here.

Lest We Forget
by tigerpie
Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Herald Sun Team of the Century

Seriously though, it should be players from 2000 to now if they are dinkum
by tigerpie
Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL State Squad possibles

I would have thought the draft would make state allegiances more relevant. Matches v Qld don't enthral me, but I love to see any South Australian team beat the Big V. Think it's something football's missing out on compared with rugby league.
Im all for it at the top level.
This isnt even SA v Vic its the SANFL v VFL.
Sorry but have no interest on it and judging by the attendences not many others do either. Would be very surprised if more than 2-3k rocked up for it

Theres too many good things that come from representative footy to list....at any level!

You are right jim, its our comp versus theirs, the reason for all rep footy.
Its a reward for the coaches and players that are the best available and a great learning tool to see if we are in fact doing it right.

State of origin is done, but the basic concept was...were our players better than the Vics, or whoever.

I for one think state footy is great to watch and even better to be part of.
by tigerpie
Thu May 08, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Im amazed he can remember anything about his career. Lucky theres footage ;)
by tigerpie
Thu May 08, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep he did ok.....but still spun a bunch of political bull!

"Its not a tax, its a payment.....ok its a tax...call it what you want" his response to the medicare payment.

But they still havent broken any promises? Delusional much?
by tigerpie
Mon May 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmmm well spotted roxy.

Malcy's rubbing his hands together wetting himself laughing i'd imagine.

But its the policies in combination with Abbotts constant f$%k ups that will bring these clowns down.
by tigerpie
Fri May 23, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

Whats with everyone wanting to make the game easier to play?

Its why we love it because its not easy to play.
Why not make the goals wider so its easier to kick them.
Make the grounds smaller and have zones so we dont have to be so fit.

About the only thing that has changed with the ball in 25 years is the consistancy in quality.

Leave the game alone FFS!
by tigerpie
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did anyone notice the growth figures today.

Budget emergency my a@#e.

If the government put more time into fair budget policy, than they do with scaremongering tactics and telling anyone who will listen that we are in dire financial strife, Australia would be far better off.
by tigerpie
Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My apologies, I should have also mentioned Reynella V Porties next week as a critical game and one worth going a long way to see. Haven"t been to Reynella since round 1. How is the ground holding up in the recent rain .......... is the cricket pitch area a shit heap?
Haha coming from a Flaggy bloke the shit heap comment is funny
by tigerpie
Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Fuggin hot seems a good excuse. The batsman were getting extra drinks as well which contributes.

For the record i hate slow over rates, but the weather does have an impact. Plus our chalky bowlers breaking down every 5 minutes.
Whats with that?
by tigerpie
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richie Benaud passes away

RIP RIchie.....The games greatest ambassador.
by tigerpie
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reynella 29-13 to 5-4 ish emus. Equally top side gets thumped by 20+ goals.
Loved every second of it!
3 things I learnt.
Very well umpired for the most part.
The new mcentee is a pretty handy in.
Feels pretty good flogging the emus at home.
by tigerpie
Sun May 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wasted Talent

helicopterking wrote:Chris Tarrant

Really?
250 odd games. All Australian.
Nah!
by tigerpie
Sun May 31, 2015 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bringing back suspected terrorists and trying them in our piss weak court system is a big risk. They get locked up for a couple of years, feign remorse and get paroled early for good behaviour.
Then once they're out its back to jihad.
I feel pretty shitty for the kids of this animal. They come back scarred for life with a massive chip on their shoulder looking for revenge.
Or, they grow up to be model citizens and great leaders in their community.
Which scenario is more likely is the question.
We are one of the most surveilled countries in the world. Whatever happens, they'll be watched closely for a long time.

Well hopefully they aren't they same eyes that were watching monis!
by tigerpie
Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Jim05 wrote:Did Jimmy go and have a beer with the Aussies?
Wanker

We could have bought him a beer for every wicket he got.

Cheap round!
by tigerpie
Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bowling is crap. We hit the right line and length 1 ball an over!
by tigerpie
Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Broad taught our bowlers a lesson about consistent line and more importantly...length!
Hate the $%stard but he's a great competitor.
We are lucky to hit the spot once an over.
20/20 bowling is what we are doing.
Something doesn't seem right in the team at the moment. Clarke batted with a black armband but didn't appear with it when we bowled?
Is it the Hughes spectre maybe?
by tigerpie
Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I tend to agree with TigerPie, it is a winter sport and not every oval can be the same. Reynella oval would get a lot of traffic because Over 35s play there too . No use complaining ShoeBoy both sides play on it so it is fair for both.[/quote ]

Agree about both sides playing on that deck but that does not change my opinion about the surface or lack of!!

To be fair to you shoe boy you've been stuck on a wetty two years in a row.
Love to put a roof over it but then you'd complain its too hard!
The SFL look after you pretty well, go whinge to them.
by tigerpie
Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That, my friends was proper test match batting. Not this arrogant,we are going to try and blast everything, type batting from previous tests.

So much for being a demon pitch. Seriously, players and commentators are the worst pitch judges.
NFI!
by tigerpie
Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its not just about the players on their home deck. Its the revenue boost a club gets on the back of having your a grade playing at home.
But I'll take shoe boy at his word. They didn't tank for this home game and to avoid playing reynella? ;)
by tigerpie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Yep. Next to the main oval.
by tigerpie
Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The pink ball.

I liked Wades comment that he's colour blind so its a bit blurry.

He obviously cant see white and red either judging by his keeping?
by tigerpie
Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few weeks old, but more good publicity for Smackham and the SFL
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/sanfl-introduces-new-laws-to-fight-local-footy-violence/story-fnii06m0-1227599323330

Vics, how many players do you currently have in the big house? Does this impact the start date for your pre-season training?

Edwardstown doing their best to trash the name of the league on their way out

Not sure about that LGIL- reckon the Hackham boys actions did that. If you've seen the footage its unbelievable how they could only get 3-4 weeks!

Have not seen the footage but understand the umpire stuffed up the paperwork or something.

Don't disagree that Hackham have done their part in muddying our league's name this year, from the Helps/Clarkson incident (and the following security guard circus) to this violent incident - they have been a disgrace. Not sure how continuing to drag it through the papers is helping Edwardstown, they have quit the league, what are they now trying to achieve? A moral victory?
It just so happens it was an edwardstown bloke that got hit. He could have been from any club and this article would have still been published. I don't think towns are trying to backhand the SFL at all.
Play on I reckon.
by tigerpie
Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

We came into atca 10 years ago from hard wicket and we didn't get a cracker from saca to fund it. Other clubs have had to do it to.
Why should they get a leg up?

2 reasons. Firstly the SACA want a merger in preference to a club going, although it should not be West Torrens who get the flick EVER
Secondly. Adelaide Turf clubs who come from hard wicket are hardly pathways to the Sheffield Shield and Test arenas. The SACA will only spend this type of money for the best competition and best players in the state, to create pathways to higher levels.
My above quote was posted because the quote i got it from stated that WT were offered huge money to move to atca. If the money on offer is only to make a merger more attractive then i stand corrected, and certainly dont have a problem with it.

One of the main reasons we built a turf block was so that our juniors had experienced turf cricket BEFORE going to a district club.
Not ALL talented kids start at grade clubs, in fact very few.
Community clubs put a lot of time and effort into junior development to you know. Its not just grade clubs doing it.

Unfortunately, just like the AFL, the grass root clubs get bugger all.
by tigerpie
Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst excuse for missing a game

Not an excuse but funny...kinda.
10 minutes before the game 2 detectives walk in the rooms.
Our very important CHF disappears out the back door legging it.
Down to 19.
The look on the coaches face was priceless!
Property steward says. I better get that jumper back unmarked.
by tigerpie
Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Drug Testing Results

This whole circus is BS.
Didnt that drunk bloke on 360 break the story?
There endeth the story.
by tigerpie
Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

Bit rich coming from port I would've thought. Do they hear their own ferals at alberton?
by tigerpie
Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Seems to me that the SA squad has a good amount of depth now and this loss is a stepping stone to sustained success.
Head's inexperience showed but he learnt more from this game than all his others combined.
I think the national selectors may take a bit more notice in who's going well now, so that depth is going to be tested next season.
Siddons is a gun!
by tigerpie
Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2016

It's pretty obvious Buckley has moved away from the previous season/s structures. Reckon the players have struggled to execute it post-NAB for whatever reason.
I agree. A lot of clubs in the same boat. Changing structures and game style doesn't happen overnight.
Crisp does look lost for sure and I forgot about sidey.
We'll come good with a wolloping of the bombers.....hopefully!
by tigerpie
Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Hahaha. Pistols at dawn fellas.
Hound I'll second ya.
But seriously, I'm not sure it was a good idea that the 2 clubs spoke out.
Oysters right its none of their business.
Regardless of rivalry, that's fine, but its the demise of 2 proud clubs. Bit of respect wouldnt go astray!
by tigerpie
Wed May 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2016

Great win. But you can sense Buckleys frustration.
Our best is top 8 our worst is ammos.
We've been serving that up every week until yesterday. Let's hope it continues.
by tigerpie
Sun May 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |