Search found 90 matches

Return

Re: North Adelaide Senior Coach 2014

Members emial sent out suggesting the announcement will be made at 7.30 via the clubs website.
by kingrooster
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I just rang them and they wouldn't tell me! :(
by Wedgie
Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Grand Final underlights on a Friday night?

Ideally I'd prefer a Saturday arvo to the Sunday evening it is now. Saturday night of the long weekend, after the ressies game lead ups would be a worthy experiement. But I'm beyond worrying about things like this...don't dangle proposals in front of us AFLSA, just tell us what you are going to do, clearly the mug punters will have no say anyway
by zipzap
Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What swear words should be allowed on SAFooty.net?

please don't ban me for this, I need to contribute & if it's offensive, please delete straight away.
The other day, I jokingly called someone a c**t, I didn't actually type the word, I put the asterixes in myself, if this is wrong, then so be it but I have seen far worse, people call people cnuts quite often & get away with it, so there needs to be no grey areas. it doesn't matter how it's spelled, it means the same thing & if 1 way of spelling it is offensive, then it must not be permitted at all. Therefore, you can't type cnut or crunt or puck etc., etc.
by CENTURION
Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Summo was called to a meeting with KT after his tirade for a mutual explanation and walked out satisfied. As are the likes of Jeremy Clayton, etc.

Amazing what happens when you buy into the facts and not paranoid supposition!

Looks like the doomsdayers, predicting a mass exodus will have to reassess some ill-thought out assumptions. Probably too much to expect though 8)

Still yet to secure your most important Magpie players in Sam Gray & Kory Beard. Only a handful of players at this stage are being mentioned to be staying

Still find it strange that Summerton would want to stick around given his initial response. Has he taken integrity lessons from S.Trigg and J.Hird?
by heater31
Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boyd sacked??

fair call that Heave Ho. From what I hear, the South boys weren't to disappointed to see him go either. Guessing that may also be the same for the Doggy lads?
by Bunton
Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boyd sacked??

I dont think Roy has made many wrong decisions in his time at Elizabeth, and hes got it right again here.

As a South supporter seeing him as a kid playing League footy being asked THEN told " Boydy F****N move" in a zone for opposition kick out by an AFL premiership player, Best and Fairest and All Australian winner and he blatantly ignore him. I thought who the hell do you think you are. As talented as he is has always been about himself and always will be. Im used to being beaten being a South supporter, but i was glad to see the back of him
by Freo HeaveHo
Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I can't believe the Bay "supporters" who constantly run down their club. They are fine when winning though.
I hope he goes well.
5 posts and not declaring who you follow?
Your rock is calling to be crawled back under.

1138 posts and you have . Can't you comment unless you declare your side ? You just verified my comment you fool. Very funny . I enjoy the game , can I still post ?

Stevens has been in the AFL system and may go alright. I hope he does anyway.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Good point. Yes two less games but same price. Have not seen ours yet. We may need to charge more to keep Wundke!
by DOC
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smac?

Two things surprise me. If true, his contract is not reliant on him playing. By his own admission he feels that his body is in poor condition. Given that he was instrumental in leading the players against Ainger, he now joins him. I'm sure that Ainger probably won't say a word, but he couldnt be thrilled with the news.
by DOC
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boyd has signed with South Adelaide...

Lachlan Boyd from the ammos in Melbourne...
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

So will there still be only 18 games? Eagles 2014 membership is out and season ticket is same price as last year ($170 - apparently a saving of $198 off rrp...). Maths clearly not the strong suit of the membership people at the Eagles.

Will they reduce normal ticket price from $14?

Less games, same price - good luck to you.

Sturt's equivalent membership has increased to a staggering $215 :shock:

How else do you think all your Port Adelaide recruits are going to be paid, dog Sh!t?

There's a difference between training in it and being treated like it.
by zipzap
Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach - Ben Warren appointed

There seem to be a great many tits (i.e. knockers) on here who fail to acknowledge the long, powerful, poignant & respectful history
between the South Adelaide & Norwood Football Clubs. Ancient boundary lines, player retention & margins are still bones of contention
for many lovers of ‘Eternal Football in South Australia’. Let other ‘minor clubs’ please take note.
AND, let NO ONE forget South Adelaide won the very 1st Premiership in our ‘stand alone’ association !

Yes, Norwood is the only club to ever win 6 flags on the trot from the start, but South Adelaide will always be remembered for
winning the very first. They must ALWAYS be respected for that. Knowledgeable and caring Norwood fans will forever be disgusted
by the disgraceful treatment of the South Adelaide Football Club by the ‘Association’ and subsequent ‘League’ zoning stupidities !

Over the years, quite a number of Norwood players had the name Warren. Connections are yet to be proven, but what is truly
substantive and demonstratively magnificent in this thread, are the number of South Adelaide faithful who have quite rightly shown
respect and good wishes to one of their very own. Ben Warren gave of his all for The Panthers in a time of utter loss. He was physically
destroyed by amazingly loyal efforts, way above and beyond his body’s capabilities. Only after recuperating, when offered a new
opportunity for much deserved success, did he try yet again.

I applaud any and all South Adelaide supporters who wish Ben Warren well after he gave of his all for you. If ANY Norwood man takes
you to a long overdue Premiership, I would quite happily applaud a ‘Blue & White’ unveiling of The West End chimney while SAFC fans
go utterly beserk ! May it happen very soon, but never against Norwood.
;)

Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which Westhoff? The shit one or the other shit one?
by dedja
Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

Get ready for the "begging" emails, "We need your membership more now than ever". **** you. Made your bed, lie in it.
by The Sleeping Giant
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you don't think there are a lot of guys these days electing to play non league footy who are good enough then you know nothing. The issue isn't so much with the name SANFL blokes, although there are a few in that boat (Heath Lawrie a notable one). Blokes who have gone far enough for you to hear of them turned down bigger money many years earlier. The issue is the 17-20 year olds who aren't in line for AFL selection. The blokes who used to do a year or two playing reserves getting better before beginning a league career. Straight out of under 18s footy they are being thrown numbers like $800 a game. To train less. And get pissed after the games. With their mates.
by Grahaml
Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ODI Series v England

Game one and the Poms have won the toss and decided to bat.
by Squids
Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

The sanfl and the bendovers have shot themselves in the foot. They've p$&@$d off true sanfl supporters, treated them with contempt and now the league will suffer. Unless they count the 44k "one club" members, sanfl club memberships are going to suffer at a time they can least afford it.
by sjt
Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw released..

The AFL-ising of SANFL telecasts was happening 30 years ago (well back then it was VFL-ising),

Every grand final telecast was pre-ambled by going through the players who were either signed or could be signed by Victorian clubs.

Let's see how the Channel 7 telecasts pan out and reserve judgement until then.

Not really as fun ;)

Can you provide us a topic we can whinge about until the season starts?
by Panther Pack
Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

The Sleeping Giant wrote:I hear Mercedes corby will be the boundary rider for the next 3 years. Until someone else becomes available.

Well, she does do her best work on grass........
by DOC
Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New South Adelaide website

South have launched their new website today, developed in partnership with web design company Jaba. Looks pretty impressive, automatically adapts for all tablet and mobile devices through "responsive design technology." It has an SANFL footy tipping comp, an interactive section where questions can be directed different areas of the club (CEO, Marketing, Coach etc), an online scoreboard with commentary and a good online shop section.

Oh, and it makes great use of my photos on there, which makes me think it's brilliant :) - but I'm slightly biased, of course.
#therearenolimits #newsafcwebsite :D
by Scoop
Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

It's totally meaningless to compare this years membership numbers with previous years this early ... come back in a few months time with some solid facts.
by dedja
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

the observer wrote:Any news on Krakourer is he still training still in contention or gone I hope he is given another go

They're going to sign him on $400 a week and he's their mature age player for 2030.
by sjt
Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Hutchison = me never, ever watching it.

WAFW that bloke is.
by Booney
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Presuming the show goes for half an hour which will mean around about 24 minutes of actual show without adverts, and knowing its shown on a Sunday I reckon the running sheet (heheheheh) will be something like

2min introduction of guests, bullshit yarn and whats coming up in the show.
6min Preview/Review of that Rounds Crows AFL game
6min Preview/Review of the Rounds Port AFL game
2min Rucci Rant which will be no different to him just reading out the rucci roast from the Advertiser
1min Discussion from the panel about Rucci Rant
4min Recorded interview with ex SANFL player/ex SA based AFL player or rising star player in SA football
1min SANFL scores read out including showing a goal or two from the AFL clubs reserves (may include scores from Amatuer Div1)
2min- Wrap (rest of the weekends games and next weeks show etc)
by whufc
Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

In all seriousness though, when a Rugby League team started here I didn't even consider going for the Adelaide Rams, I remained loyal to the Canberra Raiders. I follow Central Coast Mariners in the A-League as they had more of an affinity with my previous side (Adelaide City) than any other club did. If a Super 15s side started here I would continue to follow the NSW Warratahs. If an EPL side started here I would remain a Tottenham fan. If a NFL side started here I would remain a Bengals fan, if a NBA side started here I would remain a Philadelphia 76ers fan. And up until the last 6 months I've never lived anywhere near Prospect but certainly didn't consider following closer sides like Glenelg, West or South.
And when the LFL starts here you'll go for the team with the biggest tits
by tazz
Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Not to mention that some of these kids are then playing against the clubs they were drafted from in the first place which increases the disadvantage again.

You do realize that once they CHOOSE to nominate for the draft and CHOOSE to leave their SANFL clubs, they are no longer your players... so that means that the argument of them playing against their own club null and void....
by mickey
Fri May 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

Disappointing crowd IMO.
Fantastic weather yesterday for a top of the table clash especially when Ports A grade side had the bye.
Would of though 5k as a minimum would of been acceptable

Agree, a very poor crowd..!
as someone who attends every game South play I would say that is the largest contingent of South supporters Ive seen at Alberton for many a year.!
Just completely baffled by the ignorance and arrogance of the majority of Port supporters though....unbelievable. Very poor sportsmanship I feel to rub it in to opposition supporters when your side is clearly playing in the wrong league.
Just one comment on the umpiring it was disgraceful. Joel Cross was spear tackled at the opening bounce, then when on the ground the offender had another crack at him, when he didnt even have the ball- clearly in my my mind a report, not not even a free kick. Appalling.
by blueandwhite
Sun May 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

To Dols, booney. kikinit

This is a serious question, so don’t take it as a dig but with the following, do you see the advantage gifted to you or would you consider having the below all part and parcel
Full Time Coaches, Fitness coach touted as one of the best in the world, Dieticians, Sports Physiologists, Fitness personnel, Doctors and Physios, Massage therapist , player e welfare managers, Million dollar facilities, Million dollar Fitness Facilities, recovery facilities, Million dollar Medical Facilities.
Full Time Professional AFL players averaging around 15 players per game with a combined salary of $2-$3 million dollars
Yes the crows have all of the above and I don’t give a shit as my club doesn’t nor does 7 other SANFL clubs.
I am not whinging because The Power is on Top I dislike the crows with a passion as well for playing in a comp and having these benefits and advantages.
And the thing that pisses every one of the most is you will not acknowledge the advantage given to your team.
You were granted an AFL licence, and good onya, but don’t use the resources of being given that and think you have no advantage or been given any advantage over your opposition. Most of the other items apart from the Salary cap could be taken that the club has worked to get those advantages. But unfortunately the Salary Cap can’t be.
Even Collingwood in the AFL have advantages over the comp in terms of $, but funnily enough a new word has entered the equation Equalisation, where the AFL has said we can’t have a team with that much financial clout and off field advantages although they have the same salary cap as the rest of the comp.
So the Brains trust at the AFL has seen how having a team with more resources will destroy their comp but for some reason you can’t see how it will destroy the SANFL
by Maddawg
Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

The footy is still there. The fact that you don't go is no fault but your own. Don't try to pass the blame for not going.

If you don't want to I that's a different matter but don't pretend it has disappeared
by bennymacca
Sun May 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

I will still stick to my comment of a few years ago about this Mickey Mouse Cup is a joke where some football clubs and most footy supporters do not give a stuff about it.

There really is a simple solution to all this rubbish.

Foxtel must get together with the AFL and turn the Foxtel Cup into a AFL reserves competition.

This will have the dual effect of a true AFL reserves competition and NO AFL reserves teams in state Leagues.

This will make all AFL followers happy and state league followers very very HAPPY !!!!!

Surely with the BILLION dollars the AFL generates this can be achieved !!!!!!!!!

So faarrrking SIMPLE !!!!!!!
by Apachebulldog
Wed May 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Both teams should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute
by Dog Day Afternoon
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Eagles v Adelaide - POST MATCH

What a splendid day for a good ole thrashing, special thanks to sellout Slaven for the game we had to have!
No atmosphere whats so ever and frankly a fairly piss poor crowd ..... SANFL clubs don't make any money if most people are watching on tv ffs.
For what it's worth we think the only way the abortion of a comp can move forward and keep all parties mostly happy is for it to keep this format but not allowing the pro teams to take part in our finals; If they need games to prepare for AFL finals then they can play each other as much as they want ffs!
This comp has to be about SANFL clubs and no one else, the season has to mean something with the best SANFL club being recognised at the end ala all our history, it can't be about professional players who don't really give a rats scrot about a SANFL FLAG.
It must be a SANFL comp not a State League, a comp that plays 18 rounds with 2 AFL free loaders onboard, then has it's final series of say top four out of the eight, as it has traditionally been etc.
[-X
by holden78
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium (Sun 22/6)

Full Time

West Adelaide 15.8 98
Port Adelaide Magpies 12.9 81
by Dutchy
Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

South are not exactly world beaters so I should stay out of this but for all the people who bagged Massie last year just take a look at the mess your in.
The Bays woeful form has to go back to the coach. They are worse than last season.
I thought last season despite how average they were there were signs pointing twords better days ahead, but as per crap club just like we had been for so long take the easy way out and flick the coach again!
If only Roy Laird had a twin because if he did Glenelg would be well advised to get him!!
by panthers 2008
Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Hats off to Dangerfield. The guy has been smashed from pillar to post all season and he still keeps on chugging away. He is clearly playing sore and is running on sheer guts alone. He either needs to learn how to protect himself better in the play or have periodic spells or both. The risk is a shortened career in the mode of Geelong's Max Rooke.

It would also help if got some protection from his team mates when he is being tagged. I N THE GAME AT Geelong Guthrie smashed him all day long without the slightest protest from the Crows. The guy was moving like Steve Johnson today and he badly needs a chop out.

regards,

REB
That's one of the problems with this soft competition. The days of someone coming of the wing or half back and cleaning him up are gone. The MRP favours the little grubs we call taggers.
by Dols
Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Booney wrote:BT....says....."The umpire called play on, not 15, how does he know when the player hasn't marked it yet?"

Congratulations, you are officially the only person in Australia that listens to anything that comes out that morons mouth :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - live scores, results & jibber-jabbering.

Back to the draw board for Wayne Campbell. This is the worst officiated season I've ever seen. As soon as the Umpires are once again directed to officiate, instead of decorate the game, the sooner the umpiring will improve. Right now umpires are being directed to "keep the ball moving" . So that means you can throw the ball, go head first into your opponent...heaven forbid that the umpires actually remember the rules.

In the meantime, we get Rugby Union because umpires wait an age for the ball to come out of the pack. Here's a tip - have a ball up!

The season started really well for the umpires but right now on form the 19th team would be in 19th place on the ladder.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Norwood v Central District - Post Game

passionatelegsfan wrote: ... Personally I am over night football fullstop. ....

Night games are ok early or late in the season but not in the middle. The chances of the weather conditions encountered Friday night are too great.
by nwdfanparade
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - South v North @ Hickinbotham (Sat 5/7)

Sounded like we totally dominated, different feeling when the opposition scores and your worried about the percentage, not just that we win!!
by westcoastpanther
Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

dedja wrote:What percentage of cats and dogs should we expect to Eagles matches then?

Cue Phil Herden. "We do not or have ever had pet memberships".
by kingrooster
Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Hall of Fame Night

What most want is a SANFL hall of fame. Simple.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Hall of Fame Night

Only the SANFL could fvck up the official player profile. Darel Hart coached North in his second stint from 2001-2003 and no mention that he captained North's 87 premiership and won a Jack Oatey medal in 91. I know they have limited space but attention to date detail at least!
by on the rails
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

The worst part of C7 getting the gig is the complete bending over the clubs have to do to fit into their schedule. Norwood already had a ridiculous 12:30 game early in the season and tomorrow we play a stupid 1:10 game just to suit them

Yep, terrible for the Clubs that they may have had to move forward by an hour considering it's on the main channel leading into the AFL broadcast............ You're a hard man to please Jim.
Its shouldnt be about appeasing the people sitting at home in their lounge. Its about the loyal fans who rock up each week
Exactly.
by RB
Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Magarey Medal & Other Awards

whufc wrote:Huge interest in this, in the past the Margarey would have had at least 10 pages of SAFooty dedicated to it

Yeah, was thinking the same last night, when there was only me and a handful of other registered users online. Typically MM night was one the busier nights for this forum.
by saintal
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9)

Watch it for yourself if you can PP. Without wanting to get into an argument I think the Phillips one is more accidental, it looks like Bartlett has misjudged the ball, even Phillips has been caught under the ball a bit, tried to stop and caught Phillips low as he's jumped for the mark. I don't think it was a deliberate case of tunnelling.
As for the Bode one, Bartlett has come in late and got him high. I don't think it was malicious. Certainly not much worse than the late charge on Page which went without a down field free.
by CUTTERMAN
Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did not seem to be much noise for Port Reserves apart from the booing so just goes to show Power ( and Crows ) supporters are not real keen on supporting their reserves teams.
Very proud of Norwood for hanging in there and coming back for a gutsy win.
Go Panthers next week to make it a real GF.
by SDK
Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That was fun! After a scare in the third term. I'll be there next week on the Go Panthers bandwagon!!
by Douglas Mawson
Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |