Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

It's naive to think clubs with multiple juniors teams don't deserve them. In my experience the junior programs at the bigger junior clubs (GG, TTG, Modbury etc.) offer kids a much better environment to learn, develop and enjoy football.

Just little things like having a white and red age group allowing kids to play at an appropriate skill level is great for kids.

That's ultimately what it should be about.

That's fine. But then you have a club going around recruiting talented juniors from other clubs when they've already got plenty of numbers. That is just wrong and I feel unnecessary. Not much point winning final after final when you've got nobody decent to play against.
by blublurag
Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Over the points. Bring back Rocket. I'm sure there is an explanation.
by blublurag
Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/debtridden-athelstone-football-club-still-splashing-the-cash-for-raggies-players/news-story/fdce7cdafa30f0c66f625017ee7f316b

ATHELSTONE Football Club shelled out more than $124,000 on “senior football expenses” including player payments last season despite a financial audit revealing it is about $118,000 in debt to Campbelltown Council.

**** me, that's a decent sized senior football budget with a $54k salary cap

Does that include footys, umpires fees, trainer payments, coach wages, etc?

Club is so disappointed with this article. A cheap shot of the highest order.

The senior football budget for 4 teams (including U18's) includes player payments, coach and trainer expenses, football equipment including footballs, affiliation fees, umpires fees, gym equipment lease, oval hire, medical, trophies and a host home final fee. So there you go for those interested. Nothing to hide here.
by blublurag
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

This line on their gofundme page made me laugh...

"Every contribution counts in our pursuit of fairness in community sports."

The last thing they were doing was worrying about fairness in community sports, hence the charge.
by blublurag
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

The fines are there as a deterrent. If a club ignores the deterrent and then doesn't cop the fine what deterrent is there for others to be compliant.

Plenty of clubs being compliant and having to suffer the consequences of those not by missing out on recruits or losing players to overs being offered outside the cap. And then having to play against those clubs bolstered by their disregard for the rules. And then copping it from members saying why aren't we as good as that club down the road.

I have no sympathy for those who break the rules, especially to this extent.
by blublurag
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |