Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: North Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist!

westcoastpanther wrote:Jimmy was on his game, Jimmy holds grudges....

Jimmy's sweet on Elaine

Jimmy's down

Don't touch jimmy
by Jimmy
Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

I'm passionate about how well sturt are doing and mostly the league but am put off by the afl influence and disregard games involving power and crows reserves

I wanted to choose option two but couldn't do it...so option three it was.

Id say that would be most ppl
by Jimmy
Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Central v Sturt @ Playford Alive (Sat 24/5)

Beard and crocker are good to go
by Jimmy
Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 9/8

Booney wrote:I'm wondering what the "normal dirty tricks" were that we pulled. ( Of course, being a "new" club I can't see how we would have any "normal" tricks )

Tied their shoe laces together? Took the wind sock down?

Marbles on the ground?
by Jimmy
Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Anyone who is "no afl in the sanfl" but still barrack for a victoria afl team is kind of a hypocrite as the Victorian clubs took over VFA teams like Coburg, Williamstown, Bendigo, etc turns them into reserves team and then dumped them when they wanted their own team so the SANFL system isn't perfect but it better than over the border especially if you was a Bendigo supporter and have no team anymore.

Agree that an AFL reserve comp is better way to go and the sanfl is left to fend for itself but I feel when my generation dies out then the clubs probably get absorbed into the amateurs like the old SAFA teams

Not a perfect situation at the moment but not much in life is and given other things going on with the world, very easy to cope with.

Nope not hypocritical at all. While I watch that other comp and barrack for the saints, not really bothered how they do. I feel for the Vfl/vfa supporters. I'd prefer that no state league be impacted the way it has been...I guess it's just stiff shit, they'll do what ever they want. Anyone defending the intruders and saying its good for the comp has no ******* idea.
by Jimmy
Sun May 03, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its easy to follow a local AFL team.
Especially the Crows, who demand only one thing of its supporters - that they live in or simply identify in some way with the state of South Australia. Much like a state of origin team, which IIRC they had the gall to appropriate via a novelty showdown guernsey.

******* hate that...whener I meet a new Aussie over here, and they learn where I a from, they ask crows or power? I tell em neither and they (crows/power) can get ******.

Also, our comp wasn't broken before the reserves came in...so change for change sake is not good here....**** off Walter, I won't just accept it and move on.

Regardless of how sturt go...win a flag or finish last...heart just seems out of it now...even from 1000's of miles away, I kept up to date on the league and tuned in on late nights to listen and follow. But now...with 2 kids...there's an excuse to go to bed early...**** off the reserves or lose real fans forever SANFL.
by Jimmy
Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Very happy for westies the club and their loyal fans!!! Hard to hate them like a port and Norwood so glad they won instead of the hybrids.

Now for Sturt to get amongst it.
by Jimmy
Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide nightclubs

Ahhh, Jules. 40c pool table, 2.20 schooners and tits out back!

Circa 99/00 I reckon!
by Jimmy
Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Westies just suffered a blow with Snelling and Beech being rookied by Port and the Crows

Ouch. Good for the players obviously, but worst case scenario for the Bloods and their supporters.

Happy to see Beech get a look-in. Has been a quality player for a number of years.

So now they get to play against their side they just won a flag in...doubtful these guys will play Manu afl games so looks like just good recruits for the powers 2s and ravens. :(
by Jimmy
Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Dogwatcher wrote:The only other thing I was really hoping for was a key forward.

Get in line mate
by Jimmy
Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5: Norwood v Sturt - Friday 22 April @ Coopers Stadium

Sturt 11.9
Norwood 8.9

Beard 5 goals for the Double Blues. Johnston the only multiple goal kicker for the Legs with 2.

Didn't listen to any of it, but judging by the scores a dull game?

Was a great game ;)

Listened online and loved the comeback and pressure sturt are putting on once they get going. Legs missing a few and we were near full strength so that keeps it in perspective.
by Jimmy
Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8- Sturt v South at Unley (Saturday)

The SANFL are now doing for purchase downloads of games. I used to have to wait two weeks for the dvd now I get the links to each qtr by my Monday :)

So theri, you can now enjoy it if you buy it online.
by Jimmy
Tue May 17, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Unley Oval Sat

daysofourlives wrote:No live scores today, 1st time for everything, interest is peaking then.

it's been the theme all year....

i honestly was glued to the computer screen all game it was that much of a great game and just relief Sturt were able to get that extra bit out of themselves to pull in front.
by Jimmy
Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 - Adelaide v Sturt @ Thebby

Boo...unley, hello?

Bad move sue
by Jimmy
Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 - Sturt v West @ Unley

And here I thought there were 12 decent posts about the game entering this thread...FAT chance of that happening
by Jimmy
Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Preliminary Final Sturt v Adelaide 2:10pm Sunday

Would like to see a replay of today's game. From my possie on the hill I saw a lot of infringements by the Ravens, a lot of arriving second to the ball and sloppy play. Admittedly I was with TRB junior and spent a lot of time watching him than the game, so when the free kick count was displayed it came as a bit of a shock. I am wondering how much might be my own bias. Is there a replay available?

Yes you can get an online copy for $25 by calling James oniell at the sanfl. Been doing it all year. Get it on the Monday.
by Jimmy
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

This one is sweeter than 2002 I reckon. So glad I was able to watch live online as opposed to just listening in! Well done the mighty double blues!!!
by Jimmy
Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

am Bays wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Any big name applicants?

D'Antocchia?? Colosante?? Michalanney?? Bartemecci??

aren't those ninja turtles?
by Jimmy
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Jaensch back to Sturt?
by Jimmy
Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

therisingblues wrote:
Jimmy wrote:No issues from me with the digital pass so far. Also when I've tried to access he radio thru the app it's worked fine too.

Are you still in New York Jimmy?

Yes mate. Although next year relocating to Raleigh NC for work! Big change!!
by Jimmy
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Dutchy wrote:Great to hear 5AA will be covering the Grand Final.

They deserve it, what with all their loyal broadcasting this year of SANFL games
by Jimmy
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

It's not so much about experience, it's the climate of pro vs semi-amateur (or semi-pro).

Pro's have everything at their disposal to get ready and be prepared. Not so for the others.

This is the issue. The fktards on Facebook don't understand this as they don't have critical thinking skills.

I just ******* hope Sturt win and will be cheering them on from my couch!
by Jimmy
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series
The National in SANFL refers to the game "National Football", it doesnt represent nor has it ever a national comp.

I'm amazed that isn't more widely known but then again not sure the age of those asking.

Also, the World Series was named for a newspaper sponsorship called the world. Nothing to do with being the best in the whole wide world.
by Jimmy
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And to think their supporters believe it too. What a c&$t
by Jimmy
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

amber_fluid wrote:
Brett wrote:That was mentioned earlier too.

Pearce from Sturt has retired .

Pearce off?

Gibbs on
by Jimmy
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |