Search found 240 matches

Return

Re: NBA

I was spoilt whilst I was away with he NBA games I attended. Loved the ending to the Heat Celtics. I haven't seen so many people on cloud nine then 5 secs later be face down in the dirt, loved watching the heat lose. Saw Rose play the game before he done his knee. Saw Irving monster Wall with 41 to bring the Cavs a win in OT. Loved it all
by mighty hounds
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

OnSong wrote:How many games did TW win in 2011 ya big spaz?

That was easy. We lost 4 or 5 games by under a goal that year. You blokes copped multiple hammerings this year ya tubby c***
by mighty hounds
Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FA CUP 2013/2014

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Spargo wrote:Do you go all out to win the league cup now Jim?

The should just concentrate on trying to get a Europa League spot

We wouldn't win the A-League in our current state, absolute rabble

Maybe aim for the local Super League Cup before you make the big jump to the A-League :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:
hairy cat wrote:doesnt happen now or didnt happen then?

Now. When is 'then'?

more like it has NEVER happened
by mighty hounds
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a thought but maybe Hamley could think about putting some time and money into a junior program instead of self destructing in 1-2 years. Who runs that show?

How are clubs suppose to put time and money trying to promote and build juniors if there aren't any?
Kids are too interested in playing ps3, smoking weed and fingering girls which means footy or sport in general gets put on the back burner.
I know that we promote juniors to play senior footy wherever possible but the talent pool is so shallow that some of the junior coming through just aren't up to senior standard.

You mean. Promote your juniors so you can fit all your imports under the points allocation and then sit them on the bench for 3 and a half quarters?
by mighty hounds
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Purchased Royal Rumble Anthology 1998-2002. Just started watching 1998. Loved the Attitude era
by mighty hounds
Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

wassprinttospace wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:When are BOS and Rosies due to play? Grand Final preview?

Long, long way until the big dance mighty, but BOS are going ok. Just need to get the 2's up to win a game.

BOS will win because they have a team playing for the guernsey and not the white envelope
by mighty hounds
Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

When are BOS and Rosies due to play? Grand Final preview?

Long, long way until the big dance mighty, but BOS are going ok. Just need to get the 2's up to win a game.

BOS will win because they have a team playing for the guernsey and not the white envelope

That why you left BOS to play somewhere else, for the white envelope?
Who do you know who's getting it at rosewater?

You're telling the story
by mighty hounds
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Internet service providers

Yeah had the techs out 5+ times. I was one of the very early adopters, I have had WiMAX basically as soon as it came out. Been in my current house over 6 years and I can't remember having adsl1 for long...

Much better than adsl1 but I scoff with laughter any time people bring it up as a viable alternative to FTTH because it sure ain't that!

Interesting. I wonder if it was me who came around!?
by mighty hounds
Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BigV wrote:As big a loss as Fitzgerald for Two Wells

That loss was as big as all 3 of virginias losses to TW during the last 3 finals meetings between the two teams 8)
by mighty hounds
Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:TW 40+
HB 1-39
V 40+

Hamley will struggle to win this weekend.

Oh shit. Mal 1-39
by mighty hounds
Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just received an email saying i can be one of 2,000 international people to watch WWE network live until August 4 for free. Just had to be one of the 2,000 to sign in and bam was one of those 2,000 and now have free wwe network until August 4th!
by mighty hounds
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Brenton Sanderson is available :lol:
by mighty hounds
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Marathon/Half Marathon Running

What sort of times did posters do in the City to Bay yesterday? I ran 1hr 8 mins. I was happy with that considering I only done a week of running for it. 5min 41secs was my avg a km. We didn't start until 8.35 which was after the winner had already finished :shock:
by mighty hounds
Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney

quote from Wayne Carey in The Age today...not sure the Crow boys would give a sh1t what you think Duck

Accuracy: This doesn't need much explanation. Poor kicking in front of the sticks cost Geelong in 2008, St Kilda in 2009, Hawthorn in 2012, Fremantle in 2013, while Collingwood got lucky in 2010. I know first-hand how painful losing a grand final can be because of poor kicking. We (North) lost to the Crows in '98 because we missed so many shots in the first half. I'd much prefer to lose a game by being beaten by a better side, rather than blowing it due to basic skill errors.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-grand-final-2014-these-are-the-games-won-between-the-ears-20140925-10luja.html#ixzz3EOu7UXhP

Red the article. So basically what he's saying is the Crows done all the things he mentioned to win a GF? :lol:
by mighty hounds
Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live EPL Scores 2014/15

West Ham up to 7th!!!!!!

Smashed QPR, first time I reckon I have ever seen West Ham play average and win in a canter

International break comes at a good time for us (despite having a New Zealander, South Americans and Africans who will be travelling all over the world) we now should have Noble fit in time for the battle of the Clarets away to Burnley.

Diafro Sakho now has scored 4 goals in his last 4 EPL starts and is only the second hammer to ever score in four league games in a row.

Happy Days!!!
Until a fortnight from now ;)

Until whufc is even happier after jumping to third with a victory? :lol:
by mighty hounds
Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

Swans have lost 1 game there in the past 2 seasons...

Well Hindmarsh should have better facilities to accomodate those big crowds then.
32 thousand come see a game at a world class venue and people still complain...
Complaining because the standard was terrible and that was attributed to the conditions. The casual followers of the game of course are going to prefer games played at AO but for soccer people such as myself and many others who attend every game we much prefer Hindmarsh. The players absolutely hate it and they are the ones who matter most. The same debate is going on over the border with the Melbourne derby being played on an inferior surface at Etihad instead of a world class purpose built soccer stadium

Trust Wub to turn a soccer thread into a Swans thread. :lol:
by mighty hounds
Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Why don't they have an 11 team comp in central and have a 7 or 8 team country div permanently? Surely the country teams are sick of the relegated central team coming down and taking the piss before they request promotion again. That would give more teams a chance in country winning a flag.

Has that situation ever been discussed before?
by mighty hounds
Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FFA Cup

whufc wrote:Is it really a legit trophy to win when you get given a home final for no other reason than your time zone suits viewing better

Until the cup is held at a neutral final it will have an element of mickey mouse about it

Written by a Victory fan and liked by a Perth fan :roll: :lol:
by mighty hounds
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Perhaps this all could be fixed by promoting only the premiers. There has been many years where the competition has been fairly close and the second to bottom team has won a half a dozen games and gets relegated. Promote and relegate only one team and it may work a bit better.

Personally I complete disagree with this, my club spent most of the year top of the table and lost the GF to a very good finals side it would be unfair for us to spend another year in Div 5.

We weren't good enough to win it all but we did enough to go onto Div 4 and if we were in Div 5 again with the same side but with finals experience I would back us in to be top all season hence creating an uneven competition.

Likewise Rosewater in Div 6.

I thought BOS finished top at the end of the minor round?

Correct hounds. By the way what are you doing on the Div 4 forum? Expecting to be there soon. Hahaha, you guys are an amazing club and if you keep your current group and top up a bit, you will be. :D

Well I've told you many times before that I haven't played for BOS since 2009 :lol:
by mighty hounds
Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard of a few potential ins, not sure how many will actually end up playing for them, but any ins will surely make a difference. It's hard not to improve when you get beaten by 100 points plus every week
Yeah, I'd hate to see them worsen, you kinda feel for them as it would be hard to attract players, pretty much like United though given they have such a small township.
Does anyone know the approximate populations of he towns in the APFL regions?

Yeh because I bet they were feeling sorry for all the teams they used to beat by over 15 goals over their 8 year period of success
by mighty hounds
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

Its not a new thing or indeed limited to Australians. Murray for instance was terrible when he first came onto the scene, not to mention someone like Agassi going back a little further.

It's just the nature of the game - intense one on one sport where you can't actually touch the guy. Of course frustrations are going to be there.

Whilst brash and cocky I really like Kyrgios and it's clear he has he game to back up his antics. He will calm down just like Murray, Hewitt, Agassi did

The problem is there's too many 2 week Tennis supporters!
by mighty hounds
Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asian Cup 2015

Ange The Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still not convinced, will take more than an Asian cup to hide the Brazil disaster.
Need to start beating some decent sides and I still dont believe guys playing A-League should get a game. Need to start getting more guys overseas in good leagues, Schwartzer was spot on by saying too many guys are happy just plodding along in Australia
What is this disaster you speak of in Brazil?
The World Cup, we were a shambles at times. Even the lead up to the Asian Cup was fairly poor. No Asian country ranked inside top 50 currently, when we start beating sides inside the top 30 ill start believing

We were never getting out of that group
by mighty hounds
Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
So the clearance isn't a good enough indication that he wants to leave or are United doing a Virginia an just lodging clearances in hope they will be accepted?

Read the posts. The discussion was about Jake, not Matthew.

Reading is overrated :lol:
by mighty hounds
Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:Someone might want to go and check sporting pulse....

Sweet, a bye :D
by mighty hounds
Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Out of curiosity what has happened to Fitzroy over the last 5-6 year's? Always a strong lower division club with great off field facilities and have fallen off a cliff compared to when they were a strong div 4 side. I always saw them as being on the brink of pushing towards greater things in div 3 even 2.....

Glenunga took their team one year didn't they? Isn't that when the plight started?
by mighty hounds
Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

bennymacca wrote:New Foxtel subscriber this year, have been loving this show. The one with browny was really good.

Tonight with bomber Thompson will be interesting if he talks openly

You can watch a lot of the episodes on youtube. Get around them plenty of quality ones
by mighty hounds
Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chelsea to come Down Under

The plastic fantastics are on their way.
Will the Chavs be handing out free flags for the crowd to wave like they do at the Bridge?

I bet they couldn't name the 2002 FA cup final team. That should be a per-requisite for entry :lol:
I thought Abramovich started the club from scratch, their supporters dont seem to recall anything before that!

The same could be said for Man United supporters too Jim.

I'd bet my bottom dollar none of them could name the players in their 1985 FA Cup Final winning team.

Hit a nerve? are you a plastic chav?
by mighty hounds
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:Two wells outs
K Leighton 4-6 weeks
D Wise 4-6 weeks
E Fetherstonhaugh 3-4 weeks

Leighton and Fethers are big outs. Not sure about the middle name tho
by mighty hounds
Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:So who is coaching them this week then? As far as I know im about to pick Dave up from the airport....

PS...its frcking cold here

Ask Zartan, he knows whats going on at Flinders Park before anyone else does ;)

Sid Visser and Grant Sheuffele

Unreal :lol:
by mighty hounds
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Well that's 100 for the season then. On track for a record maybe?

It's a joke that Boo Eddys record will be broken in this way. IIRC Eddys record is about 129 and will be soundly beaten by the looks of things
by mighty hounds
Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Came across a write up from last weeks game between Rosewater and BOS.

Some interesting points –
- 6 changes for Rosewater from previous week - one of the changes I think played in the B’s against BOS
- Blackfriars only 1 player away from full strength - more than 1 away from full strength
- an ‘over the top’ celebration after the final siren - if you call shaking hands and saying well played plus a few players having a laugh about a BOS players snap shot that went wayward as being an over the top celebration then that is probably a correct statement

In the wash up it is the same as what happened in 2014. BOS lose at home early in the season and Rosewater lose at home late in the season. On the respective days both teams beaten by a better side.

So BOS going to win the GF again then Sprint?
by mighty hounds
Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:I've made a classic league for SAFooty if anyone wants to join? Code is 1427703-407028

Which site?

premierleague.com

Cheers mate, done

Our 4 man league is looking strong! :lol:
by mighty hounds
Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An outstanding 'club' performance by BOS to back up the div 6 flag in 2014 with the div 5 minor premiership in 2015. In our 10 year history we spent 3 years in div 5 playing in 2 A grade elimination finals , 1 B grade elimination final and then returned to div 6 in 2011.

As for our B grade, it has been a year of progress. We haven't set the world alight with results but after finishing 7th last year in div 6 we have backed up in a stronger competition to win 3 games, reduce margins across most other games and set up the opportunity to finish the year off at home with a win against Lutheran's. They were strong and proud on Saturday against a fierce opponent who bought every bit of intimidation they could in the first half and our lads stood up to the test. After a 20 odd point deficit in the first quarter they worked and worked to take the game by 12 points. A fair reversal from a 91 point loss in round 8.

Looking forward to round 18 and the finals campaign.

Good to see Rosewater have suffered since the day they blew the siren 3 and a half minutes early in that Elimination Final. 8)
by mighty hounds
Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Went to Cafe Ivy on the parade this morning for breakfast as the mrs bought something from guntree and we had to go down that way.

Although they gave me a cappuccino when i ordered a latte, the coffee was excellent, perfect temp and not burnt at all.

Wifey and I both ordered big breakfasts, and once again the lass got the order wrong as she brought out the vegetarian versions and we had to ask for the bacon and the sausages. But they were nice about it, so i dont mind the mixup really.

Bacon was excellent, and it is amazing the difference a really nice piece of toast makes.

With the entertainment book voucher we got one of the breakfasts for free, so it came to around $26, pretty decent value.

7/10

Not bad BMac. Do you know what time they serve breakfast until. I might surprise the wife one day but prefer more of a brunch timing

Went there sunday night after seeing a movie at Norwood. There bbq chicken pizza was mint! :YMAPPLAUSE: Full of toppings which i rate! highly recommend 9/10
by mighty hounds
Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont' know what all the squabble is about, in the end GG couldn't have finished any higher anyway I don't think. I can understand feeling hard done by at the time but in the end it made not a ounce of difference.

I'm not sure who's sillier, Mighty hounds or you GG lot for biting

Play on.

The GG lot for biting
by mighty hounds
Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

I don't knows who's sillier wonder_kid for saying it or FC for biting. ;) :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Just find a club you like playing footy at, that's all that matters.

Thats what i did :) .

Agree football is about having fun playing higher grades I lost interest few years back after coming to Houghton during season I enjoy football again

Absolutely. Really glad we came to Mitchell Park this year and wish we'd done it sooner, because this is the old fella's last year. I haven't seen him enjoy his footy so much in ages.. Will definitely be sticking around the club and coming to watch next year. :D

Probably doesn't help when you play for Aldinga ;)
by mighty hounds
Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172 wrote:Seriously, when's the last time Athelstone won a final?

Two weeks ago
by mighty hounds
Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Hayden Martinello becomes Lockleys 3rd paid player.

that hasnt been indicated to us..and i would know if it has or hasnt happened.. ;)

in other news i think SFC will have a new coach next year..my source is very, very sound..

also congrats to the riddler who was involved with norwoods u/18 win on the weekend..well done maestro!

Silly sunday was in full swing yesterday! 8)
by mighty hounds
Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

One particular part where the Joker writes something on the wall, then you turn around and the rooms different. The Jokers made me jump a few times actually. Its much darker than I thought it would be, which is good too.
Yes how good is that, I love these sorts cutscenes and effects, just adds so much to the whole Arkham experience. They've done those sorts of cutscenes in the previous Arkham games with Scarecrow and this time around with the Joker it's even better.

Blew my mind from when you face the Arkham Knight one on one to the end. just working through the Riddles now and then i'm done. Did anyone pay for season pass to do the bonus missions?
by mighty hounds
Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With a dreadful start to the season and games against Chelsea, Swansea, Tottenham and Manchester City on the radar, Tim Sherwood is under pressure to keep his job at Aston Villa. Now that Brendan Rodgers is looking for a new job, you may see Villa act swiftly if results don't go their way in the next fortnight.

Surely swapping one spud for another spud isn't a good idea? :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"On behalf of the Lockleys Football Club I am extremely pleased to announce the return of Hayden Martinello to the club for the 2016 season.
Hayden is a SAAFL representative player and SAAFL Div 3 medallist who will bring experience, flexibility and class to the side and we cant wait to see him out on the track in the blue and red colours.
Welcome back home mate!"

This from the Lockleys Facebook page. Very good get. Well done Zed and all involved.

I said it 3 weeks ago 8)
by mighty hounds
Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shoes/sneakers

MW wrote:@mighty hounds best thing to do is go into a specialised running store and they will put you on a treadmill and check you out. If you are not doing anything too strenuous on the kayanos you should be ok though.

All good MW, i actually purchased the Gel Nimbus' :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"On behalf of the Lockleys Football Club I am extremely pleased to announce the return of Hayden Martinello to the club for the 2016 season.
Hayden is a SAAFL representative player and SAAFL Div 3 medallist who will bring experience, flexibility and class to the side and we cant wait to see him out on the track in the blue and red colours.
Welcome back home mate!"

This from the Lockleys Facebook page. Very good get. Well done Zed and all involved.

I said it 3 weeks ago 8)
In a nice way too ;)

I think the big boy liked it! he was next to me when i wrote it :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stone Cold still gets the biggest pop when he comes out, wow we it was loud
by mighty hounds
Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

I see Mal Greenwood has the Willaston coaching job. Is he playing?
Great appointment I hear he has already signed a ruckman and several past players coming back to play after O'Connor finally was sent packing.
Donnybrooks to be a better team in 2016.
Have they signed young Josh Glenn?

Didnt Greenwood have a massive go at Willaston FC on facebook after the last game last season? Named a few players as absolute dogs etc, im guessing they wont be at WFC this year, reckon Campbell was one of them
Haven't signed josh yet but made a very nice offer , he will have a meeting with centrals first. My daughter in law plays netty for for Willaston only just told me yestie that greenwood was a absolute flog last time they played Willaston abusing the crowd and players, which makes his appointment some what bizzare.

I've heard from a very good source that South Gawler made a better offer than Williston
by mighty hounds
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not show results from 1969? Or 1974? Or 1987?
I fail to see any relevance in results 52 years ago.
Nostalgic maybe, but it would mean SFA to current players, managers & the majority of supporters.

Why? probably because those years didn't produce 81 goals. where did it mention that it had any relevance to the modem day players? It's a pretty remarkable round of football and one we'd probably never see again.
by mighty hounds
Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Another interesting titbit

FB_IMG_1451259761543.jpg

Stop posting irrelevant photos that aren't related to the thread name. :lol:
by mighty hounds
Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |