Search found 240 matches

Return

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

Stosur spudding it up again

Same post year after year.....

2 week tennis fans out in force again :roll:

Roll your eyes all you want, Yep I only follow the majors as I like all ups on sportsbet is that a crime to you? The fact remains Sam is a spud I heard the other day she hasn't won a game for about 6months or something stupid like that, I didn't take much notice of it but certainty wasn't surprised.

She struggles in Aus for whatever reason. But she's also beaten the most dominate women's player of all time in a grand slam final on her home court. Not bad for a "spud"
by mighty hounds
Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Speaking to an Eagles player it was decided after the grand final to go down the path of using their own juniors as too many are leaving due to lack of opportunities. Line in the sand. There will be no recruits announced at all other than Stewart who is a returning player

Joke!
That's gutless, can't face the hard reasons why they have failed so go and hide behind another excuse.
No coaches, no recruits, and no hard decisions made !
Is anyone actually accountable cos it seems like a giant luv fest at Oval Ave.
Godden surrounded by Yes men :roll:

well they let two juniors go over the last 3 years who are first choice midfielders at their new SANFL clubs
by mighty hounds
Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2016/2017

Can't see Wenger lasting too long now, he's asked his fans to be more like Spurs fans, that'll go down well! :lol:
Offered a 2 year extension recently it was rumoured

Nah he can **** right off. He's comment will probably be put out of context but it does put another nail in the coffin. Arsenal need change and I can't wait for it to happen. Allegri has been rumored replacement
Yeah I think you need change but not sure if Allegri is the right guy but happy for you to take him off us. He is one of the most unimaginative and defensive minded managers we have had at Juve. Yes he wins trophies but he currently has the best squad by a million miles in Italy and he still plays for 1-0 wins.

1-0 to The Arsenal. Start warming up the vocals again. :lol:
by mighty hounds
Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Bombers4EVA wrote:Do you remember the banter back in those days Morell? It was that good. It made my day so easier and so entertaining it was classic. I miss those good years. #BringbackscottroovsBradmanvsMightyHounds ha ha ha :lol: :lol:

Pardon?
by mighty hounds
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

You probably gave him a permanent ban LM on an old username ;)
LOL, I'm not even sure if I've ever waved my ban stick.
That's because we've all been good boys on here. And we all get along and play well together he he lol :lol: :lol:

nope, that line comes from the Salisbury Showers ;)

Where's Bathy? He was entertaining
by mighty hounds
Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Big in for CBC with a former SANFL player committing to the club. Name not mentioned on here before but someone similar has been named

@zedman, I honestly have no idea, I swear.

your nose is growing Pinocchio!

would be matty raymond who has played for the dolphins previously..

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks Zedman when we play them in a trial ;)
by mighty hounds
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2016/2017

Spargo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:What was Sanchez doing on the bench for the first half? :?

Resting him for CL midweek

He's going to score the 5 goals they need against Bayern Munich...

Only need 4 ;)
by mighty hounds
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

Suri wrote:Happy International Women's Day Footy Chick

#suckup. :lol:
by mighty hounds
Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League season 2016-17

Jim05 wrote:Ref was terrible all game, was allowing players to mouth off and touch him, missed some shockers and dished out some poor cards

even so, an elbow to the face is a red any day of the week
by mighty hounds
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off the bottom, cheers Wedgie :lol:
by mighty hounds
Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jase wrote:That's not far off how many showed up in Gosford... [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

More giant sauce bottles than fans :lol:
by mighty hounds
Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Ingle Farm would seriously be pretty much disappointed in nothing less than bringing back to Rowe park the silver Cup at the end of the season. Anything less is a waste of a year. Firm 2017 favourites. Just need to rock up on Saturday.
Are you telling me that Mawson Lakes wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't win the premiership - would think every club is aspiring to that.. otherwise what the hell are you doing?!

Just need to rock up Saturday - it's Ingle Farm, that's a challenge in itself, no guarantees there :lol:

Reckons he's attempting to take the piss out of you Zartan :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Pooraka vs Lockleys should be a good game Shaun Crowell looks to be in good ran well in trial against Houghton

He was given no respect and put on a show..... A grade bit of a wake up call...Lockleys good running will be hard to beat for anyone

In the B grade we ran hard was good game. Yes I did kick goals but once again they put someone else's name down tsk tsk tsk the Lockleys side was good i thought will be hard to beat

very impressed with pooraka A and B grade..ressies were very good..great pace and movement..looked like a team that had played a lot of games together and know each other well..A grade game was a top class..38 goals on a beautiful deck in the sunshine..quality spectacle..bulls are going to go very deep in the finals..

Bulls deep in the finals Zed? Be some happy girls around finals time
by mighty hounds
Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FA CUP 2015/2016

We're the famous Arsenal and we're going to wembly!

Well worth losing sleep for that plus winning a signed mesut Ozil shirt! Top night
by mighty hounds
Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Did Drew Lister not end up at Two Wells in the end? Noticed there's no clearance for him?
by mighty hounds
Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dylan McGowan won our golden boot award with 4 goals. Just shows how bad this season was
by mighty hounds
Fri May 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

thegrowler wrote:
old fullback wrote:Bos Smashed Woody Sth, Hmm, heard a Woody Sous man thanking the Glenelg coach for them getting T. Sumner,

Not sure what language this is in let alone what B/S you are trying to spin.

Pretty simple I thought. BOS smashed Woody south. Sounds like. English to me
by mighty hounds
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Supporter Group to hang sh&t on

Most forum users have left this shit behind a decade ago. This is total noob crap.

Regards,

REB

It was more a society question than a forum question.

Every second thread has it. It's literally in most threads.

Regards,

You're a self-righteous flog

LMAO. You've just been trolled. Here endeth the lesson. You've also answered your own question. When the media relentlessly pumps up the relentlessly mediocre, precious Adelaide fans get the hackles up every time when someone points out just how shit they are. The best supporter group to hang shit on is Adelaide every time. On this forum, we've all been bantering for a long time. It's almost impossible to get a bite here because we all know each other so well. You jumped right into the boat. Welcome to the forum dude. ;)

regards,

REB

Isn't trolling against site rules? Does REB cop a ban now? :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL round 13

Breaking news. Damien Hardwick has banned his Richmond players from walking their dogs because they can't hold a lead!
by mighty hounds
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

DodgyStrings wrote:If I knew how to upload videos I have a 'very interesting' one of Brightons timekeepers ability to keep correct time. More than happy to post if it puts any doubt to bed, just need help in doing so.

Plenty of time to work it out with a couple weeks holiday mate ;)
by mighty hounds
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Any crow going near dangerfield putting some physical presence on him. "Like"
by mighty hounds
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We wan't a Crows v Power Grandfinal in 2017.

If you guys are not happy about South Australia media talking about South Australian teams you're are welcome to leave the state permanently. No one is stopping you :lol:

It's good to see someone understands the media and how it caters to its audience.

Well what do you expect? (Serious question) I've been interstate plenty of times and see hardly any talk of teams from outside that state. If there ever was a showdown or a derby grand final I'd expect the media to be crazy as it would be rare and a big deal within the respective states. A lot less quiet if it happened in nsw or qld I'd imagine though.

I'm agreeing with you.
Judging by the regular claims of Victorian media bias from people in SA, there are many that don't understand the point you're making, or think it should only apply in SA.

Sorry DW I thought you were being sarcastic.
by mighty hounds
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

morell wrote:It was alright, its not over yet though.

I did have D6-2007 in bold. Must've done it right :lol:
by mighty hounds
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

What the **** is this The Bedge palaver.

Sounds like a shit northern suburbs Sports Bar.
If it was a Northern 'burbs sports bar, you can guarantee the place would be pumping.. people would lurk from far and wide..

Figured every man and his dog already knows who I am, so may as well not bother hiding behind a pseudonym anymore haha!

I am the artist formerly know as Zartan .

And Phantom Gossiper? ;)
by mighty hounds
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Two Wells premiers!!! 13 Points!
by mighty hounds
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets: Dos and don'ts

AFL Grand Final day falls on my birthday this year so I've purchased a GF package with my partner back in round 3. Paid $1900 each and that includes grand final breakfast at the Crown and we've got a seat in M13. We purchased flights back in may as well and only paid $600 total return. Flights now are almost that one way.
Sounds to me you did/done the right thing. All you need now is for the Crows to be part of it.

Yeh that would top it off nicely. I went in with the expectation of watching a neutral grand final and if the Crows made it that would just be a nice bonus.
by mighty hounds
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

bennymacca wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Hey benny enjoy this week but you haven't won anything yet. Gracious and crows supporters don't go together to well does it.

Take as many pot shots as you want. I’m bloody happy and proud of my boys.

Ignore it Benny, they'll be trying all week
by mighty hounds
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets

On that subject (& good luck with that duncs)
How many of the Crowies on this site are going? & if not, why not?
Not saying you have to but just interested as to the supporters reasons for their decisions.

Went over in 98, decided on the Friday morning, left after work, not a Crows supporter but my mate is so I went along for the experience.
Had no ticket, no accommodation, almost no car (stole the missus).
Left Friday night, stayed at Bordertown, mate remembered a uni classmate who lived there & took the punt even though he hadn't seen him in 15 years, lucked in there. The guy dropped us in Flinders st, on the way in some girl offered us a ticket for a hunge, took that & got another from a scalper near the queue where they line up for the missing MCC members, thought that was where the scalpers would hang. He wanted $600 for 2 but we reasoned with him that when the gates on that queue opened he could be left with no takers so he sold us the one for $300.
Found out later that Bill Sanderson was handing out tickets at the parade.

Just saying, it's worth the punt to head over, even if you luck out the atmosphere around Melbourne is electric & you can watch it at the cas, Federation square or a number of big screen pubs.

I'm going. The grand final falls on my birthday so leading into round 3 I purchased a grand final package. Had no worries going to a neutral grand final but the crows making it just topped it off nicely. Package also includes grand final breakfast at the Crown 8:30-11-:30. My seats are in M13 row AA. The same flights I got back in may for 300 return and now 2k return.
by mighty hounds
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Any chance of Monfries coming home to Sturt?

You guys already go OK for small forwards don't ya with Hansen and Hone types? Might be better to out the $$ toward Gore and Trengove if they wanna come home?

I’ll take all 3 JK
by mighty hounds
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Brodlach, I’m after my Lachie Neale daily update please? :lol:
by mighty hounds
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2017/18

Up the Bears!
by mighty hounds
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB 2017

HH3 wrote:Heading to the Bite game tonight.

Bite short stop Rodrigo Ayarza is an Astros minor leaguer. So I messaged the Bite to see if I could get something signed, and they're gonna try to organise for me to meet him pre-game!

did you met him HH3?
by mighty hounds
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Never lost in 19, 19!!!
You’d be squealing too if the shoe was on the other foot - God knows your whinging manager would.

Did you see me come on here and whine about the our disallowed goals that have cost us 6 points?
Yep, about 6 posts back :lol:

We must have varying definitions of a whine :lol:

In Mason we trust!
by mighty hounds
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions League 2017/18

Real ain't that tough, we knocked them off pretty easily.

We knocked you off pretty easy. Soccer doesn’t work like that
Shoo you, supporters of the big clubs in Europe are talking. ;)

One season doesn’t trump years of winning and 22 years in the champions league, no power shift. Know your place little brother.
by mighty hounds
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Purchased The first two Batman games in the Arkham series they remastered on PS4. completely finished Arkham Asylum and now going through Arkham City getting these damn Riddler trophies. Anyone else out there played the first two of the series? How did you find them?
by mighty hounds
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2017/18

Coincidentally it is 24 years to the day since Kraft bought the Patriots and NE score 24 points

Coincidentally the biggest bandwagon in sports just got bigger
Every successful team gets them MH

Man U, Chelski, Man City
Sturt, Norwood, and for those with long memories, Glenelg

I feel like the Pats is the worse of the bunch though. Always complaining when they don’t have things go their way. Try being a Bears fan ya fooking sooks :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great 2nd half by Spurs, should have won so a late point more than deserved, what a goal by Wanyama!
And well done to Harry Kane on netting his 10th EPL goal at such a young age.
4 points against them is not as good as 6 but itll have to do.

Big achievement netting your 10th Premier League goal :lol:
by mighty hounds
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Forza Juve!!
What a choke by Spurs

Brightoned :lol:

There you go MH, fixed it up for ya ;)

Must be due for our annual 90th minute winner :lol:
by mighty hounds
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Later UTD better spend another 900million :lol: :oops:
Disgraceful performance and Mourinho must be on thin ice. If we need to spend another 900 million so be it because today was unacceptable

I don’t really watch utd to be honest but he has so many attacking options and seems to play way to defensively. Maybe change the manger before throwing away 900 million

Sanchez getting a lot of slack after this loss. Left Arsenal to win trophies, even though he did win 2 FA Cups with us.

More like the 350k per week pay rise was the reason. No player will ever say they left because of the salary. Saying winning trophies is the easy cop out
by mighty hounds
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

0 trophies is no more than 0 trophies.

0 trophies? He didn’t come from Spurs
He left Arsenal to win more trophies. At least Arsenal made a final this season which might be more than Man U achieve.
I'm on your side doofus. At least Arsenal are still in Europe in some form unlike Man U this season.

ohh :lol: don't forget Arsenal also finished above man utd the last 4-5 seasons. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
by mighty hounds
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Was I the only one who read that long post?

Unbelievably I don't think you were.

guilty :lol:
by mighty hounds
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clarets close the gap on Arsenal to 2 points and showing why they are the best team outside the ‘big’ six.
LIVERPOOL got lucky with Sane very lucky to be on the pitch after getting booked for diving but not for deliberate handball
West Ham fans happy this week. Amazing what 3 points can do. All those added Security costs wasted after all
City destroy Everton but boy were the Toffees shite.
Huddersfield might get away with it this year, despite being on a downward roll. Lucky Soton, Stoke and WBA aes all basket cases.
Foxes keep the pressure on the Clarets, winning at toothless Brighton

Come on Stoke, prove me wrong tomorrow

8)
by mighty hounds
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Adelaide Footy League Tipping comps.

The Dark Knight wrote:If there's enough interest in it I'll do Div 3.

I’ll join div 3 Dark Night
by mighty hounds
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Heading off today to do the John Gray Sea Canoe tour. It’s a kayaking tour of the sea caves around Phang Nga.. I’ll post my thoughts on it once I’ve returned :D
by mighty hounds
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

what you upset that Sullies aren’t gonna get the easy ride they thought in this div? Have a think about it

We’ve hardly won a game in 6/7 years and you think we think this will be easy?. Never heard a single person within the club say we will get an easy ride to a flag. We’re new to travelling, playing on ovals we’ve never seen before and so far have had two tightly contested battles. We are learning to win again as club and we are really enjoying our experiences in the AdFL.
You might not think it.. but I bet you’re quality recruits who have all flooded back to the club think it was gonna be that easy

Nah mate your wrong.. anyway define recruits, 17 from yesterday’s side have played 100+ games for the club most of them also played juniors for us. Of the quality returns only Trev Rigney and Jeff Lines have spent extended time away from the club. Dan Loveridge (played 200th senior game for us yesterday) and Adam Rigney spent one season away. On top of that 17 we have 3 x 17/18 year olds so that makes 20 of yesterday’s side that you can’t class as “recruits”. In fact only 1 player could be classed a recruit and that is Max Cooper who came to the club with a mate. Most of yesterday’s team played for us last season.

In fact we lost some gun “recruits” from last season most notably Polec to Pulteney, Francis and Carr to Kilburn, Wheadon to Port Adelaide, Papagozlov to Aldinga. Almost all of these guys are featuring in the bests/ goals for their current clubs. These guys were recruited to the club so we could survive in a very strong competition..now we are at our level and I am loving the fact we are starting to feel like a real footy club again. It’s not fun when the club you love is knocking on heavens door like we were to end last season.

Bedge gets a bit of Dutch courage late Saturday nights, let the troll be
by mighty hounds
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heading off today to do the John Gray Sea Canoe tour. It’s a kayaking tour of the sea caves around Phang Nga.. I’ll post my thoughts on it once I’ve returned :D

Brilliant mate!

We went to one near Monkey Island, we had to wait for the tide to go out so we could sneak under some rock formations to get into this amazing place.

None of the pictures I took do it justice.

Oops, forgot about this. I’ll post a couple of paragraphs of the whole trip once I’m back
by mighty hounds
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alright! We've made it home. Here's the rundown of the activities we did, anything outside of activities were spent in the Pool at the Banthai Beach and Spa Resort. The hotel was sensational, decent size rooms and very good air-conditioning. The hotel is in a great location based about 100m from the Patong Beach and 60 metres from Banglore Road. The hotel has three decent sized pools all with bars. Each of the three pools has different happy hours so you can make the most of it and right yourself off pretty easily :lol:
One thing i wasn't aware of is that it was Thailand New Year on the friday or otherwise known as Songkran Festival. For those that don't know about it its bloody hectic and be prepared to get wet! Everywhere basically closes and for those that stay open cover their shops with ponchos. Be prepared to get wet.

John Grey Sea Conoe Tour. Hotel Transfer included. This was a Kayak tour around the islands of Phang Nha Bay. This Included three stops around bay (can't remember the names :lol: ) going kayaking through the caves and into the lagoons, absolutely amazing scenery. At first i was a bit devo we couldn't kayak ourselves but pretty quickly realised it was good to have a guide do it for you. Throughout the day the put on a pretty decent spread of food that ranged from fish, chicken, veggies, noodles, fruit, soups and some deep fried food. Although the first two kayaks were impressive the main event came at night time in the Batcave. Before you go into the Batcave you along with your guide make this special artwork out of a banana tree to place into the water to give thanks for some Thai beliefs. Once that is finished you splash throughout the Cave in total darkness and the water along with he rocks make the splash go a flouro blue colour. Its pretty impressive. It cost about 3,500BHT booked through a tour guide and is one i recommend.

Our hotel offered a complementary shuttle bus to Old Phuket Town which we decided to do the save money on a driver to see the Big Buddha. Not much is needed with this one, a must see and once your at the top have remarkable views looking over Phuket and the beach.

Splash Jungle. Cost about 1,450 BHT. if you go here and you've been to water bomb park in Bali don't go in thinking it'll be in the same ball park because you'll be disappointed. The park is only small and has only one main set-up for slides.
The different options are
Super Bowl - a slide you can go single or double, slide down the slide and go around in big bowl and then into the pool.
Body and Tube Slide - nothing special really more for the kids but the best one is the blue tube thats covered in darkness until you hit the water
Family Raft Ride - fits 3-6. the best one. highly recommend going on with 6 people who have decent weight to them so you can get right up the side of the slide and turn backwards a couple of times before you hit the water.
The Whizzard - Rainbow coloured single slide which 6 people can use. Each slide starts in the dark then the you come down the final slope you slide into the open along the horizontal.

Shooting and Go-Karting
They have range of guns you can shot from shotguns, sniper rifles and magnums. Sniper rifle being the cheapest and the shotgun the most expensive. You have the choice from 10 bullets to 20 bullets and also 30 bullets with the price increasing if you decide to shot with more bullets. I paid about 1,030 BHT to shot 10 bullets with the Sniper Rifle. First time shooting a gun it was something i enjoy. After the shooting we went across the road to the Go-Karts. 800Baht got us 15 mins on karts which went 70km/h max. Theres two Go-karting tracks across from each other with the other looking like theres more corners and less straight parts. Theres about 8 different kart options you can chose but i think they don't allow you to go higher than 80km'h unless your pro. Everyone loved the track and had a ball. Highly recommend.

The Flying Human - Zip lining through the rainforest.
This was pretty fun. Theres three different courses you can choose. Course A (3,450 BHT)- is the longest and goes for 3 and half hours, 28 or so zip lines. Course B (2,900BHT) 2 and half hour and 20 zip lines and Course C (2,300BHT) which was only 12 zip lines. We went with course C. Whatever you do don't do this hungover the first walk about 10 mins up the very steep hill and you'll be shagged from the get go :lol: We found the lesser amount to be perfect as the novelty wears off bit after the first 8 of so. You'll found the first couple a bit scary but once you realised its quite safe the nerves go away and you'll enjoy it a lot more. highly recommend this activity.

The last of the activities was the cruise around Phi Phi islands which was meant to be a sunrise event but due to a low tide had to wait about an hour to leave. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Included 7 stops with 3 snorkels. The first snorkel stop was very choppy and we got cained by waves. Some of the crew saw a reef shark but this reef did have a lot more the big colourful fish than or next stop. We missed one location due to the choppy water but did get the third snorkel which was more enjoyable in the calmer water. Saw smaller fish in the this snorkel and less variety than the first. The water at some of these locations were crystal clear, some of the best I've seen and the final stop has the best beach I've ever seen.

Would def head to Phuket again but reckon we'll try and Vietnam and Cambodia first.
by mighty hounds
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I have been a Port Magpies fan since 1988 when I was 7 years old..I continue to support the Port Magpies and regularly attend the games but have not been a member since the Power amalgamation. I'm a Brisbane Lions fan in the AFL and have no affection for Port Power whatsoever. I never saw them as the same thing in 1997, especially when a number of the players of the time specifically tried to distance themselves from any Magpies heritage with comments that they made to the media.

Scott Hodges makes the same point in his recent book, explaining why to this day he continues to support Collingwood in the AFL. I strongly was against the AFL intrusion in the SANFL, however it has happened and it's now become the lesser of two evils to me if the alternative is no magpies at all. It's a sad state of affairs for us old Port fans, hating the AFL in SANFL but now having to hope for it to continue.. :(

You can't hang you're hat on that, all new players to all clubs need to be educated on their clubs history. Just remember that because the Power aren't black and white or called the magpies doesn't mean they're not Port Adelaide, born at Alberton not at SANFL headquarters upon some hard work and vision 7 years earlier. You don't knock someone for trying to seek promotion in the workforce nor should we knock the PAFC for wanting to prove themselves in the highest competition, whatever colours or name they might be.

Another case of you don’t agree with me so you are wrong.

A passionate subject that people with no vested interest or emotional involvement will never understand.

Doesn’t mean everyone has to agree or will feel the same
by mighty hounds
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bertiebeatle wrote:Couldn’t be happier. Thank ****

8 years too late
by mighty hounds
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Runde sechs

Crows have harder training drills than this tonight

Reckon I watched about 20 minutes of the game on the hill.

Was a weird atmosphere because the game wasn’t a contest at any point, except for maybe a little period in the third where GC kicked a few in a row.

unfortunately we didn’t get out of the game unscathed but you would think we should get past Carlton at home and so they won’t be risking any players

I thought the same Benny. Only time the crowd seemed interested was after GC 3 in a row. Very strange atmosphere
by mighty hounds
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |