Return

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

go to about the 9 minute mark...

by woodublieve12
Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asian Cup 2015

ABC have taken an interest in the round ball of late, so it might be on radio.
891 AM as far as Truro flats, then you'll lose radio for about 10 minutes before you can pick up 1062 AM (Riverland ABC).

I'm really looking forward to the Asian Cup, just pissed off there's no Adelaide games (and I was in Newcastle a week or so too early).
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

leave the game alone ffs
by MW
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Wedgie wrote:Gratz Danger, first Geelong player to win the Blight medal! :)

Yeah Blight previously couldn't get any Geelong player a medal...especially the one that counts
by MW
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Doesn't help when you are bringing in recruits from div 5 to try and win you games in that league either though.
by Old_mate21
Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Flinders Park would be looking at big turn around. With a smart coach like Kenners i would look for them to be big improvers.

Yes he is a good coach, but he has some holes to fill with Martinello and O'Hara departing

Martinello is a hack anyway. O'Hara a bigger loss. :lol:

bit rich coming from a past APFL ressie star...
by Officejet
Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval

Go Blues, great win. Who cares what they dished up, we won, easily and it's "Port". Enjoy the win lads.
by gadj1976
Sun May 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8- Sturt v South at Unley (Saturday)

Very good win to the Blues.
Sturt 14-10: 94
South 7-4: 46
Mark Evans finished with 4, including two in two minutes in the third quarter, which really got Sturt going.
Sturt started strong and were leading the Panthers 6 goals to 1 early in the second, when South managed to clog the Sturt forward line for about half an hour. Many forward forays were stifled in that time while the Panthers put their heads down and replied a few times, closing the margin to 10 points by the 6 minute mark of the third quarter. South continued to defend hard, leaving Sturt goalless from the 4th minute of the second quarter to the 8th minute of the third, and in the 17th minute, when Xavier Gotch answered Sturt's only goal for the quarter up to that point, I began to worry that they would begin to show the form that made them the top side and the team to beat.
Enter Mark Evans and a big pair of strong hands. Sturt kicked 7 goals to 1 from that point on, and was mainly enabled by the strong marking under pressure, which was a feature of Sturt's game today IMO. The long kicking for goals was another, especially in the final quarter when at least two goals were sunk from outside 50, and a couple went close. Kirkwood also showed he could take a grab or two under pressure. In the end Sturt took 100 marks to South's 66, and were a lot cleaner with their skills.
Not sure what to make of South, I read that they had a few players out, and then we got them after we had the bye, and a relatively full strength side. When the two sides meet again at Noarlunga it will surely be a lot tougher. South is not the first side to get a pasting at Unley, and we often play better than we really are on that hallowed surface.
My first game of the year owing to a very busy schedule, so still not sure who the players are, but I did notice Battersby, Riley, Crocker and Lienert were often amongst it. I was impressed with what I saw of Lienert actually, still 21 yo and looked quite mobile for a big fella, and took a good grab or two also. Sturt had winners all over the ground though, and I think the more I name those I thought played well, the greater the disservice to those I cannot name. But Harms went in and used the ball effectively on a number of occasions I saw.
I think the crowd might have reached about 2,500. A good turn out of South fans, and their cheer squad was very visible and vocal on the hill, especially as they threatened Sturt late in the second and early in the third. For me though, I thought the atmosphere was down for a game as important as that one. Sturt were perhaps an outside chance before the start of play, but they were the next logical challenger after South had disposed of the Ravens a couple of weeks back, there should have been a much greater atmosphere. If this is the size of the new SANFL "blockbuster" then I am not sure what to think. Hopefully there'll be weightier games as the season progresses.
The battle for top spot is well and truly on now. A shame that the SANFL has such a raffle of a draw at the moment; there are three sides that have dropped one game, and the side with the worst percentage of the three is top.
Looking forward to next week it's Friday Nwd v WA, Saturday, CD v Adel, and on the Sunday it's PA v SA and then NA v Sturt. No real certainties there I think, except South should hold their top spot against Port. The week after, round 10, is a full 5 matches (What? Who would have thought it, when we have ten teams?!), Sturt have Adelaide on the Saturday of that round, which is the only side Sturt has not played in the top 5 as yet. Having said that, I fear North and Glenelg just as much as I feared South before today. The competition seems even enough that almost anyone could win on their day.
Maybe Eagles the biggest worry of the lot.

TEAM...................P W L D % PTS
1. SOUTH..........7 6 1 0 55.41 12
2. ADELAIDE......6 5 1 0 58.88 10
3. STURT............6 5 1 0 58.57 10
4. EAGLES..........7 5 2 0 54.55 10
5. CENTRAL........6 3 3 0 55.15 6
6. NORTH.......... 7 3 4 0 48.01 6
7. GLENELG.......7 2 5 0 50.44 4
8. PORT............. 7 2 5 0 45.17 4
9. NORWOOD...6 2 4 0 43.78 4
10. WEST............7 0 7 0 33.72 0
by therisingblues
Sat May 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Some good ones are -

Fallout 4 (obviously). Good story. Heaps to do, so if you get bored you can do other things. Just exploring the world is fun on its own.

Planetside 2 (PS4 and PC) - Free to play online shooter. I think there can be 100s of people in the same battle at a time split between three factions. Air and land vehicles add to the action. Just download it from the PS Store. Its about 22Gb I think.

Battlefield 4 - Still holds up as the best online shooter on PS4. I think its pretty cheap, and there are still heaps of people playing.

Homefront and Doom just came out. Havent played them yet. Homefront looks more like my sort of game, just for the storyline aspect.

Battleborn looks shit, and the beta I played got boring quickly.
by HH3
Tue May 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Euros 2016

Dogwatcher wrote:How good was Shaqiri's equaliser?
Not enough to get them through, though.

18 minutes in - Wales score a goal ruled off side against Northern Ireland.

Absolute cracker! The real question is, could he do it on a wet and windy night at Stoke?
by nuggety goodness
Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

oh dear lord they are changing the '50' on the arc to '29' for this game...

For his 427th game, the most by any VFL/AFL player ever?

Multicultural round we had ours in Chinese, you didn't need the Kleenex for that as well did you?

unlike Port, North are challenging for a finals berth and need to win to hold off STK who are the team they are playing.
Yes celebrate the milestone but don't forget the no.1 focus for the day...win the f..king game to keep your season alive.

No one gives a shit what Port do with their China move, we've become used to Ports match day antics as an attempt to deflect the other on field faults.
by MW
Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Well well well, don’t you look very silly now Mighty Hounds, on the APFL Forum canning the Angle Vale F.C. for their facilities.

No doubt the people running the show at Flinders Park have worked hard at an attempt to get the surface up to scratch, just like the people of Angle Vale FC.
Um, I wouldn't compare the two clubs too much..
by Lame Choice
Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Wub is correct, while I didn't hear it at the game, I was 5m from the North race as the boys walked off, however when I got home I watched it on TV and you could hear it clearly in the moments before they walked off. Dickheads.

Went with no expectation last night and thought we did OK in patches but struggled up forward to convert and put any sort of pressure on the Crows. Maj was great and Dumont did some good things, with Cunnington & JZ only mid 20's there is a chance of a rebound without bottoming out. I look forward to seeing what this new era brings.

Crows were less than impressive, will cop a flogging in Sydney.
Love when losing supporters say winning teams are less than impressive when they have won by 10 goals. What else would you like them to do?

What your really saying is the team you support is totally shithouse
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:SEN are reporting that O'Meara has asked for a trade to Hawthorn.

If they have put 4mil over 5 years on the table its hardly a surprise really.

Thanks for that scoop Stan ;)

Just trying to help you out there, im not sure what radio feeds you can get under your bridge.
by stan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions League 16/17

If only crowd numbers equaled points... ;)
by Jase
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

face the facts Eagles supporters, you guys just crumble under pressure when it comes to Grand Finals.

The most important game of the year and Sturt were able to beat you.

Who cares if you beat us 3 times during the year, we won the important game and now the chimney looks good on Port Road.
by Bluedemon
Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 3 - 2017

Remember when these groups were informative and fun???
by woodublieve12
Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 3 - 2017

Did... did... did FC just hashtag????

:shock:

sometimes you just need to fight fire with fire.

As a sidenote and completely off topic, I'm even refusing to watch MKR for the first time ever this year because of the two hashtaggers in the ads.

that's how much I hate hashtags.

i might change my profile pic to this:

http://d1nr5wevwcuzuv.cloudfront.net/stores/avatars/64156/medium/avatar.jpg?1355971790
by zedman
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Ruben Carter wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Erin Phillips quote "I'm so proud to be a crow"

Let's wait & see if she stays there when PA enter a team :D

Port have a team and shes good enough to play in it.
by DOC
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

But very wide Suri. Took our guys a while in all grades to work out where they could shoot at goal or not. Distance from goal seemed difficult to gauge for our lads. A "50 metre" line that is marked at 43.5 metres (so I was told) probably didn't help. Our blokes have a big adjustment to make with the style of umpiring and how the opposition plays to that style. But overall it was a nice return to the SAAFL on a great autumn day and one of the nicer grounds in metro Adelaide (when its dry). And the Walkerville Ladies Day was an added bonus!!!

:lol: really DTH? Anywhere from centre at Walkerville, it's a postage stamp

Edited for accuracy
by Jimmy_041
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And Brighton left the SFL for competitive games :shock: :shock: :shock:

They will get them.

In 2019.

Get a grip people.

They haven't played any of the likely other top 4 teams.

The only team they have smashed is a team that has not won in two years.

From what I can gather they are a mid to upper Div 2 standard club but still plenty to play out in this one. They deserve credit for all the off field work, recruiting and improvements made in the off season. Transferring nicely to on field performance.
by wristwatcher
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2016/2017

Wedgie wrote:
images (7).jpg

Doesn't this just highlight that you couldn't hold into bale and modric?
by bennymacca
Wed May 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

morell wrote:I must be confused. I swear the last game Para Hills played before this year was a winning GF in Div 5?

Unless that was last year it doesn't make them the reigning premiers.
by cracka
Sun May 28, 2017 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Which club and which player?

Jesse Landers sorry played as 0 point player on weekend but coming from country to play football for glenunga each week would have to be 2 points ?

Unless he played all his juniors at Glenunga

And if he's only played juniors in the Hills he wouldn't be worth points anyway?
by jo172
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

Awesome effort from Collingwood, so funny how all the Crows supporters gave up, my missus didn't understand it but she's used to Geelong coming back. Awesome result for GWS and Geelong. :D
Jacobs BOG for me, he should be captain, best ruck man in the comp IMHO.

All crows supporters being the sample size of the pub you work in?
by MW
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Come on guys, it's a winter sport - surely a bit of mud isn't the end of the world
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

I didn't see any of the game last night but will watch the replay today so I thought I would give a summary of the comments from on here last night

Crows got a great ride from the umpires
Crows fans started booing before the game started and haven't stopped since
Crows have never kicked straight at goals
Kennedy is huge for the Swans
Sam Mitchell is a Demi god and M Crouch shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence
Port fans jump on the Crows bashing after they have a ordinary win
Benny copes a lot of stick but generally deserves it :lol:
Wedgie loves the Crows
KG is so old he rode a dinosaur to school
Wubbzy enjoyed his Chardonnay and Apricot slice just a little too much, sounds like he wanted to go to Pt Augusta with the sugar mummas
Hawks fans are very salty they are going to miss finals, especially one living in Victoria by himself who clearly needs to 'rub one out' ;)

Oh and we lost by 3 points but are still top. Looking forward to the next 5 weeks of footy.
by Brodlach
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Love how there are 2 sets of rules for SA Footy. Guess it's who you know.
As for the Tirade thrown at Inallseriousness, I will say that we all have a lot better knowledge of James than you do Carey. Maybe drop him or don't give him a coaching job, then you may see what a s**t bloke he can be. I find it funny too, and if you have a problem with that, well, you know where i am, or just go ahead and abuse me. We all now know you won't get banned. ;)
by old farmer
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Are we about to see the biggest lopsided crowd at the MCG? I'm predicting 80k Richmond fans and 100 Giants fans. I still think 100 is being generous :lol:
Can't remember if it was sportsbet or not, but on FB this morning there was a post "GWS have organised a charter for all their fans to get to the MCG.." and had a photo of an orange foot scooter below :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

woodublieve12 wrote:Hey benny enjoy this week but you haven't won anything yet. Gracious and crows supporters don't go together to well does it.

Take as many pot shots as you want. I’m bloody happy and proud of my boys.
by bennymacca
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

GO YOU BLUES!!!!!!

What a bloody arm wrestle that was! We won every quarter except the final, when Port suddenly clicked. There was no real moment that indicated we had it won until the final siren went. Probably Riley's goal just before 3 Q time, to put the only major in the board for the quarter after Port had most of the play, may have been a sign that we were going to win it. Jarrod Lienert's fantastic goal before the 3 Q siren in 2016 was a similar such moment.
We were on the hill, so my view of the play at about the 25th minute Final Q may not have been too clear, but the Port lads were struggling for possession on about their forward 50 line, and play was moving sideways from east to west when suddenly, somebody in black and white got clean hands on the leather, and had sufficient time to put the ball to boot. For me it looked as though he'd steadied enough to put the ball through the goals from that position, he was pretty much in front, and probably within 50 at that point. Then some double blue guernsey materialised out of thin air and prevented that ball from being anything but still disputed.

That smother summed up Sturt's performance yesterday. We stood up and absorbed every last ounce of courage, strength, skill, sweat and tears that Port had to throw at us and we walked off victors. The surge of excitement I felt was like nothing I have experienced in sport, ever. I went into yesterday's Grand Final feeling like I wanted it more than 2016. 2016 was my first flag. I was 3 in 74, 5 in 76. In Japan in 2002, so 2016 was my first, but all it did was whet the appetite for more. I was damn hungry for that flag yesterday, my observations tell me the feeling around the club was the same. Had a few frothies at the Strath after the game, where every 5 minutes "A Grand Old Flag" would erupt amongst Blues in some part of the Hotel or another.

Great feeling, great to be Sturt, love the desperation that brought to the game, loved the atmosphere and the absolute chaos that broke out on the hill when the siren went.
GO YOU BLUES!!!
Roll on 2018... 8)
by therisingblues
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

stan wrote:Francis is contracted and Essendon will be no different to Carlton.

Cameron is contracted and most people on here are fine with it

#doublestandardsbysome
by Brodlach
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

The first half was so hard to watch!
Sooooo many fouls and blokes acting like they've been shot!
Stamp the theatrics out of the game please.
But got the job done in the end....phew.

Exactly how I felt! Guys feel contact and throw themselves forward chest first like they've been sniped.

I appreciate and respect the skill and fitness in the game, but geez I really struggle to watch the game.. even the commentators are boring and bit monotone. The crowd chanting "Olay olay" annoyed me too haha.

It's the biggest blight on the game, the theatrics. How do the players get away with their actions towards the ref? Throwing their arms up in air and gesturing "**** off" or the like. The Honduran manager was going ape droppings on the sidelines at the 4th official, for what, maybe a missed free kick?

It's the worst part of soccer and it really does stop me from watching any matches. I tuned in last night as it was our national team trying to make the World Cup, but I did turn over to other programs twice during the first half and then when the ricochet went in and made it 1-nil I figured it was either going to be 3-0 or the Hondurans would go the knuckle. Nearly both.

Start acting like grown ups and set an example for the next generation or the whole "show" is going to get less watchable.

Imagine an aussie rules player, at any level, throwing his arms up and the ref and flicking him off? He'd be laughed at. Rightly so.

I flicked back just as the handball was called and that was it for me.

Lol I agree with the theatrics are a blight on the game but the rest of the world is still in love with game and just because a few ozzies find it a tad boring doesn't have FIFA shaking in there boots

The whole show has now been going on for years and years and is only increasing in popularity world wide
by whufc
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

$75 :shock:

Dutchy writes - Port don't make money.

Port charge members for a once off full day behind the scenes experience.

Dutchy writes - What a rip off!

I'm assuming amber and little uk have had similar pot shots.

Sun came up this morning. :D

There not pot shots.......there opinions.

You know, like the ones you give on the Crows and North Melbourne.

No one likes a hypocrite remember............
by amber_fluid
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To trade or to draft, that is the question.

@Spargo how did your lad end up at Melbourne?
by JK
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

mighty hounds wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
You were saying? 8)

Hey you beat Burnley 1-0 from a gifted penalty. I think my point still stands ;)

Hey, you LOST. What’s that now? 3 90th minute winners in a row now for Arsenal agaisnt Burnley? :lol:

1-nil to the Arsenal

I’m depressed
by johntheclaret
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Ummm sorry Office Jet, you might find I actually know him and recruited him to a club a few years back. Know his history quite well. Oh yeah by the way, it’s google not goggle bud
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Given Watts relationship with the media over the years......mainly one way from the media, why’d they put up Watts to front the media?
Haven’t heard from Rockliff or Motlop?

Rockliff fronted the media after his first session.

At this point, I am unaware of an interview involving Motlop.

Motlop was at KFC and Rockliff was in rehab nursing a sore shoulder, the ladies AFL starts sooner so Watts the natural choice...Thomas had to duck out. ;)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2018

besides mitchell and omeara, who is the hawks midfield? looks very thin in there.

With roughy and burgoyne a year older, i cant see them continuing to have the impact they have had either.
Liam Shields isn't the worst... he is better than a few of yours!

More on the wing though right? Smith and shield are good wingers but depth in the midfield I was more thinking

Dont know why i bother with you blokes that dont watch anyone but the Crows but Shiels is a tackling machine in the mids, one of our taggers if the situation calls for it, hes a three time premiership player, but thats alright you Crows fans keep beating it over all your premiership players.
Id rather have our mids than yours with Sloane in it whos output relies solely on the whim of the opposition coach.

Maybe it's them not bothering with you because of statements like that?

There isn't a bloke in the football world who would want the Hawthorn midfield over Adelaide's.
by Booney
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

It's been the age old question that has remained unanswered for nearly 10 years....

Can a D6 side beat a D1R side?

On behalf of the Houghton FC, I am extremely excited to announce that we're about to find out! (although in this case, it'll be a D7 side)

Houghton will host the Tea Tree Gully reserves side on March 4th at Aldi Arena (times to be announced)

Will be definitely worth heading on down for a look so we can finally put this argument to rest ;)

I'm sooooooo looking forward to this!

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1387215104ra/7552419.gif

What an exciting life you must lead.
by adr107
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2007 AFL Grand Final Geelong v Port

amber_fluid wrote:I’d sit and watch the 2007 and 2017 GF back to back with a few froffs any day! :lol:

I guess if you cannot make your own you need to watch others ;)
by Brodlach
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Rubbish performance but luckily no real damage done
The damage was done when you forked out for Sanchez, its disrupted your whole side.

Liverpool away next for Spurs, with Liverpools record against the top sides Id be happy with a point!
Spurs will beat Liverpool. Liverpool always lose to the small clubs
by beef
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Heading to Thailand around April. Was just wondering what are some activities the SAFooty faithful recommend to do over there? At the moment we have a cruise and snorkel booked in and maybe a flying fox activity. What has anyone done over there in the past they highly enjoyed? Apart form the lady boys :lol:
It's a big country mate, what part of LOS are you going to be staying?

oh yes forgot to write staying in Phuket
We did the James Bond Island tour, it was a good day out. It was too rough the week we were there to check out Phi Phi Island. We had teenage kids with us for Phuket and we took them to the zoo show.... Can't recall the name of it, but on the North side of Phuket - someone on here will know it. It was advertised heavily when we were there, assuming its still the same I am certain you will hear about it. Again that was a good evening out.
by Corona Man
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geezus, Crows supporters are chipper and out and about with their opinion. You'd think their club had done something of note this century with the arrogant know it all opnions they have . :shock:

PS Apologies for not acknowledging the AFLW or AFLX.
So prior to 2007 you were a non arrogant, non opinionated, quiet humble sort of a guy. Bahullshit :D
by cracka
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Yeah that about sums it up.

I'll question the complicating things though. I get in strife elsewhere for being patronising and condescending by not going into detail and just poking fun at people. So I don't do that and carefully explain through my opinion. Now I get criticism for that!

Bunch of bloody Goldilocks in here.
The reason you're getting in trouble is that your basic argument is flawed.
Simple.
You can put on all the icing and cherries that you want, it's still going to smell like shit if it's a turd.
by therisingblues
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Polec is an important part of our squad people. Provides a point of difference and when on song can cut sides to ribbons.

Keep telling yourself that :lol:
by Spargo
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Social media in particular SA Footy is part of the problem. The Div 6 and Div 7 forums are already up to 40 pages for 2018 and the season is still 10 days away. When I played Ammos it was exactly that - amateur. Although back in the late 80's some of the Div 1 and Div 2 clubs were clearly buying brown paper bags for more than the mixed lollies in the canteen. In those days, other than the scores in the Sunday Mail with best and goals for the A grades only, the only other vehicle for ones name getting a mention was a small write up in the Footy Times each week. But the passion showed by the likes of Bedge, Morell etc. on SA Footy and the constant reference to some of the better players running around in these divisions only serves to inflate the ego and perceived value of blokes who would struggle to get a regular A grade game at many clubs or at least command no more than the base rate for an A grade game. I don't know what the solution is because the clubs in the weakest country leagues are probably paying players similar to the stronger country leagues which equates much the same to paying players whether you are Div 1 or Div 7. But it's rather sad how clubs are forced to survive these days when they were originally established to provide a recreational outlet with organised competition for their local communities, with absolutely no intention of one day having to pay people to participate.
by Down the Hill
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I have been a Port Magpies fan since 1988 when I was 7 years old..I continue to support the Port Magpies and regularly attend the games but have not been a member since the Power amalgamation. I'm a Brisbane Lions fan in the AFL and have no affection for Port Power whatsoever. I never saw them as the same thing in 1997, especially when a number of the players of the time specifically tried to distance themselves from any Magpies heritage with comments that they made to the media.

Scott Hodges makes the same point in his recent book, explaining why to this day he continues to support Collingwood in the AFL. I strongly was against the AFL intrusion in the SANFL, however it has happened and it's now become the lesser of two evils to me if the alternative is no magpies at all. It's a sad state of affairs for us old Port fans, hating the AFL in SANFL but now having to hope for it to continue.. :(

You can't hang you're hat on that, all new players to all clubs need to be educated on their clubs history. Just remember that because the Power aren't black and white or called the magpies doesn't mean they're not Port Adelaide, born at Alberton not at SANFL headquarters upon some hard work and vision 7 years earlier. You don't knock someone for trying to seek promotion in the workforce nor should we knock the PAFC for wanting to prove themselves in the highest competition, whatever colours or name they might be.

Another case of you don’t agree with me so you are wrong.
by johntheclaret
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |