Search found more than 1286 matches

Return

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Butcher used to make 300k a year and you are stuck in a dark room punching out 20 crap entries a day. I know who I feel sorry for. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fixed that for you.
Incorrect, Butcher is contracted for 2015, we get another year of laughs out of him :lol:

You should get to a game next year, the Bays have got shitloads of blokes to laugh at.

Would hate to lose to them then....
by am Bays
Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Hawthorn v Sydney

RustyCage wrote:Rioli subbed, didn't get injured but did SFA

What?? He caused numerous turnovers through his pressure won the footy set up goals. Is in my top 10 Hawks players on the ground.
by am Bays
Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

GWW wrote:Theyd get a burnt piece of toast for Daw.

Daw to Port, Butcher to North straight swap.....

To quote Bruce Springsteen, "Nobody wins, unless everybody wins"
by am Bays
Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 1945-1990

mal wrote:55 points is a BIG win , however had Norwood won the toss that day , Norwood most probably would have won

However if my Aunty had balls, she'd most probably be my Uncle.....
by am Bays
Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard on draft radio that after the top 8-10 its very shallow....

Que- All the drafts steals over the last 1,000 years.....

Bonaparte N, from Corsica to France 1755 (zone selection)

Revere, P from France to America 1735 (father/son taken as a third rounder)

Hitler, A from Austria to Germany 1902 (Rookie draft served in German Infantry 1914-18)
by am Bays
Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

When I was 17, I had a 11pm curfew, midnight if it was a special occasion.
"Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah."
But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe it
by am Bays
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MatteeG wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Surprised Hawthorn hasn't already got him..

We havent yet. Dogs could do with someone like Shoey couldnt they?

Sounds fair:

Griffin to GWS, Patton to Hawks, Schoenmakers to Dogs
by am Bays
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye SAFM

Or "the Chicken man"!!
by am Bays
Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:what are the swans getting for this and is it a certaintity?

A can of COLA....
by am Bays
Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rik E Boy wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:So Adelaide have made no trades?

Why disrupt a top 2 list? ;)

Fair comment. Second best list in SA.

regards,

REB

After Norwood's??
by am Bays
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sounds like rubbish to me, particularly given the brewery would already treat the water before using it regardless of the purity, so they can control it precisely.

I disagree

I dont think that the water is treated goin by the taste of the beer...
@carey to thread....
No need for Carey, WE Draught, best beer in the country by a mile.
by am Bays
Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Wonder if Mark will only have to change a few words in his new club song?

Are you the Sturt FC's football manager?

The SANFL Twitter account confirms this.....

If Knowledge is who i think he is (based on his posts on doubleblue.org), knowledge is a very knowledgable man who is well respected amongst the SANFL community.
by am Bays
Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakis v Aussies

Sorry CB, was questioning DB. He said he agrees with you, but then says Warner is going to be very solid.
I reckon there's a difference between being very solid and one of the greats - there's a rung or two difference.

As an example:

Steve Waugh, one of the greats.
Damien Martyn, very solid.

Maybe that's just me being semantic ;)

But you're great at being semantic, others on here are just solid....
by am Bays
Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

1st weekend in May looks like the perfect footy weekend in Melb.

Fri Night Collingwood v Carlton at the G - Mick's game (Preferred option is the Bays v whoever is going to lose that night at Gliderol Stadium [-o< SANFL)
Sat arvo Richmond v Geelong at the G
Sat Night North (son's team) v Hawks (missus' team) at Docklands

Sunday shopping in Melb - beats all the hoopla and palaver of the Crows Mk I vs Crows Mk II back here that day
whos your team mods?

Glenelg - I follow Australian Football*

* As the sport is titled in the Laws of Australian Football 2014
by am Bays
Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

30 min without a wicket

Sack Chuck, FFS!

I wonder if the club is aware that our coach is batting 3rd drop for Qld, not bad promotion after a few innings for Grange B's
by am Bays
Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Sorry, no one is up there with Hodge.
by am Bays
Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pseudos coffee pseudo's (see what I did there)

Pseudo wrote:Bought a coffee at the train station in between legs of the morning commute. The bloke in front of me gave his name as "Smiley". Bastard stole my thunder...

Or reads this thread...
by am Bays
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup Axed

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:one less opportunity for Glenelg to win something

Booney to post in 10, 9,8,7,6...
by am Bays
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's not what I asked now though was it. You cant simply just keep ramping up SANFL salary caps because the SANFL competition only generates so much itself through patronage, sponsorship, media rights etc, and like it or lump it, you can only squeeze so much juice out of the Adelaide Oval/AFL lemon. The issue of course is both the AFL clubs and the SANFL seem to be making claims on the money the AFL clubs are generating.
All I'm saying is that part of any solution to inflate salary caps is to grown the competition, if you cant do that and generate more interest and revenue, then I cant see where the extra money will come from. (in a sustainable way)

Fair enough, I was looking at it from the whole SANFL/AFL/SMA debate, which is being done to death elsewhere.

From the Salary cap point of view I'm on record on ehre saying the SANFL (and VFL/WAFL) salary caps for stand alone clubs should be 10% of the AFL Salary cap.

So when I take over from Gill, I wont be touching the TPP for Footballers in this country but I wil be directing 20% of it to the three major State leagues so they can raise their salary caps so players who mis out on the AFL dream but have worked hard in trying to get there can earn some decent coin and those that get cut can still earn soem reasonable money whilst getting their "real" life in order - face it the AFL world is unreal.

Yes 20% three ways is 6.67% so to get to the 10% of an AFL clubs salary the State leagues and clubs are going to have to contribute too.

In many ways 10% is still way to low for the State leagues, no they are not as good as the AFL standard but by christ the SANFL is not 90% worse as a than the AFL.

In my baised opinion I rate SANFL footy higher than AFL footy for my tastes.
by am Bays
Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

New Testament - 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be decieved, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
^ this is why I want to go to hell. All the fun people will be there!

rC6UrMTC73A
by am Bays
Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Baby Shower = excuse to have things given to me (that I can't be bothered buying myself for my baby), to be fawned over and for me to see who my best friends are by judging who gives me the most expensive gift(s) - plural preferred
by am Bays
Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL web site wrote:‘’He adds depth to our talls in the ruck, up forward and down back.’’

Will Rubbers play him up forward.... ;)
by am Bays
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Crustaceans on the Wharf Darwin.

Ripper (Australian not Bahasa Indonesia) Barramundi, feed of grilled Bugs and 2 x kids meals for just over the ton (actually as the kids are free last night) it was only $93.

Seafood was good quality too and the salad fresh.

Might venture back there tonight!!
by am Bays
Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I sense this is another chapter in Booneys book of life experiences

It might be. Let's see how tonights little chin wag goes. :lol:

Let us know how many times he says "Yeah, yeah I know"

I hope for his sake he doesn't pull out the good ol', "Whatever"
by am Bays
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:That's now 4 different Eagles supporters this page, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a pre-match thread!

It is computer activity hour at the Nursing Home!!
by am Bays
Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

JK wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I'm looking for the best DRS acronym from the quick witted SAFooty folk.

Don't
Review
Swarmys

D@ckheads
Ruing
Shockers

Surely they can be improved on :)

Doesnt
Reduce
Screw-ups

Doesn't
Reduce
Shockers/Stinkers
by am Bays
Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If someone can link to a replay if that catch when it becomes available, would be much appreciated.

Sounded like an absolute beauty.

Couldnt find a video, but heres the pic.

http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/12/18/2591231e-2bf5-4724-ad72-eac377bc659e_800.jpg
What a sensational catch. Almost Allan Border style.

What is everyones opinion on the greatest catch by a fielder ever?

Mine would have to be Glenn McGrath's diving catch at Adelaide Oval many years ago. ( When I cannot tell ya).

2002-03 late November 2002 IIRC

Still rate S Waughs in that one dayer in 1989 when he ran back and caught by the sightscreen was pretty good but not in a match when it really matters i.e. a test match. Waugh did take a smilar one when he caught Junior Murray at Barbados in 1995 - running back taking it over his his shoulder.
by am Bays
Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Listen" to the military medium, GBS, dibbly dobblers.....

I 'keep over the stumps to you all ;)
by am Bays
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Why are we wearing black arm bands today?

Still mourning Phil Hughes

Much better or more accurately more consistent bowling by India today (for those wondering why there is a difference in outcome on day 1 here v day 1 AO) :roll:
by am Bays
Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WHUFC is not posting about which venue gets results or not
His gripe is that AO is too much in favor of batsmen for 3 days
With the equilibrium being lopsided in batting he gets bored , at times so do I
Well you Nuffies stick to the t20 rubbish then :roll:

Good bowlers have always been able to get wickets on Adelaide oval, however it's not been due to bowling seam up or due to swing a la Brisbane. Adelaide has always been about changes of pace, variations in length and using your bowling brain. If you doubt me read the book Extra Cover by Jack Egan and the quotes attributable to the late Graham Dilley who took more test wickets than any nuffy on here (I include myself in that descriptor too)

The beauty of test cricket is the variances and nuances in the different venues. Yes adelaide has favoured the bat more than the ball but than is a contrast to Brisbane which can be a swing bowlers paradise, Perth traditionally favours pace bowling but can be a road once your in and Sydney favours spin teaditionly.

Yes let's produce the same pitch at every test match venue in Australia!
by am Bays
Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, it's the pitch....
by am Bays
Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Virat can be a twat but its nice to see an indian with a bit of fight and aggression, its a nice change from their weak and soft players of the past. Also mitchy j is really struggling but I think the indians play the the short one reasonably well nowadays, where they struggle is outside off on a good length as they tend to have a nibble at it as shown in their english series.

Agreed, I've got no problems opposition teams/players playing "close to the line" with respect to the aggression and verbals.

Some of the things Kholi does makes me cringe but then, so does some of the stuff Warner and Haddin do.
by am Bays
Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of the worse decisions I have seen

Had to be given not out

Typical South Aussie can't get anything right lol
Definite shocker.

FMD is there any danger of getting a 3rd umpire with some common sense???

Simon Fry has obviously gone to the Billy Bowden school of 3rd umpireship - looking and finding apparent things on the screen that aren't even there to justify your match payment...
by am Bays
Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Michelle Jenecke
by am Bays
Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Booney wrote:January 15th and Port Adelaide have hit the 50,000 member mark.

=D> =D>

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/pets-too-can-now-become-port-adelaide-members/story-e6frea83-1226608031862

Woof woof, meow....
by am Bays
Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:This seriously isn't a topic to win internet points and try and put sh!t on Glenelg.

No, it isn't.

Especially when you consider the plethora of options we have to hang shit on Glenelg with.

by am Bays
Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ffa didn't snub Adelaide. Sa government didn't want to fork out the coin for it...

Aussie rules is the best game in the world
Agree with the first part.
Plus with the Cricket WC im pretty sure AO was unable to be used.
Soccer craps all over Aussie rules as a sport though

Soccer isn't a sport it is mere recreational pursuit perfect for women to play....

Things that give me the shits? People who think soccer is a sport.
by am Bays
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OTR can EAD, they have lost my business.

I will be actively avoiding them at all costs also.

I already do, if they were the closest petrol station and I had to push my car due to running out of fuel, if I knew there was one up the road i.e Woolworths Petrol at Mitcham shops compared to the OTR on Cross rds/Belair rd - I'd keep pushing past the OTR to the Woolies petrol station.....

The fact that Kickinit is actively supporting them/him on here, just confirms my opinion of them
by am Bays
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

He left Prospect at the end of '89 (after winning North's B&F IIRC) to play one year at Norwood before the Crows formed.
He returned to the Parade after Blight arrived at West Lakes and cleaned out all the dead wood. He didn't change clubs "chasing a flag" as North at the time were far more regarded challengers than Norwood.
To say he eventually achieved this in '97 after North had won another in '91, is at best, a stretch.

Go easy on the Norwood fans Spargo, they only "discovered" the SANFL in 2012....
by am Bays
Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love it that i've gotten under your skin so much, that you actually waste your time with this. It's also amazing that you haven't tried to defend that so call hero cop after the article about him.

Yeah you've got me, I can't handle it ... faark me, you've taken stupid to a whole new level.

I'm stupid?
r1rKnTY16Go
by am Bays
Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (insert username here) is, has, thinks, etc, etc.....

Footy Chick wrote:There's a mods forum?

yeah you know that place, where the moderators discuss stuff and then do what Wedgie wants to do..... :D ;)

This post will disappear in 10, 9, 8, 7,......
by am Bays
Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps I'm not making myself very clear.

If whoever's responsible for the maintenance of that tree had done their job in the first instance, this wouldn't have happened.

The wind was gone, there was no danger. What would the odds be of burning the neighbourhood down if it were left for an extra 3 hours

Ive been awake since 3am FFFS, everything is going to give me the shits today.

Including people who are shitty at me for being shitty.

KA-BOOM

mG3YfxeuJQU
by am Bays
Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Hopefully the bullets are slightly off target so these two scum of the earth death's are painfull and prolonged.

We Australians don't like foreigners tell us what our laws should be or what social philosophies should dictate our social mores so why should we try to influence what goes on our near neighbouring fellow Asian countries??? Hypocrisy at it's finest!
by am Bays
Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Grenville Dietrich offering to be Cornesy's fitness coach for the State team!!
by am Bays
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC flash backs

Thanks Mods, didn't think to put it in here.

Yeah, Thanks Moderators how about considering the site rules http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=254

The following material is not to be posted on SA Footy:

- material which is obscene or offensive or links to sites/pages that are obscene or offensive . This includes material that is sexually explicit, shows violence or gore, or is otherwise offensive as determined by the moderators.

Of all the material posted on here in last 10 years surely this meets the above criteria

C'mon, Show no Mercy , wave that Ban Stick and hit the delete button.....
by am Bays
Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Six to win?? Clarkey should have gone up to the stumps and as a joke signalled, that the ball is going to bowled underarm!!

Might have caused a riot though
by am Bays
Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penbo's Blues

Sturt get Pembo, We get Kate - we win again!!!!
by am Bays
Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where Are They Now ?

Booney wrote:Surely there'll be a dignitary on hand to cut the ribbon at the "Grand Opening of the Cat Flap".

I hear Patsy Biscoe is the early favourite.....

by am Bays
Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |