Search found 155 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

I think this is a bit hard to cop with Brahma Lodge electing to stay down. In my opinion the club had built its successful years based upon recruiting players from other clubs with there money and having a couple of successful seasons.

Did the club recruit guys who would stay around the club in the long haul or just jump ship when more money was offered?

Did the club build a culture where the players want to stay at the club no matter what money was thrown around by others?

Now Brahma Lodge are in the same position of many other clubs in the area who don't have the money to pay the same amount as Brahma had done in the past and are asking to stay down?

Is it a right to have a successful season each year or do you have to take the pain to make the successful seasons feel better.

I think Brahma should be made to stay up and feel the pain that a lot of other clubs have felt in the past.
by The Informer
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

And there second choice ruckman wouldn't be going anywhere as he has played there for years and been training hard this season.

Not too sure who u think is the second choice ruckman?
Thought Nathan was #1 and Rhett was #2?

Oh Rhett, he played one year at Mawsons with a few C grade games, a few B grade games and a couple of A grade games.

I thought Chilli was #2
by The Informer
Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Just to be seen near the great man brought most across
by The Informer
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Um C grade at home at 2.15 and A and B grade playing away at Blackfriars
by The Informer
Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Here is a simple question i would like to know the answer too.

If it isnt a money making exercise to play on the day before 12, then why do it?

IMO people should pay there respect to those that served and gave us the life we enjoy today.

And dont tell me playing a Div 712 game of footy at 10.15 in the morning is paying respect.
by The Informer
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Was once a special day to play. Now seems more unique to play on the Saturday. Should only be local rivalries or GF replays. Some of the games being played are just ridiculous.

I agree. Should be no more than 1 per division and the preference should be given to the Grand Final replay.

I agree also, too many clubs just see it as a chance to make money which is a disgrace.
by The Informer
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would always go to the oppsiste end than what the club would be at if i was playing away.

I must be getting old and confused.

I do know as a captain that if the other team where warming up at our end i would make our team warm up beside them at the same end.
by The Informer
Tue May 06, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol
:lol: #mindgames #rentfree :lol:

LOL what is rentfree is not being able to make more than 65 in a grand final at your own ground ;) :lol:
by The Informer
Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol
:lol: #mindgames #rentfree :lol:

LOL what is rentfree is not being able to make more than 65 in a grand final at your own ground ;) :lol:

Oh its a good time to be number 1!
by The Informer
Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS Box - you of all people should know what happens when people mouth off about on field incidents.

If it's being investigated, STFU. :?
Please refrain from revealing other users identities going forward, thanking you ;) :P

LOL you a beauty Riddle, there was nothing in the incident as the Lakes coach has said to Arch44, was just in the play!

Lakes were just lucky that the game ended that way as West Croydon had them covered in my opinon.
by The Informer
Wed May 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rose Lakes get upset if you take thier area.
:lol: I have been made aware of this and has been noted for future reference. They come a cross as a precious lot ;)

No worries Dougy :lol:

And Dr.Phil stick to watching Power games during the footy season

And Dr Phil get some new cricket shoes for next season pal, surely you know you cant wear black!
by The Informer
Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beeroclock wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Can anyone from Lockleys tell us why Sam Naley is playing C Grade this year?

Maybe because he's old.

Yes you are right mate, 25 is old in today's football terms
by The Informer
Mon May 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B4E a little birdie has told me u can change your club allegiance now and can start commenting on another club?

Hope it all goes well playing at your new club now mate and leave it to us to comment on what is actually happening at Mawson Lakes lol

Can you Mawson Lakes blokes keep your internal in-house bickering in private please?

;) :lol:

Sorry did we stop speaking about you 412th comeback?
by The Informer
Fri May 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if im right, but if he was named as Interchange when u put the teams in, it shows that?
by The Informer
Tue May 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Any news out of the exec meeting last Monday night??

Have any clubs begun planning for next season? Enfield have an informal meeting this Friday to begin mapping out plans..

Only new out of Rose Park that i know off, is that Cougar has been practising running between the wickets since March, this is between his Beyond Blue meetings he has been going too..
by The Informer
Tue May 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boy i have been smashed on this, all this time i thought it was just a show of respect!

Im on board now!
by The Informer
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

What a pisser! Q goes BANG
by The Informer
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes you are correct, how dare he not sell players alcohol after their liquor licence hours had expired.
Then to get physical and verbally abused by so called club people is a joke.
by The Informer
Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

What i can tell about all these posts about Smithfield, is that they are doing everything they can to change the culture out there.

Well done Smithfield.
by The Informer
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And thats what is sad about it, people expect to be paid for doing it, whats wrong with doing it off your own back to help a club you say you support?

Like someone has mentioned, the people who are there from 8am to 6pm on triple headers, setting up the club, ground, and other things so people can play the game dont expect to be paid, so why should other club people who put their hand up to ump?

Sad state of affairs, i can think of people who do much more important volunteer work and dont expect to be paid.
by The Informer
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:This Dutchy must've been some type of player!

No, not really lol
by The Informer
Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

carey wrote:
Dr Phil wrote:
Arch44 wrote:What about clarifying where the scorers have to sit and who gets to sit under which tree?

if theres only 1 tree the home team should have dibs on it.

Most of there trees are now in there tins lol :lol:

They might need one of these Carey, can you help out?
by The Informer
Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
carey wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
carey wrote:May as well not rock up then

Good idea, can get on the cans instead! Sit in a pub and watch GC v Port! :D

I've come out of retirement this week :oops:

Not sure if Carey or..
carey announces comeback.JPG

Straight into the main game as well Baldo! opps i mean Carey!
by The Informer
Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

i hope this week u realise that once a player plays in the higher div, throughout the major round, he is no by permitted to return back to the lower division

meaning once you play A's in the finals, by no way can you return to the bgrade

Incorrect

to my knowledge if both grades play on the same weekend, yeah he can play.
once you play in a losing A grade final you cant go back the following week to play B's.
if thats worth anything.
Yes you can if you have played the majority of you games in the season in the B grade.
by The Informer
Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Congratulations to Mawson Lakes on their fine efforts in making the C4 Grand Final by winning every final game by 10 goals after only winning 10 games in the regular season (one was a forfeit) and twice having to forfeit themselves, strangely enough against Lockleys & Ingle Farm. Fantastic turn around =D>

And the problem is, our B grade made the finals, we picked our B grade team to play and the guys who wernt picked then played C grade final, the B grade lost by a goal i think it was..

Were we supposed to tell these guys not picked by the B grade that they cant play C grade?

Some of you blokes make me laugh.
by The Informer
Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

old farmer wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Mawson Lakes Premiers U beauty!!!

Words never heard before

Lol you still upset?
by The Informer
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2014/15

SA CHURCHES & COMMUNITY CRICKET – ROUND TWO (DAY ONE) RESULTS

A-Grade
Enfield A 213 (Weidenbach 68, Gully 37*, P.Davids 34, Z.Hancock 31, S.Wilson 4/38, Wiles 2/22, Burgess 2/26, Vines 2/44) v Para Vista A 2/52 (Smith 23*).

Rose Park A 9/220 (Neal 137*, Wright 5/53, Fitzsimmons 2/44) v Adelaide Lutheran A.

NEK A 154 (Breese 32, Mills 31, T.Roling 6/38, A.Roling 2/11) v Fitzroy A 2/35 (Rayner 24).

Fair knock from Steve Neal. Single handily kept Rose Park in the contest Saturday. Adel Lutheran have picked up handy opening bowler Nathan Wright from Waybacks CC

So a bloke picks you up for a duck and all of a sudden that makes him a handy bowler?
by The Informer
Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

If Kilburn and Brahma Lodge come out and win premierships in 2015 with a bunch of fresh players the situation will only become even more comically farcical than it was in 2014

Does the above actually apply to Kilburn though?....They just got relegated in consecutive seasons to end up in div 4.....If they get a team together and crack it for a flag in 2015.....not to much wrong in that I would think.....unless you were making a point other than being assigned a Division for whatever reasons.

No different to payhnam in recent years really. May not have got flogged by as much but they flew up divisions then crashed back down just as fast and have now risen again.
You don't go down 3 divisions in a row with out losing a whole bunch of players each year. And ya don't come back up unless you get players back of fresh new faces . Good on kilburn and brahmas if they can win the premierships this year

Brahma's situation is different, they are selecting which grade to be in, they should be in Div 4 this season instead of Div 6 .[/quote]

Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue, very easy for a few guys to go back there now knowing they are in Div 6. Well done Kilburn.
by The Informer
Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penalties for paying players in the SAAFL

Footy Chick wrote:It's the excitement of the brown paper bag ;) Plus, it may be in the constitution of some clubs like Uni, for exampe. (not sure if it is though)

I should've written "Don't pay players" :lol:

I think the excitement of the brown bag is making a few blokes run back somewhere
by The Informer
Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Slow news day?
by The Informer
Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I find it quite funny these blokes go running back now they are in Div 6. Mates with a few of the guys and don't try and tell me money isn't involved as they are not shy in letting you know.

LTTF did you like the guided tour Sunday?
by The Informer
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program. To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides . They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.

And that you can respect, not clubs who just bring out the big cheque book and then rub it in the faces off clubs who don't think people should be getting paid in Div 6.

These blokes who jump from club to club for money are just killing the hard work of loyal club men.
by The Informer
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be honest and i probably live in dream world, but in Div 6 i don't think anyone should be paid.

I think you can look after subs and throw in a club polo and that.

Give a beer card for use Sat night after the game and 3,2,1 for the best A graders.

Yes my club will be in for a tough season but at least you will have players at the club playing for the right reasons and enjoying there football with mates.

If clubs are going to base there success on how deep there pockets are then we are in a lot of trouble.

If you are good enough to demand big money in this grade how about you go play a higher grade and test yourself?

Like i said, i am in dream world.
by The Informer
Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs squished together....

And they are Mighty!
by The Informer
Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there really was only 1 who played c grade all year that was A grade quality and that was Clegg. O'Gorman played c's as it was his first attempts at playing after serious knee surgery. Reid is a near on 50yo who, once injured, decided to play the last qtr of the yr with his fellow 50yo mates because they all prob will retire. And nisbet played C's because McCammon was the A grade ruckman and Santos was the B grade ruckman.

Clegg wanted to play with his best mate Nisbet. We'd much rather them play together in the C's rather than leaving altogether.

any other stupid questions?

Clegg played 6 C grade games after joining the club mid season, Rob O played 5 C grade games and Reidy played 7 C grade games then they all played finals.
Reidy works away quite often and is a old hack these days, Shannon joined the club mid season and Rob O was coming back from a knee re construction.
Any other facts you want?
by The Informer
Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Did the league just ring you blokes up one day and say do you want to go down 2 grades or did you ask them?
by The Informer
Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So how many players from Mawsons have followed Wayne Knowles to Brahma for coin??

1. and it's no big loss anyway... hardly around the club and only needs 1 hit to the head and he is not playing footy again. But hey, if Knowlesy wants to pay him $300/$350 per game, good luck to the pair of them!

his brother would be the bigger loss outt've the 2. quality backman and a genuine humble guy. no idea if he has left yet though.

are the players who played C grade that are A grade quality in div 6 gonna play next year in the A grade ?

No mate im only playing C grade
by The Informer
Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there really was only 1 who played c grade all year that was A grade quality and that was Clegg. O'Gorman played c's as it was his first attempts at playing after serious knee surgery. Reid is a near on 50yo who, once injured, decided to play the last qtr of the yr with his fellow 50yo mates because they all prob will retire. And nisbet played C's because McCammon was the A grade ruckman and Santos was the B grade ruckman.

Clegg wanted to play with his best mate Nisbet. We'd much rather them play together in the C's rather than leaving altogether.

any other stupid questions?

What a load of bullshit. The whole world knows your side was STACKED in the last 6 weeks or so....

Mate you are quite welcome to look at the team sheets for the last six weeks and tell me who these STACKED players were. I know straight sets burns deep for you.
by The Informer
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On another note about Mawson Lakes so called stacking up their C grade towards the end of the home and away season. They did nothing wrong by the league. Its allowed for every club to play players in any grade the players feel like playing in (he he he bit of a tongue twister). If that player has the skill to play in a higher grade but chooses to play with his mates. Or if he hasnt been available for most of the seasaon due to work or family committments. Well that's their choice and no-one should say a bad thing about it.
I say congrats to the C grade and Rob would've been feeling quite good about his chances with the list of quality blokes at his disposal. Any club would do the same if they were in the same position. There is no rule that says you cant have quality players playing a lower grade. As long as they play the right amount of games to qualify for finals then they are doing the right thing. I say to those on here that are whinging about Mawson stacking their C grade. GET OVER IT.
I know that at least two players where granted qualifications/permits because of a flaw in the Sporting Pulse system that allowed Mawson Lakes to submit teamsheets for their forfeits gifting them enough games to tip the scales in their favour. Probably a few others managed to get enough "games" this way as well.

Also if you want to keep going over old ground maybe if you didn't run up and down the wing complaining about it all game and actually got the footy things may have been different.
by The Informer
Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Hey Informer. What's the general feeling about the so called SPOSFC revival? I personally think its dis-respectful and that if the league approved their application. Will that give way to Mawsons losing their heritage?

Mawson Lakes wishes them all the best in there endeavors.
by The Informer
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Yes he is playing at Mawson Lakes, but only playing come finals time in the C grade to make sure we beat Ingle Farm and Lockleys. We will also be forfeiting the C grade 4 times during the year to put his name down.
by The Informer
Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Informer. What's the general feeling about the so called SPOSFC revival? I personally think its dis-respectful and that if the league approved their application. Will that give way to Mawsons losing their heritage?
http://www.saafl.asn.au/clubs/St_Pauls_Old_Scholars - just saying

i wondered why there was no adelaide uni and just a blank in the draft draw i saw for div 6..SPOSFC v MLFC would be a good game to watch?
Funny stuff, so a completely new team joins the league and are already rated higher than Houghton. How can that happen?
by The Informer
Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Actually, the credit should go to those contracted players who were happy to take a cut.

I was wondering why Rhett has started to drink list beer at the pub lol
by The Informer
Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On a different topic mate, can you get the other half of your oval mowed please Q!
by The Informer
Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:I heard today that Brahma haven't learnt from there previous mistake$....... Hope its not true there are some good bloke there???

Who this bloke, lol?
by The Informer
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

went for a run thursday night at Brahma Lodge 38 blokes out on the track seen at least 12 of the div 4 grand final side running around plus current recruits

Brahma Lodge by a country mile in div 6 dont think any team stands a chance against them
LOL! So cute... Brahma Lodge pussy cats - average team, full of above average attention seekers, coached by a glory hunter who failed at two clubs in the past two seasons in THE SAME DIVISION.

Winning the flag is nothing to hold your hat on knowles - no different to forcing Ingle Farm to D7 so youi could be a "premiership coach" - you and your club cheated the system and you are going to cash in on the SAAFL kind heart..

Ingle Farm were relegated to D7 after finishing ninth.
Were given the chance to stay in 6 I believe.
Maybe he felt the club went ready for Div6 and had recruited and prepared for Div 7.
by The Informer
Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South B/Hill Roos wrote:
South B/Hill Roos wrote:Are Smithfield still under the rule of last season how do people think they will go in div 6

I've been told there going to div 5

Did you forget what username you were logged in as? Lol
by The Informer
Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Oh ffs, they are not even close to folding....

They had an entire C grade capable of stepping up to a-grade next year :D

The C grade is not ready to go up yet mate, they have planned for a season in C3 and the clubs feels like they are not ready to step up yet.

Oh sorry forgot the ;)
by The Informer
Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |