Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Any one from Mawson Lakes how is the lad from the Bgrade that was taken in an ambulance?

Arch44 i know you blokes got a bit confused during cricket season with sitting where the home side sits, but didnt know that this flowed onto football season and you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You blokes got something about respecting home teams or something lol

:lol: It was entertaining wasn't it? Nah wasn't a deliberate act just the way it panned out . You blokes get the points that's what really matters.

I heard that is was a accidednt during the first week of the cricket final but when u blokes camped out the following week to do it again i thought something as up. Like you say it is a pisser and made me laugh when both teams where side by side lol

Gotta say that was my 1st trip to Rose Pk for cricket so was unaware of anything really, wasn't as funny as the scorers not meeting half way though. :lol:
by Arch44
Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

No.

Last two times we went up to D6, we were competitive. Next time I'd like us to make finals.
Turn it up :P

How about you jump ship again. Or burn bridges. You're good at both.

Don't cry about personal attacks when you've had no qualms about dishing them out yourself in the past.

:lol: :lol: =D> :supz: 3 Votes. Q
by The Riddler
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I wonder how many of those players would still come back if the league forced them to play in Div 3 in 2015...
by S Demon
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Hills should be moving heaven and earth to sign him.
by OKC!
Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

The_Informer wrote:
adr107 wrote:HDFC had their 'meet the coaches' night last night. Good night for a cold beer, dinner and to hear from our new coaching staff about the plan for 2015. Great night. Really looking forward to Jan 6...

AR did you name your new 10 grand sponsor Pal?

Outstanding Garden Maintenance
by Q.
Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I think they should still be entitled to recognise their history and should do so. A 're-branding' is a good idea though, new guernsey, new mascot, maybe new colours.

I don't disagree, not one bit.

Um what have Mawson Lakes done wrong in this whole situation to have to look at changing there jumpers, colours and mascot?
Just drop all there history to satisfy the new St Paul's team?
League going to pay for this whole re branding you are mentioning as in the end they accepted this new team?

Nobody suggesting you've done anything wrong. It's working on the idea of building a stronger suburban identity.
I wouldn't be changing a thing Informer. Suburban Identity is already there I would have thought in the name "Mawson Lakes"
by Arch44
Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Robb_Stark wrote:Trent Payne from Elizabeth to Brahma Lodge then i see Smosh but denied by Brahma seems odd

it's not odd, Brahma denies everyone :lol:
by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

The_Informer wrote:
Zartan wrote:
The_Informer wrote:How many games has Sacky played for the club?

2015 - 17
2014 - 14*

Wouldn't he be 1 then if he came to the club as a 3 pointer?

Sorry I meant 2016 14 games - not 2014! :oops:
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

The_Informer wrote:Havent played in this comp for a looooooong time but surely NEK or Enfield could play Div 2 if there was a spot or you wanted to make it all A grade teams?

There is no spot really. No one apart from Craigmore are going to opt to go down to Grade 3 so there might possibly one vacant spot.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Not to mention all the effort that has gone into organizing the big fellas 300th
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Hats off to West Croydon on their efforts Saturday setting up their indig round. Uncle Moogy and the Tal-Kin-Jeri mob were really good.

Jumpers looked killer too.

Honoured to have been able to be a part of their wonderful initiative.

Tal kin jeri.JPG

bounce.JPG

indig.JPG
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

The_Informer wrote:Or just get a clearance to NEK?

This is no place for common sense.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

think this attitude reflects society and its why we live in a word where a mans word is no longer his bond. My one pet hate is for some to agree to something and then change their mind when something better comes along. Make a commitment and stick it out. Sometimes the hard times are what makes or breaks a person. I agree that a club needs to live up to its promise but an individual cant cry foul if it gets a bit tough and hard. Every paid player at a club has an obligation to make it a better place and give something back.
A-PHARKEN-MEN!! =D> =D> :supz: :partyman:
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's no such thing as contracts in general. Unless there was money or other assets exchanged between club and player. How is signing a contract deemed that it holds that player to the agrrement made on the contract. So in short if a player signs a contract. Yet no money or assets have been exchanged. Then he should be allowed to sign elsewhere. Obviously if money or assets have been exchanged then he has to see out the terms of that contract. If that makes any sense. Which I know you all will be ready to say something funny to this post.

A promise of future performance constitutes valuable consideration
All I am saying is that contracts and promises don't mean anything today. And I agree that clubs are trying to organise theirs lists for the season. But if no money has been exchanged then really there is not much they can do. When it comes to making a player see out the contract.

I think this attitude reflects society and its why we live in a word where a mans word is no longer his bond. My one pet hate is for some to agree to something and then change their mind when something better comes along. Make a commitment and stick it out. Sometimes the hard times are what makes or breaks a person. I agree that a club needs to live up to its promise but an individual cant cry foul if it gets a bit tough and hard. Every paid player at a club has an obligation to make it a better place and give something back.
by lovetotalkfooty
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Wowee. I suppose at least they had the decency to do it before the season started this time

Can picture you dusting off your resume right now as I type this too lol..
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

clubs pay players for a service for the year, if players aren’t enjoying their time at a club and choose to leave after that year then what is the issue? If clubs pay a player and aren’t happy with them then they move them on. Works both ways.
This post pretty well sums up what is wrong with amateur/community sport these days!

Blokes like you who go around as “hired guns” chasing top dollar year to year, acting like you’re above the game and the level, and treating the game like it owes you something.

Blokes like you don’t give back to the game just take, take, take and leave it in no better state than when you arrived - actually regularly worse.

You ******* greedy, self centred primadonnas - you expect everything handed to you on a platter and on top of that you hold expectations for the clubs to bend over backwards and make your time more enjoyable!?

Get faaaaarked!
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love all the hypotheticals, I'm sure the league will do their investigations and work through it all.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

But we are all ill-informed and clueless according to that Facebook Page.

What is starting to s--t me is all the speculation about $$ that players must be getting etc. Whilst many of the blokes getting their mugs on that FB page are playing at their 3 or 4th club in 6 or 7 years and clearly $$ is a factor, there are still plenty of talented footballers out there who genuinely love playing footy and aren't doing it for $$.

I don't know Tyson Goldsack but from several interviews I've heard over the years he comes across as a level headed good bloke despite playing for Collingwood!! He declared back in August that he was moving to Adelaide with his wife Chelsea (Adelaide girl?) and young family. I've heard no talk of him having a role at Port/Crows/SANFL so I'm assuming he may have had non-football related employment arranged and that is where a connection with SPOC may have come into it. No doubt he could have got big bikkies in the nearby country leagues if he shopped himself around but can't people just appreciate that here is a bloke who still wants to have a kick at a decent level without the time commitment that SANFL requires and not fussed with demanding the $$ that he could still earn from playing footy.

I'm sure he would have done his homework and despite our friend pumping up the quality of BLG, HFL and GSFL, Tyson has clearly chosen the best comp outside the SANFL.
by Down the Hill
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SPORTS TG

Speaking of which.. does anyone else have the issues when looking at results of adds popping up and blocking half the bloody screen? Makes it impossible to change grades.. or if I open in a different browser half the time I cant even see results or fixtures coz they're hidden by adds.
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |