Search found 38 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 3 - Eagles v Port @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval (Mon

Hopefully the Eagles get smashed they voted to bring the gayfl reserve teams in so they can suffer ;)
by holden78
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

So over this GAYFL rubbish in the SANFL....... GET in bed with the ammo's and take over A1 any which way you like it, just Luck Off!
Can anyone now tell us what the 8 SANFL clubs have actually benefited from?
And what complete crap to hear morons say that the Power have set a level that the rest must aspire to in the SANFL...... :butthead:
by holden78
Fri May 23, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Eagles v Adelaide - POST MATCH

What a splendid day for a good ole thrashing, special thanks to sellout Slaven for the game we had to have!
No atmosphere whats so ever and frankly a fairly piss poor crowd ..... SANFL clubs don't make any money if most people are watching on tv ffs.
For what it's worth we think the only way the abortion of a comp can move forward and keep all parties mostly happy is for it to keep this format but not allowing the pro teams to take part in our finals; If they need games to prepare for AFL finals then they can play each other as much as they want ffs!
This comp has to be about SANFL clubs and no one else, the season has to mean something with the best SANFL club being recognised at the end ala all our history, it can't be about professional players who don't really give a rats scrot about a SANFL FLAG.
It must be a SANFL comp not a State League, a comp that plays 18 rounds with 2 AFL free loaders onboard, then has it's final series of say top four out of the eight, as it has traditionally been etc.
[-X
by holden78
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I haven't read the recent threads as it's the same old boring argument. To me it's simple, I think both AFL reserves teams should be given the flick for the sake of 50k and I thought it was an initial 1 year term and then reviewed. Could be wrong as i made a mistake once before.

What I do think is disappointing is the attitude of a few that don't go to support their club due to the implementation of the 2 reserves team. Not true supporters and the so called passionate supporters should be embarrassed to attend a game if we get rid of the AFL reserves.

The powerbrokers won't get rid of the two AFL cancers now, but one rule needs to be set up now Hocking is on the record with that viewpoint.
Finals only for the 8 SANFL clubs while the Cancers get to play with each other adnauseum after the minor round...... simple ?? :rolleyes:
by holden78
Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

Who cares this season means F#CK ALL who ever goes top means nothing
by holden78
Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

It's smoke and mirrors...... the knobs have sucked us in with this Gayfl rubbish and having Port Power hide behind the famous prison bars has as much reality to it as a Miley Cyrus Showbag :oops:
But check out the mega spin with a traditional GF featuring the Power Vs tradition Norwood/ Sturt .......
It's the prison bars giving this Joke legitimacy.
No finals for practice match Hero's who cream themselves over playing at the MCG in September, it's not your comp fork off :Hangman:
by holden78
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any SANFL fan who agrees with pushing the problem to the amateur league is being a tad hypocritical.

i know, and i dont necessarily agree with it, i just used my hypocritical post to point out the hypocrisy of a power fan not wanting to put the problem in the saafl's lap, but also be perfectly happy to lump it all on the sanfl (of course, that the magpies have a stronger sanfl side with all their spare players at that level would have nothing to do with that argument though)

Just a thought........ How in the f--- is anything now significantly better than a few years ago?

And Sando was the loudest voice for change!

The Candys aren't any different and Stevie Wonder can see why Port Flower's ressies and not South made a GF

We've gone from an evenly compromised comp where all 9 sides had the same handicap and the best side always wins the GF, despite salary cap rorting by the two power clubs of the last fifteen years.

What serious comp anywhere in the world has pro's against ammo's? That GF crowd was half jacked up on the back of the AFL Power's glory run.

The true believers of the SANFL have been handed a freshly made turd sandwich, told how wonderful and popular it is, and expected to forget tradition and happily chow down on it because the AFL big mouths of Adelaide, led by the banished Sando, convinced the SANFL they knew best!

Well give us Norwood Vs South GF all year every year and keep your over priced AFL recipe Turd Sandwich, :butthead:
by holden78
Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

For the decision makers it's all about feathering their own nests, job swapping up the ladder and balancing the books in their own little corner!
The crowds prove we don't need the AFL filth in the SANFL, there is no $ uplift and they add fa apart from the fake Norwood/ Magpie (Power) rivalry.
The SANFL just needs to actively help the 8 clubs promote themselves and the League comp. plus set up a business opportunity the league can use to underpin itself with into the future. Where are you Mr Olsen....... doing a Jay Weatherman ie. fa as usual :oops:
by holden78
Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL fixture is a joke, why so many byes?

Did they pay for their accommodation, or sleep on the streets?

Apparently they were the guest of a Sheikh, 'His Majesty'. Something to do with Darren Burgess' previous involvement with Liverpool I think. It didn't get a lot of press (I can't find a solid link of than this http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-12-15/jonas-journal-dubai-day-8) but I remember hearing that a huge chunk of the cost of accommodation and the use of the facilities was taken care of by this bloke.

Now we all know where Robert Allenby came up with his inspirational late night Hawaiian fantasy tale, meant to extract the same level of sympathy from the public, just like the Port Flowers millionaire lifestyle on workmen wages and conditions!
Ripley's Believe It Or Not :roll:
by holden78
Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville Saturday 2.10

Eagles teams

League
F: Goldsworthy, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Poole, Ainger, Schwarz
C: N. Hayes, Appleton, Jarrad
HB: Rakiwasa, Thompson, P. Raymond
B: Batley, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Boyd
INT: Mullins, Templeton, Martyn, C. Hall

Reserves
F: Whittlesea, Heinjus, Press
HF: M. Raymond, Dunstan, Ventura
C: Gaffney, Minney, Haylock
HB: Enright, Ellis, Lloyd
B: Elsworthy, J. Hayes, Woods

R: Baqeri, Rowland, Sinor
INT: Lodge, Westbrook

Dear Michael G,
So it's back to the drawing board after one game? Ok we realise we had a bit of quality out of your best 21, but to lose like that at home to a side that are only honest and hardworking from a 4-5 goal lead was ........ typically soft :oops: .
That's now 2 wins and 9 losses since the middle of last season with many of these loses either fade outs or just getting out worked, out toughed and maybe out coached :shock: .
Let's start with the coaching....... Michael why would you and your assistants not be using a third man up at ruck contests around the ground?
Why not just leave Wunke isolated in the goal square to fight one on one as he's basically useless otherwise.
Why play mids like Schwarz and Appelton when they still pick when and how they deal with contested ball and why was Tuck allowed front position without being counter blocked at ball ups? Why no double team when he basically ripped the game open after half time for West!
Changing up our gamestyle needed to happen and quick movement is key but 1 metre handballing isn't ever productive and only makes the opposition's job easy. And we don't/can't use the whole oval to stretch the opposition and our mids don't work hard enough when we lose momentum in games or turn the ball over.
So what's the super quickfix before we are 0-4? Get rid of the kid's and play hardened types in the middle like Raymond, Hall, Goldy and McGregor along with Rowntree, Boyd and Poole! Without Thurlow we must use a 3rd man up to get something started ffs.
It's time to be brave and shake things up because the midfield is why we go well at different stages of games and it's the reason why we have soft hot and cold performances also.
Michael, it's time you showed the supporters a flexablity and willingness to be brave with your coaching just as you did when you presented to the Board ;)
Regards, H78
by holden78
Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State Game Updates

What a complete waste of a perfect day for footy in Adelaide.
Why,
Not as if the teams needed a break and are weary ,
my league team has only played 6 games!
gone soft I reckon compared to previous generation.
Wake up SANFL.
Yep, well said.

Kenny has the boys working quite nicely at the minute I would have thought?
Only thing missing is a game against Gays...... ;)
by holden78
Sun May 24, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Quick fix is to just play September finals footy with 8 SANFL clubs ie. top 4 fight it out, and the two cancers can play with each other till they go blind :rolleyes:
We never promised them premiership glory in the SANFL did we?
Piss em off after their 18 games are done!
by holden78
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Had to laugh at the retirement squad on the western wing, slightly south of centre, who without doubt are the most outstanding wanker supporters I've had the pleasure to listen to. Without any provocation, the hurling of stupid insults to the one or two Centrals supporters about them who were only cheering on their team was comedy gold, Knocking back the coldies and wearily working their way back and forward to the kiosk with their mean mother scowls, arthritic gait and pot bellies, no idea how utterly decrepit and stupid they looked. "Knock down Holdens and build a nuclear power plant" they repeated in their shrill voices, not understanding the properties of radioactive material. While they looked upon their formidable team, they proved themselves to be a poor bunch of silly old sods.

Have sat near these guys previously. Certainly dribble a lot of *&#$. They love giving it to former Eagle Nathan Daniel :lol:

We luv taking your stars and giving you our dud coaches and players :lol:

Anyway Dogs just don't quite cut it now the brown paper bags have stopped ..... enjoy
by holden78
Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

5 kicks for the big show. Zero tackles as well. Mate I know you read this forum, so let me congratulate on your super game. On another note as well, Eagles very unimpressive in this last quarter. Pretty pitiful

That photo in the Mail shows some effort and a tackle if my eyes don't deceive me!

Rodney Ramjizz it's just not your weekend and you didn't even get to the Parade, that's poor, too busy
watching Lachlan on the telly heh! He has a girlfriend you know...... or was she yours once... and now you
don't know which one you want? :heart:
by holden78
Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boring to attacking ?

Why is it that tackling a forward before the ball gets to him is just ignored and considered normal, thus play on?

Anyone???
by holden78
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Series

If and when the power can't make the finals can the magpies select anyone for the finals or is there game qualifications.
Can the power start rotating for trade bate and give the magpies carte blanche.
Magpies easy premiers if so.

Thanks to a weak as hiss SANFL I'd suggest they can do what they like as their the Power....... RIP Magpies
by holden78
Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramrod wrote:
tipper wrote:lol, insults from Ramrod, does that make me internet famous?

No doesnt make you famous at all. Just lets everyone know you are a tool.

Listen here mate, we've been banging away for years to become forum bad boys and your just taking it all away.... :twisted:
by holden78
Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

o five wrote:Eagles = Salary cheats. Norwood = Salary cheats. Port = Afl reserves scum. Either of these 3 will win it. What a joke the comp has become. :vom:

Norff have been cheating the cap for years look where its got them LOVE IT
by holden78
Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Woodville in 1964

Torrens got shafted big time by the sanfl and the moron clubs that voted to bring woodville in ,thats why i dont recognise any premiership between 1964 till Torrens got their district back
by holden78
Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Best & Fairest Winners

Big Phil wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Steve Summerton wins the Magpies B&F ahead of Tom Logan and Kane Mitchell

And Summo awarded Life Membership of the PAFC, as well...

Yeah but will ALWAYS be remembered fondly by most for unusually having the guts to be honest and say it like we all know

It's the Power Ressies =D>
by holden78
Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The two Cancers will never go now, why would they when they have everything they could want from the SANFL and one doesn't even
pay for the privilege yet get's to masquerade as a great club of the past!
And they get to put as much into their games as they can be assed depending on another comp.
One day, no doubt, they'll make a joke of a GF because of other commitments far more important, yet we are fine with it?
Get them out of our finals and restore some respect to our competition ffs.
by holden78
Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

With Rowntree out with ACL and no certainty to this time make it back, the Eagles are only replacing a
midfielder for a midielder & spending what Gus would have earnt playing games!
Redden takes Thurlow's salary also!
Not rocket ( Redleg) salary cap science really.
by holden78
Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

The Sell Out is Complete!! Thanks Mr. O
by holden78
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why have the PAP smears got a Reserves side for if not to top up their first team??????

Or take a tall from Academy as isn't that what it's meant to produce?

Just proves they want everything, for nothing, because the SANFL is weak enough to listen!

Earth to Davies...... Reality, remember ??
by holden78
Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
holden78 wrote:Those 3 clubs may well fit right in along with the ammo's by season's end....... realistically ;) :twisted:

Bet they don't choose the soft option & merge...

We only got back what was ours b4 we got raped in 64 ,Have a Gay time
by holden78
Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

I dont care who goes top just as long liverpool dont
by holden78
Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

Yes men the lot of them, just like Davies And Chandler before, only waiting for the next job to come along through the Boys Club!
Zero integrity or heart, just slaves to the paypacket.
History means nothing To these Vampires.
by holden78
Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Great post!
Did anyone else think that Westies President not showing at the unofficial meeting last week smelt of a Olsen directive or what?
Piss weak.?
by holden78
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v Eagles AO Sunday 3:10

What a flog feast there today, so many tossers with Candy & Sturt gear on, just pathetic!
Game of incest next week or what? :evil: :oops:
by holden78
Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thin edge of the wedge, our comp is ammo's in disguise now and will get same media attention.
Last one to leave you know the drill.........
One day women may allow sanfl games as their curtain raisers if we're lucky........ getting more and more
likely!
Seems like we have a reasonable product that is doomed to be irrelevant if it isn't already!
This site has been on life support for years ( our fault.....) mainly due to the Cancers :twisted:
by holden78
Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

If you are currently concerned your Club hasn't appeared to fare so well with recruits this off-season, then you can feel (simultaneously) safe and sick in the knowledge that most of the eight SANFL Clubs are in the same boat.

SAFE....... most recruits are returnees or players moving Club based on the GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER logic. I would suggest this appears our driest run ever as a collective for interstate recruits. Apart from some useful gets for Norwood and Tropiano to North there is no interstate guns of note with at least 6 Club supporters feeling they are coming up short-changed for 2018.
SICK..... this is reflective of the interstate lads not buying into what Clubs are attempting to sell re the SANFL. Club chiefs are frustrated and they are forlornly hoping the SANFL can offer assistance to allure players to the comp. The lack of decent name recruits, on top of the talented core of top SANFL players who have retired before their time, is the most significant PLAYER statement in the history of the competition. Without credibility, the league has nothing to offer.

Many of us may be at our lowest ebb ever in terms of off-season anticipation of (a) our own Clubs playing stocks, and (b) the standard of competition.
Competition is a dogs breakfast with rules made on the run and basically set up for every Gayfl whim to be catered for!
Give the two Cancers whatever but No finals, then at least there is always a Real Premier with whom the Cup actually means something.
by holden78
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m sure most of the people who have decided to allow the 2 Cancers to drag the SANFL down to a reserves competition
also moonlight themselves at Adelaide oval for AFL games!
Caesar judging Caesar surely.
Just fake SANFL diehards who got sucked in with pure Pollie BS
No radio coverage of the SANFL is nothing short of a trucking disgrace and how the media choose to ignore it says
everything about them and how gutless they have become. :oops:
by holden78
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

So many ex afl listed players
A lot of those are Norwood players who have returned home after their time in the AFL was up. Some of these guys could have got plenty more $$ elsewhere

Yeah. I’m sure Norwood are “looking after them” one way or another.

Yep, like most of the comments, concrete in evidence.

Look I'd probably think the same if I barracked for anyone else, everyone thought the same of the Dogs and Eagles when They were winning, but no one knows.

Jims right, Panos, Grigg, Fuller, Wilkins, Shenton etc could likely get more elsewhere but probably not enough to switch away from your home
Club.

After 2014 fiasco etc. the head wobblers at the league hq sorted Redlegs out with the correct guidance re. Salary cap superfluous massages ;)
by holden78
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North and South proved the two Cancers are Not needed and add Zero to SANFL in September.
And don’t give me the having Port in there Garbage, cos they are not the Magpies but cross dressers from afl house :oops:
by holden78
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

What’s done is done now, but there has to be a penalty for such a liberty taken in a final.
Start next season minus 2 points seems about right.
Watch the SANFL squirm and quiver like cowards though :oops:
by holden78
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Troy Menzel to Norwood

I knew it! :evil:
Why don't our players ever come back to us from the AFL? Not happy!

Because we have a salary cap
You do now, doubtful in your glory years.

We will have a pile of room next year if all the players said to be leaving eventuates

You do realise No one believes that bs probably because it’s so obvious :^o :^o :^o :^o
by holden78
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Hello....... there is NO China virus here!
Get on with it ffs :oops:
by holden78
Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |