Search found 37 matches

Return

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Not surprised a that result. All clubs who voted yes should feel proud of themselves now. Wait until your turn when you get flogged then what will your reaction be.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL
by FOURTH ESTATE
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

No, there was a Port Adelaide Football club playing as the Magpies, just as there is in 2014. *yawns*
Let's try again *sigh*
The Port Adelaide Football Club running around the AFL is known as the Port Adelaide Power.
The Port Adelaide, formerly known as the Port Adelaide Magpies, that was running around in the SANFL until last year no longer exists.
The team currently running around in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Power Reserves.
They are the Port Adelaide Power Reserves because the majority of their players are listed with the AFL club the Port Adelaide Power.
These players are not quite good enough or are in the process of rehabilitation and therefore must play for the Port Adelaide Power 2nd string. Also known as a Reserve side, which is a common term known throughout many sports.
Except of course to a few deluded people that stubbornly refuse to accept that their beloved Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

Port Adelaide Power can try to badge their reserve team however they like but the fact of the matter is that the independent SANFL club known as the Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

The sooner you guys can accept that fact the sooner we can all move on and focus our despise on the Port Adelaide Power Reserves. And remember, it isn't our fault that the AFL club Port Adelaide Power decided they didn't want to retain an independent SANFL side and opted to get rid of the Port Adelaide Magpies in favour of their own Port Adelaide Power Reserve side.

If anything, if I was a Port Adelaide Magpies fan, I'd be as pissed off as all the other SANFL fans at what has happened by allowing Reserve teams into our league.

Alternatively you can always deny, deny, deny
by johntheclaret
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

U18's - With the left over league players can play in (Maximum of five and then the rest assigned to an amature club)

So you're saying the SANFL clubs should start treating a Amateur club each with the same disrespect and inflict the same disruption on them that the Cows and Pork did to the SANFL clubs up until 2013?

Leave the ressies alone, the only thing that needs fixing is get rid of the 2 reserves teams in the league comp and increase the salary cap to something that actually reflects the stature of the SANFL competition
by Ian
Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Pity it will be with the power reserves mate. And to the south guy I think you should worry about your own back yard mate looking at your clubs record over the past 35 years
by Ingorudi
Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

My $1 would be on the legs.

I turn my back to baby crows and baby power.

I am SANFL only.

2 clubs are sanfl imposters.

Our comp is a sham, I wont go to sanfl anymore
by Dog_ger
Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

AS usual the AFL make new rules up as they go (to suit themselves) and get what THEY want, no one else
by Reddeer
Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE UPDATES

Doc
Eagles had 8 first choice players missing
Wundke, Lewis, Thompson ,Guiffreda, Thurlow, P. Raymond, Boyd and Jarrad.
So they would be happy with there first run vs Souths second.

And Hall and Petrenko...that's probably the first 10 players missing.....good effort to thump them on their home ground with a 2nd string team
by arcadefire
Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Might make my way around to all grounds ( except Woodville & Alberton) @ least once this season - probably when each Club plays the Cows.
... thereby giving tacit support to the presence of interlopers in Our League.

Why not go and see two of the 8 dinkum teams each week?

Incidentally still not a member of any SANFL club myself.

The clubs need members so why not join up . Your club needs members more than most .Get behind your club if you care I say.
If you cared, why not list your club. Too embarrassed to say your an ex Woodville and/or West Torrens barracker ?

I haven't been an Eagles fan for over a year!
Haven't you been listening?

Embarrassed?
Absolutely! Embarrassed how a Club could 'roll over' so meekly but more importantly, embarrassed that they failed to allow their loyal paying members (of which I was one for 15 seasons!) to vote on the issue of AFL Reserves Teams.
Embarrassed, that I was taken for a ride, year after year, when letters were sent (post Merger) to "Help save the Club" ... "You are important to us" ... "Membership shows loyalty" ... blah, blah, blah

South got my money (as promised) last season, due to their loyalty to the SANFL Competition, but it wasn't the same supporting them - no passion, voice only. No connection with the Club, except that my daughter supports them.

Embarrassed?
That I have all but given up on a competition that I have supported for over 35 yrs, Absolutely!

Embarrassed?
That the pain of losing friends over my stance against the Club I have loved - perhaps.

Embarrassed that I don't show a 'logo' on an Avatar? Please.
by LPH
Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

LPH = Passionate SANFL follower let down by 6 pathetic club's hierarchy - many of us share his pain & disappointment

Bounce of the ball = Troll

End of story.
by Spargo
Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 1 free-kick

I think it's grossly unfair to only have 4 teams playing in Round 1.
Unfair on the other sides who face them the following week.
No matter how many trial games you play, there's nothing like a proper game for match fitness and blowing out the pre-season cobwebs.

I realise there's a lot of different considerations in putting together a season program. But I think all teams playing Round 1 must be a non-negotiable.

Come on SANFL, keeping the playing field level should be your highest priority.
by dogbreath
Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville Saturday 2.10

Yep no Powell and Kane in the midfield will make a huge difference they were both way too slow
by arcadefire
Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

holden78 wrote:The Eagles can't be serious playing schwarz and martyn they are F graders, Westies should win by 3 goals

I thought we were supposed have some good juniors coming up and we're playing plodders like poole and schwarz and well martyn has pace but that's about it
by arcadefire
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to one of my former (and best) students, Dillon Mullins, who will make his league debut this round if he avoids the cut.
by bulldogproud2
Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Pretty sad when you have to pray for major injuries to the opposition but thats what it has come down to with this farce of a setup.
Hopefully a few get belted behind play to even things up a bit.
Interest in the SANFL at an all time low, my family wont be renewing memberships this year and I will now attend country footy everyweek instead.
Have also convinced my boss not to sponsor his club anymore and put his money into local sport
by Red Rocket
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles malaise of 2014 continues with inability to stop opposition momentum. West down 12 goals to 7 and kick the next 8.
Eagles mentally soft and West killed us around the stoppages in the last term.
by wedgetail
Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

58 hit outs to 29...smashed in the ruck again
by arcadefire
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with comments above....Schwarz has zero ability and Poole is too slow and has poor skills. Appleton has ability but can't find the ball. I'm afraid if these guys keep getting a game it is going to be a long season. Don't know what Godden was doing in the 4th must have been having a nap when tuck was carving up schwarz.
by arcadefire
Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden extends contract til 2017

Absurd move IMO, surely they can wait until later in the season. Not as if clubs are lining up at his door to poach him. The club would look rather foolish if they failed to make finals or had another disappointing finals campaign.
by Jim05
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Godden extends contract til 2017

Can't say I'm happy about this. Given his failure to get the club to play consistent footy over the last 3 years I would have much preferred the club to wait until at least the last half of the season to see how we were placed.

"The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is delighted to announce that Senior Coach, Michael Godden, has signed on to coach until the end of the 2017 season.

Club CEO, Peter Schwarz, stated “Mick is an outstanding Premiership coach who continues to lead our Club on the path to success. Securing Mick until the end of 2017 is a major step towards the Eagles achieving ultimate success.”

Michael Godden commented that “we have unfinished business at the Eagles and I am truly excited about where we are heading. To coach this Club is an honour I look forward to repaying the faith shown in me by the Board, members and supporters.”

By the end of the 2017 season, Michael will have coached the Woodville West Torrens Football Club for 8 seasons, making him one of the most experienced and credentialed coaches in the Club’s history."
by Mr Fuller
Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Eagles v Adelaide @ M T Hyunda Oval (Sat 20/6)

Ran in to an Eagles friend early in the first quarter and she made a point, unprompted, of saying how big she thought the crowd was, more than she'd seen at Woodville in a long time; she attends most Eagles home games. My partner and I weren't in a position to tell much other than that the crowd was much bigger than our last visit, but given that was sub 1500 that wasn't hard.
Awful crowds all round, the SANFL is in ruins thanks to letting the cancerous AFL sides in.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Power and Crows Players that have Qualified for Finals

Should be zero max. No AFL in the SANFL.
by RB
Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - WWT v West Adelaide

Panther Pack wrote:Hope the Bloods get up really can't stand the other mob!!!!

Im a bit meh as I cant stand West, mainly due to their flog supporters.
Not too bothered who wins but Eagles have been the best side all year so deserve a spot in the GF
by Jim05
Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

VALE PARK wrote:Port Adelaide could be looking for 2 top ups,
they would be easy to find in the SANFL.
Let us see what happens.

They (and the other clubs who recruited ex-Essendon players) can get stuffed, they all knew these players had baggage and they took the gamble.
by norwood8
Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

Bobo Olsen was the most corrupt premier this state has seen, now he might be the most corrupt administrator we have ever had.
by robranisgod
Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial games

Give it a rest Wedgie - go ask the players at the club what they actually thought about Lewis and find out the facts as to why he quit.

Well said OTR I've spoken to many admin and players on the Lewis subject and the players have all aside bugger off big head. Wants so much and given very little lately. Also went missing in the 2013gf and had ghasto in on other final....pigs arse

Carma will bite you you big headed prick!!!!
by RM
Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial games

So Jim is allowed to post shit and any reply is deleted?. Moderators on this site are fickle and inconsistent!

Not going to be bothered with this site from this point on as it is clearly run by kne set of rules for some and the rest of us who cares!
by on the rails
Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - WWT defeat Sturt

Well it looks like Boyd has got over his groin injuries..was clearly best and a totally different player to the one that was hobbling around in the GF
by arcadefire
Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Woodville in 1964

Because they wanted to screw Torrens over. :D
by RB
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15- Glenelg v South @ Glenelg on Saturday

Pseudo wrote:Bays good by 10 points.

Never in doubt. ;)

It was only South....
by am Bays
Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 - Port v WWT Eagles @ Alberton

Also West Torrens started in 1897, not 1894.
by RB
Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Time

Eagles 10.13
Adelaide reserves 8.5
by johntheclaret
Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

There's plenty who don't fire in GFs!
Godden & Powell do their end of season performance reviews with massive hang overs.......
No other way to explain the thinking that's taken place in the aftermath is there?
No Ruckman, CHF,Chb, and keeping Lewis who can't run unless you love Draught Horses. :evil:
I think they maybe scared to be good enough to qualify to playoff in another GF, as the lack of recruiting is criminal,
there isn't any logic to thinking the problems will solve themselves organically! The Eagles' reserves were so far above the rest of the competition as to be on a different plane for almost all of 2016 (before falling in the GF, in keeping with club tradition). Would have given West's league team a touch-up on their day. Logically there would have to be at least 5 or 6 league-standard players waiting to be promoted from there.

A lot of these blokes have left the club since end of the year...but really they were good b graders but never able to step up to the next level when given an opportunity...Raikewasa would have been really handy...but they let him go as well
by arcadefire
Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Over the last 15 years we have had great SANFL ruckmen, Lindsay, O'Hara, Parry, Redden, Jacobs, Biglands to name a few and have only 2 premierships to show for it.
Redden was very far from being a great SANFL ruck man (although he did play in a premiership).

Jacobs and Biglands didn't play that many games. The only season Jacobs played more than a couple of games in was 2006 when the Eagles won the flag.

Lindsay and Parry won flags (Parry BOG) and O'Hara played well in two losing GF teams and would have got flag if he'd stuck round another year.

I'd say that the Eagles' success has coincided with having top ruck men (although how Brad Dabrowski got a state game I'll never know).

Having said that I think an improved midfield would give them a good chance at the premiership in 2017.
by RB
Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles announce Jade Sheedy as coach

Not sure what leg-up they had. The West Torrens zone was halved when Woodville came in, then the two halves were merged again in 1990.
by RB
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Did the Eagles listen to their fans on this one
Liam Buxton

Liam played 15 games for the Casey Demons in the VFL in 2019 after being recruited from Vermont in the Eastern Football League where he won a Premiership alongside ex Eagle Andrew Ainger in 2018. The 199cm Ruck/Key Forward will look to work in tandem with Jarrad Redden in the ruck whilst also providing another great marking option up forward alongside the Hayes brothers.

On Liam's signing CEO Luke Powell said, “Liam is a fierce competitor and very strong in the air. We feel that Liam can play a big role in seeing us bounce back quickly to finals football in 2020. His ability to play both in the ruck and up forward will give the team greater flexibility next year.”

On his signing Liam said “I am really looking forward to joining the Eagles in 2020 and testing myself in the SANFL competition. After coming across to Adelaide a few weeks ago and speaking to Jade, Luke and a few of the players, I got to experience the professionalism of the Club and felt the Eagles were the best fit for me. I can’t wait to get started.”

Liam will be over for a couple of weeks of the Pre-Season prior to Christmas before fully relocating in the new year.

Please join us in welcoming Liam to the Club
by MJP1993
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |