Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: AFL Reserves Discussion...

Always love reading a bunch of outsiders trying to tell me about my club.

Port Adelaide will determine its identity. But thanks for your input.
by beenreal
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

I'm a bit confused?

So now you all want the PAFC to win the SANFL premiership?

No, we want you to try and fail miserably as you've been doing for the last decade or so.

Just like your mob did for 3+ Decades, or so.

That is until you copied the template for success.

But like most cheap, copy products, that only works for a short period of time.

8)
by beenreal
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Been Real of course there was no complaints from all the supporters as all the nine SANFL clubs were under the same Salary Cap rules and quite happy with the status quo.

Now we have two AFL clubs with multi million dollar budgets playing AFL reserves teams in the SANFL fantastic isn't it NOT !!!!

Only complaint about salary cap I have is that Norwood sold their souls for two draft picks for a YES vote. The SANFL is corrupt and a joke.

Too many footy followers have been seduced by this AFL reserves crap concept its AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

But the saddest thing of all is some of you Magpie supporters let the real Magpies die and are quite happy with all of this SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!!

Port haf no vote. The magpie supporters had no voice at all. The Sanfl would ensure the magpies would die anyway after 2014. Call it 91's revenge.

But on a serious note I have only come across 1 magpie supporter ok with this and we all know that peanut.

HAHA I can't get over how funny it is to hear people that don't support the PAFC try and tell us our team has died. The PAFC is still going strong and is well and truly alive. The funny part about it is, your only going on about the PAFC because your jealous what the club has achieved and knowing your club will never be able to. You guys just worry about your own club because ours is doing just fine.
by kickinit
Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't often comment on this, but I can't believe all these people still going on about the Magpies existing or not. Surely the PAFC is the identity that everyone whether originally Magpies or Power should be loyal too. The club, one club, keeps it identity as the Magpies in the SANFL. The PAFC constitution reads that the club desires to play in the strongest competition possible, which we all know isn't the SANFL.
It's disappointing that at the end of the day the PAFC will not be able to keep its traditional zones, but unfortunately in making the best decision for the entire PAFC it couldn't be done.

I laugh at those (from other clubs & jump off the Magpies) who think they know more than real PAFC people like John Cahill, Brian Cunningham, Tim Ginever, etc who know the true identity of the PAFC & helped better it by establishing it in the best football competition in Australia, whilst still keeping links to its beginings in the SANFL.
by the milky bar kid
Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What integrity for God's sake its a AFL Power reserves side playing in the SANFL and for some reason the SANL/PAFC have decided to use the Magpie emblem to try and suck some followers right in.

Total disrespect to the real Magpie ie 1870 to 2013 SHAME on you all !!!!!

Spot on. And unfortuantley, the retaining of the "magpie" name has sucked numerous people in - these people are just to thick to realise the club is dead. Sad.

Hasn't sucked anyone in. Those people support the club because they are loyal. The people they have jumped ship and started and trying to say they are dead are nothing but weak supporters. I've supported the club my entire, through the good times and the bad and will continue to do so for many years to come.
by kickinit
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Ummm is your first sentence a serious question

The answer is no Centrals were not an AFL reserves side last year because we are not 'one club ' with an AFL side

And the reason your club is now called the Power is because it was happy to sell its identity to get in with the rebranded VFL

If your club had as much pride in its emblem and colours as Eddie did you may not have had to sell your identity.

It's such a bad thing that our club wanted to play in the best competition in Australia? Port Adelaide joined the AFL because it didn't want to be stuck playing in a second rate competition. Port Adelaide had to pay a price and that was entering the AFL as the power and not the magpies, a pretty small price when all your true supporters knows it's still the PAFC.

The only difference between this year and last year, is now all those players that we have spent money and time developing will now be playing for us.

Face facts WHUFC the AFL is the best league in this country. The SANFL will always be a second rate comp which will never change no matter how much you cry about it.
by kickinit
Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

It's lucky you get a regular update from Keith Thomas telling you what to think and what your latest opinions are.

Imagine actually having to think for yourself and forming your own views......

I know, it's like being told you support "the team for all South Australians", and actually believing it.

8)
by beenreal
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

I rest my case re the whole English as a second language thing

Just sh*ts me to tears that you mindless sheep who follow the two AFL teams from Adelaide thinks the sun shines out of your collective ar*es.

You know what, I don't give a flying *uck what the Power or the Crowz do, pretend clubs in an artificial league, they do not, and will never, represent South Australian football heritage no matter how many state jumpers or creeds exploited for commercial advantage they flog off to the brain dead twerps who think they barrack for them.

Wow first time i've heard PAFC will never represent SA football heritage. For starters I don't just follow a AFL team I follow a club that has a team in the AFL and SANFL. A club that represents a very big part in SA football heritage. You can keep dreaming that the PAFC isn't apart of SA football heritage, but at the end of the day they always have and always will.

I still don't get why you have to bring up in this though. If you go back and read all the post, I don't think you would find a single PAFC supporter agreeing with the AFC. The reason for that is the PAFC well and truly knows about the SA football heritage, that where there, the are apart of it. Maybe your post needs to be in a different thread.
by kickinit
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I certainly don't like Port in any way shape or form but what exactly about the Adelaide Crows does Cornes think they are jealous of?
by rod_rooster
Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide's nonstop crises are a bad look and bad outcome for SA footy.

The brand of footy gets hurt in the corporate market.

What the Crows are doing is bringing that price down and in many ways it's devaluing the product.

Seeing them like this at the moment does no-one no good at all.

My point is, it does none of us any good to see the Adelaide Football Club in this way.

It puts pressure on SA football.

It's good fun though. :D
by Mic
Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I think I can sum it up this way
From the people I've talked to about Port Reserves being 1870-2013 or 1870-2014+

NON PORT BARRACKERS
About 95% say Port Reserves is a new team in the SANFL

PORT BARRACKERS
About 50% say Port 2014 are still Port Adelaide 1870+

I say its a new team
All past records from 1870-2013 should be put in the archives

Just one more observation
Crows barrackers accept that the Crows reserves is the Crows reserve team in the SANFL
Why don't Port barrackers ?

Well what else could they be ?

The Power isn't just a idea concocted in Max Basheer's pool room. They are a push from the most successful SA football club to expand into the highest comp in the land (crows fans can thank them for that) to say they should abort their history is garbage. Magpies, Power, Wharfies, Scumbags or whatever the nickname they are all products of the PAFC and it's history. Call it Power reserves if you want, it's still the PAFC.
by LMA
Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

Such is the sorry mess of the SANFL.
Non Power Magpie supporters have been truly been shafted by the promises from the One Club vote.
But what do you expect.
Where were these people when the Power went into the AFL and had pretty much 100% support from members?

Port Adelaide knows very well that 95% of Port Adelaide fans are behind both the Power and the Magpies. Our loyalty as a club is to Port Adelaide in both forms, not to a weird minority that support one for some weird reason. And our overall membership numbers(52k and counting) shows that we've made the right decision, so all you fans of other SANFL clubs can take your worries elsewhere.
by Leon_LeCornu
Sun May 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great post Aerie, sadly even if they reverse the decision at the end of the year and the AFL teams piss off the damage has been done, people like myself and others have found other ways to spend our time and $.

No chance the decision will be reversed
Exactly, stuck with it now.
Will definately be some adjustments to the rules next year though, several clubs will kick up a stink

What, like calling Port "the Power", there is no Magpies anymore ffs!
Give them a limit of 12 professional players per game against SANFL clubs, otherwise f--- off to the ammo's!

you can call us what ever you like. At the end of the day we are the PAFC and we don't give a crap what you think.
by kickinit
Wed May 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't have an issue with the Power in fact I admire them in the last couple of years as they just sat back quietly while the Crows set them up beautifully. The Power care only about the Power and good on them. Its the 7 delegates that were more interested in pandering to the Crows than worrying about their own clubs that shit me.
by Wedgie
Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reallocation of boundaries

That's good. AFL clubs should be contributing to community programs such as this. Most AFL clubs do and it's good to see Port adding to the good work it already does within the community.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

It's well documented why Kurtze left. You cannot be a Senior Associate at Thomson Geer and commit to SANFL football. He'd be putting in 60 hour working weeks regularly. You cannot combine that with what is expected by a league club if you're doing the right thing by your employer and your club.

Short of Sturt topping his wage (which would be 6 figures) he was never going to continue playing SANFL.

He wants to keep playing though, at a level he can give a commitment to. If he can earn a few dollars doing so, so much the better.

Thank you.

Yet again not having a crack at Angus(I'd do the same)simply the fact the above will continue to occur salary cap or not. Plus aren't Allan and Kurtz assistant coaches ???

You are aware of the justification as to why the salary cap was brought in was to try and prevent the above ???

Re Marquee players, the top paid SANFL players earn more than any community player as it is. This wouldn't accomplish much. If it's financial incentives the League needs to raise the salary cap league wide and increase game payments for League and Reserve. Whether this is actually sustainable I have no idea

Pig shit they would. Daniel Motlop stated I'm playing country footy cos I get more than playing at North ffs. Sanfl salary cap is just over $300k no one player would be getting football payments of anywhere near what welsh/Petrie/Clayton/sheedy/Waterhouse/ladhams and co. have been getting paid In country leagues for years.Are you suggesting James Allan with his employment gig at Pembroke is taking a massive pay cut purely for the honor or representing a div 3 club.

Dreaming.

Marquee players(even if half wage is not included in salary cap)is one suggestion for sanfl to try and truly combat the issue.

If Ammo/country clubs are allowed to attract marquee players for their clubs why can't SANFL clubs is my question ??? Maybe concentrate on the big picture.

UK Fan - you may be better off not commenting on things you know little about.

Ammo's don't have the marquee player available, and the country clubs have to include the marquee player inside their cap. James Allen also got boned from Norwood so was looking for a new club anyway as well. = both players can only be paid $400 maximum per game

I hear both are donating their match payments to charity and will live free of all things material.

Also heard their footy boots will be made of recyclable goods so boths existence is carbon neutral friendly.
by UK Fan
Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Liam Jurrah is out of jail and wants to get back into footy. Would any of the SANFL clubs look at recruiting him or is there more chance of him playing for the NT Thunder?
by Mythical Creature
Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Mt Lofty wore down Flaggies to make their first HCA GF in 27 years which will be heeld at Kangarilla v Meadows.
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Great figures considering a final and the opposition, who took the other wicket? :) Brings back memories of Scott Madsen taking all 10 wickets in an innings for Lofty against Onka's back in the late 90's.

SCIB's would have thought they were a huge show rolling Meadows for such a small score.

Lofty are the one team that have worried Meadows in recent years so will be a great battle this weekend.
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

The AFL teams are the only reason our competition and clubs still exist. They bring in what, $20 mill a year through the Adelaide Oval deal? most SANFL games are lucky to get more than 100 people turn up?

We need to go back to grass roots to survive, stop paying interstate players big money, stop trying to be the second best league in Australia, just live within our means.
by frogcake
Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would any SANFL team consider 'John Butcher' next year?

Booney wrote:No. / thread.

Thanks for your input Boon! :D
He is second on the goal kicking list this year as Saintal pointed out......... So why wouldn't they?
by amber_fluid
Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would any SANFL team consider 'John Butcher' next year?

heater31 wrote:Who needs a forward? Hopefully they have a decent kicking coach to see if Port actually tried to teach him to kick....

Yeah, pretty sure we didn't bother with that.... :roll:
by Booney
Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 - Port v WWT Eagles @ Alberton

Wedgie wrote:Albertons BBQ has been the worst comfortably for quite a long time.

The bowling club pasties are the best in the business, $4.
by Booney
Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 - Port v WWT Eagles @ Alberton

Actually, I wonder what the all time best overweight side would look like? And what criteria would we use to choose it? E.g. Rick Davies was slim as a younger fella, but put the kilos on toward the end of his career. Would he be deserving of a Guernsey in the all time greatest fat blokes team?
Old Grenville would be a shoe in at full forward. Never seen so many kilos get so high off the ground. I think we'd stick Craig Balme at full back, he was well padded from memory
Back in the day Dennis Sachse was a big fella (from what I'm told and the pics I've seen), would be up for a spot.

Damien Cupido is a more recent candidate.

Probably this post should be in the History section but a few observations.

Big Dennis actually wasn't that big in the stomach area. He was huge in the backside and thighs and would certainly make an overweight side. He was a magnificent mark. Garry Jones from Central was a bit similar.

From the 1960s two Magarey Medallists in a row, Ron Kneebone and Bubbles Obst were shall we say "barrel chested". They were both very strong men and great footballers but would not pass today's skin fold tests. In the mid 1960s Dick Jackson from South and Reggie Beaufoy from Port had a few great clashes which unkind supporters used to refer to as the "battle of the elephants". They both could really play and both sadly left us whilst still quite young.

Peter Darley certainly carried weight later in his career as did the "pocket battleship", Barrie Barbary.

I think "Blossom" Blagrove from Port's golden era in the 1950s was another player who would have been in strife with skin folds but I only have very vague memories of him. I hope that I am not being libellous towards him.

Wilbur Wilson would never have passed a skin fold test either and Kerry "Bomber" Hamilton was inclined to easily put on weight.

Later in their careers the Jarman brothers certainly carried weight. It didn't affect their performance too much.
by robranisgod
Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Semi Related - another standalone VFL club on verge of leaving

They had 4 in 2016 - Frankston went broke, if North Ballarat leave that would mean just Port Melbourne & Williamstown left as non AFL aligned.

Board meeting to decide North Ballarat's VFL fate
Nick Bowen December 3, 2016 5:20 PM

Newsletter
RSS
VFL 2016 Rd 20 - North Ballarat v Essendon
Nick Rippon in action for North Ballarat
THE VFL competition could lose its second club in little more than two months, with North Ballarat set to decide whether it continues in the state league at a board meeting on Monday night.

North Ballarat's looming board vote follows Frankston's expulsion from the VFL in late September, when the state league's governing body, AFL Victoria, terminated the Dolphins' licence after they were placed under financial administration.

North Ballarat entered the 2016 season as a standalone club after ending an eight-season partial alignment with North Melbourne that yielded three consecutive VFL premierships from 2008-10.

The Roosters finished second last this year – ahead of only Frankston – after notching just three wins.

It is understood they are now considering focusing solely on the Ballarat Football League, where they field a team, North Ballarat City, amid concerns about the mounting costs of fielding a VFL team.

North Ballarat chairwoman Jenny Bromley did not return calls when contacted about Monday night's vote, but AFL Victoria released a brief statement to AFL.com.au.

"AFL Victoria has been informed about a board meeting at the North Ballarat Football Club on Monday night, and will await the result of that meeting before making any further comment," AFL Victoria said.

If the Roosters vote to leave the VFL, the competition will be reduced from 15 to 13 teams next season.

It would also mean Eureka Stadium would be left without a VFL tenant as it nears the end of a major redevelopment ahead of the venue's first scheduled AFL game, between the Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide in round 22 next season.

The Victorian State Government contributed $15 million to the stadium's redevelopment.
by PhilH
Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not all black and white

And there's ******* whinging in here. :roll:

**** off to the 576 other threads and sulk in there.
by Booney
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |