Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Crows and Pear must have lost on the weekend for 5AA (and Dumb and Dumber in particular) to give this incident the air time it has. Even Jane Reilly had her say this morning and I doubt if she has followed the SANFL competition for years. As soon as there is a negative story out there the media jump on board.
And after finding out Symes and Grocke are friends off the field, Jane suggested maybe the incident was playful. :shock:

As for Rowey lets just say he may have received a phone call from one of his mates down at the Eagles, hence his defence of Grocke yesterday.

Penerbethy wanted him banned for life and then for a season! I think 7 is about right. The Eagles should fine him as well. Really dumb act.

Penberthy is poor radio announcer...5AA must be scraping the bottom of the barrel....continually taking pot shots at easy targets to build his non existent profile...what a tool
by arcadefire
Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

YEAH what the other 2 guys said :evil:
by arcadefire
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE UPDATES

Doc
Eagles had 8 first choice players missing
Wundke, Lewis, Thompson ,Guiffreda, Thurlow, P. Raymond, Boyd and Jarrad.
So they would be happy with there first run vs Souths second.

And Hall and Petrenko...that's probably the first 10 players missing.....good effort to thump them on their home ground with a 2nd string team
by arcadefire
Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville Saturday 2.10

Yep no Powell and Kane in the midfield will make a huge difference they were both way too slow
by arcadefire
Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

holden78 wrote:The Eagles can't be serious playing schwarz and martyn they are F graders, Westies should win by 3 goals

I thought we were supposed have some good juniors coming up and we're playing plodders like poole and schwarz and well martyn has pace but that's about it
by arcadefire
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

58 hit outs to 29...smashed in the ruck again
by arcadefire
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with comments above....Schwarz has zero ability and Poole is too slow and has poor skills. Appleton has ability but can't find the ball. I'm afraid if these guys keep getting a game it is going to be a long season. Don't know what Godden was doing in the 4th must have been having a nap when tuck was carving up schwarz.
by arcadefire
Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday @ Norwood

Well done dogs...thought they were impressive last week
by arcadefire
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Wedgie wrote:COYS! What a great morning! :D

Yeah what a game...the final whistle was almost as good as the Eagles winning the 2011 premiership
by arcadefire
Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Port

Someone needs to tell them that the microphones go inside the commentary box not outside
by arcadefire
Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - WWT defeat Sturt

Well it looks like Boyd has got over his groin injuries..was clearly best and a totally different player to the one that was hobbling around in the GF
by arcadefire
Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Thanks for the tip...downloaded kodi last night and the add-ons...don't have to worry about it now but hopefully in August will be able to still watch some Spurs games
by arcadefire
Thu May 05, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - Norwood v Eagles @ The Parade (Sat 27/8)

Yeah i don't think you could take too much out of the game...eagles looked like there were just trying to avoid any more injuries
by arcadefire
Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

There's plenty who don't fire in GFs!
Godden & Powell do their end of season performance reviews with massive hang overs.......
No other way to explain the thinking that's taken place in the aftermath is there?
No Ruckman, CHF,Chb, and keeping Lewis who can't run unless you love Draught Horses. :evil:
I think they maybe scared to be good enough to qualify to playoff in another GF, as the lack of recruiting is criminal,
there isn't any logic to thinking the problems will solve themselves organically! The Eagles' reserves were so far above the rest of the competition as to be on a different plane for almost all of 2016 (before falling in the GF, in keeping with club tradition). Would have given West's league team a touch-up on their day. Logically there would have to be at least 5 or 6 league-standard players waiting to be promoted from there.

A lot of these blokes have left the club since end of the year...but really they were good b graders but never able to step up to the next level when given an opportunity...Raikewasa would have been really handy...but they let him go as well
by arcadefire
Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

So Norwood get smashed and outclassed in every aspect of the game but had 20 frees to 14 ...how does that happen... there should be a league investigation...its a disgrace...
by arcadefire
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Glenelg Sat 1440

So not only do they have no salary cap they supply their own umpires..how can they lose
by arcadefire
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 South Adelaide v WWT Saturday 1405

Redden is out injured and Thompson and Lornegan are having a run in the reserves
by arcadefire
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 1st Semi Final

Theres actually 6 - karpany broadbent schwarz elsworthy whittlesea and summerton + their coach
by arcadefire
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

Apparently Jade Sheedy gave him his medal
by arcadefire
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

I can see it's getting to the stage where there will only be 3 spots available to real teams in the finals and Crows and Power Reserves will play in the Grand Final every year. The real teams will play for 3rd. :evil: :twisted:

F**k the Offal (aka AFL). Why didn't they create a national AFL Reserves competition and not just one for the eastern states? MF Suns of Bitches. misspelled deliberately.

Magpies always use to take a spot in the finals and make the GF, if not win it most years anyway

Pretty ordinary record in 2000's prior to becoming the power reserves

2000 3rd
2001 3rd
2002 6th
2003 5th
2004 6th
2005 3rd
2006 5th
2007 6th
2008 5th
2009 8th
2010 8th
2011 6th
2012 7th
2013 6th
by arcadefire
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Zane Williams broke his wrist in his league debut in round 10 and made his return in the Reserves GF so would have likely been in GF team if fit all year. He has been targeted by the Power as rookie selection. Wehr will go in the draft as will Mcneil and Rowe but most likely as rookies
by arcadefire
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

I love the SANFL and want it to be successful as the main priority. I genuinely don't understand how it can make more money thus ensuring its viability without the $400k from the crows coming in though. I hate that the AFL is in the comp to begin with but that damage is now done and I can't see crowds ever increasing from here. The SANFL without a magpies side for everyone to hate/love is just bland.

No one gives a s**t about the power reserves
by arcadefire
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Eagles v South Saturday 2.10PM

You would think that Dan Menzel would return this week and Dane Mcfarlane and Lornegan would be big chances. Hayes and Clay Cameron a chance as well.
by arcadefire
Thu May 06, 2021 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Eagles v West

Please delete this game off the digital pass archives so no one has to be subjected to accidentally watching it..
by arcadefire
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Vamos wrote:Royal Headach, High. Brilliant album that sounds like it cost 1000 bucks to make.

Agree its one of my personal faves and carolina is such a great song
by arcadefire
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Eagles ins outs to date:

Ins: Luke McKay (Narrendera), Jack Boyd (Werribee)
Outs: Daniel Menzel (Retired), Jesse Lonergan (Retired), Jimmy Toumpas (Retired), Clay Cameron (QAFL), Mitch Hardie (Geelong), Riley Collier Dawkins (Williamstown) Kai Pudney (Centrals)
by arcadefire
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |