Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

HV played Christies U18s in a trial game Saturday - apparently there were some Christies people talking their team up as potential premiers before the game. HV won by 10 goals.

Mr Footy,

It's March mate!
"Its a marathon not a sprint" some bloke said that once and think he went all right as a coach..... 8) !
Thanks to CBFC for the opportunity.
Good "TRIAL" game played in the right spirit, ol Bice oval was a peach too, in great nick.

LGIL,
I Didn't stick around for the A's how did the scores end up?
How did the big PEZ dispenser Perrie and Welshy go for Padathway?
by jet-airport
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Possible Vacant A Grade Coaching positions 2015 in SAAFL

HI All,

Any word on A grade coaching positions that may become available in 2015 ???
Feel free to P.M. me if required. Cheers.
by jet-airport
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, well , well word on the ol facebook grapevine is another "star quality player" set to leave SFL!! Unbelievable! Great player and if true will be a Huge void to fill, his ex club needs to have a good hard look at themselves.
by jet-airport
Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not for me to elaborate on, not my club, and it isn't rubbish!! Imagine it will be all over here by this afternoon, definitely by selections tonight!!
Maybe someone from the club concerned can reveal? There's plenty of em on this site normally with opinions. :oops:

Joel Brown on the move?

Have done some checking for you SB and you are correct. Sad to see but when you are offered the real big bucks he has been reckon it is understandable. Was always a chance this would happen when his best mate NPG went to Loxton. He has told club he will be back next year but has a wedding to pay for

Just another casualty of the country clubs being able to offer these blokes plenty of $$$$$ and SFL clubs cant match it.

Jet Airport reckon you need to get your head out your backside mate and stop trashing HV any chance you get. Most blokes would be tempted by this sort of cash - HV dont need to "have a good hard look at themselves" but maybe you should find a mirror and stop trying to stir up trouble[/quote]

Not "stirring up trouble" MF, stating what I had been shown on Facebook!
Not "trashing" Happy Valley either MF- always respected HV footy club... but... the walls down HVFC are talking in 2015 MF!

Last I checked Its a forum and when your arguably 1st or 2nd best player- "walks out" after playing "B grade" round 1, people in footy are going to talk. If a Farrier, Pannozo, Mott, or Carey did the same you'd be all over it .

See you round 5 MF- i'll bring some mirrors for your hierarchy to look into, make sure you all wear ya 2012 premiership Polo-shirts so we can count ALL the blokes who have moved on.
by jet-airport
Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went down and had a look at the Reynella v Morphett Vale rivalry for the first time. The game lead to a lack of atmosphere but it was great to see the number of people at the game.

Reynella were white hot all day and the service the midfield gave the forwards all day was impeccable. Around the ground Reynella ran harder tackled harder and just applied so much pressure to Morphett Vale they were under the pump all day. Reynella was just too big all over the ground.

Can't say too much for Morphett Vale on that performance except it was a day to forget and I am sure they will not be that uncomeptative in a game for a long time.

B Grade was a pretty good standard with both side struggling to hit a forward target. Would have been good to see the teams decide the game rather than a piss poor 50 metre penalty. As it was Morphett Vale kicked another goal so would possibly have won the game anyway.

Surely M/vale could of put loose numbers or a plus 1 behind the ball at some stage to stop the bleeding :shock: :shock:
Sides that try to play man on man footy against the Wineys just get blown away on a dry deck....
by jet-airport
Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

spot on wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Reynella looking like the team to beat in all 5 grades

Emus won the B Grade today, I think they are undefeated at the moment.

Reverse psychology there Dutchy?? you blokes are sitting top of 2 of the grades too...
by jet-airport
Mon May 25, 2015 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Instead of finding ways (which is quite easy to do) in beating the salary cap rules. Why didn't the leagues and clubs simply vote NO? That would have been the easiest. Just tell the CFB to stick their rules where the sun doesn't shine and run the competitions as the clubs see fit. Simply doesn't make sense to vote yes and then look for ways to break the rules. Would have been easier to be upfront from the start
Or just abide by the rules the MAJORITY of clubs have agreed to & probably won't be affected by. Seems to me any clubs against the salary cap are the ones who spend a sh!tload of money on players.
Or they don't like to be dictated too by a body that has an agenda that has nothing to do with equalisation !
Exhibit A

Need some plumbing work....... :D :D :D :D
by jet-airport
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard this morning Cove had over 60 players on the track last night for their 1st training :shock: :shock:
Anyone from Cove confirm this??
JC / Jesus Christ-- performing miracles already :lol: .
by jet-airport
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Hows the new regime going at HV?

Has the club placed a Media ban on for 2016 Dutchy ? The regulars -Mister footy, Front n Centre AFC 97/98 are noticeably quiet. :lol:
by jet-airport
Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

This stinks off legal advice immediately post accident;
Johnson disappears / vanishes
mums the word with players guests at party.
JI leaves phone at party?? no contact!
Disappears for 5 hours to sober up on his own?
Seen riding a bike allegedly and left alone?
rolls up at a mates joint 19km away, ironically ,Just after the legal time requirement for a breath test.....
Port get lawyers back to go over next steps
Visit cops in morning

Good job boys, job well done, give him a game!!
by jet-airport
Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where was the Tribe bus on the wend?
You would of thought that this of all games would of be broadcast with a combination of GSFL and SFL .

Is it true that Valley and Flaggies have been in discussion with leagues outside the SFL?

Not Flaggies.

Couldn't imagine Flaggies wanting to go anywhere, there sitting top and dominating most of the sat footy age groups and have a huge LOCAL sub junior base.
Travelling to Mt Barker and Torrens Valley etc etc wouldn't be high on my priority list if I was president "nutman" :D
by jet-airport
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to it SB, I agree the Shoes jumper looks great.

ANZAC ROUND & DIGGERS DAY
The first ever S.A. Diggers Day in conjunction with the Anzac round and the A Grade grand final replay between Flagstaff Hill and Noarlunga is next Saturday, 21st April.

It's getting (or will be getting) very positive promotion across all media with a huge footy and community crowd expected.

Be a part of this SA first...and bring your family and friends. It will be a proud Anzac event not to be missed which includes a spectacular, live Anzac commemoration ceremony with all the armed services represented.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1210055362464774/

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30656868_10160142711550328_2597401796041244672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1268551c55ed0a88ae822cd87d58a537&oe=5B5889EB

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30708480_10155730308828640_6881887108391239680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8dabffb23ffd4cb15bd1c68add670edf&oe=5B59E7B7 Not sure it should be an Anzac game if it is not played on Anzac Day - could have been a big day, instead the rest of us will be tied up with our own games

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well it would have at least been on Sunday as a stand alone game... But somebody didn't like that idea, hey ShoeBoy?

Shoeboy way to busy trying to put a positive spin on the #bringbackcomerforBgrade protest.... lol
by jet-airport
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to a more evenly contested spread of games this weekend.

Absolute Cracker B, and A GRADE …...Shoes vs Flaggy - Wish I could get to this one, will be worth a watch - Shoe's by a goal in A grade, Flaggy by 2 goal in B grade….. & Shoeboy to play down A grade premiership favouritism post game :)

Good luck to all!
by jet-airport
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brad Crabb appointed Cove coach in August...or have I missed something?

Seems the appointment didn't last long... Pretty poor from Crabb.
Why the hell would anyone stay with so much uncertainty surrounding their future, and with their reputation clearly in tatters. Few weeks ago they didnt even look like they'd have a club.

Comment was more from reading/hearing the line about a new born baby and running his own plumbing business... Whether the Cove issues came to light or not these two factors were happening anyway. So to say "Crabb decided that with a newborn child , more responsibility with his plumbing business and publicity and uncertainty about Cove’s football future would have been too much for a new coach." is a bit of a stretch.

Should have just said the last comment and been done with it.

Considering he's signed and Playing for Penola a 4 hour drive away, compared to a 5 minute drive up the hill to Cove, pretty clear cut that family and the business weren't any part of his Cove decision.
by jet-airport
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |