Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

Jackpot jim
Not trying to deter you I just think its pointless in general to mention injuries as every team has them / players missing for work and other reasons. Injuries on the day are probably a valid point but no use talking about what players could be in the team if it wasn't for injuries from past weeks

I'm with jackpot, I'd rather know if a game was played without a bench! It definitely has an impact on a teams ability to perform on that day!
Or is this more of a deflection of what is really going on?? I've heard on the grapevine there is a couple of senior lads not happy with the fact Mergs won't wipe their bums for them like their previous coach would and It's having an affect on the young guns of the team!! Any thoughts??

Im sure everyone has injury issues, I certainly know Willunga are having more than their fair share of injury problems at the minute. Without naming them there were as many as 10 missing Saturday, and even with the depth at the club this is still a very testing time for the Dees. To get a win on the weekend, despite the creeks being depleted was a great win for the club and hopefully with the return of some important players this weekend hopefully they're able to compete and beat the Bays.
On Murgs. He's been great, the numbers on the track and injured guys on the sidelines at each and every session tells me the players have enjoyed his input and are not having any issues with him whatsoever. I'd worry about your own backyard Eclipse rather than relying on grapevines for your information.

I saw Ben "Bull" Baxter got the call up to the A's a couple of weeks ago BJ - how far away is Beefa? ;)

After the association game WoW. Chum Reed had the boots in the car on the weekend incase of a late withdrawal!
by BJ Ernest
Wed May 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any feedback on the weekends games fellas...

Dog's ,Why the big turn around? who are the big ins? or has the squad lifted?[/quo

Everyone in the league are asking the same question, looked at the clearances only 2 new players have played A grade. :?

You need "book ends" for the structure of any good side. Compass have bought in that.. I mean brought in that ;). The return of Ziggy up forward & Tiller down back has given them that. Corbett back in the middle this year, Hunter & Pinyon over the last couple - handy $ide.

Yes it is interesting that dogs keeps throwing the dollar signs at other clubs..... Glass houses.....stones [emoji6]
We all happily admit we pay good money to good players!
by field of dreams
Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No brown paper bags, all above board here. Loyal players sticking around. 4 of them are that keen, they have new jobs at the pub bottleshop.
by LuvsFooty
Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

words of wisdom wrote:MCLAREN stacking the B grade again? :lol:

Come on WoW...Maybe Loots's form warranted dropping after playing every game this year.
by field of dreams
Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |