Search found 15 matches

Return

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

You can read between the lines with this report. Big Phil, try and not ask a question with this statement if you can refrain from that sport for this .
What are you on about, now?

I think it's very sensitive this story and doesn't need constant questionning on why a comment has been made by posters. Thanks.
I couldn't agree more, regarding the sensitivities surrounding the situation...

Now...

If you could just point out where I have questioned a comment being made on this topic, let alone constant questioning, thanks?

Personally as a member of the club i don't care greatly about the sensitivities of the situation.

A former employee has allegedly taken a large amount of money from the club. I don't see how the Police can't be involved in this.

I am certain that if it were a bar person that did this, there wouldn't be any hesitation, in involving the Police in dealing with it even if the same sensitivities were involved.

Those sensitivities or the money allegedly being paid back don't IMO mean the club shouldn't be taking action against the individual. If what has been reported is true then a criminal offence took place and the person/people responsible should be made accountable for their actions.
by wycbloods
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

CoverKing wrote:Great news for the wyc lads...last time we lost to plympton we won the flag! Giggity

Cove won last year and Plympton beat us last year. You're wrong.
by wycbloods
Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

OnSong wrote:Can someone summarise why Don Farrell appears to have so much power within the Labor party?

His connections in the unions etc?

He was the state secretary of the SDA. The SDA control the right. He still has a huge influence over Peter Malinauskas.
by wycbloods
Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Press release from Westies

Following investigations by the Club in mid-2013, a former employee of the Club admitted to the unauthorised removal of a significant amount of Club funds. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The Board subsequently appointed an experienced Chartered Accountant to undertake an investigation to determine whether this was, in fact, the material extent of the apparent fraudulent activity.
An extensive review of the Club’s accounting records, bank accounts and transactions involving the former employee was completed in early January 2014.
The investigation resulted in discovery of a number of further questionable transactions and potential misappropriations of funds which were reported to, and considered by, the full Board of the Club.
Upon review of this report by the former employee, a further amount of misappropriation has been admitted. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The maximum recovery of funds for the benefit of the Club has been considered to be of prime importance and this matter has been an issue of serious priority for the Board, together with taking steps to tighten administrative procedures and controls to prevent the reoccurrence of such a situation in the future.
The matter has absorbed a huge amount of the Club’s resources and we look forward to a more positive and productive application of those resources with the finalisation of this matter.

Hopefully all over now. Time to move forward

"We've worked out you stole more"

"Yep, you want it back?"

"Yep."

*Surely in an official statement where guilt is admitted, the need for "allegedly" is no longer required.

Surely the line he paid it back that's good enough isn't good enough.

AGM is going to be interesting.
by wycbloods
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Morphy's for another well hosted event for the Dave Lee Memorial Shield game.

Glad we were able to win it but even happier that we were able to raise a few dollars for beyond blue which will hopefully help someone out in their time of need and ensure we don't lose another mate to depression.

The temperatures certainly impacted the turnout but it didn't affect spirit of those there and again a good time was had by everyone there.

It is great to also see the Lee family support the game as much as they do. Something we hope continues for as long as possible.

We look forward to hosting the game next year.
by wycbloods
Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Expression of interest - $20 & $50 cash leagues

I'll go in the $20 one again.
by wycbloods
Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 DT/SC Discussion

I've just created an AFL Fantasy league, which nobody seems to want to join... :oops:

If you want to join a league for shits and giggles, search for 'Clean Snap Football Association' on the AFL Fantasy page.

Your league is a failed creation. Come and join the Hogg! We need more Divvy VI coaches and that will be a bit of a shit and giggle league as well.

regards,

REB

*BUMP*

If anyone is still interested, there's still plenty of spots left in the Clean Snap Football Association. The league code is Z5PEYPV4 if you want to check it out.

BTW, I joined Hogg Division VI tonight too.

Im in.

HH3 = Emu Farmers

I've just joined as well.
by wycbloods
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tyrone wrote:poor morphies.. struggled thru tough one.. patto stand out player for us

reckon youth centre or cove to make the gf.. youths to win

well done may, krutl for bowling / batting

Nice predictions so far.

Hope you're right again too!
by wycbloods
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 DT/SC Discussion

Rik E Boy wrote:SuperCoach Paige reports Luke McDonald an unlikely selection but Georgiou has been upgraded for Mitch Clark.

regards,

REB

Nth Melbourne confirmed that Mcdonald will play last night on Twitter.
by wycbloods
Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

Not sure how facebook posts can get a cricketer banned, do the powers that be think they are the AFL!!!

This is pathetic....

I think its great that the association have stood up against such comments no matter how they were made.

You can't go and call people such things if it isn't true.

I think the cricketing ban is the least of the players problems. I would be worried about the lawsuit that should follow.
by wycbloods
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy they hadn't as of last week contacted us about joining other than an initial phone call to our president to inquire about what process they would need to follow to join. We haven't heard from them since so i wouldn't expect them to be playing with us this season.
by wycbloods
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If everyone can get on board and support this page that has been set up to help raise money for wyc player Rob Hopkins who has received terrible news recently regarding his 3 year old son Noah it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/fundraisingfornoah
by wycbloods
Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2021

good to be back. I'm in.
by wycbloods
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Deadline Thursday March 4 - Hogg Missing Persons Un

both my boys are in as of right now REB.
by wycbloods
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division IV 2022

Finals Week 1

Qualifying Finals
harryshawks 2468
Killer Wombats 1984

Moneybrawl 2320
Dream Team 2258

Elimination Finals
Brodlach Bombers 2401
Anytime Turtles 2175

Willie Nillies 2184
Liams Layabouts 2001

Semi Finals
Killer Wombats vs. Brodlach Bombers
Dream Team vs. Willie Nillies

Killer Wombats has a massive fail in week one in the finals with the wheels well and truly falling off as a series of outs in combination with playing harryshawks *cough* wycbloods proved to be too much of a struggle in their Qualifying Final. Dream Team put up a better fight but Moneybrawl returned to Division III with a fine finals win. In the Elimination final Brodlach Bombers were the stand out and I reckon he can win his semi against Wombats while Dream Team should be able to bounce back against Willie Nillies who just don't have the scoring power to advance.

regards,

REB

Hey REB

I can assure you this isn't me helping him. There is no way i would've had Gus Brayshaw in my side after the pain he has caused me in the past. The lad did rather well by himself. He has much more time on his hands than i do.
by wycbloods
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |