Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Buzzy is awake and appear to be on the mend which is great and should be out if intensive care tomorrow if he keeps improving.

He was standing the mark in a competitive drill and smothered the kick with ball hitting him pretty hard but nothing out of the ordinary, at this stage it appears to be a freak accident where the ball hit him in exactly the wrong stop at exactly the wrong time.
by Ace of Spades
Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

SANFLnut wrote:Major benefit for teams that have played lots of night games this year. Clubs should be spewing that this has been dropped on them so late.

Not an issue for my team.....

Unfortunately not an issue for my team :(
by gossipgirl
Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

bennymacca wrote:http://boundforglorynews.com/crows-chairmans-hubris-a-costly-mistake/

Just more of the same dribble thats already been reported
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

Was a good day OnSong. Didn't see you so I must have been drinking my froffies from another beer tent . Oval looked the best I have ever seen it, so the footy club should be proud of how they presented it. From my perspective, the weather was sunny, beer was cold and my steak sanga had double meat (thanks buttsy) so I went home reasonably happy.

As for carparking, I managed to park in some unlucky bastards driveway :lol:, but it looked as though the CFS would have made a killing which is great to see.

What was the crowd in the end mate? We had a guess of somewhere between 1500 and 2000. Always hard to tell though.

Or the eskie you snuck in through the gate!!!!

Na I've never snuck beers into a local footy ground (Adelaide Oval different story). Would rather support each individual club. Pisses me off no end when people bring their own drinks into my club so I have no right to criticise if I do it back to them.
by Mythical Creature
Fri May 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

All players play week to week with their mates as it is right now, what's your point??
What sort of product would you like to put out there for people to watch Cracka??
A decent game of country footy with some quality players to watch which has kids excited about wanting to play football or a sub standard kick and catch with no spectators and kids looking to other things like soccer and the like because that's the way it's heading.[/quote]
My point was, I took offence to country footy being labelled deplorable if clubs don't or can't spend mega dollars on recruiting overpaid mercenaries. I think you can still have a decent game of country footy with just local community people, who the kids of the clubs can relate to. Crowd figures are down more now since all this recruiting is going on. kids nowadays are already looking to other things, not just soccer, my son is giving up footy next year to concentrate on downhilling & it's got nothing to do with how many recruits the club has. After Saturday downhill practice we usually head back to the footy club for a meal & catch up with friends, which is what I think country footy should be about, not which club has the biggest budget.[/quote]

Every team have more people back at their clubrooms post match when they are winning.
When they are losing people look elsewhere.
Winning creates Success.
So a club should work their backsides off to have success.
She was the last time your club tasted premiership success?[/quote]

Disagree, Whilst Ironbank aren't a successful club we had better numbers when we were coming bottom in around 2005. I can tell you we get no more supporters coming to watch just cos we have Hitchcock and Motlop. People invested in the club want to see the people that have played many years for the club as they have more interest in watching those people as they know them well. Once again Cracka knows better than I but by all accounts they still get plenty of people back to their club even though there struggling this year and I have no doubt they are working hard to succeed. I don't get how you can say clubs work their backside off for success, TV in the Hills comp have one guy that has a bucketload of cash and is the only reason they are any good. They spend no money on facilities, don't field the required Junior sides and yet have a great A grade side cos one guy spends big on them. That's not my definition of working hard to succeed.
Where have u been all night. :D
by cracka
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

Also chances will come up in a whole lot of unexpected ways. For instance, lots of new buildings and facilities need to be built now at Osborne, so surely a whole set of building companies/workers will get that work. I still think that the general 'vibe' this creates adds to business confidence and is great for our economy in intangible ways...
by Sploosh
Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 Talk

Does Hopper come in this week, or hold firm til he's played his two games?
After such an impressive start he has probably earned the right to come in after 1 game. I will probably hold off a week but that's because I have too many other issues

In SC there is no reason to bring him in this week unless you aren't planning on trading next week.

In AF for sure he comes in
by bennymacca
Tue May 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Once again, struggle to settle and fall to sleep. Alarm goes off for work, instantly drop off to sleep.
by helicopterking
Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dating Help

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Games rooms essentials

hehehehe

i work 150m away from there.

The owner is doing a brilliant job there!!
by whufc
Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dating Help

Since I have been single, I have more money than I know what to do with.

I have a proud bank account.

An enormous gold coin jar almost filled.

Paid the house off.

And 2 cars. 1 a new commodore.

Tell me the up side of a relationship...?

In my last relationship, we had a savings jar.

I tried to fill it but everytime I went there it was empty...
by Dog_ger2
Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2016/2017

Few guys i know are saying they are going to get around a VPN between here and NZ to watch it and broadcast it that way. No idea how they are going to

i just told everyone i would facebook live it for friends . And for spud games they can all pay me 20 each for the game ;)
by Bully
Tue May 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Anyone else teetering on the edge of a colossal close-to-the-end-of-the-year blow up?

People are boiling my piss in an instant today. Clueless customers asking the stupidest ******* questions all ******* day, I tell you....I ******* tell you!

How long 'til I'm on ******* holidays then?

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder972/59963972.jpg

If there is anything we can do to push you over that edge, just yell out won't ya ;)

poking fun at Port Adelaide seems to be doing a good job at prodding him in the right direction.......

It's more the idiots I have to deal with at work as opposed to the ones on here I choose to deal with. ;)
by Booney
Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Sitting on the couch yesterday started to watch the cricket (1st ball) when a mate rings and says he has found some cheap tickets online to watch Roger play. We jumped in the car and drove the hour and a half to the airport, booking flights on the way to get the 4pm plane to Melbourne.
Was amazing being there and so glad I went. Managed to get close enough to eyeball the goat afterwards on one of his walks.
Went to the Crown about 3am and won $350 in 1 punt ($10 on #18 on first roulette table I saw), put in pocket and caught taxi to airport to get the 6.00am flight (plus half hours sleep on the window sill) to get to work by 9am.
Crazy day, but well worth it!
by Mythical Creature
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angle Vale wanted to enter our comp to “have what we have” with country football’s family event atmosphere opposed to SAAFL. They will never achieve this without netball, and unfortunately are currently diminishing the experience for those 7 clubs who do.

Nothing against AV for wanting in, why wouldn’t you, but unfortunately these issues which where foreseen before AV were allowed in (netball, junior numbers etc etc) were dismissed at the time. No good complaining now, those 4 clubs that voted them in have to put up with it, as do the clubs who weren’t up for it on the first place.
by Ace of Spades
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:And since everyone has some cash built up now, whack it all on Iconclism Race 9 at Flemington. Can get $3 by using your power play. :D

:D
by Mythical Creature
Sat May 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 第9轮

amber_fluid wrote:
carey wrote:Crowd Bronx cheers an Adelaide free kick.

Adelaide lead the free kick count lol :lol:

They shouldn’t breed mate!

EFA
by Corona Man
Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

gotta give it to handsprog, its been a great innings
by stampy
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |