Search found 38 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

Can umpires ever please? Miss free kicks they get slammed, pay too many free kicks they get slammed... Its loose loose situation.

With regards to 50m penalties a stricter interpretation of the rule is always going to increase the number given in a game....[/quote]

The GSFL and SFL have the same umpiring panel,

If the umpires just called the obvious and let the game go (as they do in finals) every one would be happy .
by shoe boy
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey, Local GSFL man.
There was once a man that turned water into wine,
now we have the Creek turning Wine into Footballers.
by mutton cove
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Liddle to Yank, along with Milera Brothers
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

damian:
Compass points 2020 were 9 but had to play 2 colts at minus 1 point each to bring it back.
2021 should still be nine, applied concession and are now 11.
Went out and recruited 2 x 3point players & 1x 4 point player. = 10 points.
Carried over 4 points, Mott 2 and Haniford now 1? so now 13 points.
And again are having to play 2 colts to get them back to 11.
Flouting the rules.

Recruit first, apply for a concession second.

Giving all other Clubs one point off a player/one bonus point (however you want to look at it) is not acceptable. As far as I can see, there is only 1-2 other Clubs that this might benefit.

Use Victor as an example, they played round one with zero points, round two with six. They aren’t anywhere near their points allocation.

There is some big decisions to be made by the League and Club Presidents in the next few days.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

How impotent is this league and its delegates.
They make decisions at a league level only to have a posse of presidents get together
throw the toys out of the cot and over rule their own delegates and league representatives.

So who’s more pathetic here.
League president
League secretary
League delegates
Club presidents or the score board kid

I’d trust the score board kid before any of the above tools. Giving other clubs an extra point coming into round 1 is laughable, they all had their recruiting done and dusted months earlier using their allocated points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by grasshopper22
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don’t get why they have not lost the points already? You don’t need meetings, it’s clearly been breached. This is an incredibly poor look from an outsider looking in.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has been brought to my attention and also mentioned above that Compass have done it again. They played a player who is a long term A grade footballer at Port Noarlunga as a 0 Pointer. I am not all over the points system to be honest but have been told he didn’t play in 2020 which is probably why compass thought they could play him as a 0’pointer but my understand is 2020 games didn’t count and you need to look at 2018 and 2019 which definitely makes him a 3 pointer.

Now even if we counted 2020 he would still be a 1 pointer which puts compass over yesterday. My mate who informed me of this issue tells me that last year or the year before in the Ammos a team stuffed up their points allocation and they had the game resulted win plus the points scored in the game wiped from before the week ended.

My question is why didn’t this happen after round 1 whether it was an innocent mistake with Skrypek or not and surely now having done it again, it happens on the result from yesterday
by Luke15
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is apparent that Compass have no respect for there leagues membership partners and even and even less respect for the leagues volunteer administrators. This must not be tolerated.

And what i am hearing is: League have admitted they should have picked up on this and are reverting Tom Dix back to a 3 pointer, BUT because the league didn't pick up in the first place they are saying it is not Compass' fault and not taking the result off of them.........

What i dont get is? Even if the League didnt pick up on it, you cannot tell me that Compass and their A grade coach who has been doing it for a long time does not know the rules???

It is total disrespect for the Comp and everyone in it.

And Finally which shows exactly what compass are like, i am hearing they feel "hard done by" and want to take it further to get it reversed :shock:

You cannot be serious if true
by Luke15
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is apparent that Compass have no respect for there leagues membership partners and even and even less respect for the leagues volunteer administrators. This must not be tolerated.

And what i am hearing is: League have admitted they should have picked up on this and are reverting Tom Dix back to a 3 pointer, BUT because the league didn't pick up in the first place they are saying it is not Compass' fault and not taking the result off of them.........

What i dont get is? Even if the League didnt pick up on it, you cannot tell me that Compass and their A grade coach who has been doing it for a long time does not know the rules???

It is total disrespect for the Comp and everyone in it.

And Finally which shows exactly what compass are like, i am hearing they feel "hard done by" and want to take it further to get it reversed :shock:

You cannot be serious if true

WTF??

Rd 1: Johnson 4, Grove 3, Skrypek 2, Mott 2, Haniford 1, Hooper -1 = 11/11 (Haniford given 1 point reduction but Skrypek SB 3 not 2 so still over)
Rd 2: Johnson 4, Grove 3, Skrypek 3, Mott 2, Haniford 2, Hooper -1, Nash -1 = 12/11
Rd 3: Johnson 4, Grove 3, Skrypek 3, Mott 2, Hooper -1 = 11/11 (Haniford in Bs, Dix plays at 0 SB 3 so still over)

If this is correct they haven't got it right yet this year but no penaties?
by field of dreams
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Compass administrators & coaches are all seasoned personal.
So let's cut to the chase, if you are found to have 19 players on the ground you loose your score, if you play an unregistered player or go over your points allocation you forfeit the game.
by mutton cove
Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone tell me who the galahs are that commentate on that gsfl YouTube

They are terrible. They don’t know many names of the player except for enc bay game
then they get the wrong players names
A guy kicks for goal the number clearly on his back and they call someone else

The ball goes up, there’s a hand ball, the ball goes up someone kicks it the ball goes up..... on and on and on

They are bloody terrible

Who are they????
by The eclipse fan
Sun May 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL are aware of the situation but yet to intervene. Are they pretending they don’t know anything about it or just as weak as the GSFL Execs?[/quote]

Or maybe it's been looked into and they've ruled that it's ok. As ballbreaker said someone show some facts and not just salty keyboarders.[/quote]

The facts are;

Mount Compass have been allocated 11 points for 2021.

Round One: Mount Compass played with 13 points.
Round Two: Mount Compass played with 12 points.
Round Three: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Tom Dix played as a zero point player (should be a three pointer).
Round Four: No issue.
Round Five: No issue.
Round Six: Mount Compass played with 11 points, however Sam Haniford played as a one point player (should be a two pointer).

These are FACTS.

Now, we want to see FACTS from the GSFL or SANFL that says they have either approved Mount Compass to breach the Player Points Allocation or are going to be sanctioning the Club. They are keeping opposition Clubs and members in the dark and bringing the League into disrepute.

For me, the PPA is black and white. You cannot change a players points value. The League can increase a Clubs points allocation, but when Mount Compass have been made six consecutive finals series, to increase their points allocation would ludicrous.

Haniford has played senior football for North Adelaide, Tom Dix won a Mail Medal in 2017 - we’re not talking about fringe A Graders here either.

So, tell everyone what the ruling is or that it is still being investigated.[/quote][/quote]

^^^Great post . Could not agree more. GSFL need to grow a pair of balls do their job and make a long over due statement on this serious issue that wont go away and if what they have done is not legal within the rules then appeals need to be lodged with CFL or Sanfl and Mt compass club need to be held accountable once and for all.

If the above facts are correct, It would appear they have breached rules and cheated in 4 of the first 6 games. If guilty they need to be severly punished, stripped of premiership points and fined. If that is incorrect then GSFL needs to put this one to bed well before the finals series. The other 9 clubs are doing the right thing and deserve an answer once and for all from these absolute muppets at gsfl who have let it go on for way too long.
by oldbomber
Sun May 16, 2021 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Suffered through another YouTube game this morning
Yep I see what you guys mean about nifty, apart from the obvious bias towards Encounter bay,
by all 3 he’s the only one that knows what’s going on.

Maybe someone needs to call the other commentator (Curran) about the compass issue. According to him it’s
All been finalised and is above board.

No wonder the league is all over place if he’s the secretary still.
Can barely string a complete sentence together on the commentary.

Curran is ten years past his used by date.

10 is very generous
by mots02
Tue May 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

A big cheers to the smosh lads who were out in numbers and really supported the kilburn club. Our bbq and canteen had a huge day with 7.5kg of pork sold on our pork and gravy rolls 7kg steaks got smashed. Just over 7kg of bacon well over 100 eggs plenty of snags.
On field smosh were just way to good in both grades but the game was played in good spirit and some of the best umpiring I have seen all year. Good luck to smosh for the season. There supporters are vocal and really do a good job getting behind there lads.
by Browny007
Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good perspective Damo.
I don’t have a problem with the Mclaren situation (if in fact they did get extra points). I think Victor (and probably others) has applied for extra previously but got knocked back.

I’m sure there are more facts to the Compass scenarios that we haven’t been enlightened with but until that happens (and as time passes it’s seems it won’t) there will be a big asterisk over Compass’s whole season.

by field of dreams
Sun May 23, 2021 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantastic last quarter at victor yesterday. With Strath 21 points up at the final change and victor having lost full back Brook in the first minutes of the game, Sam Basham late in the 3rd it looked all over. But victor quickly drew level before strath drew ahead again. Victor came back again, tied it up then hit the lead by a point. Clamp marked late for strath, siren sounds and he held his nerve to win the game by 5 points. Every footballers dream (or nightmare lol)

by field of dreams
Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tell me, can anyone else view Player Points on the GSFL SportingPulse? It seems it has been taken down as an option. What are they trying to hide.

Boycotting the association match I think would be a great start by Clubs & their players until answers are given.

I can see them.

So does no one in the league know why the MC adjustments were allowed by the executive? Surely you just come out and advise everyone and then at least the rumours end.
Dix has been approved as a zero pointer because of 8.8.2.3. If a player has not played football at any level for 24 months or more before registering as a player he will automatically have a Player Points Rating of zero (0) .And Compass are claiming they would not have played him until that expired had the league not allocated him zero already :roll: HOWEVER- THIS IS IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO 9.6.5. For any player transferring clubs in season 2021 or 2022 the following will apply: 9.6.5.1. For season 2021 a players point rating shall be determined by the balance of matches played in the 2018 and 2019 seasons. 9.6.5.2. For season 2022 a players point rating shall be determined by the balance of matches played in the 2019 and 2021 seasons.

Plus Dix played in 2019 so it hasn’t been 24 months regardless of including 2020 or not.

Also all other area's of the points allocation, are considered at the start of any season, not part way through. An example of this is the 25 games rule. The player doesn't lose a point the moment they play their 25th game, but must wait until the following season where essentially they lose 2 points at the start of it for achieving the milestone

As for Hanniford, they have simply reinstated their original ruling and supposedly given every club the opportunity to take 1 extra point off any of their pointed players as the committee ruled that club presidents had no jurisdiction to over rule the league on this matter :shock: :?

Joke. Between Compass and the Executive they've made a total farce of every situation - Haniford, Skrypek and Dix and I guess they figure its better to be big brother than admit wrongdoings.

Mount Compass *
by field of dreams
Mon May 24, 2021 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently a delegates meeting next week so I’m told.

Compass to lose points and get fined for 2 breaches. They think they are smart but there’s a very solid bit of info that has brought them undone

Do they send the puppet to the meeting or is our favourite family first man gutsy enough to get out from behind the strings??
Care to share the "Solid bit of info" ?

Better let the clubs bring it to a head first, don’t want puppet master and his gsfl mates concocting a story between now and then
by Turfie
Wed May 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting, Compass didn't support association football and the GSFL last year yet here they are. Wonder what they they will do this year.
by mutton cove
Wed May 26, 2021 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spare a thought for the 9 clubs who's coaches and football managers who spent the off season working to retain and recruit players players within the new salary cap and allocated points only to find out the goal posts got shifted just before the first bounce.
by mutton cove
Fri May 28, 2021 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The GSFL executive team have proven themselves in this instance, completely incompetent with these decisions. Not only have they spat the dummy and behaved like spoilt brats by not looking at evidence contradictory to the half baked excuses they were given in the first instances with regard to the Compass situation, they have refused to admit mistakes when the storyline is completely and clearly shown to be incorrect.

Also the fact that some of these decision have been made on a Friday night, without informing all other clubs (especially those who were playing against Compass the next day) of the outcomes of the poorly considered decision making, shows a complete disregard for the other clubs and the Rules by which the are supposed to apply.

FACT 1 - Leagues have no means to reduce player points allocations other then schooling or educational reasons which is yet to be used outside of Old collegian clubs. They can only allocate additional points per club THIS HASNT HAPPENED. And the "living locally" reason by which this reduction was given does not exist.
FACT 2 - The GSFL exec has no jurisdiction to change any result, based on a perceived fairness or equality reasoning which they did by altering a drawn match between Compass and Encounter Bay in 2020, giving Compass a loss but still handing EB a draw, the result of which was Compass points allocation went from 9 to 11 for the 2021 season
FACT 3 - Thomas Dix is a 3 point player even using Compass own reasoning. Last game played before his first game in 2021 was only 22 months previous to that game, the rule they have supplied to argue this states 24 months, by which they are saying was the leagues mistake. However the rules associated with points allocation clearly state multiple times, that the club is responsible for proper and appropriate allocation of points and penalties will apply for incorrect allocation. Further more This is actually ignoring the proper way to adjudicate this rule which is clearly a seasonal rule, as is every other points rule in the Community Football Boards Rules and regulations. As posted before he played 18 league games in 2018 and 5 (officially) 4 (unoffically) in 2019 seasons for which the adjusted COVID points allocation is to be applied for any NEW PLAYER to a club for season 2021

That's an extra 6 points for a club that has finished top 3 most years since 2016.
by Cheap Seats
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^^I dont beleive its incompetence any more now the GSFL has made a statement. For me the fact they dont explain how a 3 pt player is a zero reeks of absolute corruption. It has been stated in numerous posts as per the rules clubs are responsible for player points allocations and leagues do not have authority to change a players points allocation. The fact this has happened shows a clear breach by the league who to me is ultimately responsible for this cluster f#@% 100%.
I am satisfied mt. Compass have no case to answer at this stage however i dont think their team is playing within the rules of the game and should be punished after the GSFL is and needs to be investigated by the SANFL or CFL whoever it is and over ruled as they are blatantly disreguarding black and white rules to give one club an unfair advantage. It is so black and white its not so much incompetence but it must be corruption. They GSFL had their chance to explain and didnt! Says it all for me
by oldbomber
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The news gets even better for Mount Compass supporters tonight as we believe that paperwork has been lodged for Jason Porplyzia to join the Bulldogs.
Jason played 130 games for Adelaide and kicked 181.
The Porpoise would be reunited with former Crows teammate Lewis Johnston and strengthen the Dogs already solid Premiership chances.
*Our understanding is Porplyzia would be a 0pt player.
Confirmation of this signing as soon as it comes to hand.
Jason Played league footy for West Adelaide 11 times in 2018, so don't be fooled by this 24 month rubbish that appears to being used.
If he is transferred as a zero pointer, then someone actually does not know what they are doing and clearly has not read through the rules in their entirety. This is exactly why Dix cannot be 0 points- Rules as follows:

Due to the abandonment of season 2020 by many Leagues impacted by COVID19 the following shall apply:
9.6.1. For season 2021 any club who actively participated in the 2020 season
will receive the usual -1 point discount for any player retained who was
also retained from the 2019 season to the 2020 season.
9.6.2. For season 2021 any player who transferred to a club prior to April 1st
2020 will receive the usual -1 point discount if they are retained for the
2021 season.
9.6.3. For season 2021 any player that played on a COVID-19 permit or
transferred clubs from April 1st, 2020 will retain their season 2020 player
rating and will not receive any additional discount.
9.6.4. For season 2021 any player from an abandoned club or league who did
not participate in season 2020 will retain their 2020, point rating for the
2021 season.
9.6.5. For any player transferring clubs in season 2021 or 2022 the following will
apply:
9.6.5.1. For season 2021 a players point rating shall be determined by the
balance of matches played in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
9.6.5.2. For season 2022 a players point rating shall be determined by the
balance of matches played in the 2019 and 2021 seasons.

SANFL reps released a statement before season starting stating 24 month rule still applies to be eligible for 0 points, meaning if a player played in 2018 and did not play in 2019 and 2020 he would be automatically 0 points. Based on this Porplyzia is 0. This is from SANFL not GSFL
If that's the case the Porplyzia could be zero, but I don't know about that correspondence , but still does not explain the Dix decision who played in both 2018 and 2019

Dix last game in 2019 was in May from memory. Had he waited until end May / start June 2021 to play he would’ve also been 0 as he hadn’t played for 24 months.. However he played before this time and based on the APPS rules should’ve been allocated points. I struggle to understand how league officials in any league can override a players points, this opens up a can of worms. The APPS rules are pretty clear to understand and I can’t believe the SANFL would allow this to happen.
by watchdog
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL have been just as weak as the GSFL through all of this.

I'm pretty sure the SANFL are content to sit back and watch the GSFL self destruct so that they can parachute in one of their regional football operations coordinators to clean up the mess.

This is the moment they've been waiting for.
by Grape Ape
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do not bother to read the rules, as it appears to me that the President is the sole interpreter of the rules.
Due to the GSFL copping it massively mainly on facebook at the moment with all this and to make this whole situation even more laughable a mate told me players have been warned to watch what they say online as the league is trying to rapidly implement a use of social media bylaw that would potentially have people who post innapropriate comments or ones that show the GSFL leaders true colours with facts sent straight to the tribuneral. Lol

Club delegates need to remind theGSFL they are supposed to represent all of the clubs and have a duty to do so fairly with respect to the rules set by the SANFL and CFL. They have not done this and now need to be held accountable as they think they are bullet proof and can just break the rules to suit one club whenever they feel like it. Its time for club heirachy to go over the head of GSFL and demand a thorough investigation by the SANFL that gets to the bottom of this situation once and for all where results are made public and those responsible within GSFL are releived of their duties due to what appears to be an abuse of power. As they chose not to explain the Dix situation in oarticular there is more than enough facts and evidence to make a few personnel changes and get this ladder corrected with premiership points deducted in time for finals to still give Mt Compass a chance to legitimately contend for the premiership this year.
by oldbomber
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't normally like to comment on other league pages, and I won't make any comment on any of the other bizarre decisions in the Mount Compass saga, but I am so bewildered by the situation with Thomas Dix that I just had to put in my 2 cents worth !!
Thomas Dix is clearly shown in the records as having last played in Southern Football League on 18th May 2019. No matter what method you use to determine the "24 month" rule (elapsed time or full seasons), there is NO WAY 24 months had elapsed before he was registered to play at Mount Compass - given that he played for them on 24th April 2021.
It is simple maths, no interpretation required if you read the rules.
There is therefore no possible way that Thomas Dix could be a 0 point player. If the club allocated him as 0 points, they were in error under the rules, and if the League approved that allocation they are also clearly in error.

No surprise that there has been no explanation or justification at all for this one ... there could not possibly be one !
by Dazza44
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing drama filled finish to the Creek / Willunga clash today with the match looking all but over in the last term before the reigning Premiers stormed home with the last 5 goals of the match to hit the front by a point courtesy of a miraculous snap from the boundary by Howell which brought a rapturous response from the Hawks Premiership reunion tent.
In the middle of the 5 goal onslaught there was a 5 minute hold up in play as Willungas Fenton was stretchered from the ground with a rumored broken leg .
Willunga then responded with a behind which leveled the scores.
In a desperate last few minutes neither team were able to score as the siren sounded.
There was confusion among supporters and some players as the scoreboard showed the Creeks winners by a point.
The scoreboard was out by a point most of the last term and for the most part had little consequence until the last few minutes
Goal umpires quickly confirmed the draw as both teams contemplated what could have been.
by jackpot jim
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More facts : So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts : McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does that help even the comp? Absolutely!
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows)
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Posted these???

Mate you are FN obsessed go back and look at your posts mental health is a big thing these days

Are you ok ???

Perhaps go back and look at your own posts. So far you’ve failed to say anything intelligent or interesting and continue to step very close to the line on forum posting rules. Quite the opposite to CS.

Keep up the informative posts Cheap Seats. It’s plainly obvious the executive and compass just want it all to go away.

by field of dreams
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R .Kelly Myponga 1 point ???
D.Travena Myponga 1 point ???.... minus 1 on both players
17 allocated points, when it should be 15 ????
Any of you brain surgeons like to explain this one or are we just going to have different rules for different clubs

Kelly/Trevena.... Maybe they live in the Myponga/Sellicks district?

As you say, there shouldn’t be different rules for different clubs. Compass opened that hornets nest!

By my calculations, Yank have 18 points but should have 15, Myponga have 17 but should have 15, McLaren have 11 but should have 9.
That’s excluding the EB/MC draw last year, which if included means both of them would have 2 less points also.
Pongy also had an extra 2 last year.
Only guessing, but Yank, Pongy and Mclaren probably requested and were granted more points BEFORE the season started. How McLaren were granted extra is beyond me given their last 3 years.

Now instead of deflecting how about you do some explaining and answer Damian’s question....?

Luv a Kick, are you able to explain why Tom Dix has been approved as a zero point player?

by field of dreams
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"I was told that McLaren tried to put James Mathews on the team sheet. They couldn’t put him on using SportingPulse as he is still registered with the Crows Reserves team.

They tried to get the clearance rushed through or see if they can get it done later. At this stage they’re unsure on that so they hand write his name on team sheet and exchange with Pongy.

Mathews sits on the bench for most of the first quarter then I guess theyre told they can't play him so they grab Mutton from the crowd, warm him up and submit a new team sheet.

I’m not saying this is 100% factual, this is just what I’ve been told at this stage."

This seems really odd, and not at all what I was told.
If you are correct, this is a clear attempt to have a 22nd player represent. Why would anyone think this is allowed under any ruling? Almost too crazy, and I wonder how accurate? That would be as obvious loss of points as you could get.

Not an attempt to play with 22 players, an attempt to play an unregistered player and have his clearance completed post match.

James Mathews is clearly a McLaren player, I don’t understand why a player in his position (on an sanfl list) can’t be registered at both Clubs and not require a clearance every time he is omitted or called up by the Crows reserves.

That’s an argument for another day, but all should know you can’t swap players after the game has begun, change team sheets or play an unregistered player.
What I meant by 22nd player, is more accurately described by "swapping a player out once a game has begun." I agree with your comments about the Players being able to freely go between their "Junior/Local" club and the SANFL also, especially those on top up lists such as the Crows and Port.
I think the SANFL changed that rule to reduce the expected exodus from their reserves System when COVID hit, the payment cap being reduced by half and to make it harder for players to leave SANFL on their own terms.
by Cheap Seats
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

I'm sorry but the very clear and non anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise.

They won an undefeated reserves flag and got relegated from the same division for **** sake

Anyone that watches them can see there are many players more than capable of playing As strolling around in the 12:15 game. There's often good reasons for that - APPS, work, other commitments etc, but year on year on year on year?

Puhlease
by morell
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jackpot Jim.
Bit late now to be worrying fair competition.
by mutton cove
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Willunga take the Minor Premiership by % from Langhorne Creek as they overcame a 25 point half time deficit to win by 8 points at Willunga.
Creeks outplayed Willunga in the 1st half and their lead at half time should have been much greater than 25 points, having butchered several golden opportunities in the 2nd term. Willunga dominated the 2nd half as the Creeks battled to maintain their lead but scoring opportunities dried up as Willunga surged to a narrow lead and clung on and in doing so have no doubt assumed Premiership favoritism.
Creek will face Mt Compass in the Qualifying whilst McLaren will attempt to repeat their authoritative win over Strath today again next week in the Elimination Final.
by jackpot jim
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Channel 7 saying the RMFL have banned the bloke who recorded it from attending games.

That's pretty ******, in my opinion.

Especially considering they likely used that very footage to dole out the suspension to the Meningie bloke.

Not really, it stops unlicensed parasites trying to make money for free off the leagues.

I think you'll find a lot of leagues have something similar in place nowadays.

Very similar to the permits given by the AFL to be able to write anything about the AFL. It's all about protecting the brand.

So are leagues going to ask for the crowds to leave their phones at the gate? :roll:
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry 3 not 4 -Angus Weir has actually been there all year. The others might just be permit players.
Ethan Moore (at port) former yank b&f, has played a couple games this year now
Luke Arandt
Dylan Collis.

All were in the best against Goolwa

by field of dreams
Sun May 22, 2022 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 11 saw 2 upsets which sees who plays McLaren in the Grand Final still a 6 horse race.

Strath had a crucial upset win against Willunga to maintain their 5th spot whilst the Demons drop to 3rd from 2nd.

Victor scored a regulation win over winless Goo/PE tho not picking up important % which could be crucial deciding 5th spot come Rd 18. The Magpies in recent weeks have become a lot more competitive which gives them hope of scoring a win before the seasons ending.

McLaren had a raining session over Yank

The Mudlarks have continued their meteoric rise by jumping into 2nd spot after pretty much snuffing out any hope Compass had of playing Finals in a low scoring contest.

Langhorne Creek overcame last weeks disappointing 1 goal loss to Victor to inflict a staggering 153 point turnaround from their Rd 2 clash with E Bay. :shock: Thrashed by 99 points by the Bays in Rd 2, the Hawks were rank underdogs against the Bays but the Hawks didn't give them a sniff of the ball as they stifled the Bays with relentless pressure from start to finish to hand the Bays a big wake up call whilst keeping their finals chances alive with a massive Derby match against Strath coming up next week.
by jackpot jim
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

field of dreams wrote:How many points would those 4 be?
5+3+3+3?

Using Mt Compass math, that would be a total of 3
by wenchbarwer
Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see air fares have come down substantially since last season.
I dont think Ahmat Watkins is playing this year. I cant understand how Myponga have managed to escape sanction, especially given Jervois were for the EXACT thing. Major sponsorship has its perks??

Think you’ll find they called the league prior to every game Ahmat Watkins played to make sure everything was above board. Not sure where the loophole was but its behind them now, so clear up your tears and move on.
The loophole is obvious, just no one is willing to admit it. Pump enough Cash into the SANFL and they look the other way in spite of their own Black and white rules. Why have them if the don't administer them equally, fairly, and let all clubs know if there are exceptions made?

Amazing how ignorant and misinformed people are who speculate this stuff. Very different scenario to Jervois. I know a couple of people close to it with the difference being the player did not personally benefit ie, the club didn't pay the Darwin lad to then get his own flights like Jervois. Club paid flights and cleared with SANFL auditors prior to season. Throwing crap at hard working local business owners pretty low. Local company supports local footy and you want to throw crap at them.
Every club has the opportunity to speak with the auditors to clarify any rules and their application. More clubs should do it. Kudos to Myponga I say.
by inthestands
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |