Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

If I had half a brain I'd be dangerous at times.

Mitcham have formally agreed to remain in Division 3 and the Lodge have rightfully used their option not to be promoted and therefore will stay in division 4

This is BS! If Brahma Lodge buy premierships than serves them right when the paid players jump ship. Paying big dollars for recruits only to have them leave a year or two later for more money elsewhere is not how you build a strong club culture. They should have to serve their time in div 3 and deal with it. If they get smashed every week then the people running the club only have themselves to blame!
Disappointed to hear the Amatuer league have allowed this.
by Footy Follower
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.

"Battler"!?

Are you kidding, they are the opposite to this, they tried to get rich quick and it bit them in the arse.
by Jetters
Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.
By "faith" you mean "money", right?

No compassion from me. We lost a Grand Final to them by 100pts two years ago. No one from Brahma Lodge was crying to the league that day. I'm sorry, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

They should have been made to stay in Div 4 as per the rules and taken on the chin whatever came their way
by S Demon
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

bubba love wrote:I think your friend needs to get a life FC, let the boys play

But behave like feral animals in a confined space such as an aeroplane?

Have a bit of respect to others :shock:
by heater31
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

surely there is a level of respect you show to the people around you??? You can still have an awesome time without being an idiot...
by woodublieve12
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My take on footytrips is that you'll always get some form of chaotic behaviour.
An outsider or fellow trip enjoyer will get offended by behaviour and unfortunately its just the luck of the draw with these things. I think acting up on a plane probably says a lot more about the person(s) than the club itself.

I think its always important to consider that these are mostly young men and it's always easy to cast aspersions and judge when we are on the outside looking in.

I was recently holidaying with a footy trip and the behaviour I witnessed was typical 'wanker' behaviour that I commented on as I thought it was inapproriate around kids, but at the end of the day I had to make the call to remove the kids as I had no control over the players. I think thats important to remember also.....If ya not happy with others behaviour, remove yourself from the situation or ignore it (even if that is an inconvenience for you)

If it had of been the flip side and I was on the footy trip...I would have found the behaviour completey fine and joined in with the festivities!

I would never base my opinion on a footy shirt...ONly the player wearing it
by superboot7
Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |