But that will only harm your chances of having your C GRADE SUPER LEAGUE! :D

mmm aint those words so good to read

C GRADE SUPER LEAGUE!!! :D
by marbles
Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

A grade to wear slacks to the games Separate to the overall discussion, who the **** bought this stupid palaver in? Brahma Lodge were the first to do it in the "lower" grades I think. I remember laughing my head off when I saw them.

One of the worst club rules I have ever heard of. Whoever thunk it is clearly a tradey or outside worker who doesn't have to work in slacks day in day out, let alone putting your trousers in a sweaty, dirty, prone to random acts of water football bag.

Tidy jeans are fine.

how about all players to arrive to game dressed as lions?

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/CostumeSupercenter/R882505?$mediumlarge$
by marbles
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wouldnt a long term mitchell park lion who disagrees with the concept of paying footballers have no concept as to why etiquette and attire is expected when your receiving cash to represent the guernsey

its a little bit of a default response yerr
by marbles
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes Laughing Kookaburra in hindsight maybe not the best way i explained that i don't think as coach you are required to attend every functions the club organises. But was meaning senior and Junior club functions i would not have time to work full time if i attended all of them, they would need to pay me more for the work i miss out on, need to work to live and keep the wife happy and the house with all the kids running around in it. Plus we did not pay any players at Angle Vale and i coached for a very minimal fee as i knew it was a new club with not opportunity to generate income with out major sponsors and home oval when i first went there. I always sponsored back in services or equipment what i was being paid.

With club functions there is time in everyones calendar that certain functions are gunna clash with footy club and non footy club, I think it is big to say that Coach should be at every function and never miss one, because other things are planned and organise. Players miss functions due to other committments so why cant a coach.

This whole lil debt started due to on person who stating i organised a function for players when the club had a function which i did state early a Group of players organised a night out for tea with player and wives and partners on a night nothing was on, but the club changed there function 3 times and told players it on Tuesday night before the Saturday, and as we all know footy takes up alot of time for everyone and the wives and partners did not want to change the night that had been organised. Things clash all the time everyone has busy life with footy and non footy.

Hope this clarfies it all up

geeze the bloke took the club to its first grand final and scored promotion like no other coach before at the club has, but geeze he didnt wear black slacks and failed to attend the local fairy floss party - just not good enough BP
by marbles
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

could we gather confirmation as to which premiership teams this season wore black slacks and which one didnt? from div 1 right down to div 7...
by marbles
Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dont eat meat night before game
by marbles
Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive seen first hand how hard the off field folk work for the Mitchell Park FC - Its people like Ken and the Weekleys that I really feel for here and you know that this isn't a matter of how the club is run but just simply a lack of commitment from those on -field.

Congratulations on the juniors Yank Man and hopefully whatever woes you have player wise this year can be made up for in years to come.

Cheers FC, you are my favourite football lady. :D And as our old mate marbles said, we're just in recess atm. ;)

a few years back i saw Weed (Wayne) conducting shopping centre marketing campaigns at West Lakes shopping centre. It was like a marketing ploy to sign up new players to the juniors. so lets say your walking down the malls, a wooody south cat volunteer would approach you and try to get you to sign up to bring your kid to play footy at the cats. since then their juniors have been booming i believe

what im leading to is to suggest a similiar campaign for mitchell park. i dont know the costs involved but could the mitchell park boys set up a desk at Marion shopping centre and any young men that come near could be approached and asked if theyd like to come play footy at the den!!!!

i mean the clubs not willing to pay anyone for their on field football talents & expertise (sadly), but in these dire straits surely theres a little bit of money available to spend on brochures or flyers to tickle the taste buds of potential recruits in the area. i mean if 500 brochures get handed out, and youve gained 20 new players from it, surely the campaign will pay for itself. food for thought. alot of young men go through marion shopping centre everyday, chuck a line out, im sure youll get a few bites
by marbles
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

well ya cant go thru a season without using at least 30 men

lets hope the chics can smash it out and rise to the challenge to even make the finals from such adversity
by marbles
Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Henley are the dark horse in this comp,there a grade have recruited very well plus some coming back from injury,which means 10-12 players coming into the side from above.
What about the 18 that have cleared out? They all from D Grade?

:shock: did u not read the rules before signing up to the forum nichdanmatt?

"posting any praise or confidence towards henley will not be tolerated" haha
by marbles
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

my kid wanted to play for morphett vale, if they were full he would hav gone to hackham simple

when i played under 15s i tried out for seaton rams, they kicked me out, so i went woody south. in round 1 i kicked 4 goals on the rams hahar :)

4 senior teams per club, and 2 teams maximum per age group in the juniors. done.
by marbles
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its round 1 of the finals this week!!! heres the big matches...

1st semi: TTG black vs TTG white @ TTG

2nd semi: TTG red vs TTG yellow @ TTG

who will take victory and take on the almighty TTG aqua next week for a spot in the grand final???

:D
by marbles
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so there is hope for mitchell park, angle vale, flinders uni to survive? or unless they inject some revenue into some cattle, are their days inevitably numbered?

also i think its crap that a powerhouse club like flinders park get to just randomly drop their cgrade, they should be made to fight it out and endure the sludge at the bottom of the ladder.

kilburn too, they dug the hole their in, make em stay in div 3 and a bye in reserves. no matter what happens theyre set for relegation to div 4 next year and if they cant keep the club alive by summer 2015, withdraw the affiliation totally and bring 3 clubs up to div 4 next year
by marbles
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bit harsh DO IT DO IT

theyre a club who done the crime then did the time and lost the privelage of playing finals

their season will be on thin ice, so if theyre out of line theyll sure feel the heavy consequences but no need to slash up a club who im sure are trying 10 fold to do the right thing now
by marbles
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Grand Finalists and spoon comp

DIV 1
Goodwood v TTG
Spoon Portland

DIV2
PAOC v Broadview
Spoon Gepps Cross

DIV 3
Seaton v Modbury
Spoon Kilburn

DIV 4
Eastern Park V Salisbury West
SPOON - Pulteney

DIV 5
Elizabeth V North Haven
Spoon Brahma Lodge

DIV 6
Rosewater v Mawson Lakes
Spoon Mitchell Park

DIV 7
Houghton v Adelaide Uni
Spoon: Wingfield

DIV 8
TTG V PAOC
SPOON - North Haven
by marbles
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

smosh vs kilburn this saturday div 7 done

unley div 3 - bye this week

done zzzzz
by marbles
Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

nothing in it, rough play sure but just genuine footy stuff

but anything malice seems like will simply not be tolerated and you'll be straight off red card, and considering how the league was tarnished last season this is understandable

this is fine, the player got put in naughty corner and wont do it again which is a good lesson, BUT a red card means tribunal yeah??
by marbles
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I've heard the league officially offered Kilburn the chance to move to Div 7 yesterday, but was politely declined by the club.

Good to see they are not giving up and taking the easy option.

30th vs 80th huh
by marbles
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the point is with Flinders Park is regardless of who you have from last years C or D grade side, the fact remains you have been able to drop a side and remain in the lowest grade.

At least should've played in Div 7 and if you copped floggings so be it.

No club should be given a cheap C or D grade flag when dropping down a grade just before the season starts. Think the SAAFL have messed up here and rewarding Flinders Park C grade with a flag. Ordinary stuff from both parties. I sincerely hope another club is rewarded with the Div 7R premiership
Wow giving out flags in April mate!!
Flags arent rewarded they are earned, you should know that.
I would think there are quite a few clubs in front of Flinders Park this year.
Henley, Smithfield, Adel Uni, SHOC's.
I would think we will be happy just to make the 5. As Q said we are no where near the same team.

its a tongue in cheek comment, but also could prevail....

2013 GF = Henley D's vs Flinders Park D's

2014 GF = Henley D's vs Flinders Park C's ?? :D

if us sharks win that whats next? chuck ya b-grade against us :D
by marbles
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no matter where smithees finishes this season what would make me proud more than anything, would be a construction of goal height nets at the southern end of the ground preventing the ball rolling down into shit creek everytime someone kicks a goal :)
by marbles
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Look Good In Leather wrote:Extraordinary meeting to be called to vote Kilburn out

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 6884942368

send them to the SFL, thrashings are acceptable there
by marbles
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

with the massive easter camp the mitchell park boys are having, including military & commando training, extended beach runs and simply a 4 day smash

i dare say look out div 6 cos the lions will be set to roar as the assumptions of their form will be no more as i can see the mitchell park boys bringing down some huge wins over the coming weeks

expect the unexpected from these lads divvy 6, a red white & green storm is coming
by marbles
Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Image

no worries will do
by marbles
Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gaza on bottom of ladder without a win after 3 matches is awesome carey, get it right mate, stick to the facts ;)
by marbles
Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wingfield Royals Up & About

Saw a club go down by 41 goals yesterday, but i also saw a little tiny club of about 20 blokes face the 3rds side of a div 1 powerhouse club with about 500 players & 5000 supporters

anyways a little bit goes a long way, and those little battlers out at wingfield can use a boost. no website no online social network presence

So for all current members, past players, supporters, family members and friends of the Wingfield Footy Club please LIKE the club's new Facebook Fan page here...
https://www.facebook.com/WingfieldRoyalsFC

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!C!(snbwCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!jgEzrtDqfF0BNCp(yMd-Q~~_35.JPG

You went home with a 41 goal thrashing, but on behalf of the Henley Football Club we also donate this helping hand to further unite your club and bring your community together

Cheers Alex Kinlough
by marbles
Sun May 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Almost Flinders Uni almost :) bad luck boys keep going

The mitchell park score is actually respectable (ie: not a shill-lacking) - the boys on the up at the den? - good stuff lions
by marbles
Sat May 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah played in a game with a score like that once. on playstation :shock:
by marbles
Sat May 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a strict requirements policy yes, must have 2 teams or get the boot yes

but dumping all the div 7 & div 8 c/d grade combinations, splitting them up into c1, c2, c3, c4 & c5 - No

that is an unfair punishment on the 14 or so clubs who continue to successfully run 4 teams without a hitch and are working tirelessly to keep things running well

if the shocs boys are told next year we're only playing cgrade club s a surplus will return in the same way it has for TTG

i bet the smosh boys are loving the fact they get to have a crack at us henley, uni, shocs, modburys in the higher cgrade standard, but probably look upon playing these div 7 agraders with regret

before splitting all our Cs from our Ds, get us away from these agrade clubs please - cos we'll bring ya higher participation rates, and its none of our business or in none of our interests where u dump your excess agrade clubs
by marbles
Sat May 31, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ok so all the former juniors removed, can anyone continue the list (assign points)
ive read that southern league is a category one league? saafl is category 2
why do blokes get a minus 1?
Go back to discussing C grade super league - this is getting boring :lol:

Blokes are -1 if they are juniors under 18 i'm pretty sure.

:D the motto is not C-Grade super league anymore, its...

7 Pure A-Grade Divisions!
no more will a c-grader/d-grader gank your premiership flag
by marbles
Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

glass houses PG rar!! :D

by marbles
Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

havens will smash it in div 9 next year
by marbles
Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

isc12.jpg
by marbles
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Severly unfair on the bgraders who have to play at 9am
by marbles
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is this the fixture?....

div2r
div1r
div 2
div 1

?
by marbles
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Project Reno!!! Triple M begins work on Houghton changerooms!!

If sharks can firstly get to finals, then beat North Pines, look out uni & houghton :)
by marbles
Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so no sign of morrel :)

the vales strike back, interesting score line, are the owls suddenly the real deal?

congrats to the crabs too
by marbles
Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dizzies and uni can still make finals :)
by marbles
Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Houghtons Project Reno!!!
http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/project-reno/

phht how crappy were ya changerooms seats before hand :D
by marbles
Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so next week will be...

smithdens vs Houghton at smithden
smithden vs smosh at smithdens

then..
adelaide uni v north pines at uni
henley v flinders park at uni

?
by marbles
Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maybe fight to establish a...

B-Grade Super League!!!!

for then there will be justice
by marbles
Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

have a crack now, press record on your mobile phone :)
by marbles
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would have to get morell on there to provide his reports on catchments, and other in depth analysis - bit like a weather report on tv.
Marbles can be our special guest to continue carrying on about his stupid SUPER C GRADE comp.

Oh and we can get one of those "Psychic Squids" or what ever to pick the winners each week :lol:

I'll co-host with Morell, we'll make a great team!

But after meeting with Morell, there is no room for Marbles on our show. #toughbreak

well i made the show what it was today - will never be forgotten R.I.P. Marbles :( :toimonster:
by marbles
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

QUICK EVERYONE LOOK AT FOOTY CHICK AND BOW DOWN ^:)^ ^:)^ - She doesn't feel she is getting the attention and respect she apparently thinks she magically deserves, because apparently everything that gets said in some way or another is directly related to her :roll:

:shock:

Yeah...whatever :roll:

nope thats too far PG, off to the sin bin for you and your off the show for the next 10 episodes
by marbles
Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

i believe in Dent
by marbles
Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

just another club 2kms from the next one

my other notion is if Flinders Uni easily get 2 teams, but MP dont, then Flinders Uni would then hold the cards in regards to whether they take the lions in or not, AND flinders uni oval would be home turf cos they hold saviour in the game of thrones lol whereas an assumed merger would see MPs home ground be the home base

am only speculating of course, maybe these 2 would rather die than merge, but i think the league will not allow 1 team clubs anymore??? 55 players says yankman

could we also be seeing edwardstown joining div 7 :)
by marbles
Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

this whole move is surely a grab at ensuring footballers from the high school continue on to SPOSFC, because i gather when they leave high school they are not heading to mawson lakes fc anymore and are being lost

this is is a private school enterprise trying keep a leash on their high school graduates

why do they need to keep a leash on them?

well would the high school be at ease if the sacred heart high school footballers, went to play for henley after graduating?
by marbles
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:theres a few teams that just cant seem to get out of this division promoted or relegated

whos been in div 2 the longest?

So 5 seasons is the max at the moment. Very unstable in that case.

any chance by a SFL participant to have a crack at the SAAFLs promotion/relegation system
by marbles
Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

how many out on the track at mitchell parks morell ???

by marbles
Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Just fill the voids with a couple of c-grade sides now that's the ammos way
by marbles
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

F**k the point system.

Bombers4eva was such a beautiful introduction to the forum not too long ago, he was polite kind and almost delightful at times with admirable sincere and even globally pleasing conversations seeking the best for everyone, but now as the year closes we discover there's much much more to bombers4eva :)
by marbles
Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The last time I asked for a beer at Mitchell park the barman gave me a glass of cola cordial with 2 teaspoons of metho in it complimented with a slice of bread dunked in the cup to give the beer a touch of yeast

Now I don't mind a club selling its home brew to cut costs but jesus the cocktail they're serving down there at the den no wonder u blokes have a hard time finding players
by marbles
Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |