Search found 275 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Far out plenty of coaching gigs out there atm.

Could do worse than deeman and or Yank Man!

inimitable

?????

Only those who have had the privilege to have coached morell, and the excitement of coaching against marbles beloved Henley can understand both of their double dutch comments Cohiba. I think they are a compliment? :D
by Yank Man
Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like it marby!

Maybe all the Henley guys can rock up in boat shoes, their girlfriends denim shirts and a nipple singlet?
by morell
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Cohiba
Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:What about, erm, other more "domestic" activities before a game?

a short sharp fix with the darl no worries

but an all night franger fest with new talent, you'll be regretting it by 10 minutes into the first quarter, and the game for you will be gone

do not agree with that theory...
by woodublieve12
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

marbles wrote:flinders park to div 8 so it dont have to play a certain club?

Does it rhyme with Diff field ;)
by wristwatcher
Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

your an absolute flog marbles.

do you even think about the garbage you write?

doing your club no favours with your crazy opinions

blah zzzz your level of opinion aint worth time of day , just come on here take a swipe at anyone, make no contribution to discussion

what your really saying is that your an insecure flog, and you'd like me to be a flog too. cant help ya there champ but keep flogging, youll find someone

well it clearly was because u replied you fool

flog on, flog off

know one cares about your dramas in the C/D Garde at Henley get over it
by Cash 123
Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

didnt rosewater deck the cards last year with quality players only to go out in straight sets....guess money can only buy so much and yet it cant stop choking :)
by Robb_Stark
Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking at those last two posts, it's fair to say that neither of you have been missed over the summer. :roll:
by Footy Chick
Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

wristwatcher wrote:Is it true that Greg Phillips left Kilburns because of the B Grade Coach?? :shock:

Seems legit.. It's plausible.. Do they have a B grade coach though?! :? :shock:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:ya have a tough weekend there phantom? :D

I'm sick.. been sick all weekend, you know how tough man flu is! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

wow well theyve got all their premiership stars back, lets all piss our pants, but not a single name has been mentioned yet Do you put a great deal of effort into being a self righteous fwit or does it come naturally?

well unfortunately for u im not a self righteous fwit but hopefully youll find someone soon who is and you can be a self righteous fwit together. good luck on your exploration i wish u the best. youll find someone, i just know u will

meanwhile thankyou to bird of prey for filling us in with some factual information, gaza suddenly, with proof actually might now look the goods for finals footy cheers

My pleasure. How bout you "like" me then. The donuts next to it make me feel lonely and unloved :(
by bird of prey
Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

still all propaganda... help me add to the facts.... :D

at henley...
big ins: johncock, plus a couple of long term injuries last year hopefully are back in geddes & fairclough (jake)
big outs: cullen, frewen (retired), dart is a loss but not a massive loss

the rest of the ins at henley on clearances who knows i not involved, they could be nuff nuffs, or ex league. the rest of the outs are B-C graders

at goodwood..
ins: tuck & kells are in but does that make them the supreme favourite??

at uni
gill is in for a few matches woop doop. is the ex afl bloke from last year still there?

at ttg....
ive seen this so i will hold their chances much much higher....
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/tea-tree-gully-football-club-set-for-big-season-with-three-recruits-and-new-coach/story-fnii00l5-1226840406275

at ROCS...
# has the medalist left??

at SPOCS...
# yes roberts is a massive chunk out of their engine room

at Gaza...
# so their stars are back, but who are they?? name them as to why theyre now a contender again

salisbury nth...
on their clearances: who are the big ins & outs? i not familiar with the names

the 2 port teams well who knows

can people add to their knwledge of the big ins & outs around the joint (name them)

Will Nick Gill play "a" grade or will he just a kick with a couple of his mates in the "b"grade?

If he was at Henley no doubt he'd be playing D's.
by X Runna
Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:I answered your question, if you don't like the answer - instead of calling it dumb how about you go and crawl back under the rock you've clearly been living in because I've only been calling him that for, I dunno....SEVEN YEARS :roll:

gee whiz, talk about precious!!
by Johno6
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no matter where smithees finishes this season what would make me proud more than anything, would be a construction of goal height nets at the southern end of the ground preventing the ball rolling down into shit creek everytime someone kicks a goal :)

Yep must agree Marbles but that's the only training some of our players do !!! ;)
by panthers
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:a quick switch of smithees to div 6 and mitchells to div 7 should solve things and give uni the flag!!

f**k uni
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wingfield Royals Up & About

Might not win a game this year, but I don't think that fazes the players. Just a bunch of lads keen for a kick and drink after the game.

Just gotta get the away shower running and get a few of the lads out of their basketball shorts ;)
by Q.
Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel Nine Adelaide Football League?

marbles wrote:
Pag wrote:Not sure why anyone ever expected a show run by Craig Hutchison's company to give network TV time to the SAAFL.

is anyone yet to see a channel 9 news camera at any channel 9 adelaide football league game yet this season?[/quote

They've obviously been a bit too busy at Aldinga. :D
by Yank Man
Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Fair enough marbles.

A few other "plain" ones for you to laugh at...

http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/Clubs/images/thumb_scotch_oc_guernsey_1.jpg
http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/Clubs/images/thumb_spoc_guernsey.jpg
http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/Clubs/images/thumb_scotch_oc_guernsey_2.jpg
by Trader
Mon May 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, that is an enormous margin.. i was thinking Houghton may be able to keep the score line reasonable against Smithfield. . Did Houghton have a few out or just not mentally switched on for the game? Certainly makes our 22 goal loss seem a little less horrendous.

For Modbury its a week to week thing as to how our side will shape up, lost 5 or 6 to the B's in the last couple of weeks which tested our depth. something like 12 changes from the side to beat North Pines to the side that got walloped by Smithfield. Looking forward to playing Shocs this week.
by Sass!
Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 - Divisions for all

Gotta give you credit for persistence.
by cracka
Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

I like the general idea .....don't agree with a lot of your reasons.

Clubs play like for like. Strong clubs play other strong clubs C & D grades, Weaker clubs play other weaker clubs A & Bs week in week out. Ends up with people and clubs playing against each who are all out there for similar reasons to achieve similar goals. Would add stability to these divisions.

The unfortunate part is having 9 team comps. Byes are shit.
by Jetters
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wingfield Royals Up & About

I didn't think footy was their primary focus at Wingies, I thought they only cared about their darts team and their Sunday sculling sessions.
by Mr Beefy
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

marbles, why wouldn't you want your C/D playing against A grade teams? I understand your point of getting flogged every second week by A grade sides, but if you are good enough to match it in that division then surely that is better for your club from a development point of view than playing in C grade divisions?

Wouldn't your B grade rather bring up a bloke whose conditioned to playing against A grade footballers (albeit a fair way down from your A grade) than a bloke whose been playing in a slower C grade comp against all C grade sides?

Because marbles' C-Grade team has nought to do with developing players, it is all about winning the easiest premiership possible.

Henley's C Grade is just a carrier for their D Grade
by X Runna
Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great win by houton over uni. are all the uni boys in brazil? :)

feeling for smosh boys, 30 goal loss. sure they chose to come to div 7 (if not forced too) but 50 blokes again just want a kick and a catch on a saturday arvo made to play highly tuned paid agraders. what a ridiculous competition :)

seeing wingfield kick 8 goals a great sign must have won a lot of footy contests on the day so keep rising royals

was told uni had 8 out.

Give credit where credit is due!!!

We played a good game!!!!

If uni cant cover 8 players being out when they have about 200 play for their club and 3 sides below their c's to pull players up from their must be something wrong.

When we have 8 players out it's a different story!!! We are a small club with limited numbers
And lets face what team doesnt have 8 players out this time of year!!!!
by tomo
Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

the 1st discussion brought great debate, and since has caused enhancements to the model

PROBLEM #1

"Clubs with C-Grade & D-Grade sides who have to play against A-Grade club are losing players rapidly, 4 Div 1 & 2 clubs in the last 14 months have forfeited their D-Grade sides" - TTG, Broadview, Flinders Park, SHOCS

# Next season faces a dilemma with the likeliness of these Div 7 C-Grade participants (Shocs, Smosh, Modbury, Flinders Parks and possibly henley) wanting to no longer playing agrade clubs and will be wanting to go to div 8. Here having their cgraders play cgraders only will means players will stick and wont be turned off from the game. clubs want to attract & keep players. a rising participation rate at any club is always the goal

# This means Div 7 next season may only have 5 teams - North Pines, Mitchell Park, Angle Vale, Flinders Uni & Adelaide Uni
Untitled-1.jpg

PROBLEM #2

# Clubs are on the brink having only 1 team and may not be capable of reforming a 2nd side next season. Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Wingfield, even Angle Vale?
(this problem, we will hold hope and believe theyll be fine next year)

PROBLEM #3
# Developing lower division A-Grade clubs are having premierships taken away from their club development, because C & D Grade sides are consistently winning grand finals in div 7. The 8 of the last 10 flags in the last 5 years have been won by thirds & fourths sides. These lower agrade clubs have missed out on glory halting their development & success

A SOLUTION

# 7 Pure A-Grade divisions...

Untitled-2.jpg

# Having byes moved into each division will cause an uproar by individuals. but the league is bigger than one poor club who may have to take a week off once in a while

# Having byes like this also offers opportunities to invite new fully established clubs to the SAAFL and allow them to fill the Div 3 bye. For example Brighton may consider the Div 3 invitation, where theres no way in the world it would join a vacancy in Div 7. MArion could join Div 4, or Morphettville or Blackwood etc. By 2016 these byes could be filled.

# The Super C-Grade divisions will see participation rates back to where they should be or even better - BECAUSE boys who just want a kick and catch in the C-Grade wont be turned off by having to get smashed by some supreme a-grader - it will be C-Grader vs C-Grader only and that is highly appetizing for a c-grader

# essentially the only consequence to most a-grade clubs is that theyll have to take a week off twice a year.

# also some clubs may go down a division. but maybe in the following season, the league could declare that 3 sides will be promoted & relegated just to return a clubs to their true standing across the divisions for the following 2016 season.

# a runner up in this years grand finals will not be able to be promoted, and the premier will be gifted a chance in the higher div

# please see the solution chart to see how many teams in each div needs to be relegated.

The league is also bigger than one club who above all others is insistent on having their own little competition. Or are Henley the Collingwood of the SAAFL. Get over it and let the league handle it as they have for the past x number of years.
by X Runna
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

marbles wrote:anyone want a spot in the saafl div 3? div 4? div 5? i have the key....

I wish you'd use that key to put a padlock on your keyboard. :roll:
by afc9798
Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:hmmm i dunno the word smithfield defines so much to adelaideons even if not talking about football

anything different could help their cause?

If that's the case Smithfield and Henley could be sister suburbs..... :)
by Cohiba
Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Just because you have a boy band hair cut and a $80 singlet doesn't mean you cant be a feral scumbag.

Who the f**k spends $80 on a bloody singlet?! :shock: Too much money lol! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Those same sheep provide the wool that is used to make our guernseys.
by Q.
Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rumour has it that Smithfield are voting to become the Smithfield saints in2015
by Esteban Vihaio
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:effing really? 2 holidays coming up. seriously.. if you can't discuss something without it turning into a slanging match *sigh*

Just like watching the Jerry Springer Show.... :lol:
by Cohiba
Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, it would be quite even. They all have the potential to do well in D7 ;)
by Q.
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or, more simply, promotion/relegation for C grade clubs between D7 & D8.

how is that responding to smosh, shocs, flinders parks, modbury and possibly henley all wanting to be in div 8?

how does your pretty fix attend to these requests, your solving nothing mate

div 7 is facing having only 5 sides next year! - your fix is - oh 2 up 2 down - wtf!

I suggest we let marbles have his oopti ******* doop super C Grade, and then see what the opposition think when Henley still roll out their 3rd best side as their D's.
by X Runna
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if you think im alone in this desire you are very narrow minded.

theres no one supporting me publicly on here sure, but all the conjecture is coming from people who dont have 4 teams at their club

so im really not bothered by the crap your throwing at me, im writing all this to the league (who are shrinking) & to my fellow Div 1 Div 2 clubs (who are also shrinking)

all your banter is only educating the silent readers whom im trying to convince and save, thankyou :heart: My club has four teams. If we were good enough to win Div 8, I'd like to think we'd happily take on the challenge of Div 7.

your cgrade boys would love playing A-Graders, i bet it will be so exciting half your side will leave

Amateur League culture

Surely the players should be aiming to play against A-Grade players, in their club's A-Grade?
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So instead we spread these 1 team clubs over a few divisions and make other sides share the burden of no B's?
Lump all the dying clubs together I say.
by Trader
Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its an enormous trip into the countryside...
by adr107
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

They would beat their U/18s

phhht no chance smithfield would make SFL finals

HA HA HA HA ... how did we get from the bottom SFL sides being competitive in Div 7 to the top side in Div 7 making SFL finals ?????? HA HA HA HA

It's just marbles having his quarterly crack at the SFL and promoting the enormous benefits of playing Div 7. I'm unaware if he just simply doesn't learn, or if he's on a commission from SAAFL. Either way, someone needs to bandage his fingers together and ban him from buying any speech recognition software.
by afc9798
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i know a ingle farm player who wears his to work lol
by Robb_Stark
Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paralowie lads wore theirs to music festivals back in the day.
by Q.
Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PHOS v Camden v PHOS Camden

camden split from greek when greek married henley

camden wasnt keen on threesomes but henley liked it greek style

camden instead hooked up with some high school boys at plympton

the high school boys are now finding camden too old? and are looking for something younger?

:YMAPPLAUSE:
Great summary
by bird of prey
Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair dinkum the kid cried!?

I see you're targeting a different angle now with your super C grade - protecting the kids. Lol.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Finals in Div 8 are going to be great this year. Bloody hard to pick....

top 3 teams have all played twice and beaten each other once with Blackwood and Payneham both able to beat anyone on their day.

Golden Grove would have to be the favourite at the moment, having a strong second half to the season knocking off both TTG and PAOC.

Who said Div8 footy isn't exciting!!!
by Haynzy
Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:
how was it up at houghton? is that 22 rushed behinds? :D

I rushed at least 12 of them :D
by Q.
Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:There's green - it's just squishy UNDER the green :lol:

PS: No green in the middle.

I was told an excellent way to help improve the condition of the oval is to put sand bags on it :lol: Just kidding, it worked for our oval last year ;)
by wristwatcher
Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I hear that The mountain men have some good news to report Q? :D

Indeed. We won the MMM/Toyota club reno comp.

I think they are going to put $14K into making some much needed repairs to the change rooms.

and the sheering sheds ;)

The shearing shed aka the clubrooms, will have to wait.
by Q.
Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and you're surprised... why ?
I'm learning.

meh. novice.
You know what marbles.. I actually think there is a very tiny bit of logic and sense to what you said, and on a small scale I would agree with part of it.

After such a strong start to the season on the back of a successful year last season, it can be easy to become complacent at this time of the season - especially when you play a month of football against the lower sides. Sitting top of the ladder and winning games (against bottom sides) with ease, players may feel like the challenge isnt there, they may feel like they've reached the peak and the rest is going to just happen, and yes they may lose sight of what they're trying to achieve and how to get there.

It was only this time 2 years ago the club was sitting at the opposite end of the ladder preparing to be relegated with only 4 wins - and they most successful season for some time. I still vividly remember the constant floggings and cricket score margins that occured week in/week out and the rapid downhill spiral through the grades - that should be driving the players to keep pushing forward! Been a good 18 months but need to look long term and keep striving.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't have anything I need to respond to. I don't think anyone has disagreed with what I've said, just that they don't like hearing it. If I was the CU coach who probably is doing a lot of work to fix the situation I wouldn't like hearing it either, doesn't make it any less true.

Why am I commenting? Because there is too much bullshit Div 6/lower division goodwill between you lot and it makes me just a little bit nauseous and what a boring place this would be if someone didn't call you on said bullshit.
by Jetters
Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I understand. I actually think your idea has some merit. I just don't think it will happen.
by Neverwasgood
Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How have clubs found PNU's Div 8/8R umpire?

I personally haven't come across a more blatant cheat in my time in amateur league footy. He was average the first time round but shocking on Saturday. Not surprisingly, the more vocal the crowd became, the more he favoured Payneham. In the end it didn't influence the results, however it will be interesting what sort of impact proper umpires have on Payneham in the finals.
by The Pig Dog
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a crack at div 7 team of the year...

FF: Matthews (Smithfield) Webber (Smithfield) Dudley (NP)
HF: __________, _____________, __________
C: __________, _______________, _____________
HB: OLoughlin (NP), ____________, Schultz (Henley)
FB: ______________, ______________, ______________

R: Bellman (Smithfield), _____________, Garner (Smithfield)
Bnch: __________, _______________, _____________

dont know anyone else in comp. so that will do.

You could formulate two teams, have one for just A Grade players and another one for C Grade players.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |