Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Terrible call mal. Terrible.
by Squids
Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I will say yes. Need someone to take the 'workhorse' role. Even though it would be great to see 3 quicks that bowl 140+
by Squids
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Cricketers playing BBL and Why?

Might need to change it to a top 10
by Squids
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Top 5 Most Annoying Cricketers playing BBL and Why?

Jason Floros how the hell does this spud get a game
Dan Smith embarrassment
Brett Lee absolute tool
Dan Christian most overrated in the history of cricket
Cameron Gannon chucker absolute disgrace
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Can people please like this post for me, thank you.
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If found guilty the accused should be shot.
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:you just wanted to get off the devils number squidsy

Trying to get to the ton actually :)
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gnarly dude grommets
by Squids
Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watson averages more in the 1st innings than the 2nd.

Source for tsg

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... pe=batting
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division IV 2014

daysofourlives wrote:amazingly i enter sunday with a good chance of knocking off the great Duro Dep, 50/50 at this point

went down by about 22 i think, Hanley getting Crowleyed killed me
by daysofourlives
Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Another good round coming up and hopefully some good weather saturday will make some for more free flowing football, Here's my tips;

Blackwood V Echunga- Blackwood will have a serious challenge this week, Bricknell and maybe Woods will come back into the side whilst Carey will still be down at the crows for the Dees. However, Im not sure that will matter much as echunga on a fine day are the best team in the comp as they are quick and move the ball extremely well. Cranna will be to mobile for Herbert in the ruck and will beat him around the ground, whilst Lindsay, Jennings, Edwards and Co will be to strong in the midfield and will give AIsh and Harland plenty of scoring chances. Minuzzo, Catford and a few other young guys have been playing well for the Woods but echunga are just a bit to good for the woods. Echunga by 6 goals.
TV V Ironbank- Well we have the very tricky task of heading to Mt Torrens to take on a quality outfit. How to stop the three pronged forward set up of Boras and the Ellis Bros is hard enough but when you have the midfield class of O'sullivan, Hanna and Montgomery it's impossible to stop it from getting down there as they just dominate the middle. If we can get on top in the middle then we are a chance, Hitchcock, muirden and the rest of the midfield need to play big games. We prefer the fine weather which lets us run but still it's going to be a tough task to beat TV and whilst my heart says we can win my head says TV by 5 goals.
Barker V Onkas- The battle between the two winless teams, Barker have been rather disappointing so far whilst Onkas have been competitive but have just lacked the class with some key outs. Hughes appears to be playing a lone hand for the Roos at the minute in the midfield and it's time the others stood up and helped him. Onkas on the other hand need Tanner and Co back ASAP, if they return this week then there a big chance but if not Barker should be a bit to good. I still think Barker have to come good at some stage and im tipping it to be this week. Barker by 4 goals.
Lobethal V Lofty- Lobethal finally got a win last week and they will be extremely happy having seen a good weather forecast for this saturday as they can use their running game again. Lofty again competed hard as they always do but TV were just a little bit to good. If lobe arent switched on then they will be in trouble but if they are on Baust and Co will be running a muck on the wide expanses of Lobethal this week as they are very hard to stop on their ground with their run, carry and spread. Miles and burch once again are keys in the middle whilst Nielsen will kick a few but Lobe are just a bit to good all over the ground especially on a nice day. Lobethal by 8 goals.
Uraidla V Hahndorf- Hahndorf are up and about after 2 wins on the trot and will be full of confidence running into one of the best teams in competition in uraidla. Uraidla just keep winning as they always do, some of their young players are stepping up this year such as Gepp, Young, Etc which gives them a nice blend of youth and experience. The magpies are quite an even side with a good midfield in Paul, Tripodi and Hankin, whilst young male is playing particularly well so far this year. Hahndorf will challenge uraidla but I cant see them winning as Uris have to much class in Ivens, Delvins, Eberts, Etc and will kick away late in the day. Uris by 4 goals.
by batmanbegins
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very competitive comp this year. Lobethal were expected to be around the mark in 2015 with some handy ins (to make up for some key outs), but at the moment are looking like an also ran. Can't believe the loss on Saturday against the bankers who were missing a few keys. I hope the boys can rally this week and pick up a win against TV. But the Lions seem to be unstoppable. Can anyone report how they're lining up and game plan? Obviously a gun midfield midfield and 3 strong forwards, are they vulnerable down back?

You guys did seem a bit down on the weekend but there's to much class in your side not to get back on track and playing at lobe on the wide expanses will help this weekend. TV were very impressive by all accounts, they have renshaw down back who is really good but may lack enough defenders to control all your forwards. Whoever wins the midfield battle will win the game but if you don't your defenders will be in for a hard day.
Was a great win for us with out motlop and de visser, plus losing another recruit johnson in the first quarter we only had 3 recruits. 17 locals played and all have improved under jars which is great to see. We would of saved a bit of money on the weekend also with only Hitchcock getting paid I assume haha
by batmanbegins
Wed May 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry Lads been busy this week, here they are;
Onkas V Echunga- Onkas have been really competitive and it's good to see tanner and Hausler back but there just lacking a bit of class with Green and a few others still out to be able to beat most teams. Echunga will be wanting to make up for last week but if Edwards, Edmonds and Co are still out, Onkas may fancy their chances. Cranna will be to good in the ruck for ferraro which will give first use to lindsay, Jennings and Guy and once their on top good luck stopping Harland and Aish up forward. However, in Tanner, Klun and Mcgoo the dogs have a very good midfield but I think the Dees just have to much class all around the ground. Dees by 7 goals.
Hahndorf V Blackwood- This should be a cracker of a match, The woods need to win otherwise will slip to 2 and 4, whilst the Dorf would cement themselves in the 5 with a win. Handby was a handy inclusion last week but the young kids appear to be stepping up for the magpies to go along with the ever reliable Purling, Hankin and paul. The Woods by all accounts should of been up at half time against TV last week but poor kicking hurt them which they wont want to repeat this week. Thompson has been a great pick up and is dominating down back but it's time some of the young guns stepped up and stopped the reliance on the evergreens in Magarey, Herbert and Edwards. It's hard to go past the dorf at home, Hourigan to kick 6 and the Maggies to win by 3 goals.
Barker V Ironbank- Huge game for both sides, whoever wins will equal their wins and losses but whoever loses will go 2 and 4. Barker are coming of 2 wins and will be gaining confidence, Whilst we are coming of a big win and Motlop will return for certain this week which is a handy in. Barker like a few sides have a few key outs, whilst we will be missing de visser again but have mainly a full side. Thomas, Tags and Keeley have been outstanding for the bankers over the last few weeks providing a lot of run and carry, Whilst our midget forward line stepped up last week with Van den berg and Shearwood kicking a few. Hughes is one of the best players in the Comp for Barker and is all class, Hill has been kicking goals and Nunan is always hard to stop but they appear to be relying on to few to do to much at the minute. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Lobethal V Torrens- Game of the round, Dont be fooled by Lobe's ladder position they are a better side than that and I expect them to stand up this week. TV are one of the best sides in the comp, their just loaded with talent and who knows how to stop the Ellis Bros and Boras. Montgomery is a gun, O'sullivan is all class and Eichner and Co are all very good players in the midfield plus Renshaw controls the defensive 50. Bampton was very good last week for the tigers but Baust, Jenkins and Nitschke will need to lift to their usual standards as they need to control the middle to win this game. FIsher, WIlls and Co up forward could get on top of TV's defense if Lobe's mids get on top. Surely Callum Schild will come up from the Bs as he is way to good to be playing B grade, which would add another handy tall as well. I'm going to tip an upset just cause it's at Lobe and Lobe are a very good running side. Lobethal by 2 goals.
Uraidla V Lofty- Well good luck lofty, Beating Uraidla ar Uraidla is the hardest task in hills football and I just cant see them doing it. Lofty would be filthy after 10 minutes of bad footy cost them a game last week and should come out strong this week but their reliance on Miles, Nielsen and a few others is just to much to win to many games. Uraidla are just cruising along as per usual, Ivens, Richards and Delvins are playing very well, also young gepp is stepping up in the forward 50. Not much to say for this game other than lofty will try their hearts out but Uraidla will simply be to strong all around the ground. Uris by however much they choose to win by. (Hopefully Lofty people dont get annoyed by that, as I know we lost to you guys and you were far to good, I just think Uraidla are a very good side)
by batmanbegins
Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

SOS the only guy with balls to stand up to the academy zone bullshit

hang your heads in shame everyone else
by Armchair expert
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

Memorial Oval Port Pirie is a lock to host a game
by Armchair expert
Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |