My crack at the SANFL side :

F : Jake Neade John Butcher Sam Gray
HF : Steve Summerton Mason Shaw Mitch Harvey
C : Tom Logan Ben Newton Aaron Young
HB : Lewis Stevenson Aseri Raikiwasa Tom Clurey
B : Jarman Impey Jonas/Hombsch Sam Colquhoun

R : Renouf (Redden) Campbell Heath K.Mitchell
Int : R.Young J.Johansen H.Slattery Hitchcock

Ah Chee, Amon, Byrne-Jones,Redden, D.Flynn, Russell, D.Butcher, Ben Haren, Biemans, Sawford, Sharrad either injured ( Redden ), first year draftees or development players.
by Booney
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Getting ready for this weeks Soundwave, I've gone with a 5 album mix :

A Day to Remember ( newest album ) - Common Courtesy

Pennywise - Pennywise

Greenday - International Superhits

Living End - Roll On

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

And on the advice of Junior Boon (17) - Deez Nuts - Stay True
by Booney
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Fair point, although we didn't have Redden or Renouf most of the year leaving Lobbe to shoulder the ruck duties, which he did. I expect big things from him this year.

I think we've added good depth with Polec and White. The likes of Mitchell, Stevenson, Heath, Young and Logan will be back up's through the midfield.

We need Mason Shaw to develop as an extra tall forward, quickly.
by Booney
Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide season preview 2014.

After an amazing 2013 that saw Port rise from bottom 4 to finally dip out in the semi-final to the experienced Geelong outft the 2014 season offers much interest for all AFL fans looking at Alberton and plenty of nervous anticipation for those who support the club. Exciting times ahead, I hope.

Not only from a team perspective but for individuals season 2013 was a breakout year. Under coach Ken Hinkley 2014 shapes as a challenging one heading into the city at Adelaide Oval with a tougher fixture, greater focus from opposition teams and something missing from Port fans in the last few years, high hopes.

Ken Hinkley came to the club with a strong idea built on years of assistant coaching experience not only with how he wanted his team to play on field, but how they were to behave off field, how they trained and how they saw themselves. The playing group would have felt the sacking of Matt Primus, all players would see their part in that process and confidence was low. Ken introduced an attitude and set of behaviours that the players clearly embraced. From not leaving dirty dishes in the lunch room for the wonderful volunteer ladies to clean up, to language used around the club, to the coaches deciding during training when the players can and cant go off for a drink. The players were left under no disillusion who was in charge and who was setting the tone for the season ahead.

Adopting two very telling statements of "We will never give up" and "We will get what we deserve" the playing group embraced the training methods under the world class Darren Burgess and delivered on those statements.

Troy Chaplin and Danyle Pearce were moved on, much maligned by Port fans at times and highly rated at others the trading of these two players sent a message to the group. Nobody was safe.

Travis Boak replaced Dom Cassisi as captain and young faces like Chad Wingard, Ollie Wines, Jake Neade and Sam Colquhoun were given the chance to play at AFL level. Two of them, Wingard and Wines, excelled.

Individually Boak stood out as the leader of the club earning his first All-Australian honours along with Chad Wingard who took out the clubs John Cahill Medal for the best & fairest. Ollie Wines played all 22 games and finals in his debut season and Neade showed glimpses of brilliance around the forward half while Colquhoun was the youngest player at AFL ranks last season. ( Surprising given GWS and GC lists! )

Players like Mathew Broadbent, a fitter and stronger Alipate Carlile, Justin Westhoff, Brad Ebert, Angus Monfries and Jasper Pittard had personal best seasons.Jack Hombsch, Tom Jonas,Campbell Heath and Lewis Stevenson all played roles in the back half when needed.Robbie Gray returned from injury and took a while to find his feet, then began to show the class all Port people know he has around goals and in small stints in the middle.Kane Cornes turned the clock back and looks to have given himself at least another year of AFL football under Hinkley and looks set to be Ports first bond fide 300 game AFL player.Jarrad Redden had a mixed season starting well and copping a couple of serious injuries (including a dislocated shoulder) and Matt Lobbe stepped up to the plate, carrying Ports big man duties almost single handedly for the last half of the year.Hamish Harlett began to get his body right and had an amazing purple patch early on, as did Justin Westhoff in the first 5 rounds.

For mine, Boak, Wingard, Lobbe, Monfries, Schulz, Broadbent and Ebert were Ports spine last year. All of them played consistently well.

So what can Port look forward to in 2014?

A forward half that will test most back lines. The far reaching Westhoff, the accurate and courageous Schulz with the likes of Monfries, Wingard, Boak, Gray, Hartlett and Stewart offering plenty of attacking options.

The defense will be built around talls Trengove and Carlile, running talls O'Shea and Pittard while Harlett and Cassisi will be the back line generals directing traffic. I expect Homsch, Logan and Jonas to be given roles throughout the season.

In the middle Ports options all of a sudden run deep. Boak, Ebert, Wines,Broadbent, Wingard, Cornes, Hartlett, Cassisi, Gray new recruits Polec and White. While Andrew Moore and Aaron Young appear to be getting groomed as the Cornes / Cassisi replacements as these two premiership players enter the twilight years.It's hard not to be a little excited by where Port look to be heading.

An interesting selection with Polec as the guy seems to have his critics, already he has noted how he has benefited from the fitness program at Alberton. He was recruited for his finishing by foot. Jono Brown reakons Polec has delivered him some of the best passes in his long career on the Brisbane training track. Lets hope he can take that to the centre on game day. Matt White impressed me in the training drills I have seen him in, he's much more solidly built than I recall of him. He, along with Wines and Harlett give Port some real muscle in the middle.

After all that good news, the very sudden and late loss of senior assistant Alan Richardson was not only a shock but a loss to the coaching group. Balanced by the return of Phil Walsh from the WCE, this might not hurt as much as first thought.

My best 22 :

F : Monfries Schulz Gray
HF : Wingard Westhoff Stewart
C : Polec Ebert Broadbent
HB : Hartlett Trengove Pittard
B : White Carlile O'Shea

R : Lobbe Boak Moore
Int : Cassisi Wines Cornes Jonas/Hombsch/Neade

Draw :

Home games :
Adelaide ,Brisbane,Geelong, Fremantle ,Hawthorn,St.Kilda,Bulldogs,Essendon, Melbourne,Sydney,Carlton
Away games :
Carlton,North,West Coast,GWS,Melbourne,Sydney,Adelaide,Richmond,Collingwood,GC,Fremantle

DOUBLE UP TEAMS IN BOLD

I'm expecting big things from this group in 2014 but, as we all know backing up one solid season with another is tough work. Very tough work.

I think Port will be in the mix to finish anywhere from 5th to 9th. If we don't play finals I expect and believe it will be by only a game or two.

Wins at home over Adelaide (we'll split the Showdowns for arguments sake), Brisbane, St.Kilda,Bulldogs, Melbourne and Carlton.
Minimum 6 home wins.

Wins away to Carlton,GWS,Melbourne and Gold Coast. 4 wins.

Confident of 10 wins there with the likes of Essendon, Richmond, West Coast, Adelaide, North and Carlton around the same level as us I would think 13-15 wins is achievable.
by Booney
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Dutchy wrote:
FOOTY TALK wrote:Motlop already gone apparently forgot to tell port he still contracted to peel thunder and they found out he was training at port and want port to pay a fee and port have said no.

ha, quality work by Motlop...

For accuracy.
by Booney
Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Now that you are both on or around the half way point it is imperative that at no point do you MENTION THAT FACT !!!

My God, do you have any idea how uncomfortable this is? I can't sleep properly! I can't go 5 minutes without going to the toilet! ( See tip 1 ;) )

You've got no idea what I'm going through and then, and then....you bastard, you go and remind me I'm only half way.

I'm sorry, I love you baby.

8-[
by Booney
Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Booney
Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

Nobody is saying the COLA assures you anything, but a side that can win a GF then recruit (potentially) the two highest paid key forwards in the comp to long term deals seems slightly jilted, does it not?
by Booney
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Whoever it was that came up with the idea, I can't thank them enough. :lol:

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-03-04/2014-chants-hour

That right folks, let's get together and practice our chanting!! For instance, when our team kicks a goal - Clap and cheer! It's as easy and 1,2 Patty D.
Right, let's rehearse one......Big Tay Tay kicks it to J-Pod, little Eddie roves and kicks the football through the big white sticks ( they're goal posts )......*CLAP NOW*
Excellent, excellent. Well done everyone.

The club that just keeps on giving.... :lol:
by Booney
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Q. wrote:
dedja wrote:SAFooty is fortunate to have so many geniuses, truly a wonderful thing.

Remember, you can only post here if you've played test cricket.

You can post still, but it means nothing.
by Booney
Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Oh, don't ever refer to her as "wide" instead of "wife" at any stage.
by Booney
Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

scoob wrote:
Booney wrote:History in the making, chump. ;)

Be proud, Chump

Easy bite and I knew it. ;)
by Booney
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

Could have saved them some money and time.

The competition formerly known as.
by Booney
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

Bottom line is, only the backward $ANFL Commission could ever have conceived a ludicrous situation that forced footballers to actually play AGAINST the club that was paying them. Finally under the new system a wrong has been righted.

So it’s not backward that a player can now be forced to play against the club that developed him in a match for premiership points? The Magpies aren’t the ones paying him, the Power are. Only emphasises the fact that the Magpies are nothing but a hollow reserves team now and this whole set up is a joke.

How many of Ports SANFL side (and AFL listed) are from SANFL junior programs?

Jake Neade*
Brendon Ah Chee*
Mason Shaw*
Sam Gray*
Mitch Harvey*
Cameron Hitchcock*
Karl Amon*
Ben Newton*
Kane Mitchell*
Tom Logan*
Sam Colquhoun*
Sam Russell*
by Booney
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

History in the making, chump. ;)
by Booney
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

woodublieve12 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:5/80 at lunch, good fight back from the Redbacks, hopefully these two can press on after lunch and get us to a competitive total!

Becareful PG, far to positive fopr this page ;)

It's ok, he hasn't played Test cricket....therefore his opinion doesn't count. ;)
by Booney
Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Crikey....I rarely log in on weekends. Might have to now, look what I missed!!

If you didn't write this I would've missed the whole thing. I swear, Im on this **** site 40 hours a week ( ;) ) and nothing good happens. Take a weekend off the forum and look what happens :lol:

Yep, likewise. :lol:
by Booney
Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah Encore group have moved from footy park to adelaide oval
Do the people that work in these shops at the footy have any idea
what the prices are every place else in the world?
"Yeah, $14 for a pie with sauce. We think that's fair."
$14. Where? Never at footy park.
However, a clear conflict of interest here.
it was rip off of a seinfield scit, he was talking about airport food... However prices at the footy are a joke... Went to AAMI last year for the first time in a while to see the swans play and the prices were ludacris, but on the positive most crow supporters were gone by quarter time so the lineups weren't long ;)

Didn't you apply for the COEA - Cost of eating allowance?

Sydney supporters get discounted food at all AFL venues. Soon it will only be the Sydney supporters kids, they're the ones who need it most. ;)
by Booney
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you do some basic research you will discover that Encore Group catering is owned completely by the S.A.N.F.L, Leigh Whicker is the General Manager only.

The huge profits generated by the exorbitant prices gets returned to the SANFL clubs as part of their dividends.
lets not get carried away :D
:lol:

This august forum isn't built on research and fact. One fact, hardly any of us have played Test cricket or AFL/VFL/SANFL football....our opinions are meaningless.
by Booney
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:As opposed to your banging on about your successful club?

Here's some perspective for you: My kids reckon your club is a joke, a bunch of easybeats.

Your kids probably think Buckets McKenzie is the greatest ever SANFL ruckman and football meant nothing before the year 2000.

So, you know..... ;)
by Booney
Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

HH3 wrote:If she has the power to make you do the washing for complaining she didnt do her job properly, then yes my good sir, you are in fact whipped.

Trying to deny being whipped is like trying to deny you masturbate.

No married bloke in his right mind would believe you. :lol:
by Booney
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Those awesome songs have nothing on this classic...

/watch?v=Q_vOOZKHHdY

That is ******* brilliant. It absolutely fails on every possible level. Musically it's rubbish, the lyrics don't fit and the clip is appalling.

I love it. Thankyou for introducing me to it. Thankyou so much. :lol:

"There's a deli on the corner, everybody hangs out there". :lol:
by Booney
Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Agreed Carlile is what he is, but the modern game still has big forwards who require big backs, there's Bobby's job.

Pittard has more about him than you give him credit for, I think so anyway.

I agree though, besides Carlile our back half has it's best football in front of it in the coming years.

Stay classy... ;)
by Booney
Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

I really thought they'd give him the arse, I figured the amount of negative press he has and will ultimately create upon his return would see them cut ties with him.
by Booney
Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL is the biggest joke for of a 'competition' in world sport with its grossly uneven fixtures, manipulation of clubs finances (ala handing out money to clubs like Melbourne so they can sack their coach), different rules for different teams eg, COLA and the list goes on.

Not sure about that, the EPL is pretty high up there.

The fact three or four clubs are the only one's with a chance of winning the title ( whilst having dominated for decades now ) while teams lie stagnant in the middle of the competition as sides not worthy of competing with the aforementioned big 4 drop down and pop up from year to year leaves me thinking the EPL is as big a farce as any world sporting competition.

Really man city and chelsea have dominated for decades now mmmmm

Do we not see the same thing in the AFL Richmond, St.Kilda, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs anyone, while they have gone close they haven't won anything in how many years.

At least in the EPL it's simple and fair to all, you get the money, you make the money you can spend the money, unlike a league which manipulates ever aspect to get the desired result they want.

The AFL is on par with the WWE

]A major criticism of the Premier League in the mid-2000s was the emergence of the so-called "Big Four" clubs: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.[76][77] With the exception of Blackburn Rovers in 1994–95 and Manchester City in 2011–12, only three clubs have won the Premier League title – Manchester United (13 titles), Arsenal and Chelsea (three titles each).

Seems like it's three or four clubs who win the title.

Thankyou.
by Booney
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Hutchison = me never, ever watching it.

WAFW that bloke is.
by Booney
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Either Adelaide or Sydney will be 0\3

History says both teams can put the cue in the rack, the last 7 years no one has started 0/2 and made the 8 apart from Carlton by default last year.

I really feel for both clubs and in particular Lance and the knowledgeable SA Footy crows fans

If true (and I don't doubt you) that's wonderful news!
by Booney
Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

Now the licences have been sold, I've devised a cunning plan to (a) generate much more media exposure, (b) get the crowds back, and (c) get rid of the 2 AFL reserves teams. How, you may ask?

My plan is to shift to a Summer Comp! Play at nights, provide Commercial TV with a replacement during the AFL off season and only compete against cricket (which has lost a lot of it's appeal in recent years) and the A League (room for both- different market)

Back to the glory days?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/blackadder/gallery/images/four3_640.jpg
by Booney
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 World Cup

Not a single post about last nights game as yet, i guess this proves those that hate T20 are onto something and those that do like it are the biggest front runners of any supporters in this country in any sport.

Like the games, fans of this concept will swing and miss and be gone before you know it.

Add in the biggest non-event of all time with the Windies going Gangnam after a game, even the players know this shit is exactly that, shit.
by Booney
Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

mal wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Reserves kick off at 4:30pm...

League start at 7:15pm...

Channel 7 covering the game, on 7Mate...

So do Port reserves play at 4:30pm or 7:15pm ?

FFS, get over it and deal with it.
by Booney
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

Fantastic news about time Crows and Power Faaarkkkk O## now lets pi## off their AFL sides who are still loitering in the SANFL.

Good move Power should and if you go belly up in the future you can now get help from the AFL'S bottomless money pit instead of sponging off the SANFL.

Fact - Port Adelaide ( SANFL and AFL ) and the Adelaide Crows have generated millions over the years for the SANFL.

Fact - When financially crippled ( for a multitude of reasons ) the SANFL saw fit to assist Port Adelaide to stay afloat.

Why? The SANFL needs a strong Port Adelaide and Adelaide Crows. This is 2014 and this is football is South Australia.
by Booney
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:The end of daylight savings is nigh.

Daylight savings in the summer months in excellent, I love it.

Daylight savings from the start of October to the end of March, well, beginning of April, is just not on.
by Booney
Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Legs Man wrote:Presenters are personal preference IMO.

My understanding is that there will be rotating hosts and guests on a regular basis so that everyone is catered to.

WOW - Rucci b4 Treadrea!

Legs Man = Brian Taylor.

Dogwatcher wrote:Work for 9 or Crocmedia, Legs Man?
by Booney
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone post the link for the Ken Hinkley speech to the leadership group?

I have NFI how to :oops:

Just a coach being honest really. Nothing over the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=gcQSxi-HaXQ&app=desktop
Agreed. Id think a leadership group would share input too, sounded more like a teacher talking to a kindergarten group.

With Port about to hit 50,000 members the club is doing lots of things right off-field and if allowing access to things like this grows the supporter group and membership numbers, go ahead!
by Booney
Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Have to agree somewhat with Dutchy though, I reckon there would be an element of truth in the fact that not being under pressure to perform for one's spot in the team, means that an element of doubt or reluctance to be 100% committed (at times) to a contest, could creep in to a player's mindset, couldn't it?

Let's assume ( as everyone is ) the only thing on a Magpie players mind is getting picked at AFL level, do you think going in half arsed is going to do his cause any good? Of course not.
by Booney
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

woodublieve12 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:not if your married... $100 from a couple :D

It's the wifes money either way :lol:

agreed... :(

:(
by Booney
Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Dangerfield will stay. Would put my house on it.

Not sure about Gibbs tbh. If he has another average year and gets offered a huge deal I can see him coming back to SA.

SA Footy famous last words post #3245.
by Booney
Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

dedja wrote:Then we'll blow you a big wet kiss ...

Take the boy out of Glenelg, but you can never take Glenelg out of the boy. ;)
by Booney
Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If something as small as that turns you off being a member then the crows won't miss you

Speaking from my perspective it confirms my decision to turn my back on the club. Started out with salary cap breaches (the CEO should have walked for that one), the reserves issues with the lies and back flips coming out of their offices and finally the marketing department treating the general supporter base like morons with this 19th man concept and the chanting sessions is just the cherry on top

How is the 19th man concept treating the supporter base like morons?

Good market research means you know your market.
by Booney
Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

From round 3 :

Hawthorn the stand out for 2014 already, with Geelong looking the likely challenger. Fremantle and Sydney, the much hyped other "top 4" candidates look out of sorts and need to string a few wins together now to start looking like top 4 sides. Early days, but any more than 4 losses typically means no top 4, this year might be different though. I expect both to start to bounce back, they need to.

GWS and GC have taken quick steps in their development this year. I think GC are a team who can push for the 8 this year and GWS with their additions this summer ( Mumford and Shaw especially ) have got themselves out of "easy beat" territory.

Paul Roos looks like a man defeated. I predict he won't coach Melbourne in 2015. By all reports he blew up after the West Coast game to the point of an assistant stepping in and saying ( along the lines of ) "enough is enough" and then the way he went burko at Terlich on Sunday and again after the game, I've got a feeling he didn't think it was going to be quite this hard. Clearly the loss of several key big men hasn't helped, but he looks rattled, and Roos never looks rattled.

Richmond continue to pretend, really, who would want to support Richmond? Jack Reiwoldt is an A grade flog too. One touch in a half, then kicks one and runs around like he has pulled the team from the jaws of defeat all on this own. He looks like a player who has some serious challenges in front of him at Richmond, or perhaps somewhere else?

Carlton much the same, they have a looooong season ahead.

Adelaide look shot. Dangerfield is trying to do too much and in the end doing very little, Jenkins/McKernan are no chop and by the time Lynch and Walker get back and up and running it will be too late for Adelaide's season. St.Kilda, GWS, Bulldogs and Melbourne in the next 4 weeks. If one Crow fan tells me they've got a tough draw. Go one, tell me. Sloane is an outstanding player and leader but, like Dangerfield, too much is left to him. Sure injuries are playing a major part in their fortunes but three weeks in a row they have capitulated after half time and look like a rabble.

Port looked slow at times against the 'Roos yesterday, well played North. Polec and Boak were the target of early attention, they had 17 first quarter touches against Adelaide to set up the early lead, 9 yesterday. Port once again got out of the blocks but North fought back well to take the most slender of leads into half time. From there, Monfries looked like he was shot, Westhoff was kept quiet and Norths midfield took over.

Boomer Harvey, one of those players you acknowledge as brilliant, but I don't have to like him. I can't ******* stand him, he does it to us every time. Why? Our two best taggers for the last 8 years, Cornes and Cassisi, have never had the explosive pace to cover him. Richmond recruit Matt White did a solid job on him yesterday, but on the 3 occasions he got away from him, he kicked 3 goals.

Ports 4 posters for the day didn't help the scoreboard pressure or confidence and a week back home against Brisbane is just the medicine.
by Booney
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I get abused when I get asked what I want for Xmas, birthdays ect. I actually want nothing. A couple drinks, day off with the ones I love is more than enough....
Spot on, and that's how I feel about weddings too. If I actually wanted something, I'd have gone out and bought it already. If I couldn't afford it, I'd wait.

Occasions like birthdays, Christmas, weddings etc should be about the gathering of people to celebrate that particular person/occasion/couple etc. At least, that's all I ask for those times.
I always start with, "I really don't need anything - just come."
If they keep pressing I eventually say, "A Ferrari."
Then I watch their faces for a few moments before restating that a present is not needed as I already have everything I want other than the Ferrari.

Keep duping the ATO and buy your own!! ;)
by Booney
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hitting 20,000 posts.....how do I get any work done? :lol:
by Booney
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

The sad irony in all of this is that I reckon it was Symes who had the wisdom to turn Ainger over to stop him following his tongue when he was lying on the ground after being collected by Collier.

Just out of idle curiosity if Ainger's jaw had been broken by Collier would the two incidents be able to be compared? Collier did leave the ground when he bumped into Ainger. Intent probably wasn't there though.

As a matter of fact, leaving him on his side may have been better as Symes turned him on his back, increasing the likely hood of swallowing his tongue and players should err on the side of caution as any possible neck injury could be worsened by simply flipping a bloke over because you think it was the best idea.

Having said that, any player who shows immediate care for a fellow or opposition player who has been felled is a pretty decent chap in my books.
by Booney
Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

yeah agree. surely the "contact with an umpire" rule is in place to stop the players using the umpire as some sort of screen to get rid of a tagger etc.

in instances where it is clear this wasnt happening, surely you just chalk it up to an accident.

Its a simple rule though and all players know the direction the unmpires will exit the contest. if they chose to stand there and make contact they run the risk of a penalty. Not saying it's right but its simple really... DONT F*KING STAND THERE :lol:

I noticed one of the players ran into Chelsea Roffey (sp?) on the weekend en route to kicking the ball in and wondered at the time if it would be ok to make contact with a goal umpire? Not sure if anyone was cited.

Ooh ooh, pick me! I'll "run into" her!! Ooh ooh...pick me...pick me!! :lol:

How big is it Chelsea?

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/09/25/1226481/247359-chelsea-roffey.jpg
by Booney
Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Firstly well done to the blokes on the field for leading the charge, well done to the likes of KT and Kochie off field for making the right noises and well done to all those that have backed the club and put their hands in their pockets.

Port Adelaide - 50,000 members.

=D> =D>

Seemed impossible two years ago......
by Booney
Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toyota Prado

My brother purchased a new Prado in 2011. Simply, he just loves it, and so do I when I get to drive it!!

Big gutsy truck that is great around the city and he makes use of it's ample off road capabilities. I'll ask him to write a little review.
by Booney
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dr SAFOOTY what's wrong with yoooooooooou ?

INSOMNIA

Been a struggle for me on an off for about 20 years now
Have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea in the past
Of late struggling again

My health practitioner has advised weight loss, or use a CPAP machine to assist with sleeping
I've not lost weight and as a result I am The Unsleeping Giant !

Any advice from the SAFOOTY Doctors ?

8-10 Coopers Pale Ales and push out zzzzz's for hours.

Next question?
by Booney
Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Was that really Glenelg's biggest ever loss?

That's great news. Add that to the Grand Final pain inflicted over the years and you blokes must love us! :lol:
by Booney
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

My spare time is quite hard earned. But no, I've never paid enough money to sponsor the club with the hope of brandishing that sponsorship for my own outcomes whilst earning the condemnation of the board and administration of the club.

You are a pissant supporter the club could do without.

And so can I. Foe list for you , your replies will not be read.

:lol:

It's a move I've never once regretted.
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |