Search found more than 7264 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 2^4

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:Anybody give Brisbane a chance over GWS?

Yep big chance

Agreed.

$3.25 H2H and $1.91 with a 20.5 point head start.

$$$

:D
by Booney
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

My company being bought by a bigger, well run company.

Mary kicked out of my office, more money, more freedom, new laptop, Mary kicked out of my office.

Hectic at the moment, but such a relief Im at a good company, and getting support.

Goals are set, and should be a good journey.

And Mary got kicked out of my office....

Excellent news!

#marycanGAGF
by Booney
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

From July 1, 2024 the 32.5 per cent tax rate will be lowered to 30 per cent. This means anyone earning between $45,000 and $200,000 will pay 30 per cent tax.

Why do people on $200,000 p.a need tax cuts? :shock:
by Booney
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not much of a TV watcher but Ninja Warrior captured me last night, I wish it was around when I was younger.
I used to love watching 'Its a Knockout'.. and then 'Gladiators' growing up.. always wished i was competing haha!

*In announcer voice*

Coming up next we have Condor facing The Bedge in HANG TOUGH!

Our referee, Mike Whitney is covering the action.
by Booney
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

How will I recover?

There. Recovered.

*phew*
by Booney
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Proud of my girl :

Game day starts in Alberton!

On Sunday July 14, The Pear is partnering with Port Adelaide Football Club and Miss Boon from The Fellow Barber to offer a one-of-a-kind game day special.

Come along to The Pear between 11AM and 2PM for a Silent Auction of official training clothing donated by Port Power players. Yes, the stuff they have donned on Alberton Oval on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All proceeds will go to Foyer, Port Adelaide, a not-for-profit organisation supporting young people at risk of homelessness.

And that's not all!

Is life a bit tough and could you or someone you know use a special day out?
Thanks to Alberton local Miss Boon and the Footy Club we offer 12 people that could do with a break:

a FREE haircut or beard trim
a FREE coffee
and FREE tickets to Sunday’s 4PM Port vs Brisbane Lions game at Adelaide Oval

Get in touch via Facebook, Instagram or email (athome@thepear.com.au) for one of 12 available spots.

Go the Power, Carn the Pear!

Oh, Miss Boon does kids and people with short hair (no Rapunzels), and beards of any gender.
by Booney
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:straight from the happy clapper handbook

Oh was I clapping and happy on Saturday or what?!?!!?

:lol:
by Booney
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide V Port in Port Pirie

Port will keep 1 or 2 out for Sunday's game as emergencies.

More views and posts about this game than any other this week.

by Booney
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The finish to SOO 3 last night. Absolute scenes.
by Booney
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

John Noble will debut for Collingwood this week after being picked up from West Adelaide in the mid season draft.
Good luck to John

It does surprise me though
Does his local club (Plympton) benefit from this, like local clubs do when they are drafted normally?

No, only he does, by getting out of Plympton.

8)
by Booney
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

whufc wrote:Finch choked big time.

Jesus, if getting a good one first ball is choking you're watching a different game to me.
by Booney
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My. Oh. My.

Jane Sims, partner of golfer Brooks Koepka at yesterdays ESPY Awards.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/jena-sims-brooks-koepka-e1562813748715.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1?w=1000&crop=0

And, at the awards show pre party.

https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/5d265f0a279fe90008e15f13/master/w_768/190710-espys-jena-brooks.jpg

*Golf clap for Brooks*
by Booney
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cold, wet, dark = choc dark ale and dog punting

Mate, if you're at home on a day like this with a nice dark ale I don't see any reason to kick the dog.
by Booney
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Finch choked big time.

Jesus, if getting a good one first ball is choking you're watching a different game to me.

Nope but having a glaring issue that had supposedly been rectified return in the biggest game of the last four years is!

Pressure got to him and he slipped straight back into his old habit of not getting his hands out in front of his pad!

Definition of CHOKE in cricket!

Yeah, I'm not sure you know what a choke, in sporting terms is or you've never opened an innings.

115 innings :

Mode of dismissal

Bowled 23 (20.4%)
Caught 55 (48.7%)
Caught Behind 11 (9.7%)
LBW 20 (17.7%)
Stumped 1 (0.9%)
Run Out 3 (2.7%)
by Booney
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spent most of Saturday afternoon in the Grand @ Mildura while the wife was at a kids birthday party on the riverbank, I was going ok with the bets without setting the world on fire and then the missus came to pick me up as we had a couple of visits to do while we were up there.

I put a bet on just as I left and then went to Dan Murphy's, they had two cartons of Stella in their cold room that had stickers on them reduced to $22 each, I grab both, I rated that and then when I got back into the car, the $4 bet I put on returned $420, a double-rater!!!!!!

I deserved it for going.
Not a fan of Mildura, then, LM?
Nope!!!! The wife goes every couple of months, I've been able to avoid it since a wedding in January 2018. All her family is there and most don't talk to each other, boring as f*** drive and chaotic catching up with everyone!

My record is 21 Corona's for the car trip.

Renmark to Mildura is the worst 100k's on the planet.
by Booney
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His time is up.

Skills haven't improved, turn overs still kill us, inconsistency still kills us. We've turned over a heap of players in the last 3 years and we're getting the same results from a different group.

He'll get next year though as we won't be able to pay out 2 years and the youth he's brought in this year will buy him another season.
by Booney
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FWIW, you mentioned Hartlett, he's been ok since his return, I'm not a huge fan but I do like how he DOESN'T go missing when we lose, his better performances have been in our losses.

Was in career best form until he did his knee last year and has come back in good order.

He is also one of the blokes who you can see hurting after a loss, he would have, if not for his knee, been right in the captaincy conversation.
by Booney
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Didnt he get a voucher recently? That could be his pay?

I reckon he's got $200 at Wohler's and $100 at Bureau Hotels to spend. Not much for what he offers the show in reality.
by Booney
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spending the weekend down in Langhorne Creek with 15 people Friday night and 16 on Saturday night surprising a friend for her 50th birthday.

Massive house that sleeps 18 people across two wings, party hard Friday night, 3 wineries in a bus on Saturday, back to the house Saturday night. Can't wait.
by Booney
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2018

AFL media - St Kilda must make finals or Richardson is out. Lethlean was sitting next to Richardson and it didn't look good. One more big loss and it's curtains. Who will coach St Kilda next year?

(Richardson steps aside)

AFL media - How graceful was Richardson? Nicest bloke you'll meet in football. Did really well with all the injuries they've got this year.

They're wankers, almost all of them.
by Booney
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Spargo wrote:Chris Judd, A grade bullshit artist.
Not fooling anyone.

Senior football position + Media football position = disaster.
by Booney
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

Any kid appearing on any 'talent' show. No, they are not talented, and they are particularly un-cute, despite how 'endearingly precocious' their parents have coached them to appear. They need to all stay off the screen, until they're an adult at least.
Generally, the only people who like watching the kid perform is their parents...especially at school concerts!!

Ask any Dad who has ever been to a "Winterfest" dance/cheer event if he "liked" being there.
by Booney
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

It's a few year ago now and I only just remembered I went to a second one but this time I had an esky in the car in the car park and went inside for two 5 minute blocks to watch Miss Boon and her troupe perform.
by Booney
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Junior has the Pixel 3XL, big fan too.
by Booney
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

We'll get killed. We can't bat.
by Booney
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barely Legal

Wedgie wrote:The only saving grace is knowing its a worse result for the Crows and Power than us!

Well done Hawthorn, far superior, the scoreboard hasn't done justice to their dominance.

Weird.
by Booney
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Junior Boon, 23 today.
by Booney
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port V Glenelg

Magellan wrote:And what is with that Port jumper?

Indigenous jumper, we wear one every year that mirrors that of the AFL side.
by Booney
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Junior Boon, 23 today.
Time flys eh!
My lad is nearly 22 and just finished his apprenticeship last week. Seems like only a few years ago I dropped him off for his first day at school

Sure does, can still see him laying on the basketball court at his primary school with a broken arm after he'd tripped and fallen, Dad was the ONLY person who was going to pick him up.
by Booney
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I'm not familiar with the laws, or the process, but my first thought would be to engage a solicitor.
by Booney
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barely Legal

What’d I miss?

Not much, except that you've been appointed captain of the SA Footy D Team!

It’s a proud moment and even better day given Carlton won and both Adelaide teams lost! ;)
I’m getting use to Monday mornings in the office now.

Crows supporters in my office get upset easy after a loss.

We've settled into the loss to loss pattern, that win / loss thing was doing my head in.
by Booney
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port V Glenelg

amber_fluid wrote:All this talk of Glenelg premierships takes me back to my childhood!

"You know you're over 40 when....."
by Booney
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

If you know the change rooms as something ending with "cave" you should be there.
by Booney
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLX

AFLX RIP
by Booney
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19 - I pity the fool

Lightning McQueen wrote:****= chap

Of course, what else would it be?
by Booney
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nothing like flying to Ireland for a piss up and then back to freshen yourself up. :D

Surely mental health freshening counts for something right. Seeing family and mates and all.

If this was some port nuffie you would be defending it to the max!

I just posted the article, **** stick. If it was for a finals spot in round 23 they wouldn't be doing it.

Sorry thought the emoji was you expressing a opinion on your thoughts about the article not just posting it.

I’m glad you know what each club would and wouldnt do.

The AFL’s number 1 fan boy has the exclusives on all clubs

I'm a happy clapper, **** stick.
by Booney
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Joker round anyone?

I used one last round, Essendon come from 5 down to beat Adelaide, GWS kick 8 in a quarter to beat Collingwood, Fremantle kick the last two points to beat Sydney, Hawthorn beat Geelong ( which was bad for Adelaide and Port ) and St Kilda beat the Bulldogs.
by Booney
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nothing like flying to Ireland for a piss up and then back to freshen yourself up. :D
by Booney
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:At least the bowlers are in form

I'd be in form with a Duke ball in those conditions against that batting line up.
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

England 5-0 $21
England 4-0 $15
England 4-1 $9
England 3-0 $26
England 3-1 $7.50
England 3-2 $7
England 2-0 $67
England 2-1 $13
England 1-0 $251
Tied 2-2 $6.50
Tied 1-1 $41
Tied 0-0 $251
Australia 1-0 $251
Australia 2-0 $101
Australia 2-1 $15
Australia 3-0 $41
Australia 3-1 $9
Australia 3-2 $8
Australia 4-0 $21
Australia 4-1 $13
Australia 5-0 $29

I've had a nibble at the 3 bold above.
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V Port

Where, when?
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brexit

Now there's a ******* berk running the other side of the Atlantic too.
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gold Coast 2019

Amazingly they have salary cap problems so they are already overpaying players, Lachie Weller must be on 800k plus

Hard to fathom, isn't it?

Genuine question.

Do you think the GC suffer from being a non football location therefore have to pay significant 'overs' to attract players away from the footballing meccas of Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth . Is this overweighed by the fact they are the Gold Coast one of the countries most iconic locations?

Personally if I had the choice of playing for GC or Essendon, Saints, West Coast, Port I would pick going to a 'football town'

Almost another version of the Sydney Cost of Living issue.

Gee what could help a struggling club in an area that is in a non football area to keep and retain players :-?

Struggling? STRUGGLING?

You win the flag in 2012 and 12 months later sign Franklin to a $10m 10 year deal and you think you're struggling? How out of touch can you be.

I'm glad the umpires took 2016 off you.
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

MW wrote:When will these players learn that they need to reduce their output against sides lower than them on the ladder :lol:

I'd give him another year on the back of those numbers. ;)
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've said it many a time, there should be a drug olympics, imagine seeing a dude chuck a javelin 3 suburbs.

After running a 12 second 200m over 40 hurdles.
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Magellan wrote:Australia's original celebrity chef, Margaret Fulton, whose cookbooks adorned my parents kitchen in the 70s and 80s, has passed away at age 94.

Everyone should have apricot chicken for dinner.

RIP.
by Booney
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |