Search found more than 7245 matches

Return

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A couple of great posts there, but I think they are wasted on here.
More of you need to ring the radio stations & get these opinions out there if you truly want it changed .

Here it is....call me defeatist, a cynic, whatever you like, people power used to have clout, now the power of the dollar over rides anything else. The powers that be didn't listen in the first instance, they certainly aren't going to now.
by Booney
Tue May 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Another good "on track" Magpies game preview/review thread!

I never expected anything less though.
by Booney
Wed May 14, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Kind of, but the reference to Adelaide having a "great" midfield is delusional. Dangerfield and Sloane are stars no doubt, but I would have thought Black, Voss, Lappin, Power was a great midfield or Kerr, Cousins, Judd. Adelaide's is a fair way down the list even compared to many other clubs this season alone.

You are stretching my words a bit. They are nowhere near all time great, or even a great of the modern era. I was using great as a synonym for good, better than the current afl average.

And no matter the strength comparatively it is still the crows strength so would need to be combatted. The statement "collingwood need to shut down the crows midfield" makes perfect sense. It's basically true of any game of afl.

You guys love nitpicking.

I think Adelaide's midfield is over rated, they are, IMO, middle of the road. Dangerfield is top notch, we all know that. Sloane too is very good, but I think he is limited in respect to genuine midfield guns. He lacks a truly penetrating kick ( he's not a on the run goal from 50 player ) and I think he is "gettable" in the air against the better midfielders, don't get me wrong, he is a very good player. Douglas is under rated but I think the lacks a bit of defensive prowess and besides some in and under grunt, Thompson is slowing down rapidly. Out side that the likes of Brodie Martin, Rory Laird, Sam Kerridge, David McKay and the in and out Grigg aren't really taking the next step to become serious headaches for opponents when they are running through there. All play very inconsistent football at this time, they may develop to the point of being consistent contributors.

So, again IMO, Adelaide have one star, one very good player, one consistent ball winner with grunt and several who try hard but rarely get 25+ touches.

The top half a dozen clubs, along with the expansion clubs could claim to have deeper midfields.
by Booney
Thu May 15, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Failed Creation wrote:
carey wrote:
Hefty wrote:How many goals will Tex kick tonite?? Reckon he will finish with a bag of 5.

None or 6

My money is on 2.2, with one out on the full.

With all the hype the media has given to his return, he ought to back it up with 15.0 to justify it all.

Nothing like being exact. ;)
by Booney
Thu May 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you can call us what ever you like. At the end of the day we are the PAFC and we don't give a crap what you think.

Well considering you don't care, here goes ...

Arsehole, faarkwit, kent, dickwad, fatherless and toothless wharfie, welfare cheat, car stealing pricks.

Oh did I forget to mention scum?

2sA12fl2hqU
by Booney
Thu May 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

How you think thread is going JTC, looks like a good match preview? :lol:
by Booney
Wed May 14, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

May 13th. International "Top Gun" Day.

http://www.topgunday.com/

Roger. Call the ball…. Top Gun Day is May 13th. What is Top Gun Day? Well it’s like talk like a pirate day, only way cooler because it allows you to quote Top Gun all day long, wear aviator sunglasses (no matter how cheap), pretend you’re a fighter pilot (“it’s time to buzz the fridge”), play volleyball in jeans, and drink Hemlock–wait, wait–I mean ICE water.
by Booney
Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Cougar Town at the Palais on a Sunday afternoon.

Was there for the wifes birthday with a group of friends when the band "Frenzy" started up. ( Should be called subdued, not so much frenzy )

There would have been a dozen or more "cougars" on the dance floor, a few groups of young lads hanging around while the $20 jugs of vodka took full effect. Was fascinating to watch it all unfold*. :lol:
Ha! Love a good Sunday session down the local with my friends amongst the oldies! And when you're blind Frenzy aren't too bad haha, a couple of my chick mates love them. It's better than a Saturday night I reckon, had some great times during our Sunday sessions there.

Sunday session = excellent.

Monday after = Not so much.
by Booney
Mon May 19, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

crap, just realised i missed jonah last night. watched the first ep and it was awesome.

Mr Joseph is the teacher I aspire to be!

He's the teacher I wanted (and probably needed) in high school.

I would've really boiled his piss ...

How good is that character. His ability to asses Jonah and the rest of the Lazorus Crew is outstanding.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
by Booney
Mon May 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going shopping for a new company car.
by Booney
Mon May 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fact the AFL needs the SANFL far more than they need a team like the crows or the power as they are all but franchises that can be replaced. A little bit of short term pain but definetly replaceable .
Very good point.
The success of the Crows proves that a side can be created from nothing with no supporters, to a state phenomenon with a membership of 50,000 plus. Had those 50,000 turn coats simply refused to follow the AFL and stayed with their SANFL side, as we did, we wouldn't be in this mess. They preferred to follow a side made from nothing over teams they'd followed their whole lives.

I have never been able to get my head around that!

So much lol.

First things first, people under about 30 have never known anything different to the crows being in the AFL.

Secondly not all people followed the vfl as well as the sanfl. Or they may not have followed or closely.

Wouldn't it follow then that if there was a brand new south Aussie team that they could get behind, in a comp that is better than the sanfl, that they would do that, as well as they continue to follow their sanfl team in a LOWER comp?

Your statement is so ridiculous that it hardly deserved comment but I had to...

And well done timmy for bringing some sense back to this conversation.

For some, many in fact, 1990 is really like it was only days ago.

Nearly 25 years on and people are still struggling to get their head around it? 25 years! :lol:
by Booney
Tue May 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

I too, like lamp.
by Booney
Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

fester69 wrote:Could not beat the 24.
Blatant cheating umpires, and I don't like blaming umpires.
And next time the Hybrids recruit more supporters stay away from Bedford.

That's one quality cry baby post right there.
by Booney
Sat May 24, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - North v Port - Post game

Macca19 wrote:To win each quarter despite losing two players in the first 10 minutes was a great effort and showed the heart of our great footy club out there.

All class those North supporters - one got reported for racial abuse against Jake Neade.

They are indeed the classiest of classy SANFL fans.
by Booney
Sun May 25, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:well all of them have been in teams that have been flying, so its hardly a fair comparison.

not saying betts is as good as those blokes but put him in hawthorn or port's team and he would do much better.

No he wouldn't. He doesn't work hard enough.
by Booney
Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

FFS, some of us have principles.

I just wish I was as awesome as you constantly remind us you are.

That's me reminding you how awesome I am? I flattered Topsy, you spending time thinking of subliminal messages I may / may not be sending.

I've said it before, how people can just give their club and the competition away so easily is surprising. I know the competition is skewed, I know there's three sets of rules so sure, have less interest in the competition but I would have thought passionate club people would always remain that. Passionate about their club.
by Booney
Mon May 26, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Serious question to port supporters

Do you think port can maintain this for the rest of the season??? I personally think they can and if they do will go very deep into september... especially if you can secure a home final.

Obviously many factors, but a few spring to mind :

Rucks - Lobbe has played an almost lone ruck role since early 2013 and has done an amazing job. This could be problematic or it could be a plus, I think it is a plus as he is fitter than ever, match hardened and is getting good support from Trengove and Westhoff during games in the last month. With the week off and him missing the Fremantle game he's just had a nice little break before the second half kicks off.

However, if he goes down at any point we are in big strife. Butcher or Harvey would have to come in to allow Westhoff to ruck with Trengove, leaving us vulnerable at both ends. A hell of a lot rests on Lobbe's shoulders.

We play you blokes (Sydney) twice in 8 weeks ( rounds 13 and 20 we also play Melbourne twice yet too 11 and 18 ). We've got Melbourne this week in Alice Springs, St.Kilda in Adelaide then Sydney in Sydney. That will be a real test for us and we finish with 5 pretty tough weeks. Collingwood (A), Sydney (H) Gold Coast (A) Carlton (H) Fremantle (A).

I think what our biggest plus is at the moment is the spread of goal kickers. Schulz and Westhoff have had a couple of quiet weeks but Monfries, Gray and Wingard ( who can make my man parts move with some of the stuff he does ) are chipping in. Add in that Boak, White, Ebert, Wines and Hartlett have all had games this year where they've kicked 2 or more then we have, I think, just about the best balanced forward half in the competition with Sydney and Hawthorn.

Can we keep it going? Injury free, I see no reason why not. Obviously the group is fit, strong and they played out 2013 'til the very end and didn't drop off. We've had another preseason to build on that base.

Injury free is the key.
by Booney
Mon May 26, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
mickey wrote:Was the largest pre gates opening crowd that's been there all season, including the showdown

Largest crowd ever for an afl game in this state?

Will look it up...

No need to, it was indeed.
by Booney
Mon May 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2014

I still think Hawthorn are the team to beat. You have Schoenmakers back in which then releases Gibson to do what he does best. Mitchell is the heart of that team! Roughy back takes focus off of Gunston (even though he had a cracker on the weekend) and then you have (I don't think he is 100%) Hodge just floating in between the 50's doing his thing.

Port and Sydney are playing great footy, but I only think Sydney (when both teams are fully fit) have the personel to take it to the Hawks.
Geelong anyone?

Yes, but they will need to finish top 4 or risk an away game to the ANZ or perhaps Adelaide Oval.

Although, coming from outside the top 4 this year might be more "doable" than previous years. Gold Coast might still hold onto 4th, do they get a mention anywhere?
edited for accuracy :(

=)) =)) =))
by Booney
Mon May 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

Beer and tits.

( Back on hetero-track now )
by Booney
Mon May 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure it's Benny who is incapable of understanding the topic at hand.
by Booney
Thu May 29, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on a football field

Now some may think this disgusting but this is a dead set story that happened to me whilst playing at Peake about 3 years ago.

I'd had a huge night the night before and wasn't travelling so well so stopped and got some KFC in the morning I got some hot and spicy, KFC had just opened so it was around 10am anyway got to the game drank as much water as I could anyway game starts end of the first term copped a huge tackle and sure enough completely soiled myself :oops: went in the change rooms showered put my clean Jocks on and carried on the game only to have the exact same thing happen to me at the start of the 3rd term straight in the change rooms again another wash and finished the game free balling wasn't a great day for me......

Our runner thought it was the funniest thing his ever seen

Slightly off topic....but in a similar thread.

Playing cricket with some very,very hung over blokes against Broadview at Hampsted High IIRC, one of our blokes at slip is grizzling that he needs to take a dump and drinks is several overs away. Things started to get a bit "giggly" with fielders, batsmen and umpires all aware of the situation.

"Uh oh" the bloke cries, he's shat himself. Everyone on the field bursts into laughter as he limps off the field....but, one of the blokes who had been on the sauce with him the night before literally laughs so hard he too shits himself!

The "Brown Diamond" club was born. :lol:
by Booney
Thu May 29, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Taking the $2.75 on offer last night for NSW 1-12. :lol:
by Booney
Thu May 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

I have known Mark since Year 8 at Trinity College, and he has always been a top bloke. Trust me he is as hard working as anyone, used to bat in the bets for hours after school with the old man throwing balls at him.
Yes he may have had weight issues in the past, but can tell you he is the fittest I've seen for a while, and yes we still kept in touch when he went to the Apple Island. But look at the likes of Boon, you an still make a career out of it.
I can 100% tell you that Mark made first contact with the SACA board as he wants to come home with his girlfriend to start a family.
So knowing Cossie for on 15 years anyway who calls him a c#%t, may need to invest in a mirror and have a look at themselves.

P.S if any of you blokes still don't believe me, send me a PM and I'll set up a coffee date with Mark.

Thanks mate. I did my very best. Well, some weeks I was hungover, most seasons pretty out of shape, but I did my best. Well, except for the selfish cow corner slogs when you're out for 6 batting at 3, that's probably not doing my best. Anyway, cheers!
by Booney
Thu May 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Oh no way, I'm not racing anyone.
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

cat funt

Half correct ?
Mark Cosgrove has weight issues , that is no secret

But to cryptically call him a c..t is insidious ?

Have you met Mark ?
I've only briefly chatted to him , my impressions were that he is anything but a c..t

To clarify the matter, does anyone on SAFOOTY know Mark personally ?
Could they clear up whether he is a c..t?

Let's conduct a Royal Commission :roll:

If you cant answer properly dont bother

You called a person a c..t
There are several posters who have posted that Mark is not a c..t
Unless you have evidence that Mark is a c..t, I suggest you dont post he is a c..t

mal's a c..t. I've got several affidavits to support the claim too.
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting the thread back on track.
To me being a club means; Directors change, Managers (Coaches) change and Players change. But the club remains the same and the fans stay loyal because they have no choice. Once you fall in love that's it, it's you club for life.
(Apologies LPH, not having a dig mate. But I would be suprised if the Eagles weren't still in your heart). You might give up on your club, but you don't change aligiances to another club. If you do, then just maybe you weren't in love in the first place.

It's only my opinion but I would not be suprised if most others felt pretty much the same.

This is where I kinda feel sorry for Port fans like Booney because in Port's case, it's more than just the Coach, Players and Directors that have changed. It's the club and the essence of the club itself.

I'd guess that most Power fans couldn't really give a rats arse about the original SANFL Port Adelaide. The "one club" etc is just media bullshit spewed out to justify the Power's disrespect for the SANFL and the true Port Adelaide fans. Booney, I have no idea how long you have supported Port Adelaide and I wouldn't be so presumptuous to say where your passion lies now. But most SANFL fans will genuinely feel that the real Port Adelaide died the day a Port Adelaide Power was born. I suspect many true SANFL Port fans feel the same way.

The fundamental cornerstone that makes a club what it is, is that the club itself dient change. Unfortunately I don't think that stands true for Port Adelaide FC

You state that in all clubs directors, coaches and players change, yet the club remains the same. Then you say this year the club has,in essence, changed, because the players have. Yes?

I've been a life long Port supporter, with 3 generations before me the same and I, at no point on this debate ( and TRB might still be looking ) have I said this is a good thing that has happened. I've only been to two Magpies games this year, solemn, passionless affairs that they were too.

No doubt things have changed for ever more, they'll most likely change every year from now on so like many people on here my interest in the SANFL has diminished.

It's a 5 minute walk to Alberton Oval for me but it doesn't seem the same anymore. Having said that, if a team wearing black and white prision bars is running around the SANFL grounds in action, well they're my team for better or worse and I'll support them. I simply cannot fathom not supporting them out of protest for the decisions others have made and I sure as hell wouldn't be seen dead barracking for any other team. I support two other SANFL clubs with basic memberships as I think they need all the help they can get. But I am, we are, Port Adelaide. It's in my blood.
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes John, been a passionate, proud paid up member since I was delivered into this mortal coil in '75. My formative years from the late 80's to mid-90's blessed me and all other Port Adelaide fans with some pretty good times, as did the early 2000's ( and I hope the near future).

Am I sad at what has happened to my club? Yes, and no. Clearly times have changed and so has Port Adelaide. I will always be very passionate about anything Port Adelaide is associated with, we could become world marbles champions and I'd probably be there to buy the t-shirt! :lol:

As I noted above, Magpie games have been pretty benign affairs this year and I do wonder what my dearly departed Grandfather and my much loved and departed Great Aunt would think of the current day happenings, but then I think you know what, things change and the people of the time make of it what they make of it. ( I can image my Grandfather trying to get his head around the "internet" ).

Am I sad at what has happened to the SANFL? Yes, and no. Yes because it isn't what is used to be, but no because times change and evolution of all things can't be controlled or limited. It is what it is. I'm sad that Port won't whallop North or Glenelg at Footy Park in late September anymore, but that was that time and this is now. My Mum might lament not seeing Port beat Sturt in front of 60,000 at Adelaide Oval again, but she was there and that was then and this is now.

I completely understand why so many are so angered by what has happened, but on the other hand I don't truly believe that enough people made enough noise at the time to truly influence the decision. Some admirable "sit ins" at Woodville Oval with some A3 cardboard or a printed banner are, in essence, small fry compared to the riches the clubs were offered.

Again, money talks and it's never been louder in the ears of SANFL club boards than in 2014. They didn't need $40,000 desperately in 1989.... ;) but that was then and this is now.
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you think there were clubs that didn't need $40k in 1989, you'd probably need to look back in history. Even the Maggies were struggling financially in the 80s (when Russell was coaching?). Heck, the VFL evolved into what it is today because clubs were in financial strife.

As for $40k, our clubs sold out for a pittance. $40k is not going to solve the problems of those clubs in financial strife. Clubs will always be and always have been in strife - then and now. But they will keep going on and then it will be another club's turn to face financial stress. That's the way it's always been - then and now.

The financial dividends to go to the clubs are being over played when discussing the reasons for what has occurred. There was self-interest and pressure to do as the big boys, for the 'bigger picture', asked - for mine, these were the main reasons clubs caved.

From what I can gather, of the clubs that held meetings to discuss the issue, their boards went against the wishes of the supporters of their club anyway, so a greater noise than "sit ins at Woodville Oval" or a "printed banner" wouldn't have done anything. Furthermore, there is no way that the SANFL fans could compete against the sheer noise, media or fan base, made by those with an investment in the AFL clubs.

I won't, as stated earlier, tell you what your club is, I won't even call you Warfie Scum, but to think we, as fans, could've stopped what was preordained is hard to stomach.

There's no doubt clubs have always struggled financially, but there is no doubt that none of the clubs ever thought in 1989 that there demise was a possibility. They now know that it is a stark reality. They also know the best way to avoid such a disaster is to not bite the hand that ultimately feeds them and that, sadly, isn't the members or supporters. It's the SANFL circa 1980's and now the SANFL as a subservient slave to the AFL circa 2014.

Don't for one minute think promises of all you can eat's and drinks in the members at AO didn't sway the odd self serving president or board member either.

And yes, what was in all reality a preordained matter is not one that I'm going to lose sleep over. If I could do nothing about it in the first place, why would I spend time being angered by it now? For mine it's the reality of the situation and little 'ol me wasn't gonna stop it. I'm not happy about it, I don't agree with it.....but where to now?

You can give it away, some have. You can go support someone else. Some have. You can try and make the most of whats left. I am.

Life's too short for me to spend time getting cranky over it. I'm married with kids, work full time and have plenty of other commitments, I've got plenty of cranky pills to swallow as it is!! :lol:
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People/clubs that hold back clearances on players for no reason.
This day and age, everything is a click of a button away, how hard is it just to get it done FFS!!

Probably trying to work out if they can pay him as much as you are?

*Only having a crack in lieu of recent media about player payments in amateur league. I know nothing of either clubs situation. :lol:
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

Crows won't win though.
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Poor Ol' Warnie is really struggling after his breakup with Liz Hurley.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertain ... 6936559988

**** the bloke who used to be Warnie.
by Booney
Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

That's their breaks for the rest of the year. (If my quick adding was correct)

Sounds like geelong folk trying to make excuses for finally losing a game

Well according to bullshit theories they might as well play their reserves the two games they have 6 day breaks unless the sports scientists and teams of analysts can solve the riddle of how to possible recover with only 144 hours between games.

It kind of reminds me of the year that everyone got a hard on for teams not being able to win the week after playing in Perth. :roll: HTFU!!!

Vanessa, Benny.

Three six day breaks in succession DOES take a toll on the energy levels of the players (although it's not unexpected of a Crows fan in particular to understand the nature of a tough draw seeing as they never seem to get one). Especially when the opposition is coming off the bye. I watch Geelong every week and I've never seen us cooked in the first five minutes of the game. It was obvious to anyone who really watches the game. We wouldn't have beaten Sydney off seven days break at the SCG without Lonnegan and Enright but there was no spread or defensive run from the Cats and we didn't suddenly become Richmond overnight.

I don't know about bullshit theories but I know it's considered an advantage to have a week off during the finals and they avoid scheduling six day breaks during and leading up to the finals wherever they can. Hmm, wonder why that is? If you want to keep your head in the sand you should be out there helping Hockey defend his budget instead of wasting time on this forum LOL.

regards,

REB

It's because after 3 pre-season games, 22 H&A games and training since November the year before the teams finishing higher on the ladder deserve an advantage.

6 day breaks two weeks after the mid season break aren't to hard to handle/cater for with training loads, surely?
by Booney
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

Just creeped his facebook. The way he talks about his opponents, as well as calling Malthouse a flog, is pretty damning and shows what kind of idiot he is.

Here's a couple of things -

So mad at that flog Malthouse right now.

He's cost me 3 brownlow votes.

Just got a message from Tom 'Meat Head' Hawkins asking if I could sit this round out. Sorry bro, but you're not getting a kick this week son.

#goldenfist

Tom Hawkins? Never heard of him sorry.

#bootlife

Fuqq da magpieZ

You really think that's his actual Facebook page? :shock:
by Booney
Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

How did this get to 5 pages?

I haven't read any of it.....Sherrin's work fine, it's the people kicking it that are broken.
by Booney
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Used to like it but don't care if I never heard it again

I'm almost at that point with anything by The Beatles.
Given we're coming up to another anniversary of their visit to Adelaide and we'll hear lots more about the size of the population went out to see them, I'm pretty certain I'll have reached that point by the end of next week.

Agreed, but.....I am going to watch Chris Cheney, Phil Jamieson, Josh Pyke, Tim Rogers with a 21 piece rock orchestra play the White Album in it's entirety at the Festival Theater in a few weeks.

As a big Living End and Grinspoon and You am I fan I'm looking forward to seeing these guys put their own spin on it and would expect the show to include some classics from each of those ensembles to finish off the night.
by Booney
Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

still dont have higher crowds than us though...

meh ive never believed in having a go at anyone else for barracking for their side. or even laughing at a side in general. i mean imagine being a richmond supporter. cant kick a man when he is down like that.

the crows wont win a flag this year, im quite happy for port to win it. so long as you dont be smug cnts about it. deal? :D

If it was to occur, I'm not prepared to make promises that I can't keep. ;)

As for laughing at other supporters, as for taking it easy on Richmond/Carlton fans, **** that! I love heaping shit on both of them, they make me laugh and entertain me no end. :lol:
by Booney
Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

Had never even considered this style of points system, but on first glance, it seems reasonable. If they want to replicate Test Cricket, why don't they have 5 Day matches?

Agreed. Bowlers get match conditioned, batsman know they can build and innings, captains can employ tactics accordingly.

If anyone tells me it would cost too much......bite me. ;)
by Booney
Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

dedja wrote:They are the Glenelg of politics ...

Worse. unbelievably.

These guys only have one other team to beat.
by Booney
Thu May 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Warren Tredrea, Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee.

During the period of 2001, 2002 (49 goals ),2003 (58) ,2004 (81) Tredders stood tall as the best CHF in the game.

Widely regarded as the hardest position to play on the field Tredrea stood out as the best player for 4 consecutive years in that position and in 2004 was one of the stand out players in the competition. 81 goals from CHF in a Premiership year. =D>

All part of a stellar career that started as a 17 year old SANFL Premiership player. This bloke was and is a bloody champion of our game and deserves his induction as an Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee.

Port Adelaide from birth, Port Adelaide forever. Good onya Tredders!!!!

Team :

AFL Premiership (Port Adelaide): 2004
AFL McClelland Trophy (Port Adelaide): 2002, 2003, 2004
AFL Wizard Cup (Port Adelaide): 2002
SANFL Premiership (Port Adelaide): 1996

Individual:

All-Australian: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (vice-captain)
AFL Norwich Rising Star Nomination: 1998
AFL Coaches Association 'Champion Player of the Year' Award: 2004
AFL Players Association 'Champion Player of the Year' Award: 2003 (3rd place), 2004 (3rd place)
John Cahill Medal: 2001, 2004, 2005, 2009
John Cahill Medal 'Runner-Up': 1999, 2002, 2003
Port Adelaide F.C. Captain: 2004, 2006–2008
Port Adelaide F.C. Life Membership: 2005 induction
Port Adelaide F.C. Leading Club Goalkicker award: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009[40]
Port Adelaide F.C. Most career AFL goals: 549[41]
Port Adelaide F.C. Most goals in an AFL game: 8 (Round 7, 1998)[40]
Port Adelaide F.C. Most Improved Player award: 1998, 1999
Herald Sun Player of the Year Award: 2004
3AW Player of the Year Award: 2004
The Advertiser Player of the Year: Award 2004
Triple M Player of the Year Award: 2004
The Age Player of the Year Award: 2004
West End Showdown Medal XVI: 2004
Peter Badcoe VC Medal 2005 round 5
SANFL Hall of Fame Inductee 2012
Australian Football Hall of Fame Inductee 2014
by Booney
Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stoked that Andrew McLeod has been inducted into the hall of fame, a thoroughly deserved accolade for him. I will forever have the memory of him accepting his norm smiths with tears in his eyes. I wonder if he will ever get into coaching at an AFL level?

Absolute jet in his day and one that would have played well into his 30's if not for a debilitating knee injury. We probably missed out on 2-3 years of McLeod magic when his knee couldn't hold up any more.

IMO, the greatest AFC player since their inception.

Don't forget, he and Mrs.McLeod gave us the "Edwards incident" too. :lol:
by Booney
Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - live scores, results & gas bagging.

Just looking at the AFL player ratings - Interesting that we have 3 mids in the overall top 25, wouldn't have thought Fyfe ranked below Danger, Sloane and Douglas. Barlow not even in top 100 - these ratings are a bit off me thinks. Freo dont have any in the top 20, Hill is their highest mid at 23...

Troy Chaplin was/is the number 7/8 key defender.

Stick your ratings.... ;)
by Booney
Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was great to catch you blokes. Was a good night.

Well, until I hit the Cas for an hour, picked up a couple of hundred.

Then woke up 3 stops past my stop on the train! D'oh!
by Booney
Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bays09 wrote:i was taking the piss beacuse he somehow got named best on gorund on the afl website match summary

I thought you were taking the piss, but he did get named best on the AFL site!!!!! I guess the bloke reviewing the game thought his one touch in the second half was inspiring! :lol: :lol: :lol:
by Booney
Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bays09 wrote:Cameron a chance for a rising star nom?

That's how bad you're travelling.

Kicks 3 in a half, has one touch after half time and gets named in your best......now you want him to get a Rising Star nomination?
by Booney
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WORST SONG EVER

W.A.F.W.

4:14 of self indulgence. I bet you can't sit through it......

by Booney
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Howes was more important, as it was a defensive mark, whereas Wingard was inside the forward 50 and therefore given the importance of the mark at the stage of the match, id go with Howe

but they still have a long long long way to go to beat God over Pert at the G'

Howe and Wingard actually marked theirs.
by Booney
Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I grew up watching Agro's Cartoon Connection . I wish it was more this though...

hPD_RHVFlys

I've got a VHS from the early 1980's that includes this and loads of other footage. I think my old man got it when he was doing courier work and C7 was part of his customer base.

I'd say it was a Xmas tape that the editing department put together of Agro bloopers, off air new anchor arguments and cock ups, on air bloopers and take after take of people screwing up.

There's one of the old Sydney news reader and his chick off sider having a massive ding dong about these Uni people protesting over some shit, he fires off "hippy scum" this and "dead end no hopers" that, she hits back with plenty. I reakon it was before they started filming the nightly session and the tape shows them during the news crossing to each other, the daggers are gold!
by Booney
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive (Sat 14/6

:roll:

Adelaide to keep the Doggies season going in the right direction. Adelaide by 33. That better?
by Booney
Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |