Re: MLB 2018

Walk off, bottom of 11 for the Astros.

by Booney
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Nicks has been told he's got the job apparently

Has known for a few days. I read somewhere Adelaide held off announcing it to give Port clear air for their copied, sorry new logo for 150 years.
Your club is an absolute shambles and you're still just trying to cast stones :lol: :lol:

One well know Twitter draft guru was asked if Grundy would be interested in joining Adelaide, the response was "Would he leave a powerhouse club in the premiership window for the burning zoo that is the Adelaide FC?"

Burning. Zoo.

:lol:
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did have it happen once where the business told me i was unsuccesful only for their number 1 to fall through on company car details.

They rang me a week later and were really honest i was number 2 but now they wanted me.

Dont worry i stretched it out......and then positioned myself to take every cent available because i knew their 2 other applicants were miles below my level so they couldnt really afford not to take me now.

So you accepted the job, this is exactly how it should work.

Fagan just needs to call Yze and let him know he missed out, provide some feedback on why he wasn't successful and let him know should Nicks not accept the role we will be back in touch, not real hard!

Now the Crows look completely unprofessional.

They would look very unprofessional if Yze knew Nicks had the job before Nicks did.
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I take it all back. :lol:

by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

woodublieve12 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Co-Captain Ollie Wines requested a trade to Carlton but Carlton weren’t interested.

Bwaah!!!

Swans also signed Buddy from the Hawks

keep up

I can just see him shielding his eyes from the bright light as he emerges from under his bridge.
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Adelaide fans :

We want a review, we want dead wood gone, we want cultural change.

Adelaide FC :

Ok.

Port fans :

We don't want you to trade Howard, we value him too much.

Port Adelaide FC :

Get ******.
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Page 150!

Happy Birthday PAFC.
by Booney
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jenkins....this is brilliant either way. :lol:
by Booney
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

St Kilda get Brad Hill
Fremantle get Blake Acres, picks 10, 58 and future 2nd round and future 4th round

:shock:

OVERS!
by Booney
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Crows

The last two years have been an unmitigated disaster for the Crows — and the sting was still being felt this trade period. Alex Keath, Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Josh Jenkins, Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Hugh Greenwood all found new homes. That’s a massive shake up of the list. Over to you, Matthew Nicks.

Port Adelaide

While Dougal Howard mightn’t be the biggest household name, among the Power faithful he’s highly rated. Kane Cornes labelled Howard’s trade to St Kilda as a complete disaster, saying “Port Adelaide have completed botched this one in my opinion”. Cornes also suggested the club had given up too much for Ryder. The exit of Billy Frampton wasn’t as earth shattering, but the club’s inability to land Orazio Fantasia was rather flattening.

Adelaide: Not sure what we really lost out of that lot. Keath I would have liked to keep. I can see why they would think 'losers' but depends which strategy you look at it from.

Port: Howard is a massive mistake. When he is coming over the top and spoiling Dixon at Adelaide Oval next year, watch the unwashed start to boo Kenny. Got some good draft picks to play with and like Adelaide, probably need to judge them in 2-3 years. Unwashed, so you mean all of them?

I wash mine. You should see how fast I can do it.
by Booney
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

MW wrote:
mal wrote:SEN radio show , mornings with K Dillon and M Rucci
On several occasions, between some adds there is a whispered voice
The voice sounds like is saying Tom Tom or Tum Tum
What is the meaning of this ?

How Rucci hasn't decked Dillon yet is beyond me.

How anyone can tune is actually beyond me.
by Booney
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I couldn’t work that one out either

Borlase played 246 games for Port Adelaide, the ruling is that players who played 200 SANFL games before Port's entry in 1997 qualify as father son. At that time, Borlase had played 196.

In the years after Daryl and Jenny Borlase went and lived in the middle East, that's where James was born. As a player not born in Australia he's subject to the Next Generation rule and Adelaide listed him as an academy player.

Makes sense? :lol:
by Booney
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Rebel Raider passed away JK mal

Prior to Rebel Raider winning at $101 and $81 (fixed) in the 2008 Derby.

After pulling a roughie out in the Caulfield Cup ( sorry I didnt post it in here as I only picked it an hour before the race ) I have done some looking at the Derby tomorrow and I dont mind Rebel Raider at E/W odds.

I can see Whobegotyou coming to the end of a great run and with the extra 500m to run I think it will tire and something from the back can get there.
by Booney
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:https://www.bunnings.com.au/everhang-11kg-flush-mount-picture-hanger_p3930583

Similar but won’t fit.

Try harder.

by Booney
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Booney
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Booney
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Brodlach wrote:Cooper gone for 69

6/152

Bedge's first and only 1st class wicket.
by Booney
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Cheers lads, off to a brewery for the afternoon. Things are looking up!
by Booney
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

******* ticking!
by Booney
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Quite drunk.
by Booney
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:If Booney will be fresh as a daisy for work tomorrow morning?

No.
by Booney
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Got a $150 voucher from mum for my birthday for the new Marion Hotel. So my partner and myself booked a room and will be staying there saturday night... Actually looks really good... Will also be my first drink all month... So i am looking forward to Saturday :D

We did that job, rooms are well done.
by Booney
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Shouldn't really laugh, but couldn't help it.. missus just sent me a video of Jnr Bedge (2) who called her a f*** head for not opening his window. :shock: :lol:

Dunno where he's picked that up from..

My Mrs runs an OHSC, her best friend works in the kindy, some of the stuff they cop from the kids, whilst a sad reflection of the kids home life is hilarious.

One kid was calling every one a "fat head c....", then, when told to go and do something else "Ok, I'm going to go a write c.... then".

by Booney
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port 2
Centrals new coach 0
by Booney
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When it finally clicks......

Spent two mornings looking at the gyprocker amber_fluid put me onto, wondering how I knew him. *Click*

He played full back for Lockleys C grade, wore a long sleeve guernsey, number 24 and never kicked it to me. We're talking '92-'94 or thereabouts.

Yep, he couldn't believe I remember that much detail either.
by Booney
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spargo wrote:@PatowalongaPirate welcomed a new tiger cub to the world yesterday.
Daughter #2

Was he in Adelaide for it?

#putyournappybinsout
by Booney
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

This absolute classic turns 50 today.

by Booney
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have a job interview for a promotion at work on Friday afternoon. Trouble is I've never really been in an interview before, and not too sure what the go is, what to expect etc.

Anyone have any tips???

When they ask what do you do outside of work you say "Hookers and cocaine", perfect ice breaker and sure to get many lol's.
by Booney
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

"What is and what should never be", one of my favourite Zeppelin tracks.
Yeah, love the 'light and shade' contrast approach in that song. Listening to it right now. JPJ shows why he's IMHO rock's greatest bassist (also on the 'Lemon Song').

'Ramble On' is another of the more 'mellow' tunes off that album that I love listening to - and even the Tolkien nerds can get something out of it!

I don't think JPJ is underrated by anyone whose opinion I value. ;)
by Booney
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Getting pictures from my step-Dad with some massive blueys he's catching over at Vincent. :twisted:
by Booney
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Having a mobile carvery lunch at work, I forgot we were having it and brought my chicken salad in, that's in the fridge for tomorrow now while I suffer a food coma for the remainder of the day.

Something light for lunch, perfect.
by Booney
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

I haven't heard anyone say Mickey Mouse.

I assume someone called out "Any dinosaurs want to comment?" though.
by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ricky Gervais, in Humanity :

People take everything personally. They think the world revolves around them, particularly on Twitter. I’m not tweeting anyone, I’m just tweeting. I don’t know who’s following me. I’ve got 12 million followers. They can be following me without me knowing, choose to read my tweet, and then take that personally. That’s like going into a town square, seeing a big noticeboard saying “Guitar lessons”, and you go, “But I don’t ******* want guitar lessons!” What’s this? There’s a number here. Right, call that. Are you giving guitar lessons? I don’t ******* want any! Fine! It’s not for you, then. Just walk away. Don’t worry about it.

This is what I think of when I see someone has logged onto their computer, opened their browser, opened the website, logged in, clicked into the forum, posted their message. *BANG* goes the full stop at the end.

by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"I DON'T WANT ******* GUITAR LESSONS!!" :lol:
by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you don't think today's players crash in and hit as hard as any era what are you watching? Harder and faster than any era.
by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks, marketing department. Thanks a lot.
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Hadn't been sleeping particularly well recently so have started taking some Swisse Relax and Sleep tablets before bed. My dreams have been bizarre, to say the least.

Last night Spargo and I batted out 40 odd overs to avoid an outright loss, I was 70 odd not out, he was 50 odd not out. I was most reserved, I was even blocking some, that's how strange it was!

Absolutely bizarre.
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Not sure what I'm enjoying more....the fun people are having with this on social media, or the butt hurt from the Port apologists talking about the Camry Crows :lol: :lol:

I'm just lapping it all up, I think it's all great, I'm sitting here, clapping, happily.
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Hadn't been sleeping particularly well recently so have started taking some Swisse Relax and Sleep tablets before bed. My dreams have been bizarre, to say the least.

Last night @Spargo and I batted out

Can't say you're selling them well mate

I slept well though, so there's that.
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

The guests are an interesting mix. I had no children so just a few friends and a few close cousins at my end.
The rest are her connections; a few politicians, various local and interstate TV industry people, and theatre people - actors and directors.

PS: I recently had a go at appearing on stage as a drunken, pushy, millionaire interested in investing in a winery, in an internal play rehearsal for a new play being considered for production. (She cheekily said I was "type cast". I had to spank her for that !)

https://i.imgur.com/klYV1Ph.gif
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quiet weekends. Well, I will when this coming weekend is upon us. I've had something either Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday for 9 weeks in a row.

I love the lifestyle the Mrs and I live, with adult children we're free to live our lives and we sure do, but I am flat out keen for a weekend of just pottering around the house to some tunes and a couple of lazy days.

Almost guaranteed that between me putting in this last full stop and Friday afternoon something comes up.
by Booney
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quiet weekends. Well, I will when this coming weekend is upon us. I've had something either Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday for 9 weeks in a row.

I love the lifestyle the Mrs and I live, with adult children we're free to live our lives and we sure do, but I am flat out keen for a weekend of just pottering around the house to some tunes and a couple of lazy days.

Almost guaranteed that between me putting in this last full stop and Friday afternoon something comes up.

DERBY DAY!!!

Even better, something to watch on the box.
by Booney
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sean Lock.

Skip through to the 3 minute mark where Rachel Riley puts her mask and helmet on. :lol:

by Booney
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:Something tells me Mods would have pulled a 16.

I doubt he would have pulled anything from '91 'til about '96.
by Booney
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:
am Bays wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
Something tells me Mods would have pulled a 16.

;)

I see what you did there ;)

Lied?
by Booney
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

beef wrote:The politically correct police squad. Anything that is said that may offend anyone and you're a dinosaur or out of touch with the world.

I'm not offended by people not liking AFLW, I just don't understand why they keep going out of their way to tell us. We get it, you don't like it, move on.
by Booney
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

DOC wrote:Which station has 100% Crows people on it?

Penberthy and Goodings in the morning, Rowe and Bickley in the afternoon, Cunningham and Cornes on Saturday.....
by Booney
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Enjoy the school concerts while you can, before you know it they're 23 and 19 and life is flashing bye.
by Booney
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |