Search found more than 7245 matches

Return

Re: Things that make you laugh

The Ash Man wrote:How many Collingwood supporters could afford a new car? :)

Everyone of them, it only costs them 6 months good behaviour when they get caught. ;)
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Having to put 70c worth of stamps on the post at work. And since we have a massive stash of 60c stamps, I have to add 10c stamps to every one of them. Not too bad, except the 10c-ies arent adhesive, so we had to fashion a moistener out of a small container, a sponge-scourer and water.

I now know what it was like in 1986...

Posted from my Hermes 3000 typewriter

This is bizarre - but as I was reading this, I was posting some tourist info for a member and accidently grabbed an old (and I mean old) envelope.

which without realising, I licked* and then the taste hit me - and now I hope I don't die.

http://www.carriagebeforemarriage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/susan-licks-invitations.png
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dr SAFOOTY what's wrong with yoooooooooou ?

Some beers have up to 34mg/l of magnesium.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/beer_Nutrition.htm

Beer has been brewed for just about as long as humans have been cultivating crops. It's made with some very healthy ingredients: hops, brewer's yeast, barley and malt. Beer is a good source of folate, niacin, magnesium, potassium and niacin.

Once again, beer is the answer.

Next question?
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Geezus, I naturally assumed they'd show North v Nor wood on Anzac Day?

And clash with the Collingwood v Essendon game? The only way would be to play earlier in the day like the Dogs and 'Legs did on the weekend and the Anzac Day march would prevent that happening.

Perhaps the Norwood v North game should have been a twilight fixture and followed the Collingwood v Essendon match if the SANFL wanted more C7 exposure?
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Well, now I know it's that kind of "working bee"......I'll need the following ( in no particular order ) :

- A chair ( It might need to be moved at some point depending on my thermal comfort levels )
- A shady spot ( I mean out of the sun, not a "shady" spot )
- An esky
- Ice
- Box of Pale Ale
- People to direct. ( Obviously coherent people who acknowledge orders would be good )
- Dinner ( I'll advise when I'm ready )
- Some mood music for the slaves.....I mean helpers.
- Either a cab charge or lift home.

Supply that, a time and a place* and I'll be there.
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

The question of a breakdown of 'Magpie' supporters and Power supporters is a very valid one as many 'Magpie' supporters have traditionally followed Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Carlton etc in the AFL/ VFL. Many haven't changed from that with the advent of a Port AFL franchise. So if there were hardly anyone with solely 'Magpies' clobber on you'd guess they've walked away from being lied to by those running the AFL franchise and that their SANFL club has been pimped out for other needs considered to be more important.
I had this very conversation with a Magpies supporter (who followed Essendon in the AFL) last year at the Sturt game at alberton. He was gutted and wasn't sure what he'd do this year.

In the bowling club? If so, he was there yesterday.

Yep. With a tall ranga with a banjo?

Yep, I know who you're talking about.

:lol:
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dr SAFOOTY what's wrong with yoooooooooou ?

Tennis elbow
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouch
Whats the cure ?
Having Physio twice a week
Slow improvement so far

Right, I've got it.

Tennis elbow is caused by the elbow being bent too often with the palm facing down and not enough with the palm facing up

It is impossible to lift up a beer, or indeed carry a carton of beer like this :

http://breddydotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/arms-bent-palms-down.jpg?w=461&h=614

However, it is possible to lift a beer up to your mouth like this, while it is also lesson 1 in carton carrying class 101 :

http://breddydotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/arms-bent-palms-up.jpg?w=461&h=614

I suggest carrying one carton of beer from the bottle shop counter to your car, palms face up, perhaps once per week.

Also, avoid lifting any beers with the back of your hand. This will eliminate spills and unwated tennis elbow.

Answer : It's beer.

Next question?
by Booney
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't blame him for asking. A lot of you that follow the power now are second hand Collingwood supporters remember ;)

Oh no, not this little black duck. Port Adelaide has been in my bloodlines for 4 generations, it was only Jason Dunstall that alerted me to Hawthorn and they were my team in the VFL/AFL until Port Adelaide joined. I never truly followed the Hawks with the passion of the PAFC though.
by Booney
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

Just saw the artist I have had some work done by on Tuesday night looking at my next piece.

I might see if we can fit in getting my username done to. Just like this..... :lol:

by Booney
Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Here I was thinking this thread was going to discuss the Magpies and Eagles game.

Pretty sure every post match Magpies thread this season will be a waste of time.
by Booney
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

How rude was everyone else's alarm clock this morning?

Mine was highly offensive.
by Booney
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

My cordless drill battery went flat right in the middle of doing some fence work around the house yesterday.

I missed the Sydney and Brisbane quaddie on Saturday in the last legs only.

Oh, and the Magpies didn't kick as straight as they should......just so the thread stays on track.
by Booney
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Again Kickinit heads off on the completely wrong tangent :roll:

Get it back to the thread topic or it will be locked.....
Maybe you should try deleting his posts if you feel he is constantly taking threads off topic.

What's the point of having rules if all you want to do is lock a thread when a habitual troll is only interested in ...... Trolling
Hey guess what... That's another rule of the site isn't it, no trolling.

Come on Mods, do the right thing and get these idiots off the boards

Perhaps managing the amount of mindless, never ending, round-and-round in circles anti-AFL in SANFL debate might keep good posters here too?
by Booney
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Mr Fuller wrote:Eagles 8.3 51
Power 15.19 109
Power far too dominant in all aspects. Believe it or not, the scoreboard flattered the eagles as the power hit the post a couple of times and most of their behinds were all shots on goal.

"Most" of them? :shock: :lol:
by Booney
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Mildura Brewery Mallee Bull.....kick you, well, like a bull! Nice.

Little Creatures Pale I like, and Squires Lashes are nice too.
by Booney
Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Matt Rendell - Racist or Realist?

Some would say both.

By highlighting that some indigenous players need different support mechanisms to be successful AFL footballers can and would be seen by some as racist. Not me though. It's 100% understandable that some players need different support.

You could say any 18 year old drafted interstate would need tailored support networks to help them thrive. Some go home mid-week when they can ( I know Port encourage the first and second year draftees to ) and some would love being out of home, regardless of colour or creed.

Racism and what it is for mine is a very personal thing.

I for one believe we should celebrate and appreciate our differences and not use them as reason to belittle or inflict pain upon each other.

So, was Rendell racist or being a realist? If it offended indigenous people, it's most likely racist. If indigenous people acknowledged that it was also truthful, then it's realist.

It's a fine, fine line we walk and sadly I don't ever see a time when we won't as a society. That's sad.
by Booney
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

johntheclaret wrote:Any chance this thread can be objective instead of a slagging match

Now, Johnny boy, did you think there was ever any possibility of that happening when you started the thread. Really?
by Booney
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd say no TV coverage at all ( the SANFL couldn't afford to pay someone to do it as they would get reduced revenue ) and reduced ( which is minimal now ) print media coverage. As a result, less sponsorship.

Less sponsorship, less monies in the clubs.....you do the maths.

The result would be catastrophic.
by Booney
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry Booney, you were right as another thread turns to shit. Bet you weren't expecting it to be one of the Pro Ressie posters to bring it down though :evil: :roll:

Not just this thread Johnny, the whole SANFL forum has turned to shit. Every thread is filled with anti-Port anti-Adelaide sentiment, FFS, there's even a ladder that doesn't acknowledge the two sides existence! Talk about head-in-the sand denial. Quite laughable that people are that immature. :lol:

If all the people who simply threatened to walk away from the competition all together in among the heat of debate last year actually did, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Sure, long standing SANFL fans lost to the competition is not a good thing, but constant pissing and moaning about wanting the good 'ol days back simply won't bring them back.

And nothing, nothing ads more to a game review thread than asking "What scarves were people wearing?" :roll: :lol:
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eddie McGuire calling Kane Cornes an "old c*** err campaigner".

:lol:
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And they would have been wearing Norwood hats and scarves. Very important to remember benny. ;)
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn it! I want the SANFL to be like it was in the good 'ol days. Now we've got "Showdowns" in Clare and a commercial network broadcasting games to a wider TV audience all the while 10,000 are going to Glenelg on a Friday night.

I liked it better when the Bays lost in front of 2800 people.
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Soft month for the Crows coming up, they'll be 4-3 and Advertiser/ SA media will once again tout them contenders

My comment after the Crows were 0-3.. one week closer to being a prophet :lol: :P 8)

Could have made it a profit if you were clever. ;)
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:Possible but not probable? Not really, basically impossible and not something that any AFL club would have to worry about.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for "Cons" now.

FFS Booney this isn't the Pro's and Con's topic

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH shit. Sorry to everyone involved. ;)
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

carey wrote:So let me get this right Dutchy are you implying that Port are no good?

Certainly sounds like it......

He just doesn't :

1 - Rate anyone they have played
2 - If he does rate them they must have had a shorter break than Port, giving Port the advantage.
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Northern Areas gossip

Had the pleasure of watching Orroroo host BMW on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of footy on show on what might be the biggest ground I've ever seen. That oval is massive.

BMW too strong in the midfield and as the game opened up they ran harder and used the ball better than Orroroo.
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

All you Port and Crows boys and girls, instead of whinging and whining, how about just don't read the thread. You know it's about. I have no interest in the AFL. Do you see me in that forum making flaming posts?

You whine on about how every thread is hijacked by the anti afl mob but most of the crap that starts drags a topic down is posted by one of your lot.

If you truly think this ladder and the thread associated to it is valid, worthy of discussion and worth more than a pinch of shit I'll stay right away.

Then again, if you think it's pretty childish and has no real bearing on anything at all, other than another form of whinging I'd say we agree. ;)
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

tipper wrote:i though you being an "older" model Psyb that it would have been a serial port rather than a usb. been in for a refit have we? ;)

I think it's more the 3 1/2" floppy that worries him.
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Herald Sun Team of the Century

No offence, how does Jesaulenko get a gig? Was it because of mark that everyone knows him for?
3x leading goal kicker and 444 goals in 279 games, i'm sure there are plenty with much better records than that

Showing your lack of age there ... lad.

Also showing a bit of knowledge. His mark was a ripper and he was better than average but not IMO worthy of such an accolade as Team of the Century honors.
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

Is anyone going to bring pies for Wundke, a nightlight for Ainger and a dummy for Boyd...... ;)

I guess you can look at it two ways.

These blokes all chose to leave either to seek greater opportunities elsewhere, or they simply wanted to leave South Adelaide. South fans might want to consider the latter and why.Either way, can you blame them?

Should be a good game with the Eagles best placed I would think to unrest the league leaders. Good forward line those Eagles have.

WWT by 22 points.
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

PM sent for one.

Secondly, I'd say a soldering iron. From memory I used one at high school to do a similar thing.
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have Westies Imploded?

I think it's because Port and Adelaide now have all their players in their own SANFL sides. I knew this would happen.
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

bennymacca wrote:The shadows on the field you idiot :)

You'll be pissed at a night match, there's 4 x's as many shadows!! :lol:
by Booney
Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

4 x's as many as the rest of us. ;)
by Booney
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

The great Port forward lines of the 90's mentioned above forgot the great Spiro Melakelis!
by Booney
Fri May 02, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:@Booney having beers at work on a Friday already :evil:

:partyman:

\:D/

:-BD

Go **** yourself

Right, I'm back. What now?
by Booney
Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They missed Betts yesterday. When's he due back?
by Booney
Sun May 04, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

When someone is destroying themself in front of you and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it happening. And you cop it if you try. I've had issues with drinking and depression and all sorts of s*** but I don't know how to deal with someone who's an alcoholic.

Been trying to get brother-in-law to rehab for years. It's difficult when they just don't want to.

Been dealing with a work colleague/mate in recent months who lost his marriage through his alcohol abuse. Family interstate have proven to be no chop and I'm the only one who cares enough to help. Any mates he had here have deserted him long ago.

Had another rough weekend while trying to help him move his stuff out of his house to hand the keys over to his ex.....got there yesterday to someone not capable of standing and talking let alone palletizing belongings for interstate transport.

Easier to give up on him, but that's what he want's....so I wont. Bloody tough though.
by Booney
Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - Adelaide v Port Reserves Post Match

JK wrote:The two clubs have something like 1 million supporters between them don't they?

by Booney
Mon May 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Anything remotely related to Star Wars

Can honestly state I have never watched any of the Star Wars trilogy, sequel, prequel, wankathon and have zero intention of ever doing so.
by Booney
Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Received a gift last week of a bottle of 12 year old Canadian Club.

Yum.O.
by Booney
Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

woodublieve12 wrote:One direction at AAMI early next year :(

It's been One Direction at Adelaide Oval this year too.....directly at Port's goal front and directly over the Adelaide full backs head! :lol:

*Boom tish*
by Booney
Wed May 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:i can't believe a round to celebrate women in our game and the Adelaide crows have the bye...

Tippo's back though.
by Booney
Fri May 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - live scores, results and chin wagging.

I dont know why they feel like they have to split it over 3 rounds instead of 2.

If they did it over 2, had 10 teams having 1 bye, and 8 in the next round, it means we would have 5 games in 1 round, and 4 in the next. still covering most timeslots, but getting the split round out of the way earlier. It bloody sucks for AFL fantasy too, and given over 200k people have fantasy teams these days, I actually think that is a relevant consideration

Mate, anything that's termed "fantasy" should have absolutely zero bearing on anything that's actually real. Sorry, but you can stick the importance of your fantasy team up your, well, fantasy. ;)

Just have a weekend off altogether dead bang in the middle of the season. Play 12 rounds, everyone has a week off. Even the most ardent of football junkies will survive a weekend without AFL footy.

In fact, the AFL should make it "Grass Roots Round" and encourage all football people to go to SANFL, VFL, WAFL games or go round the corner and watch some parklands footy and buy a steak sanger and a beer to support your local club. That would be better than any split round ever, IMHO. ( Mainly because I thought it up! :lol: )
by Booney
Mon May 12, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

he was asking a question, and said he hasnt been reading up on the issues. WTF?

No, you're right. There wasn't a single atom of smart ar*ed sarcasm in the question.

I humbly apologise.

Just wanted to check and I figured here was the best spot.

Does Topsy still follow the SANFL or does he just pop in from time to time and kick the shit can over?

I'd assume he'd be in this thread a bit, so here's the spot to ask.

???
by Booney
Mon May 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many measured posts from everyone opposed to the two new teams do you AFL supporting hacks need to freaking get it?

Put really, really simply the introduction of two clubs whose goals are not shared by the rest of the competition and who play under a different set of rules destroys the integrity of the competition as a whole.

Their strength or weakness as teams is neither here nor there.

Still haven't answered my earlier question. You still follow the SANFL, or just shit can it?
by Booney
Mon May 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:Still haven't answered my earlier question. You still follow the SANFL, or just shit can it?

And I'm treating the question with the disdain it deserves.

Figured it would be an easy one to answer. Never mind.
by Booney
Mon May 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port v Sturt - Post Match wrap up

Port 19.12 126
Sturt 11.10 76

Port hit the lead early with 2.4 and about 8 inside 50's before Sturt hit the scoreboard with a couple of quick goals, from there it was a pretty scrappy affair at times. Port had a few injuries after half time and the third quarter was an absolute snooze fest as Port played "keepies off" to limit the amount of transition play, giving those in the midfield very short stints on the bench with rotations limited. Wasn't very attractive play for the third quarter.

Not many highlights, I think it was Coad who took a screamer in the goal square at the Northern End, Biemans was excellent for Port all day along with Clurey who kept Duldig pretty much out of the game.

Paul Stewart, Jake Neade and Ben Newton ( probably BOG again ) were also important for the 'Pies.

Kirkwood, Tambling and Coad were all consistent performers for the Double Blues.

Right on half time Henry Slattery found a Blues players ( apologies as I missed who it was ) turning blind out of a pack and Slattery hit him hard, looked to be shoulder to shoulder with a clash of heads leaving the Sturt player flat out and needing to be stretchered off while Slattery was also worse for wear, neither player appeared for some time after half time. This was about the only time the crowd got involved throughout the day. Sturt fans I'm sure were taken back to the old "bloody Alberton Oval" days as they stood as one to give Port a vocal send off at half time.
by Booney
Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Safooty.net got a mention on the MMM Rush Hour tonight thanks to this issue. Good work Andrew whoever you are! :)
No worries. Bit disappointed by Roo tho who said the forum was mainly negative towards everything . Also wanted to say about players not necessarily up to SANFL standard getting games for the crows but didn't get the chance.

If you were to take just a fleeting glance that would be the impression you would get.
by Booney
Tue May 13, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt - Post Match wrap up

therisingblues wrote:
dedja wrote:Known as Who's My Dad Day at the wharfs ...

Or the day that twenty kids from the same household each visit 20 other different households.

The only thing better than a stereotypical joke is a shit stereotypical joke. TRB has gone to a clear leader.
by Booney
Tue May 13, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |