Search found more than 7245 matches

Return

Re: North Melbourne

MW wrote:7 touches last week and now this. Next step he will pull out for personal reasons*.

Same.
by Booney
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez booney boak can't go on forever.
Your midfield and with wines and jhf would be great around the stoppage.
Butters might want to go back to Melbourne anyway.
However, going to north would be a tough sell !

That's the bottom line, we, or Adelaide, would have to convince a player of top quality to go to North in a trade.
Take a player out of the equation, could your first round pick get the job done with a non a grader as the steak knives?

Depends how desperate North get to make a trade, his only way out at the end of next year is trade or preseason draft, which wouldn't work.

Basically if he says I want out they would need to facilitate a trade and a 1st rounder + a player wouldn't do it, not even close.
by Booney
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

PORT ADELAIDE marquee signing Erin Phillips has been selected to take part in the AFL’s Women’s Coaching Acceleration Program.

Successful applicants will be employed by their AFL club for at least two-years between now and 2025 and will work toward achieving a level 3 AFL coaching accreditation.

As part of the program, Phillips will be involved in a formal mentorship with Port Adelaide men’s head coach Ken Hinkley, who is also working closely with women’s head coach Lauren Arnell, to support her professional development.

Port Adelaide Head of AFLW Juliet Haslam is pleased the club can support Phillips’s development.

“Coaching is a promising future pathway for Erin and we’re thrilled she has chosen Port Adelaide to support her toward developing her career in elite sport.

“We are very passionate at our club about having strong, capable women in leadership roles and we are excited to see Erin take on this opportunity.”

AFL general manager women’s football Nicole Livingstone said the committee was impressed with all nine applications and the club's presentations.

“Pleasingly, all nine senior AFL coaches were not only in attendance, but genuinely spoke about their desire to have women coaching in their AFL programs,” Livingstone said.

"Today's announcement is a major step towards the AFL's Women's Football Vision 2021-2030, where we want to see 50 per cent of AFLW senior coaching positions held by women.

"In season seven, Bec Goddard, Natalie Wood and Lauren Arnell will all hold senior coaching roles.

"The Women's Coaching Acceleration program will expedite the development of the industry's best women coaches and increase the number of women in coaching roles across men's and women's programs."

The program will be overseen by a women’s senior coach acceleration steering committee, which includes Livingstone and former Australian Women’s cricket captain Belinda Clark.

Nine AFL clubs had female coaching candidates who were successful in their applications.

Port Adelaide: Erin Phillips
Adelaide Crows: Chelsea Randall
Brisbane Lions: Emma Zielke
Collingwood: Chloe McMillan
Essendon: Natalie Wood
Geelong Cats: Daisy Pearce
GWS GIANTS: Alicia Eva
Hawthorn: Bec Goddard
North Melbourne: to be announced
by Booney
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Wednesday night - State of Origin game 1
Thursday night - Richmond v Port
Friday night - Catch up with mates
Saturday night - Mrs Boon not home
Sunday - Catch up with mates
Monday - F*rk all.
by Booney
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's shit mate, hope they get through ok.
by Booney
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No recognised ruckman this week? No one available or strategy?

Strategy, Hayes has been crook and didn't train this week but will play SANFL. Finlayson, Dixon, Marshall and SPP around the ground will all get some time in there. Richmond are a bit smaller up front without Lynch so Aliir may even pop in there for a bit.
Richmond have been playing without a genuine ruckman since 2017 . Master stroke by Hardwick in the GF & complete lack of game awareness by the Crows to not counter the move. Carlton have used Silvagni & I saw SPP rucking for Port the other week. I think having a mobile tallish midfielder rather than a genuine ruckman is going to become the norm.

Toby Nankervis
199cm
102kg

Premierships 3 (2017,2019,2020)
Richmond Co-Captain 2022-

109 games (Richmond 97, Sydney 12)
by Booney
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Sunday sip with 6 mates about to kick off.
by Booney
Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:Cash is king.

I wonder what the drug dealers will do once we have a cashless society?

There will always be cash.
by Booney
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:Cash is king.

I wonder what the drug dealers will do once we have a cashless society?

Cash is no good anymore unless under $10k

I tried to deposit $14k in the bank and they wanted to know where I got it from

Ash tray in the Rolls?
by Booney
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Ex Glenelg mid year recruit Sam Durdin will play for Carlton tomorrow night.
by Booney
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to Alberton last night to see some herstory in the making, the first official training session for the AFLW side. The men formed a guard of honour as the girls made their way out and around 200 people cheered them onto the ground. Was good to be part of something that will only ever happen once. Can't wait to sit on the new deck at the Precinct and watch them play on a summers after noon.
by Booney
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought Dante Visentini showed a bit for the Magpies last week and looks a good prospect, seen much of him Boon?

I have, yes. He has a crack in the ruck despite being a bit light and his hands are really good, as he showed on the weekend hitting up at the ball with strong hands. Watched them train in the wet a week or so ago and he was clunking most things that came his way, was mentioned by the journos in the area that he had good hands.
by Booney
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easy for Bolton to show boat like that when the opposition has no way of getting back at him. In the 80's you needed balls to do that, in 2022 it's as weak as piss.
by Booney
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's the rev...oh.
by Booney
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

gazzamagoo wrote:My turn, finally.
Tested positive on Wednesday,
showing absolutely no symptoms at all,
must be all the booze (and substances) over the years.

Cibo?
by Booney
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 Port v Norwood

Port's last home game of the year next week against Glenelg with the construction on the new PAFC HQ getting underway the week after. Port will play West and Centrals at Richmond and Elizabeth as "home" games.

Interesting to see the SANFL app recently update the Port v Centrals game from 'TBA' to Sunday 24 July at Alberton if this is the case.

Also, would this mean Alberton is out for Port's AFLW matches?

The plan is to have the demolition done by then to have the site secure and the AFLW can play there still.
by Booney
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Pacemaker went in yesterday afternoon, spoke with him and he was in good spirits. Two stents go in today, should be home in the morning.

Thanks for the wishes and thoughts people.
by Booney
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In isolation the Bali incident isn't a terrible look, the V fingers and flashing tongue is pretty crass in my book but hey whatever, it's the wrap sheet that he has that makes it stupid. Stupid that he went. Stupid that they let him*. Stupid all round.

At the beginning of the 2017 season, De Goey broke his hand during an incident in a bar in St Kilda. Initially he lied to the club, telling them he injured it while playing with his dog and after admitting to his lie was suspended for three matches, fined $5,000, and given 10 weeks of community service.

In February 2018, he was suspended by Collingwood after being caught drunk driving. He was fined $10,000 and required to pay a further $10,000 to charity, during which time he worked for a month as a tradesman and with the Salvation Army.

In July 2020, De Goey and another man were charged by Victoria Police with indecent assault, stemming from an incident that was alleged to have taken place with a woman in 2015. The matter had been investigated by the Police and the AFL's Integrity Unit in 2018, and no charges were laid following those investigations.

In October 2021, De Goey was arrested at a night club in New York City and charged with forcible touching of a 35-year-old woman and the assault of a 37-year-old man. He was stood down indefinitely by Collingwood and pleaded not guilty to the charges, along with another Australian man who was charged. A couple of days later, the prosecutors dropped the charge of forcible touching.

by Booney
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I've recently had occasion to meet in the CBD and, sadly, the most practical park is above the police station in Hindley St, I need to know, why do so many people drive Toyota/Nissan/Ford trucks and park in the city? If you're familiar with that car park there's extra spaces marked on the inside of the turning points at each end with "Small Car" painted on the ground, I went to level 6, so past 12 of them, 9 of them had weekend warrior wanker trucks parked in them. Most of them with roo bars, light bars, not a spec of mud.
by Booney
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2022

RIP

Dog_ger

Firstly, thank you for letting us know.

Secondly, I'm sorry for the loss, Dog_ger certainly had a way with words and his absence has and will be noticed.
by Booney
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!

*one of these things may not happen...

I'm off to Perth next Tuesday morning, do Tues/Wed/Thurs seeing customers, Mrs Boon flies in Thursday night and we head down to Margaret River for Friday night, back to Perth Saturday afternoon for 3 nights at Crown (they've got buy 2 nights get 1 free, breakfast each day, valet parking for $430 total ), go to the footy Sunday, see a mate on Monday for lunch then home Tuesday.
by Booney
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heading off for 3 nights in Hobart, late decision but with cheap direct flights, making the most of the kids getting older and a bye in footy, why the hell not.

Looking forward to eating, drinking, exploring, revisiting Bruny Island, seeing snow on Mt Wellington and seeing the Roos win!

*one of these things may not happen...

I'm off to Perth next Tuesday morning, do Tues/Wed/Thurs seeing customers, Mrs Boon flies in Thursday night and we head down to Margaret River for Friday night, back to Perth Saturday afternoon for 3 nights at Crown (they've got buy 2 nights get 1 free, breakfast each day, valet parking for $430 total ), go to the footy Sunday, see a mate on Monday for lunch then home Tuesday.

Brilliant, got a link to that deal at all? We are heading over to see the Oils in Sept and haven't booked accom yet

Sent to your twitter DM.
by Booney
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

reppoh_eht wrote:https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/Jackson_Archer

Rewarding good form or just picking him to try and have some positivity around the place?

12, 9, 6, 4 disposals in his last 4 games

Kind of answered your own question.
by Booney
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Under 14.5: $1.40
Over 14.5: $3.10

Bearing in mind that I've only had one this century, back in about 08.

I've opened the valves up a bit already in the new girl, she has a nice bit of toe.

WOW - a new car and girl in the same week.
Things are looking up

No chance of that happening my friend, I already have a stalker who won't accept "I'm not interested" as an answer, she thinks she can persuade me.

I'm half expecting to wake one morning to my willy being super-glued to my inner thigh.

As long as both are yours you're in front.
by Booney
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Wedgie wrote:Woken up with a stye in my eye for the first time in my life. Bloody painful, tearing up big time and so annoying.
I need to know how long before this bloody thing goes away?

PS Booney, if you read this and see me today for a drink I'm not crying! :lol:

Rub a gold ring on it.
by Booney
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's almost like science keeps learning as it goes. Fascinating stuff.
by Booney
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

McAdam cast in the tough guy role today. That's like casting Rowan Atkinson as the new James Bond.
by Booney
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2022

gazzamagoo wrote:Power reserves somewhere,

Woodville Oval, Saturday July 23, 7:40pm
by Booney
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 massive days of presentations in Perth, 14 customers, 3 consulting engineers and countless stupidly tight parking spaces that cost a packet to stay in for 30 minutes...but, Mrs Boon lands in 45 minutes and we head down to Busselton tomorrow then back to via Fremantle on Saturday and then to Crown for 3 nights, the footy with a couple of Perth based mates Sunday, lunch Monday with my good mate who I have documented his challenges over the years on here and back home Tuesday. Some good work feedback, some good leads and now some RnR with the Mrs.

Gear.
by Booney
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 massive days of presentations in Perth, 14 customers, 3 consulting engineers and countless stupidly tight parking spaces that cost a packet to stay in for 30 minutes...but, Mrs Boon lands in 45 minutes and we head down to Busselton tomorrow then back to via Fremantle on Saturday and then to Crown for 3 nights, the footy with a couple of Perth based mates Sunday, lunch Monday with my good mate who I have documented his challenges over the years on here and back home Tuesday. Some good work feedback, some good leads and now some RnR with the Mrs.

Gear.
Great part of the world.
Not a big fan of Perth but I love Bunbury, Busselton, Margaret River and Freo. Awesome spots that are hugely underrated. Enjoy mate.
PS Bloody long walk up the Busselton jetty and back!

great part of the world down in Busso, loved my time living over there...(apart from the TAB thinking i was laundering money lol)

enjoy the drive, a nice comfy 2.5hrs should do it from memory
Yeah great roads too, I hired a nice XR6 too.

2022 Subaru Liberty, having just brought an Outback I'm enjoying another Subi. Good cars.
by Booney
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm in Busselton.

I'm at Tonic by the Bay.

A dude sets up to play an acoustic set.

Song 3, Cows with Guns. F*ck me, it was magnificent.
by Booney
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Port - Can we wear the bars?

AFL - No.

Carlton - Can we roll some tangerine shit?

AFL - Sure.

#dickinyourarse

When you’ve won 15 more premierships and equal to us the AFL might listen!

Anyway what are you drinking?

Some Red Ales from some brewery in Busselton.
by Booney
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port - Can we wear the bars?

AFL - No.

Carlton - Can we roll some tangerine shit?

AFL - Sure.

#dickinyourarse
by Booney
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Port v North

Wedgie wrote:Where's Booney's review?

North 2 points
Port 0
by Booney
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lack of Fogarty chat on socials this morning.

*checks stats*

Oh, I see.
by Booney
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting home, been a busy week in Perth.
by Booney
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17

Spargo wrote:Heading over to watch North knock off Collingwood, can’t wait…

Amazing, you've got tickets to a game in 2028? Well played.
by Booney
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17

So much bad kicking, will probably cost us.

Good thread though, having Port and Carlton fans tell me about players strength and milking frees is like an 90 year old Uber driver giving me hints on driving (and I give it the same creedence)! ;)
Next they'll be giving me their opinions on higher education, arts and literature! :lol:

Would you rather advice on how to stay in Adelaide Oval?
by Booney
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 South v Glenelg

am Bays wrote:
another grub wrote:The Dynasty is OVER

You can’t have a Dynasty based on 1 flag 3 years ago

1 every 30 odd years though, that's pretty good.
by Booney
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:My kids have tested positive for covid for the 2nd time (first in January).. but once again I have failed to get it.

I must be immune - putting it down to licking windows. 8) :lol:

lets be honest Bedge anything is too scared to enter your system :D :D

I wouldn't enter his system.
by Booney
Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:Watching the presser, they are a rabble.

Noble came out looking the best I thought.
I'm not sure I could handle the dribble the management came out with.

Clubs will be lining up to speak to his manager, he'll have time to reset then have suitors galore.

Poor bastard has been let down here.
by Booney
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see nothing to gain sacking a coach mid year. It's a sign the club has lost it's way and lost the belief it had in everything they put in place over the summer and weeks leading up to the sacking. Its a bad look IMO.
by Booney
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Spargo wrote:The Bunnings snag in bread going up from $2.50 to $3.50 due to cost of living expenses :shock:

Coughing up a tenner for two snags and a can of solo with "Keep the change mate, good on you for volunteering" just changed.
by Booney
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Port v West

Next goal wins.
by Booney
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18

MW wrote:
That's his #1 problem. Win it? Yes. Give it to someone who can hurt the oppo? No. Nearly every possession is to a teammate in trouble, or a clanger.

To be fair he's not giving it to anyone who can actually do any damage anyway. Adelaide have an abattoir, not a midfield.
by Booney
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool, if I'm in 1985 I'll grab some.
by Booney
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Port v West

Good luck to Westies, be a great night at Milner Road tonight.
by Booney
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In September 2021 Albert was inspired to find out more about his amazing grandpa. He wanted to document his whole life and have it in one place for the family. Never in his wildest dreams did Albert ever think that a published book would be created. After countless hours of working with his dad, Ben, Albert was able to capture Russell's fascinating and unbelievable life.

A large amount of the proceeds from this book will be used to support four of Russell's deserving charities and programs. These include Novita, where Russell spent over 30 years raising money, the Red Cross Lifeblood, where he donated blood for decades, the Leukaemia Foundation, which kept him going during his biggest fight, and finally, the Port Community Program, which Russell helped set up and run.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/90d2d5_1df4983d2aa24ef5b141362da3d915e5~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_395,h_641,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01,enc_auto/Untitled-_edited.jpg

https://www.russellebert-geezitsbeenworthit.com/shop
by Booney
Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So hypothetically who do you target from other clubs this year. Let's make a wish list.

I'll start with 4;

Dow from Carlton (he'll be very cheap)
Grundy from Collingwood ( Collingwood will pay most of his contract and Goldy will go this off season or next)
Logue & Acres (Freo)

That will help three positional areas they are/will be deficient.

Midfield, Ruck and key backman.

Not likely.
If getting a $1m per year, Pies would only be taking 2-300k per year of that, not most of it.

Imagine them paying up to $600k per year ( a quality player ) to have Grundy and Treloar play against them.
by Booney
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |