Search found more than 7218 matches

Return

Re: All Australian Team 2013 - predictions & general discuss

Player MT K Avg H Avg D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
Chad Wingard 24 309 12.9 200 8.3 509 21.2 104 4.3 2 0.1 47 2 20 17 43 1.8 20 278 2076 86.5
Lindsay Thomas20 168 8.4 43 2.2 211 10.6 53 2.7 0 0 53 2.7 33 22 53 2.7 23 341 1269 63.5

Wingard had 21 to 10 avg disposals.
Wingard had 4.3 to 2.7 avg marks.
Thomas had 2.7 to 1.8 avg goals.
Thomas had 2.7 to 2.0 avg tackles.
Wingard 16 goal assists to Thomas' 14.

Thomas kicked more goals, but clearly Wingard had a bigger impact on games with his disposal count and marks (nearly) twice that of Thomas.
by Booney
Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Having the office to myself and cranking some tunes on my last day before a 5 day weekend.

I'm thinking beer about 11ish. :lol: :lol:
by Booney
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Heard of much worse being done with faeces on footy trips.

And that, I just dont understand.
by Booney
Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the fact im not playing cricket this season

Don't let people fool you. Retirement is the ducks guts.

36° outside? Not in front of the TAB with the Spring Racing Carnival it isn't!

Spend 70 overs in the field while they make 6/362? You can if you want, but I'm not chasing any of them to the fence!

Whats that - The runs ups are soggy and we're going to wait until 2:30 and have another look? Yeah right, and miss the Caulfield Cup!

:lol:
by Booney
Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

am Bays wrote:
Wedgie wrote:depends on the weights regime/requirement at that club.

Is that the new "code" for meet my pay demands?

Yes, he actually said to the club "How ******* heavy are the brown paper bags and who is putting them in my car?"
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 B&F

Steve Hamra Medal (League Best & Fairest):

1st - Ryan Ferguson & Chris Schmidt (37 Votes)
3rd - Ben Macreadie (32 Votes)
4th - Jonathon Beech & Brad Mangan (31 Votes)
6th - Travis Tuck (29 Votes)
7th - Joel Tippett, Tyson Slattery, Daniel Webb (23 Votes)
10th - Daniel Caire (22 Votes)
Coach’s Trophy
Joel Tippett
Sam Suckling Shield (Best 1st Year Player)
Brad Mangan
Bill Downs Memorial Trophy (League Most Improved Player)
Sponsored by George Demetriou, Councillor - City of West Torrens
Daniel Webb
Keith Reynolds Memorial Trophy
Sponsored by the Westonians
Tom Keough
President’s Trophy
Sponsored by OAMPS Insurance Brokers
Jaye Sippel
Foxtel Cup - Best & Fairest
Jonathon Beech & Travis Tuck (7 votes)
Foxtel Cup - Best & Fairest, Joint 3rd
Ben Macreadie & Brad Mangan (5 votes)
Bob Lee Memorial Award (Reserves Best & Fairest):
1st - Josh Schiller (23 Votes)
2nd - Brad Eagle & Tom Schott (17 Votes)
4th - Nick Homburg (16 Votes)
5th - Nick Favretto & Ryan Dijksman (15 Votes)
7th - Chris Bonney (12 Votes)
8th - Michael Minuzzo & Dean Poynton (11 Votes)
10th - Simon Dean, Brad Kirk & Peter Nelson (10 Votes)
Reserves Coach's Trophy
Phil Hopton
Reserves Magarey Medalist
Nick Homburg
Jake Watson Memorial Medal (U/18 Best & Fairest):
1st - Jye Dezylva & Harry Vick (22 Votes)
3rd - Jesse Watchman & Ryan Simister (19 Votes)
5th - Thomas Fitzpatrick & Kayne Cornish (17 Votes)
7th - Harrison Westhoff (16 Votes)
8th - Dylan Male & Brett Turner (13 Votes)
10th - Jack Evans (12 Votes)
U/18 Coach's Trophy
Mitchell Millen
U/18 Best Team Man
Tom Fitzpatrick
Knott/Mitchell Memorial Scholarship
Sponsored by the West Adelaide Past Players & Officials Group
Jack Zesers
Corey Siemers Award
Sponsored by the West Adelaide Past Players & Officials Group
Sam Durdin
Herde Family Award (U/18 Most Improved Player)
Kayne Cornish
Best U/18 Player from Roxby Downs
Dylan Male
Best U/18 Player from the Mallee
Rory O'Driscol
Francis Elma Award (Volunteer Encouragement Award)
Robert Manning
Congratulations to the following 2013 Life Members:
Roger Brine
Jack Smith

"All played well". Bloody unlucky if you went home empty handed!!
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

A little undecided if this is good or not,but.....:

-We have a sound young list with lots of inside mids (Boak, Wines, Ebert, Moore, )
- Our list has enough 19-22 year olds coming through, taking a kid at pick 30 (lets face it, a raffle) isn't going to help us right away
- We need some polish on the outside
- If Polec can establish himself in our line-up as an outside mid/goal kicker who has had 3 years in the system then tha MIGHT be better than anything you get with pick 30 (+/-)
- Then again, you might get a diamond in the rough at 30 who ends up being a 10 year 200 gamer.
- Polec might be a 10 year 200 gamer.

If we get him for the right price, early second round pick, why not go for it?
by Booney
Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Footy Chick wrote:Next doors little yapper Jack Russell escaping and attacking Fat Cat in MY back yard.

I'll be sticking the vet bill under their door :?

You should be upset that your Fat Cat couldn't tear a Jack Russell to shreds!

( I hope Fat Cat is ok )
by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:I haven't moved for 3 hours.

I keep hitting the "like" button. I did it quickly to start with, took a little break had a drink and came back. I started hitting it again but it wasn't ready.

I want to "like" it again.
by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

MEDIA RELEASE

Dedja set to make his mark at Glenelg

Former Snouts bandwagoner, Dedja, has been appointed to the position as Senior Coach of the Glenelg Football Club for the next three years.

Dedja was appointed by the Glenelg Football Club Board of Directors, following the strong recommendation by the highly credentialed Selection Committee, established to ensure the best possible coach was appointed to steer the club forward.

The selection committee undertook a comprehensive selection process in which Football Director Justin Scripps, Graham Cornes, Peter Carey and President Nick Chigwidden, were unanimous that Dedja was the man to coach the Club in 2014 and beyond, with a focus of recognising and developing our young list and maximizing their potential.

Dedja has SFA accomplishments but the club is broke so thought what the hell.

Dedja's wealth of talking crap at both AFL and SANFL levels, combined with his lack of general knowledge of the game and edumacation gives
the Glenelg Football Club great excitement and positiveness for the immediate and future direction.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that shit again. ;)
by Booney
Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

am Bays wrote:The so called "footy experts" on here and other sites guessing/specualting who the Glenelg coach is.

NFI!

I know. Anyone who knows anything about football is wasting their expertise on Glenelg.

:D
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

I tend to find the people who moan the most about living here do very little in the way of getting out and looking around.

Experience Fringe shows you wouldn't normally go to see. The Fringe (and other) festivals gives us our international reputation for "arts" (Trust me, I'm not "arty" at all)

Experience a little restaurant on Rundle St, off Rundle St! Dont go to the same pub for a schnitty every meal you go out for.

Take a drive in the Barossa, the hills, the Vales.....

The list is so bloody long of things to do, IF you are prepared to get out there and do them. We might complain about how expensive things are, but book a room in central Sydney or Perth, a high end room at a quality hotel. Then do the same in Adelaide.

Catch a cab from the airport to that hotel.

Drive for an hour from the CBD and enjoy the Adelaide Hills, or drive for an hour from Sydney CBD and be on the fringe of the bloody CBD!!

Lonely Planet has 450 staff on the books, over 200 authors and has printed over 100 million books, but someone in Adelaide thinks they've got it wrong about how good this place is.

Dont let the door hit you......
by Booney
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had only myself to please after my wife died.

^ double entendre :lol:

On topic:

A couple of years back I got sat next to a couple of fat boorish yobs on a JetStar flight home from the sunshine coast. I had a few words with them upon arrival in Sydney. Upon learning I was heading to Adelaide, one of them said "don't get off there... you know what Adelaide is? Proof that Tasmanians can swim."

One of the many nice things about Adelaide - and they are legion - is that dickheads like the above steer well clear of it.
And the ones that are here we just corral to the far southern or far northern suburbs . :lol:

Is Darwin a northern suburb?
by Booney
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had a short trip up to Darwin, didn't think much of the place to be honest.

Spent some time in Cairns during silly season, didn't really enjoy it but it didn't "break" me either.
by Booney
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

SDK wrote:Your information is incorrect.
Norwood were tying to recruit God and his son .... not Godden !

Unlikley.

Russell Ebert has a great role with the PAFC Community program and Brett is not likely to play at SANFL level again.
by Booney
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:I thought it was only 34 as the last 2 premierships were won by the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club. :)

SANFL, Port Adelaide, 36 Cups.

Forever in our shadows, blow-in.
by Booney
Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:Good on Narni for sticking up for his mate...

Does Wundkes Mum want to tweet on his behalf too?
by Booney
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Just got this members release

In response to the article in today’s Sunday Mail the West Adelaide Football Club wishes to make the following statement.

The Board of the West Adelaide Football Club will not be commenting on the matters raised in the article until the conclusion of a full internal review of the Club’s operations. This review has been ongoing for the majority of the 2013 season and any comments now, in the Board’s opinion would be premature. With certain sensitivities surrounding this matter the Board wishes to assure all stakeholders that it will continue to act in the Club's best interests.

At the conclusion of this internal review the Club will be making further comment.

The Board further wishes to reassure all members and supporters of the club that we have collectively worked incredibly hard to turn around the financial situation of the Club this year to ensure the viability of the Club now and into the future. While the full financial statements for the 2013 year have not yet been completed we are confident of a significant surplus for the past financial year.

- The Board of West Adelaide Football Club Inc.

I love a good statement that confirms they aren't making a statement. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The hit, the bloke who got hits reaction and the referees uniform. :lol:

by Booney
Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Well, TRB, lets disect Simons comments then....:

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else - One Grand Final, not Grand Final s . It is what it is and the might of Geelong that day would have been difficult for anyone to counter. ( Port won the Prelim by 70+ points the week before )

digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else - Many AFL clubs have had dire financial situations in the last decade, some still in that position despite much support from the AFL. If North Melboure, Melbourne or the Western Bulldogs got as much media attention as Port's situation did in the local press and forums it would be interesting. So Port are not the only football club, at all levels, with poor financial statements, of all people I thought you'd be aware of that? ;)

running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.
Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure. - Well, call it how you see it, but the Port Adelaide Football Club wanted to maintain it's junior development stucture, it's development pathway for local kids.
As for disconnecting itself from the local community that is a comment from someone who is clearly uneducated. The Port Adelaide Community program is a cornerstone of our adminstration / off field operations.Indigenous programs, the Foodbank program to ensure people dont go hungry etc etc is all part of the clubs commitment to the community. As for local U16/U18 players, there is every possibility a kid from Port Districts could play at amatuer level for Port Districts while being guided through his development by an AFL club (directly, not indirectly) and become an SANFL reserves player with the Port Adelaide Football Club, an SANFL league player and if talented, committed and fortunate enough be drafted into the AFL or even remain living in the area he grew up in playing for the Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL.

Suck on that indeed. 8)
by Booney
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ron Fuller to Coach Sturt U18s

holden78 wrote:Ron is excellent coaching young lads but doesn't always deal well with older stronger minded players.
Premierships at Flinders Park and the Eagles U17's ( x3) is quite a body of work that is hard to argue with, he should do a nice job for Sturt!

Who hacked holdens account?
by Booney
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Is Lucas Neil the biggest sook in Australia sport at the moment?

He is, but's let us not forget just how precious professional athletes are.

Poor souls, all that money to stay super fit and do what they love, travel the world, barely put their hand in their pocket for anything, ever and then on top of that they have to tolerate being "booed" from time to time. Not because the public want to "boo" them as such, but there's no chance of scaling the ivory tour to actually speak to them so "booing" from the terraces is the only way the public can voice displeasure at comments they have made during those ever so tiresome 15 minute pressers.

Oh how my heart ******* bleeds.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More coppers like that = less little smart arses like that in society. Should have taken to him with the night stick.

Cocky little prick.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

Correct, what I'm saying, is how the hell can anyone see pick 13, 19, 25 or even 42 as a bargain?

Why? 'Cos we simply dont know!
by Booney
Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

Tambling was pick 4, Hird pick 79.Anyone who thinks they've got a bargain with any of these kids just need to hold their horses.

How people think they can possibly judge a "steal" less than 24 hours after a kid is drafted is seriously beyond me. You'd have to asses your thought processes if you think you can do that.

Carlton kings of the draft, Cripps what a steal!

I rest my case.
by Booney
Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

I'll get a copy of the petition and post in here. I'm not sure of exact numbers....will advise.
by Booney
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

scoob wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Root to bat at 3 I guess

He's a dud

See the sign in the crowd at the 'Gabba?

"If you're a bad COOK
and a dud ROOT
your BROAD is going to CHEAT on you"

:D
by Booney
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What if my intent was to delay, or hold back someone or somethings progress or development?
by Booney
Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tremlett. Has there ever been a less intimidating 6'10" 100kg fast bowler?

The mug strolled in on day 3, bent his back and delivered a missile at Mitch at 127km/h.

Marlon Samuels throws his off-spinners faster than that! He's on Pom I have no problem finding the hate for.
by Booney
Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Naming Rights Sponsor

South Australian National Football League Independent Grocers Australia League.

Did the same people that brain stormed this design the Adelaide Airport Car drop-off/pick-up new system?
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I too associate pearl earrings, augmented breasts and hosting a TV show with boganism.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Warnie, much like the family cars of Australia, has undergone too many changes to be still considered a classic. Sure, he might resemble the old model with similar badges, but he just isn't what he used to be.

Like the old Ford or Holden, Warnie was pretty broad,built for cruising and was perhaps even too heavy for the role that he played. He gave off the occasional puff of smoke and ran on the rawest of ingredients, but, get him on a nice flat straight stretch and he could spin his wheels with the best of them.

Now he's undergone some European styling, is more plastic than he is polished chrome and he runs on a mix of premium ingredients. His whites are now in his mouth instead of on his back and he spends more time tweeting than he does tweaking.

I still like him, but the old model was more collectable.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:He gets to spend each night parked in a pretty decent garage though

Just remember these wise words :

It doesn't matter how hot she is, son. Someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alice Springs

Two day game, I hope we win the toss and bat until just before tea on day two. :lol:
by Booney
Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magpiespower wrote:"My name’s Casey Jenkins. I’m a performer/craftivist... I’m spending 28 days knitting from wool that I’ve inserted in my vagina."

Well. I, ahh, I'm....not, errr, sure what to errr, say aaah.

I thought she might have taken a break while it was busted, at least.
by Booney
Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hopefully get to see Mal give lyon some advice during this weeks net sessions

The only advice mal could offer Lyon is to not look up too high in the sky as the ball sails over the fence.

The roof of mals mouth is still sunburnt...... ;)
by Booney
Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I'm happy to catch up for a beer, but I'm not standing next to valleys. He's far too young, fit and good looking.... ;)
by Booney
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I'm happy to catch up for a beer, but I'm not standing next to valleys. He's far too young, fit and good looking.... ;)

If that's the case, he might make us look better than we currently do...

Like I said in the private message ages ago, you can have a few bevvies on me. It almost makes it worth meeting yours truly, doesn't it? ;)

I'll be the judge of that.... ;)

Yes valleys, I got the reference. Now, just a matter of how to "get" Aunt Robyn.....or, for that matter, Aunt Lilly. =P~
by Booney
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

Have an hour at them tonight.
by Booney
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Someone Recruits Triple Magarey Medalist?

Jim05 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:A tweet from Zac Millbank... Confirmed @NorwoodFC will not pursue the signature of triple @MagareyMedal winner Jimmy Allan. #SANFL

Good news but going on our boards recent backflips id expect he will be announced as a new signing within the week

:lol:
by Booney
Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids wrote:Foods being referred to as "Super foods"

edit. what a weird word 'food'

They don't filter the lead out of the air up there, do they?
by Booney
Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Looks good for Perth later this week.

Friday 38°
Saturday 39°
Sunday 37°
Monday 40°
Tuesday 39°

=)) =)) =))
by Booney
Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rebel Wilson. Anyone who likes her. Anyone who watches her.

Anyone?
by Booney
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rebel Wilson. Anyone who likes her. Anyone who watches her.

Anyone?

Booney, spot on mate.

I don't see how people find her, Rove McAnus, Hamish & Andy, The Big Bang Theory or Scrubs funny either.

Rove - I agree.
Hamish & Andy - Have their moments, they're ok.
Big Bang - Penny * knock knock knock * Penny * knock knock knock * :lol:
Scrubs - Shite. I agree.
by Booney
Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Can't wait to hear Jay today
Is he going to try to tell us GM made the decision overnight or will he actually own up to not knowing WTF is going on.
And GM blame the high $AU whereas Jay said the lower $AU was the cause.
People slam Marshall for not saying much.
Better to stay silent that confirm you have NFI like Jay - Absolute plonker

At least we get to decide what Weatherill is made of, Marshall is a nothing nobody who we all know was the only bloke willing to take the hot seat, knowing a knife in his back is imminent. Feel for the bloke, dead man walking. As all Liberal leaders have been....
by Booney
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Compiling Accurate Stats PAFC

Port Adelaide Football Club SANFL 1870 >

Port Adelaide Football Club AFL 1997 >

No need to thank me, Mark.
by Booney
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

stampy wrote:that silly bitch known as bev brock even though they were never married and peter was living with another woman when he died, embarassingly funny

Ouch.
by Booney
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |