Search found more than 7416 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:So many changes at each club to come over summer. The sides will be all but unrecognisable next season.
Were Ferguson and Mangan expected to depart Westies?

Throw in Tippett who seems to be a good possibility to get drafted, and the Westies defence is suddenly down to just 14 players
by JK
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

she sings??? i've honestly never seen her mouth move...

:shock: =P~ :X

by woodublieve12
Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you're missing the point Wedgie. What Psyber is saying is he is feels there is no prejudice behind the use of the name, as it more so honours those people, as opposed to negatively vilifying them.

I abhor people finding any excuse to play the "racist" card and this is a prime example of that.

I think the word "racist" should only apply when hate or negative discrimination is the main motivator behind it.

Calling your team the "Braves" would be akin to calling your team the "Vikings", or the "Crusaders", to epitomise fighting spirit, as opposed to some sort of negative, hateful discrimination.

Beating up a guy because he's black. That's racist. Naming your team after a race, known for their bravery and honourable traits, I can't fathom how that could be seen as racist or offensive..
by OnSong
Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

holden78 wrote:Looks like Norwood's effort's to talk Godden over have been rejected even though he only has one year left on his contract.
Maybe loyalty isn't spelt with a $. Who knew!

You're Shit.

And you know it.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

Wedgie wrote:Only appealing thing about Darwin is its proximity to Asia. Absolutely nothing else going for it IMHO.
And its only appealing feature wasn't a real asset in World War 2 either. :lol:

Yeah my brother is living there at the minute and he reckons the place is full of wankers.
by Footy Chick
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port's Six SANFL Guernsey Designs

As if Port didn't dominate the Crows enough already in 2013...

Vote for Port Adelaide's 2014 SANFL guernsey from the options below, which were designed based on supporter feedback

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151768046918882&set=a.278527838881.143754.188342508881&type=1&theater
by Magpiespower
Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Melbourne Cup

i would like to be on francesca
by stampy
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Hearing Taylor Walker talk on the the radio... Seems like a top bloke but he sounds like he would have a fair bit of trouble getting through the alphabet... :lol:
by woodublieve12
Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Ain't a selfie you beardless ****
by Q.
Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

What has a town near Mildura got to do with it Booney ;)
by Brodlach
Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

I'm sensitive to spelling.
If you're going to take the piss, at least get your spelling right.

If you're going to have a go at someone's spelling i suggest you spell EVERYTHING correctly. :D

I was being colloqiual (and laughing at myself).
Whoever created that meme and spelt sensitive wrong is just an idiot.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist!

Do you like typing his name?
by smac
Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Bully wrote:I wouldn't say no

She wouldn't ask...
by HH3
Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Rik E Boy wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Love browny. Legend.

Why?

regards,

REB

Because TSG likes to have a different view to everyone else
by Brodlach
Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:It's easy to get something that nobody else wants.

How is the Herps btw mate?
by JK
Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After cracking it and not practicing the guitar in months, I picked it up again last week.

I found a really helpful site run by Nate Savage that really takes things slow, and in 2 hours I learnt more than I did in 2 months when I tried before.

Now I know 4 chords and how to put them together into something that sounds like a song. Now Im practicing how to strum better and the transition between chords. Slow work, but very rewarding, even at this early stage.
by HH3
Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Went to Mavs v Timberwolves last night, did the fan tunnel at the start (Dirk is a ******* monster!) and our group was treated like royalty. On court at the end, on screen a dozen times and a shout out from the announcer.

Terrible night.
by smac
Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Someone Recruits Triple Magarey Medalist?

He really shouldn't be going anywhere, North have botched this one badly
How so?

Offered an amount markedly reduced from his previous deal, which he accepted, then when it came time to sign the fee had been significantly reduced again. Poor form.

Not disputing the other points you've made, imho North looked far more dangerous last season, but still think they've insulted a club great through this process.
So North have botched it because of figures a Norwood supporter has heard or read somewhere?
Norwood must have botched it too since they've turned him down.
Apologies if you work for North Adelaide or are in fact Jimmy Allan but from your lack of discussion about other issues I assume you aren't.
Time to get back on your fence JK.

No problems mate, you don't have to believe it - It's only 1 side of the story anyway. There's the on the fence version for ya.

No problems mate, you keep the blind faith in your club that has served you so well and reflect upon how well we botched the last game of the season. There's the other one. ;)
by JK
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Reading Twitter and it would seem a couple of Westies players very upset about the recruits the Eagles are picking up. Wondering where the money comes from.

Never mind where the money comes from, they should be more concerned about where the money goes ;)
by areaman
Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I'm happy to catch up for a beer, but I'm not standing next to valleys. He's far too young, fit and good looking.... ;)

If that's the case, he might make us look better than we currently do...

Like I said in the private message ages ago, you can have a few bevvies on me. It almost makes it worth meeting yours truly, doesn't it? ;)

I'll be the judge of that.... ;)

Yes valleys, I got the reference. Now, just a matter of how to "get" Aunt Robyn.....or, for that matter, Aunt Lilly. =P~

Or both of them at the same time...
by Failed Creation
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

Why am I being involved in this? Sure you have the correct Phil?

I think the Phil they are referring to is the one that dodges replying with facts on many posts .

....and not the Phil who thought that GANGgajang was best known for a hit entitled "This Is Australia"?

(one from the vaults)
by Pseudo
Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Had half a day off. Wouldn't surprise me if I have to have a meeting with the GM about some made up bullshit being made up as we speak.

Just got off* the phone to him, you're screwed. ;)
by Spargo
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

If Australian people bought Australian cars it would help out the Australia economy and we would not be in this situation, same goes for everything else we buy.

Unfortunately people don't think about our economy when making their purchases.
I was once a loyal Holden man, and my first three cars were holdens, but eventually I wanted something with a bit more style and less of those nagging little problems like boot lights that didn't switch of and drained the battery.

I had to resort to shutting my wife in the boot (briefly) from time to time to check on the damn thing. ;)
by Psyber
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

An imposter at the Nelson Mandela Memorial service has stood on stage and "signed" to the deaf community.

Unfortunately, he didn't know sign language and nobody knows who he is or how he got there. :lol:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/12/03/28/mandela-sign-language-interpreter-fraud
I literally have tears in my eyes =))
by Spargo
Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our boys winning back the Ashes! Australia you f**king beauty! :D
by The Dark Knight
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ten axes Before The Game

Its not about footy, its not funny, and its not interesting. Its just 3 unfunny, middle aged men hanging out, trying to be cool around the young footballers, who usually look uncomfortable to be there. The only half decent thing is Almost Footy Legends, and the best one never wins, coz the one where someone gets hit in the dick with the ball always does.
by HH3
Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So many people would pay good money for that opportunity.
by Spargo
Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dan Smith Sydney Thunder.
by Squids
Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shoe boy wrote:
Do you drink Squids?

You could but you'd have to blend them finely.
by Pseudo
Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

bennymacca wrote:
Dissident wrote:I wish I liked Nirvana

go listen to the MTV unplugged set. if you dont like that then you are just weird

Then go listen to AIC unplugged
by Squids
Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No buffer. Youtube, Netflix, TwitchTV, Spotify all stream almost instantly.

Thank you to the Labor party. Now let's get cannabis legalized and I'm set.
by The Sleeping Giant
Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:Any danger gentleman of actually discussing the topic title? In case you have forgotten is rumours of players changing clubs....

Rumour has it Steve Summerton is changing clubs.

From Port to Port? :roll:
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Just when you thought Mighty Eagles "Nurses" thread and UK Fan's "Norwood screwed" thread couldn't be trumped along comes Apache with this ripsnorter.

I dips me lid to you, Apache. I dips me lid.

I like the threads originality. it's good to break new ground and not debate/discuss the same subject matter over and over again on here.

Helps keep the vibe and general freshness of the site on the up, who needs Diss and his format changes!!
by am Bays
Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Isn't it just a name change from Magpies to Power? The guernsey will change but it wont be the first time in Port Adelaide's history that the colours of their guernsey has changed
Essendon were the 'Dons before being known as the Bombers.
Fitzroy went from being known as the Maroons to the Gorillas to the Lions before amalgamating with Brisbane.
Richmond were the Wasps prior to being known as the Tigers.
Yes the Magpies might be dead but the Port Adelaide Footy Club will live on, and isn't that who people support?
Nah, I used to think that till proven wrong. The PAFC changed their name to the PAMFC so a new entity "the power" could use their business name.
The PAMFC is virtually dead and buried now by its own artificial creation, its a bit like Battlestar Galactica with the Cylons created by the humans all but wiping the makers out.
Or Frankenstein to a degree too.

The PAFC is the club that has been in existence since 1870 right, so that's still alive and kicking, albeit in a Power guernsey now. The PAMFC was a short lived club with its history dating all the way back to 1999 right? That was until they amalgamated with the PAFC to create the "One Club".

Magpies or Power, its still the Port Adelaide Football Club
by Fricky
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dislike

ICWUDT
by Dissident
Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being told today that I have a full time position as a tradesman when my apprenticeship is completed on February 1st.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong

Rik E Boy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I think they've compromised too much! :D

Can't go wrong with the hoops. Quickly sorts out the blokes that go Stewie Dew over summer!

regards,

REB

Still having nightmares over that 3rd quarter hey
by daysofourlives
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

There is a term for people like you BM.
Arrogant is one, but i think a word that rhymes with banker fits you better!

as the saying goes, smart people discuss ideas, people of average intellect discuss events, dumb people discuss people...

not sure whether you are smart enough to work out which box you go in, but maybe ask your local 5 year old and they could point you in the right direction.

once you resort to personal attacks maybe its time to go sit in the corner and let the big boys talk.

seriously though, im just trying to provide an alternative opinion, and i like discussion, isnt what what a forum is about? i dont disrespect you guys' opinions, i have actually changed my opinion somewhat because of this thread. i think it will have an effect on the SANFL, which i initially didnt really, but im still of the opinion that it is a necessary evil. if you dont think that well thats fine, we are allowed to have differences of opinion, provided it is informed opinion.
by bennymacca
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: David Hookes ... 10 years on

As i've said two my mates with the recent spate of incidents... if it wasn't for the buffoon bouncer who hit Hookes (whether guilty or not), if he hadn't hit Hookes, he'd still be alive today.

The courts need to throw the book at these idiots.

Got king hit myself this year and i will be going to court I have been told aprox. 2 years after the incident. I thought so much about Hookesy in the days following the incident as my head hit the pavement and I lost a lot of blood. I intend on doing whatever I can to ensure perpetrators of violent and unprovoked attacks are deterred in the future. The are the scum of the earth and Deserve incarceration.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A young Catholic girl went to confession and said to the priest, "I'm pregnant."
He asked, "How did this happen, my child?"
She said, "I think it must have been the second coming."
The priest, shocked by this reply, asked, "What makes you think this has anything to do with the Second Coming?"
She replied, "Because I swallowed the first one!!"
by locky801
Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Good old South , just as we slowly stop laughing at the Glenelg jokes too.

Oh for a 9 team competition again.

Any idea what South have done wrong?

Since 1964, everything?
And before 1964 they had 19 years of total incompetence. In an 8 team comp the highest they finished between 1945 and 1963 was 6th. So they have had one good year in 76 years. Only St Kilda is worse.

And people like me are still here.....
by westcoastpanther
Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Focus on the positive.

You've gone to a designated driver locked in for quite some time.
by smac
Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:Eugenie Bouchard... yum.

by Q.
Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Q's Colognes

Hazbeen wrote:Do you have "sex panther" :lol:

That's too much responsibility for one man.
by Q.
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

I have to admit, i did make a fat joke to a pregnant womans face once. I thought I was being cheeky, and we would all laugh....nope...
by HH3
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Squids wrote:Shaun McKernan.......

Lol that will hurt...
by stan
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Rik E Boy wrote:Might be a windy series...no Bails...

regards,

REB

That deserves a holiday.
by Squids
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |