Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

No wonder Yank are getting smashed each week on the field when the players are punching on, off the field!
One of the best 3 players in the club, association representative and a young leader.
It's bad enough he has a reputation for dirty tactics on the field without picking fights with team mates at club functions throwing several punches at own team mates
Talented football needs the club to take a stance and pull him back into line!

was it at the Tiger Brawl !! oh i mean Tiger Ball
by bluebagger
Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And why should cricket assist Dutchy. Do you think football would assist cricket if COVID-19 impacts commenced in September instead of March. Not a chance.

And maybe one small positive out of the virus is that football loses some of it’s self entitlement.

It may be the big dog in the house but doesn’t give it all the rites
by bluebagger
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apologies for missing out on putting a ? On a previous post

I must do better.

To the people that did reply with info,
Thanks.
by bluebagger
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Durdins out of Yank , heading to Angaston . Which one or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both Geez, what’s going on at Yank? Massive exodus of type line players, Durdins x 2, Crabb, Liddle, Gotch are names I’ve heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk It’s the Tigers cycle. Hope which just delivers false dreams
by bluebagger
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More facts : So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts : McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does that help even the comp? Absolutely!
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows) Don’t always blame to good sides.

There’s teams above that haven’t embraced what Footy is like in 2021.
I thought someone might go down that path after I posted these, but I'm not critical or holding the top five accountable for the bottom 5's efforts, They need to find a way to compete more regularly. I'm simply trying to bring to light, that the GSFL should not be consistently and systematically giving 1-2 clubs (1 in particular this year) added help or concessions that continues to fuel the gap. I understand what you mean.

But hand outs don’t work either.

I look at the Tigers.
How many of there 3 point players stay around long enough to be 0 points or at least 1 point.

Always chasing a tail.

And it’s probably back to square one again after the coach has left.

A coach that was never going to build a strong culture and loyalty based team
by bluebagger
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheap Seats wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the vaccine proof needed for footy this year from the gsfl?
Everyone will need to be double Vaxed to play
Bulldogs will be allowed exemptions though
by bluebagger
Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

field of dreams wrote:Will this weeks results be affected by which clubs manage to have enough players registered on playhq ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn’t PlayHQ great
by bluebagger
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |