Search found 60 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

Whats wrong with the points system now? Persoanlly i dont know too much about it and some tinkering may improve it slightly but what i do know is the the GSFL last season was probably one of the most even it has been for a long long long time with injury lists seemingly deciding matches quite often.
Like that JJ looking on from a far and knowing the GSFL quite well as with the hfl slowly the points system is evening things out . I think the gsfl is a bit further ahead given there are some bigger communitys down that way for sponsers etc , compared to some of the smaller hills clubs all drawing fom the same pot of sponsers but it is working .!!

Agree... Nothing wrong with the point system here in GSFL... Working well...

It does need some tinkering tho. Small towns like Yank have little option but to bring in imports just to be up there. Guys please don't say yeah here we go again, but talent is very limited with youth to develop and ours are 3-4 years away. Very similar in Mypo I would reckon. Personally I think the points should range from a minimum of 12 to a maximum of 18. I have been in control of a club when involved with salary cap and it stinks to high heaven. Points are the answer but getting it right takes very good league administration. :)

Haven't you got 5 kids training with the U/18s at South? ;) The point system is fine - sure it has some flaws but a salary cap..... doesn't work. It would be like the days when FOD was playing for Victor. All the boys "working" at the Crown but they were all on the wrong side of the bar! :lol:
by words of wisdom
Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol. No salary cap back then WOW. Plenty of time celebrating at the Crown though - on both sides of the bar.... on the bar even!
by field of dreams
Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol. No salary cap back then WOW. Plenty of time celebrating at the Crown though - on both sides of the bar.... on the bar even!

Back in the day that was one of the best things about the GSFL - smash the shit out of each other Saturday arvo & get smashed together Saturday night at the Crown. Stewy Kluske was gold behind the bar... not very good at math though :lol:
by words of wisdom
Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, Sorry for having an opinion OF. Think you miss my point. Everyone that has a job are just normal people and should be able to go about their normal life outside of work and continue doing what makes them happy. I fully support Tony Abbott for continuing his voluntary role in his local CFS despite being elevated to Prime Minister. Whats whether Ben is going to qualify for Finals got to do with him playing? That's simply a ridiculous statement imo. He's got every right to play the sport he loves for his local home club when he's available to. Going on your theory , all the Yankalilla players may as well give up playing now as none of them will play finals.

Now that's a fact, no one will. ;)
by Yank Man
Mon May 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spot on LexLuther.
Back Valley Tennis Club.
by mutton cove
Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Encounter Bay

IN:

Eli Horrocks reterning, Braedon Renshaw HFL, Scott wendelbourne Coach

Out:

Pattrik Barett MFL

Goolwa

IN:

Caleb Loydd RFL, Tavis Ekers VHFC, Brad Prior BLG, Damian Neagle BLG, Tyson Schmid NTFL, James “Jimmy” Allan SAAFL, Sam Foutoulis HFL, Todd Miles Coach

Out:

Todd Marsh SAAFL, Kyle Stolt SFL

Mount Compass

IN;

Nick Mott SFL, Sam Hainiford

Out:

Adam Hunter, Tom Pinyon

Strathalbyn

In Peter Simmons coach, Ryan Clarke SAAFL, Xavier Redden SANFL, Jared Greenbank

OUT

Langhorne Creek

In:

Seller as coach, Matt Tonkin and David Warren

OUT

Darcy Clifford HFL

Willunga

IN:

Bryan Fenton, Mylse warmington

Out

Mclaren

In:

Out: Cody elision, Jimmy Mathews SANFL

Victor Harbor

IN:

Damien Cross coach

Out:

Micheal Ross, Aydan Barttlet, Ben williams, LJ Connor, Sam Basham

Yankailla

In Lindys Thomas, Nick liddle, Ethan Moore

Myponga

In

Out

Is Tavis Akers Foxy’s son?

yes he is
by Local GSFL Man
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Tavis Akers Foxy’s son?

yes he is

His old man was a jet.

Where has Tavis been playing

The VHFC after his name would suggest Victor Harbor

Nowhere would be the more correct answer really. Hasn’t played since 2016. Only played a handful of games in 14,15,16 after colts. Had lots of injury problems. Been concentrating on studies I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by field of dreams
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And why should cricket assist Dutchy. Do you think football would assist cricket if COVID-19 impacts commenced in September instead of March.

Why wouldn't they? most communities have goodwill between sporting clubs.

Doesn't mean they have to push back their season, just work with footy to leave 3-4 ovals in each league to be used in October, the other ovals can still be used for cricket. Why couldn't it work? Don't think you understand that summer/winter tenancy politics that sometimes arises between community groups. Some people within one group sees the other as a stain on their right to use the shared facility even 'out of season' to them there is no out of season.

Might not happen at all facilities but it would be more prevalent than many would realise until they get involved in the inner sanctum and have to communicate to the other group regularly. Hopefully when discussions begin on starting the current in season sport the other is consulted on what us going on other wise things could get nasty for some clubs on both sides of the fence.
by heater31
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unless footy were able to get in 1 complete round and finals (13 Saturdays required) before the end of September, why would they bother starting at all ? If it worked out they needed only a couple of weeks in October to achieve this then maybe cricket could be understanding and delay their season a week or 2 to accommodate them but thats about it. Anyway with all the paranoia about whats going on i wouldn't be surprised if Cricket Australia recommends that cricket is side lined well into Summer anyway :roll:
by jackpot jim
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 3 Guesses

E Bay easily over Victor by 76 points
Mt Compass to break the ice with a narrow win over the Mudlarks 14 points
Willunga will be a touch too good for McLaren 22 points
If Yank are to play Finals they need to beat Goolwa/PE Yank by 25 points
Creeks despite missing a few talls this week are faves to get over Strath by 20 points
by jackpot jim
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually went and watched the W v Y game . WOW .. Yank were very very average . Willunga were very good. How much the one off sets the other is another argument. Yanks short 45 degree kicking game plan will never work , they don't have the skill and also it is so predictable you can read it from the sidelines. Thomas and Fittock out yesterday , not certain who the other 3 were Tiger . Also you would have to wonder why Yank would play a 38/9 year old bloke from KI ahead of some of the young local lads running around in the 2's. Tigers played with 15 of 15 points

Demons played with 4 of 9 points.

That’s a huge difference

Should be more than 15 pts as Tigers have been getting some favours from the league too. One ex strath player is meant to be worth points still however league ok'd to wipe him to zero because he lives locally is what i am hearing. An absolute joke if true. Plenty of gun footballers moved town with work and didnt get a free ride from the league.
by oldbomber
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:Check the rules, a returning player who does not qualify as a zero because of not enough games is assessed at full points value the first year, but zero points each season for that club thereafter.

Yes. If Clark has previously played at Yank that would apply.
by field of dreams
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It does seem likely when Great Southern comp starts pretty much a month before the K.I. comp does and thus he would play three or 4 games for Yank before returning to Dudley for the commencement of their season.
by DoublebluTiger
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It does seem likely when Great Southern comp starts pretty much a month before the K.I. comp does and thus he would play three or 4 games for Yank before returning to Dudley for the commencement of their season.

Ahh cool cheers. I can see 2 in 2007 and 3 in 2008. So it could be that he was 3 points in 2008, but as a returning player the following year he would become a zero pointer. Interesting.

Edit - not sure what I've said there is correct

When did the point system actually come in?? I was under the impression that ANY games played for a club before that system came in, you were automatically a 0 pointer. Same as playing juniors at that club. And the APPS didn’t come into effect in something like 2010 wasn’t it?? If so, it’s a moot point coz he’s played previously and is clearly a 0 pointer.
by Tiger83
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bluebagger wrote:Was Thomas injured for the Tigers this week or was it a points issue

I heard it was a points issue
by jackpot jim
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Debrief at McLaren:
Trade in GPS's for more Assistant Coaches or trade in Assistant Coaches for more GPS's??
by Turfie
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:
DOC wrote:Don't know this for certain but Crabb to coach at Penola with Liddle going as a player.

Try the KNT thread, they might have a bit more interest
Given they played at Yank this year, it’s a pretty relevant response to the question posed!

by field of dreams
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m sure Victor will be hoping that Boyd will be better for their culture than what Alleway was.

‘Culture’? Short memory....You know what they say about living in glass houses and throwing stoners.

I’ve had conversations with people at from your club and they’ve said that this is the case, re Alleway. Hence all the locals leaving the last 2 years. Which is a shame for your club.

Oh it must be true then!! All the locals lol

Anyway that's enough on that topic. I've got to go cook the BBQ. Hope my mates turn up - no one has RSVPd!!
by field of dreams
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

old fullback wrote:I recall a few years ago in the program that when Strathalbyn had a Home Game then Langhorne Creek would have an Away game and Vice a Versa, this seems to have changed now,

I think you'll find that scheduling also applied to Yank and Myponga games and possibly Victor Encounter Bay games.
by DoublebluTiger
Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With player points, the only scope a league has is the allocation of points each season to the clubs in their league whilst working within the permitted parameters i.e. number of clubs x 15 points = the total number of points that the league can distribute as they see fit.

Most leagues including the GSFL have established guidelines for that allocation e.g. ladder position and/or games won in the previous X or Y years. BUT - none of this changes the SACFL rules for determining the points allocation to an individual player.

Driving the Victor Harbor Road is dangerous enough without soon having to avoid the heads that may be rolling down it!!!
by Down the Hill
Fri May 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tom Dix Cannot be a zero pointer, read the rules and accept the points system. Compass have breached the points on three occasions so far this season and claimed ignorance or being given permission. Three players have since had there points adjusted up ( with Dix now being appealed ) yet no penalty for any breach. This is on top of appealing for and receiving 2 extra points which they did not qualify for. F.F.S.

Not sure your club can talk about asking for extra points.
First thing your coach did is run to the league and beg for 3 extra points which were granted.
Short memory it appears

The tribunal can only work within the rules set out by the community football board which is what they play under.
So if they have said he’s a zero pointer that’s what he is

There’s also other clubs including Yank and Fleurieu milk myponga that have asked and received compensation points and player points discount. No one was crying then.

I don’t care either way, nothing to do with me but seems to be a lot of winging for a game of country footy
by The eclipse fan
Sun May 16, 2021 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smashed Crab wrote:What are you going to say when Zane Kirkwood comes to play for the Dogs? Long time partner of daughter of old MC President and Life Member, does a Son in Law of a Life Member get granted zero points like a son of Life Member does? Watch this space.......

Turn it up :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed May 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The news gets even better for Mount Compass supporters tonight as we believe that paperwork has been lodged for Jason Porplyzia to join the Bulldogs.
Jason played 130 games for Adelaide and kicked 181.
The Porpoise would be reunited with former Crows teammate Lewis Johnston and strengthen the Dogs already solid Premiership chances.
*Our understanding is Porplyzia would be a 0pt player.
Confirmation of this signing as soon as it comes to hand.
Jason Played league footy for West Adelaide 11 times in 2018, so don't be fooled by this 24 month rubbish that appears to being used.
If he is transferred as a zero pointer, then someone actually does not know what they are doing and clearly has not read through the rules in their entirety. This is exactly why Dix cannot be 0 points- Rules as follows:

Due to the abandonment of season 2020 by many Leagues impacted by COVID19 the following shall apply:
9.6.1. For season 2021 any club who actively participated in the 2020 season
will receive the usual -1 point discount for any player retained who was
also retained from the 2019 season to the 2020 season.
9.6.2. For season 2021 any player who transferred to a club prior to April 1st
2020 will receive the usual -1 point discount if they are retained for the
2021 season.
9.6.3. For season 2021 any player that played on a COVID-19 permit or
transferred clubs from April 1st, 2020 will retain their season 2020 player
rating and will not receive any additional discount.
9.6.4. For season 2021 any player from an abandoned club or league who did
not participate in season 2020 will retain their 2020, point rating for the
2021 season.
9.6.5. For any player transferring clubs in season 2021 or 2022 the following will
apply:
9.6.5.1. For season 2021 a players point rating shall be determined by the
balance of matches played in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
9.6.5.2. For season 2022 a players point rating shall be determined by the
balance of matches played in the 2019 and 2021 seasons.

SANFL reps released a statement before season starting stating 24 month rule still applies to be eligible for 0 points, meaning if a player played in 2018 and did not play in 2019 and 2020 he would be automatically 0 points. Based on this Porplyzia is 0. This is from SANFL not GSFL
by watchdog
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Settled in at my desk yesterday to watch the top of the table clash between Demons and the Hawks

Was I bloody disappointed to see bulldogs vs Tigers on a drizzly rainy crap day.
One team was only gonna flood back to choke another side from scoring
Didn’t last long into the broadcast when I couldn’t stand the commentary so turned off

What happened to the guys that filmed and broadcast last year? They were great
Who makes the decisions on where the happy fm go? Surely it’s not Curran cos dementia has well and truely set in
GSFL deserves better
by The eclipse fan
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More facts : So of the 50 available appearance over the previous 5 years, 40 have been taken up by 5 clubs, that's a massive 80%.
More facts : McLaren and Compass received alterations to their 2021 allocations based on speculative measures because of the COVID 1/2 year season in 2020, while all other clubs simply had their win / loss ratio doubled.
More facts Compass were allocated a loss when they had a Draw with Encounter Bay in 2020, while Encounter Bay were not afforded the same luxury???? :oops: :roll: :shock:

Now consider the results from these decisions just in 1 instance- Lewis Johnston (4 points) and Corey Grove (3 points) were commonly known as a pairing and have been rumoured to have spoken to by multiple GSFL clubs. Without the extra 2 points from fact 3, could Compass fit both into their side if they only had 9 points? Unlikely!
Mott 2, Skrypek 3, Haniford 2 (at that time before additional concessions were allocated Friday night before the first round) up to 6, should be 7 points already
Are both Johnston & Grove then forced to look for a new home & potentially end up at one of Goolwa, Yank, Pongy or Victor? Possibly?
Does that help even the comp? Absolutely!
Does Porplyzia then end up at that club also because of their connection with him? Maybe? (not sure if he has a direct Compass connection or it's the Crows)
by Cheap Seats
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess I’ll point out the obvious….

Where’s all the Bulldogs? Pinyon, Ziggy Vitkunas, Nick Mott, Lewis Johnston, Matt Skrypek, Sam Haniford. Could arguably all be walk up starts, but none in the side - all injured? Bet they’re right for round 10. Yes, other Clubs have star players not selected, but not six.

There is no points limit in association lads, get amongst it.

Guess there’s also no player payments though.
No $ either
by cracka
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
by mutton cove
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spare a thought for the A grade player's that are overlooked for minus pointers. In most cases these minus pointers get very little game time and risk serious injury. It has become another rule that is being abused, time to get rid of the minus pointer. If a under age player is good enough and though to be up to senior football he will be picked anyway.
by mutton cove
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:shock: Bit late to care about Clubs being fairly treated after the Player Points debacle :roll:
Yer I agree, but that was a quote from a GSFL email.

Their ‘thought patterns’ have now changed again since.
Games will recommence from Rnd 15 onwards all the way to the end of the season, and the missed Rnd 14 will be played as the final round (like a catch-up round), before finals. This is to save a scramble to move game locations etc. GRAND FINAL will be Saturday 2nd October.

October long weekend isn’t a great solution either, bucks shows, weddings, footy trips, holidays already booked in and paid for. You’d prefer to play AFL grand final day .[/quote]

It now clashes with the Yank Show and as Yank is hosting the GF there will be people who will be double booked, overstretched volunteering their time for both events.
by DoublebluTiger
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not play the GF on the Sunday after the AFL GF?
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Same final in Hills Div 1 today between Hahndorf and Uraidla was 6 goal thriller!

2.16 to 4.14 Hahndorf's way. Comical scoreline.
by DoublebluTiger
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not too many tears being shed across the Fleurieu tonight

Except maybe at 5210
by am Bays
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What’s the rumour about the apparent rule change which will allow Jordan mutton to play ressies in the GF? If both grades make senior finals and playing with full sides if he played the majority or finals in ressies he can play? Issues with this being, the big clubs that make finals in both grades each year will only get stronger and stronger.
Not to mention there will be young lads that have trained all year missing out for a bloke with a back injury.
McLaren have not made the GF in the A grade so not an issue. If both grades make it, then the club can play any of the 42 selected players in any grade they wish. That's been the ruling forever?
by Cheap Seats
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the season is upon us. Thanks to damian, Local GSFL Man and Red Devil for the lists of ins and outs. Loving the new playhq :-Q :(

so guessing based on those that squad lists are...

Willunga: Even
Creek: even/worse
Mclaren: better
Compass: worse
Strath: even
Bays: even
Goolwa: even?
Yank: worse
Pongy: better
Victor: better

Guesses for round 1:

Compass v Willunga - Willunga
Pongy v McLaren - McLaren
Strath v Goolwa - Strath
Victor v Creek - Creek
Yank v Bays - Bays
by field of dreams
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Enjoyable night down at Myponga Sat night and a big win to the home team, seem very well structured and ready to climb the ladder.

by Dutchy
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tips this week

Roos to beat the bays (Upset of the year) by 11
Compass to smack Goolwa 60+
Willunga to just keep McLaren out by 5pts
Myponga to get it done over yank by 40+
Strath too strong for creek by 5 goals

Some interesting results in Round 3 :?

Bays reasonably comfortable over Victor by 29 points
Compass easily over the Magpies as expected by 83 points
Myp/Sell had a training run over Yank to the tune of 102 points

In what many believe as the Grand Final preview, McLaren flexed their muscle by smashing the Demons by 58 points and have certainly made a statement.

Creeks who in the 1st 2 Rounds looked anything like a team that had played in the previous 4 Grand Finals welcomed back 6 Premiership players and that certainly made a big difference as they hammered Strath in the 2nd half to run out 53 point winners as Strath were left to lick their wounds with a few injuries and also Riley Clamp being Red Carded. Incident happened at the 2.14 hr mark of the telecast just seconds before 3/4 time. Looking at the replay there doesn't seem to be much in it as Kellock who was the Creek player that got put to ground got up and walked away as if there was nothing in it whilst a few other players took it a bit further with a brief scuffle.
Red Card is off for the match and an automatic report i'm guessing ? Hard to getting games going on the vision.

3 great games on paper next week between
Bays v Myp/Sell
Compass v Creeks
Strath v Victor

whilst there appers to be 2 blowout results on the cards with Willunga & McLaren expected to do a number on Yank and Gool/PE respectively.
by jackpot jim
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As for Covid, seems last Saturdays Magpies v Dogs game was a super spreader with a lot of players and staff having tested positive this week sadly.

Creeks will be missing at least 3 -4 of their TOP players this week with Covid as well as a couple of others (Injuries,U/A etc)
All played Monday night against Strath so be interesting if they have any missing because of it this week?
Tipping with any confidence has just about become impossible with the uncertainty of player availability week to week whilst Covid. is still around.

Magpies have forfeited tomorrows Reserves game with 42 (and counting) Covid cases to players and support staff - club doctor and all trainers all infected. The A’s have scrapped together a team with 9 playing their first A Grade game for the season. 16 A Graders unavailable. Very unfortunate.

Not ideal for McLaren either with points being split. At best, McLaren would’ve won the game and done so by 10+ goals. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being the difference in ladder position come finals.

Why would the points be split? Forfeit = loss. Forfeit every game and get 9 points probably gets you into finals :lol:
by Cheap Seats
Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m having a crack at tomorrows tips amongst the covid chaos in a number of clubs.

Bays over Pongy 5 goals
Willunga over Yank 20 + goals
Mclaren over Goolwa 30 + goals
Compass over Creeks 2 goals
Victor over Strath by less than a kick

by grasshopper22
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry 3 not 4 -Angus Weir has actually been there all year. The others might just be permit players.
Ethan Moore (at port) former yank b&f, has played a couple games this year now
Luke Arandt
Dylan Collis.

All were in the best against Goolwa

by field of dreams
Sun May 22, 2022 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Semi finals here.

Go Pongy

Willunga Demons vs Myponga/Sellicks Mudlarks
Langhorne Creek vs Encounter Bay

Saturday, August 27, 2022

So Victor lost their last 4 matches to stumble from 4th to 7th :shock:
Strath lost key matches against Victor and Bays in rounds 13 & 15 that ultimately saw them finish 6th.
Creeks came from the clouds to snatch a finals spot with 5 wins from their last 6 matches.
Bays fell in to hang onto a finals spot winning only 3 of their last 8 which culminated in a massive 135 point loss to McLaren :shock:

Tips

Willunga get the nod over Myp/Sell Jjust. With both teams pretty well having the double chance wrapped up a long way from home an no chance of getting top, it's hard to know what effect that has had on the 2 teams phychy at times. In the back half of the season Willunga were beaten by Strath and thrashed by the Creeks only a few weeks ago whilst Myp/Sell havent been overly impressive at times with a draw against Strath along with losses to the Creeks and a thrashing at the hands of the Demons. All that means little today i guess as both sides battle to have 1st crack at McLaren who are looking invincible.

Creeks clearly have the better form in the 2nd half of the season than E Bay and will start a very slight favorite on Sunday. Bays havent had a great preparation coming into finals and are probably a bit lucky to maintain a spot having only beaten 1 top 5 team for the season and that was the Creeks by a whopping 99 points in round 2 when the Creeks were depleted early in the season. Whilst the Creeks have dropped 4 matches to teams outside the 5(mostly when depleted) they made up for that by beating Willunga TWICE as well as Myp/Sell and also the Bays the 2nd time around by 54 points.
Again it all means little tomorrow in a game that could go either way. Creeks are sweating on the fitness of a couple of key players that could have a major bearing on the result if they dont play.
by jackpot jim
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 Reddens and the brother in-law Bower is interesting.

Willunga have had a heap of in's in the last 2 years. Nye, Juckers, 3x Reddens, Bower, Colwell makes 7. If you add in Hutchens, Mills, Hoffman that's 10 who one could think would be on some form of payment. $250 each is good value.

Any new on if the cap is being raised, maybe they are ahead of the game
by Cheap Seats
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ahhh milk and wine… $$$

by field of dreams
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't believe the Tom Redden going to Willunga is the same Tom Redden at Strath last year is it?
Just coincidence that the Strath version is leaving or maybe he's staying?

That would be some coincidence!….
Yes it’s the same one..
I don't think it is? Tom at Strath is from RSMU played u/17's in 2011 so would be around 29, Jacks Brother Tom is from Keith and was born in 1987 so would be around 36.
Its been publicised as 3 brothers and a brother in law, so presuming its the later? I think the confusion might be that Jacks brother Tom (& Alex the brother in law) played for Strath way back in 2008
You referring to the above Field of Dreams? Or have Myponga signed more?
Advertiser will be all over it Creek Mclaren etc and now pongy have 4 more. Another Kennedy included. John F maybe?

by field of dreams
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morning glory
by DOC
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

According to the club announcement, Has taken a full time job at Sturt, including coaching the U18s. I think he was working at the SANFL.

by field of dreams
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Encounter Bay: Richard Littlely, Don Bartel, Wilf Brand, Allan Crispin, Gary Roberts, Trevor Prior, Todd Butler, Lloyd Tugwell & Doug Tugwell
by Cheap Seats
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My info is that Myponga might escape sanction for Ahmet Watkins flights, even though it was acknowledged that flights were not available for $400. Amazing :roll: . I guess for huge sponsors of the SANFL, the rules can be changed.

If exemption was given (as rumoured), I'm sure there will be a memo out to every other club in the state, stating exactly what that exemption was an how they can apply it to their clubs recruiting. (Wish there was a sarcastic emoji)

Do you really think Myponga wouldve cheated in broad daylight? Really brave or dumb thing to so if true

Probably an extension of the waiving from the year before that some of the "real" (furthur away from the metro) country clubs got the year before with Covid as the reason

Feel free to put your tinfoil hat back on now though
by banterfordays
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have there been any practice matches and if yes any scores available?
by goddy11
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see air fares have come down substantially since last season.
I dont think Ahmat Watkins is playing this year. I cant understand how Myponga have managed to escape sanction, especially given Jervois were for the EXACT thing. Major sponsorship has its perks??

Think you’ll find they called the league prior to every game Ahmat Watkins played to make sure everything was above board. Not sure where the loophole was but its behind them now, so clear up your tears and move on.
The loophole is obvious, just no one is willing to admit it. Pump enough Cash into the SANFL and they look the other way in spite of their own Black and white rules. Why have them if the don't administer them equally, fairly, and let all clubs know if there are exceptions made?

Amazing how ignorant and misinformed people are who speculate this stuff. Very different scenario to Jervois. I know a couple of people close to it with the difference being the player did not personally benefit ie, the club didn't pay the Darwin lad to then get his own flights like Jervois. Club paid flights and cleared with SANFL auditors prior to season. Throwing crap at hard working local business owners pretty low. Local company supports local footy and you want to throw crap at them.
Every club has the opportunity to speak with the auditors to clarify any rules and their application. More clubs should do it. Kudos to Myponga I say.
by inthestands
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |