Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

daysofourlives wrote:How did Schmidt pitch them yesterday Extractor?

and pitch is about what he does with it....
by Extractor
Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is not a whole lot wrong with our heat rule at the moment. The only tweak that needs to happen is to go to the BOM website and use either the Roseworthy or Elizabeth forecast. 99.9% of people have access to the internet these days and it removes any confusion around which channel news we are supposed to watch or what happens if someone says the wrong thing.

They normally release this forecast at about 4pm and this is what the commercial tv stations use.

Personally I would prefer to have the match called off on the Friday night instead of waiting until Saturday morning. I also think it needs to be one rule for the whole comp with everyone being cancelled or everyone playing. You want to avoid a couple of captains pushing to play anddoing deals because they need the points when others have been cancelled.
by Extractor
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:As long as there is no collision between the teams (ie deliberately setting up a result to deny a third team) I don't see an issue with teams trying everything they can to make finals

Collisions between teams can be very painful...
by Extractor
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Dogwatcher wrote:
Extractor wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Pretty good meat trays ;)

Crestline Meats - the best

Tru dat.
About to open a second shop, too.

Fingers crossed it's in the new racecourse development?
by Extractor
Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah well Ty Stock played for us so I hardly think Woodards playing is that big of a deal. It probably doesnt help that he got dropped 3 times before he made it to 50 though...
by Extractor
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone else picture Days sitting up there in the hills pushing pins into his little Gawler Central Voodoo doll and chanting curses to bring us bad fortune?
by Extractor
Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes agree, spectators on field a definitely not on and I've seen my share in another competition. However the South player who called his wife a 'f******g w****' basically to her face should not become some sort of hero out of this either. Unfortunately he probably will and its doubtful his club will deal with him at all. The whole thing wasn't a good look for football, but we can expect more of it unfortunately as the competition becomes more urbanised .

Because folks from the Barossa and Light regions are nothing but model citizens compared with those horrible dole bludgers from Gawler and the Northern Suburbs?

Not stereotyping by any chance?
by Extractor
Mon May 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

*grabs popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Extractor
Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:It's a bit harder with stick down nets and sand runups like Gawler centrals have

Thats true, too lazy to roll it up each week

Occupational Health and Safety...too many blokes off on Workcover for rolling mats up

by Extractor
Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perfect results today. Gilbert Winning (nothing against Kap) and South losing , let's hope this happens a couple more times this year , so that the "big fishes" in little ponds can have another good year next year.

On another note Freeling V Ango in the One day final for 3rd yeR in a row ... Should be a cracker, freeling have wood over Ango at moment, but anyone's game.

Reports that Hannun did a calf today, opens the door, gives Ango a chance as i reckon he averages about 350 against them.

Still managed to pull off a direct hit runout from about 40 meters after moving like a statue for the previous 30 overs!

by Extractor
Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There has been a fair bit of discussion on here and also at the junior meeting last night about reviewing the heat policy in the BLCA and I had noticed that a lot of the discussion has been anecdotal with people saying stuff like "its always hotter here" but not backing it up with facts.

I had a few spare minutes at work and was able to get some information off the BOM website and thought it would be a good idea to compare the Elizabeth and Nuri temps so we can see what we are actually dealing with. The attachment is a comparison of daily recorded maximum temperatures at Nuri and Elizabeth from Jan 2014 to present.

It does look as though Elizabeth tends to be slightly warmer than Nuri, especially when the temperature gets up towards 40 degrees.

If people think this sort of thing is useful maybe we could get this data for Roseworthy as well and may be the forecast information as well to compare?

If we are going to review the rule then we should do it properly and look at the facts!

Temperatures.pdf
by Extractor
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A draw in the night game I see.
Weather wasnt great but what was the crowd like?
Was the night a success and will this lead to more night games?

who gives a s!%t the only people that benefit out of night footy is songers mob
great win by Ango yesterday

What a great attitude Borat...

by Extractor
Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

whufc wrote:See Nat Brookes made 72 on debut for South Gawler in the reserves.

Wont be long until Mega Head is sledging the suitcases out of A Grade sides.

Should fit right in then...
by Extractor
Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:I'm thinking of coming out to the Granny at the Dog Track; how easy is it to get a park?

There is parking next door or in the streets around the Dog Track. Can also get the train which stops right next door...
by Extractor
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |